De Blasio Announces ‘Meatless Mondays’ In NYC Public Schools Because Of Climate Change

Because it was a choice and a religious practice, not a global warming practice.

The choice was eat the fish or bring your own food...just like now.

it is telling that you are ok with religious indoctrination in our public schools....indoctrination by of one of the many sects of Christianity.

I thought you were talking about society in general, not schools. When did the schools ever force kids to eat fish or bring their own lunches?

your schools never had Fish Friday for Lent? Most did.

Fish on Fridays Respecting Religions - Life360

Oh, a person on a blog said this? Well now don't I feel silly?

As far as the article is concerned, this time it was the Mayor alone. And he didn't set the menu based on nutritional requirements or parental suggestions. He set it for a political agenda.

What if a Republican did the same thing and only had venison on the menu to encourage kids to take arms and go deer hunting when they get older?

The mayor is the head of the school district, that is the way it is set up.

if a Repub did that I would have the exact same response as I am having now.

Sure you would. And what if a Republican said he's just closing the cafeteria for financial reasons, and let all the kids bring their own lunch? You on the left would be crying up a storm how kids were going to be malnourished and unable to concentrate on their studies.

why do you, who is far to the left of me...say stupid things like "you on the left"?

Oh, that's right, I forgot, I'm sorry. You're not a leftist, only a person that takes a leftist position nine out of ten times.

and you are the person, like all you others, that can never name a single leftist position I hold. So weird how that works.

And you don't think government stopping kids from eating meat on Monday's to pander to the global warming cloud is not a leftist position? When did the right ever going the global warming moment?

Because it was a choice and a religious practice, not a global warming practice.

it is telling that you are ok with religious indoctrination in our public schools....indoctrination by of one of the many sects of Christianity.

I thought you were talking about society in general, not schools. When did the schools ever force kids to eat fish or bring their own lunches?

everyone on this thread knew what fish friday was but you...you should feel silly.

The mayor is the head of the school district, that is the way it is set up.

if a Repub did that I would have the exact same response as I am having now.

Sure you would. And what if a Republican said he's just closing the cafeteria for financial reasons, and let all the kids bring their own lunch? You on the left would be crying up a storm how kids were going to be malnourished and unable to concentrate on their studies.

why do you, who is far to the left of me...say stupid things like "you on the left"?

Oh, that's right, I forgot, I'm sorry. You're not a leftist, only a person that takes a leftist position nine out of ten times.

and you are the person, like all you others, that can never name a single leftist position I hold. So weird how that works.

And you don't think government stopping kids from eating meat on Monday's to pander to the global warming cloud is not a leftist position? When did the right ever going the global warming moment?

I do not think the local government making decision about the local school cafeteria menu is a big deal no matter why they do it. it is their job, they pick the menu for all sorts of reasons I would likely not agree with.

I am all about local control, and when the locals make a decisions I will not attack them for it.

everyone on this thread knew what fish friday was but you...you should feel silly.

Well in point of truth YOU said "fish Friday" was about saving souls.
Dumbass.

Well in point of truth YOU said "fish Friday" was about saving souls.
Dumbass.

Isn't that the point of any religion?

"Meatless Monday" in New York.

My home here in Florida just had 100K added to its price.

Oh yeah, there is going to be a mass exodus from NY City because the school cafeteria will not serve meat one day a week!

Are you really this stupid or is it just an act?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

There already is a mass exodus leaving New York City and New York.

It's been going on for 70 years. Are you an infant?

New York has gone from 43 members of the House down to the anticipated 27 in 2020. They are currently
the 4th largest state in the Union, having lost ground to Florida which is now #3.

I do not think the local government making decision about the local school cafeteria menu is a big deal no matter why they do it. it is their job, they pick the menu for all sorts of reasons I would likely not agree with.

I am all about local control, and when the locals make a decisions I will not attack them for it.

Correct, it normally isn't a big deal until you have them making decisions to advance their political agenda. Then it becomes everybody's concern. With Moochelle, it was because she thought kids were too fat. With DeBlahzio, it's because he thinks he can control the environment. It's politics, and I am strongly against children being the victims of decisions by politicians based on politics. Because these kids are not stupid. They are going to be made aware of why lunches suck on Monday's. So it's not only making the kids suffer for a political ideology, it's indoctrination at the same time.

These are public school lunches, they have always been under the purview of New York City. A city mind you that elected the current mayor, in other words not a secret indoctrination plot, they voted in the mayor who they politically agree with. Whether that be government staying out of a woman's right to choose or an understanding that global warming is largely influenced by man. Whether you agree with that or not is irrelevant.

Yeah, the turnout at that elections shows a "mandate".

If you want a clinic in voter apathy and lockstep line punching, go to NYC.

At least De Blasio managed to win a majority of the vote.

And for that we get meatless mondays, something no one runs on. It's just one of those progressive virtue signaling asshat moves he is known for.

I didn't realize you are a New Yorker. I guess you lost, huh?

Here's the thing. Nobody really gives a shit about public school lunches being vegetarian on Mondays and if they did then chances are they didn't vote for De Blasio anyway.

School children don't get to vote......yet.......but then again, if the Democrats ever have their way.........

I'm obviously referring to actual voters, goofball.

Oh yeah, there is going to be a mass exodus from NY City because the school cafeteria will not serve meat one day a week!

New York has gone from 43 members of the House down to the anticipated 27 in 2020. They are currently
the 4th largest state in the Union, having lost ground to Florida which is now #3.

you are the moron that thinks the schools not serving meat one day a week is going to add 100k to your fucking house.

not even you can be that stupid, or can you?

Correct, it normally isn't a big deal until you have them making decisions to advance their political agenda. Then it becomes everybody's concern. With Moochelle, it was because she thought kids were too fat. With DeBlahzio, it's because he thinks he can control the environment. It's politics, and I am strongly against children being the victims of decisions by politicians based on politics. Because these kids are not stupid. They are going to be made aware of why lunches suck on Monday's. So it's not only making the kids suffer for a political ideology, it's indoctrination at the same time.

I think the kids will survive, not having meat one day a week on the menu is not really making anyone suffer. Hell, back in the day when he had the awesome rectangle cafeteria pizza it was always cheese and there was no other choice, and we all survived.

quit being a snowflake, nobody is suffering.

I think the kids will survive, not having meat one day a week on the menu is not really making anyone suffer. Hell, back in the day when he had the awesome rectangle cafeteria pizza it was always cheese and there was no other choice, and we all survived.

That's what they said about the kids when Moochelle forced them to eat the crap she demanded. Kids were living on junk food or going to fast food places for those that allowed the kids to leave the school during lunch. Kids were dumping entire lunches in the trash can.

You can't force anybody to eat things they don't want; especially children.

That's what they said about the kids when Moochelle forced them to eat the crap she demanded. Kids were living on junk food or going to fast food places for those that allowed the kids to leave the school during lunch. Kids were dumping entire lunches in the trash can.

now you are comparing apples to oranges. The Fed Govt should not be involved in what a local school board decides to put on the menu, that was way out of line.

And it also affected every day of the week, not just one.

Hell, are the little kids going to die if they eat spaghetti and marinara one day a week?

now you are comparing apples to oranges. The Fed Govt should not be involved in what a local school board decides to put on the menu, that was way out of line.

Hell, are the little kids going to die if they eat spaghetti and marinara one day a week?

They may not eat at all if they don't like it. Why are you leftists such control freaks anyway?

They may not eat at all if they don't like it. Why are you leftists such control freaks anyway?

you are trying so fucking hard, I almost feel sorry for you.

A local government choosing the menu for the local school cafeteria is not about control, it is something that happens in every school district in the fucking nation. And you never whined about it till now...quit being such a snowflake.

A local government choosing the menu for the local school cafeteria is not about control, it is something that happens in every school district in the fucking nation. And you never whined about it till now...quit being such a snowflake.

It is about control when the menu is created to promote a political agenda.

It is about control when the menu is created to promote a political agenda.

181148-triple_facepalm_super.jpg

More evidence that liberal leaders truly believe they are God!....

you are the moron that thinks the schools not serving meat one day a week is going to add 100k to your fucking house.

not even you can be that stupid, or can you?

They've been bailing out of New York for 70 years. Currently no state is losing population like New York.

I live in one of the fastest growing areas/communities in America. My house goes up in value every year.

Forum List

Back