Deal Emerging: Where Does the GOP Go From Here?

Funny how all of you keep saying the Tea Party is dying or dead... yet here we still are. Powerful enough to bring the establishment Republicans to their knees. Are you that scared of us?

In that regard the Tea Party is like a terrorist organization (not saying they ARE a terrorist organization - I'm saying there is this one similarity):

They cannot build - they can only destroy.

They don't have the power to enact reforms on their own - and they are either too obstinate or too stupid - to work with others to achieve incremental improvements. They only have the power to create havoc withing the Republican Party - which by the way - leaves Democrats unchallenged in their effort to head in a completely different direction.

Not very bright.

Funny how all of you keep saying the Tea Party is dying or dead... yet here we still are. Powerful enough to bring the establishment Republicans to their knees. Are you that scared of us?

Every sane person is afraid of psychopaths, yes.

not sure where the gop is going but I hope the Democrat party and Obama go to hell

that's the only place that deserves their way of governing...hostile, ugly, hateful and Vengeful...

the most disgusting party I have lived under with Obama as their leader

General rule of thumb.

If it makes you guys cry like this and commit political suicide, then it is the right thing.

Move out of the way of progress or get ran over. :lol:

You speak out of fear. You are afraid of what you don't understand. If our Founding Fathers were still alive today, no doubt you would deem them as "radicals" too.

I'm not afraid. I'm discouraged. I do not believe the Tea Party holds the view of the majority of the American people. If they did, Obama would not of been re-elected on a platform of not allowing the ACA to be defunded.

Going against the American people to satisfy a minority of the population is not the way to get your message out and shutting down the Govt. and threatening a default on our debt is not the way to Govern.

They don't know how to compromise and do not deserve a place in Congress.

Who says everyone has to hold the views of the majority? Does freedom of expression mean anything? Are they not Americans? Stop treating them as some sort of alien species. You Liberals are all about conformity. Not everyone chooses to conform to liberal ideals. The people in congress now are elected officials, saying that "do not deserve a place in congress" is akin to saying the people who elected them had no right to put them in office. Your words are careless.

And answer me this: Is it proper governance to continue raising the debt ceiling and further continue reckless spending? Which is more dangerous? Just how many straws will it take to break the camel's back?

that's all well and good, but don't sell a bunch of voters on the notion that 50 house members can derail a law.

In that regard the Tea Party is like a terrorist organization (not saying they ARE a terrorist organization - I'm saying there is this one similarity):

They cannot build - they can only destroy.

They don't have the power to enact reforms on their own - and they are either to obstinate or too stupid - to work with others to achieve incremental improvements. They only have the power to create havoc withing the Republican Party - which by the way - leaves Democrats unchallenged in their effort to head in a completely different direction.

Not very bright.

but of course, you got that DNC talking points meme down pat

bravo-sheep

Where does the GOP go from here?

The GOP has taken a blood bath in this debacle. The GOP brand has taken some serious damage for no practical gain. They have been weakened politically and embarassed on an international stage

What do they do?

The GOP needs to address their TeaTard problem head on. They need to treat them like the cancer that they are and stop accomodating them. They need to make it clear that "We tried it your way and had our asses handed to us."
They need to abandon the Hastert Rule which forbids bipartisanship. It may have made sense in a kinder, gentler time....but to allow a small minority of your party to abandon common sense in an attempt to bring down the hated Government is political lunacy
The TeaTards need to be placed in a box and ignored by both parties. That will allow the adults in the room to go about their business of running the country

not sure where the gop is going but I hope the Democrat party and Obama go to hell

that's the only place that deserves their way of governing...hostile, ugly, hateful and Vengeful...

General rule of thumb.

If it makes you guys cry like this and commit political suicide, then it is the right thing.

Yeah, we aren't comparing people to terrorists, wife beaters, Confederates, arsonists or psychopaths. That rhetoric is coming from the likes of you. You are reading right out of Saul Alinsky's playbook. Demonize the opposition. Instead of focusing on the substance of the issue, demonize and vilify the opposition. Textbook Saul Alinsky tactics.

Last edited:
Your are deluding yourself TK if you think you've brought Wall St and the Chambers of commerce to their knees. They may be bringing flowers to Hillary, but they're not on their knees.

You speak out of fear. You are afraid of what you don't understand. If our Founding Fathers were still alive today, no doubt you would deem them as "radicals" too.

I'm not afraid. I'm discouraged. I do not believe the Tea Party holds the view of the majority of the American people. If they did, Obama would not of been re-elected on a platform of not allowing the ACA to be defunded.

Going against the American people to satisfy a minority of the population is not the way to get your message out and shutting down the Govt. and threatening a default on our debt is not the way to Govern.

Who says everyone has to hold the views of the majority? Does freedom of expression mean anything? Are they not Americans? Stop treating them as some sort of alien species. You Liberals are all about conformity. Not everyone chooses to conform to liberal ideals. The people in congress now are elected officials, saying that "do not deserve a place in congress" is akin to saying the people who elected them had no right to put them in office. Your words are careless.

And answer me this: Is it proper governance to continue raising the debt ceiling and further continue reckless spending? Which is more dangerous? Just how many straws will it take to break the camel's back? It discourages me that people are willing to ignore the ramifications of their actions.

The one thing they are trying to do is defund Obamacare. That's it. They can't do it legislatively because they don't have the votes so they are going to hold up a vote of funding the Government and paying our debt until they get something they are never going to get. Defunding a law that was passed 3 years ago. They need to go after more voters and elect more people who hold their ideals but they can't do that. They can only win in Gerrymandered districts where people who are easily swayed elect them into power. They only have power in the House because of the Gerrymandering and an ineffective majority leader who won't even go against them to bring a clean bill up for a vote to fund the Government.

They don't deserve a place at the table because they won't compromise. Governing is all about compromise.

Most people don't want what they are selling right now.

Last edited:
Your are deluding yourself TK if you think you've brought Wall St and the Chambers of commerce to their knees. They may be bringing flowers to Hillary, but they're not on their knees.

Exactly.

The GOP has taken a blood bath in this debacle. The GOP brand has taken some serious damage for no practical gain. They have been weakened politically and embarassed on an international stage

What do they do?

The GOP needs to address their TeaTard problem head on. They need to treat them like the cancer that they are and stop accomodating them. They need to make it clear that "We tried it your way and had our asses handed to us."
They need to abandon the Hastert Rule which forbids bipartisanship. It may have made sense in a kinder, gentler time....but to allow a small minority of your party to abandon common sense in an attempt to bring down the hated Government is political lunacy
The TeaTards need to be placed in a box and ignored by both parties. That will allow the adults in the room to go about their business of running the country

yeah, we already know what you think, you've repeated this same thing now 100 times
you think you've convinced anyone YET?

What do they do?

But what is tragic is that they won't. The Tea Party is here to stay. Why? Because the Tea Party operates on emotion. They are an emotionally charged movement. People would prefer to think on emotion rather than on facts and critical thinking. See when a person learns enough facts on an issue, it challenges their perspective. Teabaggers would rather avoid that cognitive dissonance.

Last edited:

Then how did we stop Boehner from getting enough votes for his bill last night? How did we get them to submit three bills to the Senate? Boehner is the one who caved in like the weak kneed establishment Republican he is.

And answer me this: Is it proper governance to continue raising the debt ceiling and further continue reckless spending? Which is more dangerous? Just how many straws will it take to break the camel's back? It discourages me that people are willing to ignore the ramifications of their actions.

The one thing they are trying to do is defund Obamacare. That's it. They can't do it legislatively because they don't have the votes so they are going to hold up a vote of funding the Government and paying our debt until they get something they are never going to get. Defunding a law that was passed 3 years ago. They need to go after more voters and elect more people who hold their ideals but they can't do that. They can only win in Gerrymandered districts where people elect them into power. They only have power in the House because of the Gerrymandering and an ineffective majority leader who won't even go against them to bring a clean bill up for a vote to fund the Government.

They don't deserve a place at the table because they won't compromise. Governing is all about compromise.

Actually, we might have been able to delay Obamacare for a year, and even make some major modifications like moving from expanding medicaid to providing working poor with tax credits to buy private insurance, but the TPM f9cked that chance up. When you LIE to voters about what you can do if you're elected, it tends to limit the ability you have to change stuff.

The one thing they are trying to do is defund Obamacare. That's it. They can't do it legislatively because they don't have the votes so they are going to hold up a vote of funding the Government and paying our debt until they get something they are never going to get. Defunding a law that was passed 3 years ago. They need to go after more voters and elect more people who hold their ideals but they can't do that. They can only win in Gerrymandered districts where people who are easily swayed elect them into power. They only have power in the House because of the Gerrymandering and an ineffective majority leader who won't even go against them to bring a clean bill up for a vote to fund the Government.

where did you read that from?

but Obama and Democrats DESERVE everything and more right? the hell with those people who disapprove of him and his Fascist ObamaCare passed against the majority of the peoples WILL

Last edited:

That link does not support the assertion that the TPM is growing. It supports the assertion that the GOP is getting smaller, and the TPM and evangelicals are having more influence w/n the gop.

it suggests a needed thinning of the herd. The Republican Party has lost because it abandoned its core principals. The Tea Party represents those core beliefs. What the Tea Party types need to go further is a charismatic spokesman (a Reagan type) who embraces these ideals & can effectively communicate with people. There are too many RINOs in the party now who have undercut the conservative message & are no different than the Democrats.

Another Reagan type? Really? That's what you want?
A guy who took the debt from 26.2% of GDP to 40.9% of GDP in eight years??????

You're losing me partner.

Your post seems to validate this post:

They are an emotionally charged movement. People would prefer to think on emotion rather than on facts and critical thinking.

Last edited:

Then how did we stop Boehner from getting enough votes for his bill last night? How did we get them to submit three bills to the Senate? Boehner is the one who caved in like the weak need establishment Republican he is.

you will get one of two things: the senate bill or the treasury stopping social security checks. You are deluding yourself if you think you gained anything beyond giving a Cruzistag speech to a bunch of parnoids.

General rule of thumb.

Yeah, we aren't comparing people to terrorists, wife beaters, Confederates, arsonists or psychopaths. That rhetoric is coming from the likes of you. You are reading right out of Saul Alinsky's playbook. Demonize the opposition. Instead of focusing on the substance of the issue, demonize and vilify the opposition. Textbook Saul Alinsky tactics.

Nobody else is acting like terrorists, wife beaters, Confederates, arsonists or psychopaths

Republicans need to man up and acknowledge that their antics are damaging the country. This is not a case of both sides being equally guilty. The Republicans orchestrated this crisis and deserve any names they are being called

That link does not support the assertion that the TPM is growing. It supports the assertion that the GOP is getting smaller, and the TPM and evangelicals are having more influence w/n the gop.

it suggests a needed thinning of the herd. The Republican Party has lost because it abandoned its core principals. The Tea Party represents those core beliefs. What the Tea Party types need to go further is a charismatic spokesman (a Reagan type) who embraces these ideals & can effectively communicate with people. There are too many RINOs in the party now who have undercut the conservative message & are no different than the Democrats.

Another Reagan type? Really? That's what you want?
A guy who took the debt from 26.2% of GDP to 40.9% of GDP in eight years??????

You're losing me partner.

Don't focus on the debt. Focus on what he's saying. He's saying Reagan purged the party. That's total bs. Remember "big tent." The TPM is based on a fantasy of what America once was, fueled by a fear of demographics, and held together with a few strands of reality, like we have too much debt, and sold as if they are the only ones who truly believe what the vast majority agrees with.

Forum List

Back