Debate #1 -- Clinton v Trump --- 2016 -- OFFICIAL THREAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A private investigation should be conducted to look into the activities in all Lester Holts financials and accounts once named to the debate process. Chances are he got a handsome payout from the Clinton Foundation and coordinated signals with HRC ever time she touched her face with her index finger to signal to Holt to hold the topic and destroy Trump.

This is why we need the STFU button in here.
What we need is a "Nonsense!" button.

That is nonsense.

No, no!
"That is nonsense!"

And it wouldn't be a presidential debate without bringing up George Dubya. I have to laugh my ass off that Hitlery blamed Bush for the 2011 pull out of Iraq. Like Obummer or her couldn't do anything else. Nope George said so, so we must. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
Well it's the same thing as NAFTA. Isn't it interesting while Trump is blaming Clinton for NAFTA, more Republicans signed NAFTA than Democrats. Did you know that? It was the GOP's baby! HW invented the fucking idea. So republican dummies cheer when Trump says Clinton signed NAFTA, the worst fucking trade deal in the history of the world Trump says. Yet you can't seem to understand that was the Republicans who pushed NAFTA. You righties need to stop denying the truth. So why aren't you going to punish Republicans for voting for NAFTA?

Same thing with global warming. Finally the GOP nominee is willing to admit global warming isn't really a hoax created by the Chinese. Trump was a crazy but he is no longer a crazy global warming denier nut.
global warming is a hoax. not sure he wanted to get into more two on one. But hey, let's let two moderators run the next one and each party provides a person and stop this bias shit that we witnessed Monday night.

Nafta was a republican initiative and sponsored by Billy boy. he signed it. can't rewrite history. She wanted TPP and you can't rewrite history. kapeesh?
Are you trying to ignore HW bush ceremoniously signed NAFTA with the Mexican and Canadian president just before he lost re election?

So then it's a fact NAFTA would have happened if bush was re elected. And more Republicans in the Senate and house signed NAFTA than did Democrats.

And in retrospect, free trade with the rest of the world was inevitable. You Republicans are ridiculous. You are pandering to the millions of white trash that can't do college or start their own business. Trumps not bringing back union wages.

Clinton signed NAFTA, Clinton campaigned on NAFTA.

I just listened to a man running for president who:

-defended why he was sued by the Justice Department for not giving housing to African-Americans in the 1970's by saying "everyone else was doing it"
-defended calling some women pigs and slobs
-defended hoping for a recession in 2006/7, because it was "good for business"
-defended singling out President Obama on his birth certificate
-was confused about nuclear weapons and alliances
-refused to release his tax returns, and was proud about using loopholes that only help the wealthy, calling himself "smart" for not paying any taxes
-defended not paying people for their work
-said we're in a 3rd-world-country because he can't land his private jet at every airport
-called for a law ruled unconstitutional to go nationwide
-said it was a good thing for Russia to hack us
-doesn't think blowing up people from other countries (because they were rude) would start a war
-was supremely obnoxious
...and so much more, while only offering the old "trickle down" policies to help us, and thought repeating certain words made him look tough when he looked panicky.

Trump cannot become President.

A private investigation should be conducted to look into the activities in all Lester Holts financials and accounts once named to the debate process. Chances are he got a handsome payout from the Clinton Foundation and coordinated signals with HRC ever time she touched her face with her index finger to signal to Holt to hold the topic and destroy Trump.
Chances are you're making this silly shit up as you go along and can't back any of it.

But then, among Trump supporters emotion is generally equated with evidence. So your 'feelings' would be evidence to you.

They just wouldn't be evidence to a rational person.

And it wouldn't be a presidential debate without bringing up George Dubya. I have to laugh my ass off that Hitlery blamed Bush for the 2011 pull out of Iraq. Like Obummer or her couldn't do anything else. Nope George said so, so we must. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
Well it's the same thing as NAFTA. Isn't it interesting while Trump is blaming Clinton for NAFTA, more Republicans signed NAFTA than Democrats. Did you know that? It was the GOP's baby! HW invented the fucking idea. So republican dummies cheer when Trump says Clinton signed NAFTA, the worst fucking trade deal in the history of the world Trump says. Yet you can't seem to understand that was the Republicans who pushed NAFTA. You righties need to stop denying the truth. So why aren't you going to punish Republicans for voting for NAFTA?

Same thing with global warming. Finally the GOP nominee is willing to admit global warming isn't really a hoax created by the Chinese. Trump was a crazy but he is no longer a crazy global warming denier nut.
global warming is a hoax. not sure he wanted to get into more two on one. But hey, let's let two moderators run the next one and each party provides a person and stop this bias shit that we witnessed Monday night.

Nafta was a republican initiative and sponsored by Billy boy. he signed it. can't rewrite history. She wanted TPP and you can't rewrite history. kapeesh?
Are you trying to ignore HW bush ceremoniously signed NAFTA with the Mexican and Canadian president just before he lost re election?

So then it's a fact NAFTA would have happened if bush was re elected. And more Republicans in the Senate and house signed NAFTA than did Democrats.

And in retrospect, free trade with the rest of the world was inevitable. You Republicans are ridiculous. You are pandering to the millions of white trash that can't do college or start their own business. Trumps not bringing back union wages.

Was bush or the GOP against NAFTA?

NAFTA is supported by Hillary, not Trump, the Democrats love NAFTA, you have stated you are for NAFTA. I am against NAFTA, always have been.

NAFTA is supported by Hillary, not Trump, the Democrats love NAFTA, you have stated you are for NAFTA. I am against NAFTA, always have been.
It's not that simple.

Am I against trade? No. Am I against unfair trade deals? Yes.

So you are an isolationist? That's ridiculous.

You sound like a Republican who's against regulations. They don't realize there are good and bad regulations. They're just against all regulations because their party told them regulations are bad.

It's not that simple.

You sound like a Republican who's against regulations. They don't realize there are good and bad regulations. They're just against all regulations because their party told them regulations are bad.

Well, it all depends on your definition of regulation, and there's much equivocation on both sides. When libertarians and some Republicans are complaining about "regulations" we're usually talking about laws that don't protect liberty but, instead, enforce conformity for the convenience of the majority.

Let's take an example: Truth in Advertising laws might, depending on how you define the term, be considered 'regulation'. But these laws play a legitimate role in protecting people from fraud and deceit. A law like ACA, however, isn't protecting anyone's rights - it's merely enforcing the majority's conviction that corporate insurance is the best way to pay for health care.

Environmental regulation is another area of law where regulations make sense. The government has a responsibility to protect the commons. Outside the fantasies of anarcho-capitalists, not everything in the world can be treated as private property and government is needed to protect public property from abuse by private interests.

There will always be grey areas, laws that might be argued as a protection of rights, but in implementation are simply manipulating behavior for some other benefit. The important thing, in my view, isn't preventing every possible abuse (it can't be done) but clearly identifying the purpose of laws in the first place. And that is usually what's really being debated in arguments about regulation. Is the purpose of the law to protect our rights, or to enforce conformity in the name of other goals?

It's not that simple.

In another thread you stated you were for NAFTA. Not free trade deals, NAFTA. I never said I was against all trade, I said I'm against NAFTA.

I never said I was against regulations, you keep trying to assign me to positions I'm not.

Last edited:

-defended why he was sued by the Justice Department for not giving housing to African-Americans in the 1970's by saying "everyone else was doing it"
-refused to release his tax returns, and was proud about using loopholes that only help the wealthy, calling himself "smart" for not paying any taxes
-said we're in a 3rd-world-country because he can't land his private jet at every airport
-doesn't think blowing up people from other countries (because they were rude) would start a war
-was supremely obnoxious
...and so much more, while only offering the old "trickle down" policies to help us, and thought repeating certain words made him look tough when he looked panicky.

And the other candidate murdered four Americans and hid it by deleting 33k emails.

It's not that simple.

In another thread you stated you were for NAFTA. Not free trade deals, NAFTA. I never said I was against all trade, I said I'm against NAFTA.

I never said I was against regulations, you keep trying to assign me to positions I'm not.
Why are you against NAFTA?

-was supremely obnoxious

And the other candidate murdered four Americans and hid it by deleting 33k emails.
Bullshit. Let me see your last 33,000 emails. I bet I can find some embarrassing stuff. Funny you want her to be that transparent but I don't see us combing through Trumps emails or his tax returns.

It's not that simple.

And I was against NAFTA and was mad at Bill Clinton for going along with the Republicans and signing it. But don't expect me to vote GOP just because occasionally the Democrats go along with the GOP. Do you get that? I'm mad at Bill Clinton for doing what a Republican would do. So what do you want me to do? Vote Republican? A Republican will always go along with the Republicans. So I'm better off with a Clinton. A corporate Democrat.

How many months of straight job growth? And?

US Consumer Confidence Rises - And Confidence Is The Bedrock Of Economic Growth

I don't think things are as bad as Republicans say. And I remember when things were bad, the GOP said things weren't bad. So I think we should stick with the Democrats despite all the doom and gloom the GOP predict. They're always going to do that when they aren't in power.

It's not that simple.

It gave Mexico an unfair advantage. They had far fewer environmental restrictions, far lower wages. We can't compete and that was the start of jobs leaving the US.

It's not that simple.

When Ronald Reagan came into office, as the result of 190 years of Hamilton’s plan, the United States was the world’s largest importer of raw materials; the world’s largest exporter of finished, manufactured goods; and the world’s largest creditor.

After 34 years of Reaganomics, we’ve completely flipped this upside down. We’ve become the world’s largest exporter of raw materials, the world’s largest importer of finished goods, and the world’s largest debtor. We now export raw materials to China, and buy from them manufactured goods. And we borrow from them to do it. Our trade debt right now stands at over $11 trillion, and it’s the principle reason why one-seventh of all assets in the United States are foreign-owned.

Picking Apart One of the Biggest Lies in American Politics: 'Free Trade'

I have to admit, I am flip flopping a bit on free trade. I think the American people might have to take a little step back for the rest of the world to take a step up. We need to bring countries like Mexico and India standard of living up to ours and Canada's and Australia's and Europes.

It's not that simple.

And I was against NAFTA and was mad at Bill Clinton for going along with the Republicans and signing it. But don't expect me to vote GOP just because occasionally the Democrats go along with the GOP. Do you get that? I'm mad at Bill Clinton for doing what a Republican would do. So what do you want me to do? Vote Republican? A Republican will always go along with the Republicans. So I'm better off with a Clinton. A corporate Democrat.

How many months of straight job growth? And?

US Consumer Confidence Rises - And Confidence Is The Bedrock Of Economic Growth

I don't think things are as bad as Republicans say. And I remember when things were bad, the GOP said things weren't bad. So I think we should stick with the Democrats despite all the doom and gloom the GOP predict. They're always going to do that when they aren't in power.

In 2001 Bush inherited a mess and the Democrats claimed it wasn't bad. Less than six weeks after Bush was sworn in, there was a recession. Please spare me the partisan BS.

It's not that simple.

When Ronald Reagan came into office, as the result of 190 years of Hamilton’s plan, the United States was the world’s largest importer of raw materials; the world’s largest exporter of finished, manufactured goods; and the world’s largest creditor.

After 34 years of Reaganomics, we’ve completely flipped this upside down. We’ve become the world’s largest exporter of raw materials, the world’s largest importer of finished goods, and the world’s largest debtor. We now export raw materials to China, and buy from them manufactured goods. And we borrow from them to do it. Our trade debt right now stands at over $11 trillion, and it’s the principle reason why one-seventh of all assets in the United States are foreign-owned.

Picking Apart One of the Biggest Lies in American Politics: 'Free Trade'

I have to admit, I am flip flopping a bit on free trade. I think the American people might have to take a little step back for the rest of the world to take a step up. We need to bring countries like Mexico and India standard of living up to ours and Canada's and Australia's and Europes.

The deficits grew after NAFTA, it had nothing to do with Reganomics.

I don't hate both candidates, I dislike both. I don't care about keeping things even. The lies of Clinton are well documented, her words are meaningless, she is untrustworthy because she is. I don't give a damn how she is rated for one night, I am rating her on her lifetime performance, blame her, not me.

I didn't claim you hate either one. I'm saying there are clear differences between the two of them and they are not equal.
I don't trust either to be the President. Pretty clear. I didn't know they were running for anything else. The only reason I'd vote for one of them is the Supreme Court selection.

Who said they are running for anything else? I don't ever trust politicians, not even 3rd party candidates. That being said one can think on her feet and the other one brought a whoopie cushion to a gun fight.

That is your opinion and I am glad you have one and I respect it. I won't vote for either, neither have convinced me I should vote for them. That is all that mattered to me out of the debate. The rest is BS.
. Gonna give it to the libs eh ? Ok then... Good luck with all the hell that will continue right on in this nation afterwards. She is vulnerable to way worse than what a Trump can dish out on her in these debates. She has some evil handlers awaiting her in the wings, and they are just waiting for her to gain access to that office so they can gain access to that office. She blanketly accuses the rich as if they are ALL crooks who don't pay their so called fair share right ? So what then maybe, she is all of a sudden gonna be the bad ace who will fix them good finally ? She don't like people blanketing people or labeling people, but she loves to do it when she isn't accusing someone else of allegingly doing it for the purpose of playing politics.

I love this. Give it to the libs? I just had someone telling me that not voting for Trump or Clinton is giving it to Trump.

Partisans always seem to think not voting for their favored candidate is somehow a vote for the main opposition.

It's not that simple.

Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back