🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Debt Ceiling Increase or Spending Cuts First?

What should be done first?

• Spending cuts first, debt ceiling later

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • Debt ceiling first, spending cuts later

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If the debt ceiling is not raised, the government is faced with a situation where it MUST break the law,

one way or another.

1. It can either break the law by not funding the mandatory spending that is legally required to be funded, or,

2. it can break the law by somehow ignoring the debt ceiling limit.

Those are the choices.

Clean funding CR and debt increase until December 2014.

Then begin negotiations on reductions.

Templar majored in economics?

I major in reality, not fantasy. Attacking me only speaks to the weaknesses of both your arguments.

It was not an attack (are you whining?..and in public too :eek:), it was a question. You're 24ish I believe (just about graduation age) and unemployed so it was a very valid question. I apologize if economics was not your course of study and if that, for some reason, offends you.

I graduated High School when I was 18 you freaking dumbass. I am 26 years of age. And since I have no stomach for liberal academia, I chose to self educate. I am a firm believer in autodidactism, or self teaching. Do not make any more assumptions about me, Seabitch.

Just a reminder, most defense spending is discretionary, not mandatory. In order to stay under the current debt ceiling limit without illegally cutting mandatory spending,

the government would have to defund almost all of the military.

When the spending cuts have taken place, then we can talk about the debt ceiling.

They have.

FundingLevelCharticle-11.png

quit making promises to pay for things

that the government does not have the money for

every spending bill needs to have a legit funding source

or it dies on the floor

I major in reality, not fantasy. Attacking me only speaks to the weaknesses of both your arguments.

It was not an attack (are you whining?..and in public too :eek:), it was a question. You're 24ish I believe (just about graduation age) and unemployed so it was a very valid question. I apologize if economics was not your course of study and if that, for some reason, offends you.

I graduated High School when I was 18 you freaking dumbass. I am 26 years of age. And since I have no stomach for liberal academia, I chose to self educate. I am a firm believer in autodidactism, or self teaching. Do not make any more assumptions about me, Seabitch.

Now see...I didn't call you any names or cast aspersions of any kind and yet you came back with the, oh so original, "seabitch". I'm cut to the quick, truly.

Good luck with the job search. Just remember...the Army is always hiring. You at least have a HS diploma or GED I assume?

Last edited:

Now see...I didn't call you any names or cast aspersions of any kind and yet you came back with the, oh so original, "seabitch". I'm cut to the quick, truly.

Good luck with the job search. Just remember...the Army is always hiring. You at least have a HS diploma or GED I assume?

You are launching queries into my personal life that I will not answer to. Debate my argument or not.

They have.

FundingLevelCharticle-11.png

HA! You're citing think progress??

Wahahahah!

Read the small print. "Sources: OMB, Senate Appropriations, House Budget, House Appropriations", etc.

Harry Reid Compromised On Shutdown Negotiation, House Republican Acknowledges

From 2010 and 2011. Sorry, that's outdated information buddy. And by the way, just look at the source of that image:

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/FundingLevelCharticle-11.png

Last edited:

Can you not read?

The dummy thinks you thought he graduated HS at 24. Is he something else, or what?

The Army! Why didn't HE think of that. He can get a ceremonial saber and everything!

Self teaching? In his case, that presents a crucial personnel problem.

Last edited:

You are launching queries into my personal life that I will not answer to. Debate my argument or not.

I have been debating your thread and I didn't even ask YOU the question, I asked LL.

Come on out to CA TK...I'll hire ya. It would only be seasonal, but it pays $15-17 an hour. I'll even let you squat on my land while you're here. I need people from end of April through June and again end of Sep through Nov. Come on, you can help the process of Democracy! (how fast can you type?)

Forum List

Back