Deception in the Land

I've got news for you, Chuck! Jesus said, If you love me? You'll keep my commandments! Look it up!

In the meantime, your sloppy grace message is wearing thin under the closer examination of scripture and I did notice that you had no response to my pointing out the part about the blood you left out. The part about "obedience"? Let's have another look at that one.......here it is!

Again, we are kept by Jesus in the New Testament because salvation is a gift.

"the keeping (ones);" it is used of the "keeping" power of God the Father and Christ, exercised over His people,

Blue Letter Bible - Lexicon

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

John 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

John 17:15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

Jesus is the perfect law keeper and He kept the law for us.

I have read AND listened to this...

My eyes convinced, eclipsed with the younger moon attained with love.
It changed as almost strained amidst clear manna from above.
I crucified my hate and held the word within my hand.
There's you, the time, the logic, or the reasons we don't understand.

This is the mantra of MY life. Don't you dare tread upon it.

Use the Google, listen to those words put to the music of a living breathing human being.

That is my heartbeat, and it will be my song in MY afterlife.

I just posted the link and the message I wrote myself - it isn't Boldea's. Therein it is impossible that you have read & listened to it, Mr. H.

PROVERBS 18:13 He that answereth a matter before he heareth [it], it [is] folly and shame unto him.

I'm an adult Christian. I have shunned movies, t.v. and free time to listen to God and to study the scriptures and I don't have to read every counterfeit book to know if it is true or not because I've already been given the truth in Church, many Christian teachers, and God's word, I've already heard the untruths that you have spoken and God's radar detector works pretty well.

Hebrews 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

My senses are exercised to discern both good and evil.

You're a woman and aren't allowed to teach or exercise authority over me.

1 Timpthy 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

I am a woman who has no authority to tell you that you are a false teacher? Your arrogance knows no bounds, Chuck. Truly. Your pride is going to be your downfall yet.

- Jeri
NOTE THIS***

The teaching of resurrection power says that the body that dies is the body that is raised. If I am seated in heavenly places with Christ Jesus through the crucifixion of my own flesh to this world then Galatians 3: 28 is most definitely speaking of me. What does it say? It is written: There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. Furthermore, Chuck, I do not even have television in my home. NOTHING. So do not tell me about what you have sacrificed. You need to put YOURSELF on that altar. Not a television show or two. Your pride is repelling. If it were not the truth I could not say it. Yet I do, because it is. You are full of pride. God resists the proud but giveth grace to the humble. A prostitute or a drug addict would make it to heaven before you. In a heartbeat. Repent.

Last edited:
Jeri,

Look up grace in a dictionary.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

1.grace1.that which affords joy, pleasure, delight, sweetness, charm, loveliness: grace of speech

2.good will, loving-kindness, favour1.of the merciful kindness by which God, exerting his holy influence upon souls, turns them to Christ, keeps, strengthens, increases them in Christian faith, knowledge, affection, and kindles them to the exercise of the Christian virtues

3.what is due to grace1.the spiritual condition of one governed by the power of divine grace
2.the token or proof of grace, benefit1.a gift of grace
2.benefit, bounty

4.thanks, (for benefits, services, favours), recompense, reward

You are using the word "grace" and mixing it with works so you are doing a bait and switch.

Salvation is a gift and God is not going to take it away because the gifts and calling are without repentance which means God isn't going to change His mind:

Romans 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

You have misspoken. You haven't followed the Bible.

http://www.blbclassic.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G5485&t=KJV

I've got news for you, Chuck! Jesus said, If you love me? You'll keep my commandments! Look it up!

In the meantime, your sloppy grace message is wearing thin under the closer examination of scripture and I did notice that you had no response to my pointing out the part about the blood you left out. The part about "obedience"? Let's have another look at that one.......here it is!

Again, we are kept by Jesus in the New Testament because salvation is a gift.

"the keeping (ones);" it is used of the "keeping" power of God the Father and Christ, exercised over His people,

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

John 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

John 17:15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

Jesus is the perfect law keeper and He kept the law for us.

WRONG AGAIN, CHUCK! Jesus said, If you love me, keep my commandments. Jesus never said he would keep the commandments "for you"...

Jesus said, YOU KEEP THEM!

He already kept them, He came to earth as a man, learned obedience by the things he suffered and kept the commandments. Now it is your turn. Before believing upon Him and the Work of the Cross it was impossible to keep the commandments.. Afterwards? It is not only possible. YOU MUST!

To him who overcomes the same shall be saved - it is written, Chuck! Jesus said so. Believe Him. Not your own opinion.

Everyone has an opinon on what they believe. Here is the truth, Chuck. It does not matter what you believe. It does not matter what your opinion is. Your opinion on the word of God matters Zip, Zilch, NADA. The bible is the truth. The bible is what God says and the only opinion that matters? Is God's. So do what He says and you will have what He promised. Otherwise? The deal is off. - Jeri

Last edited:
The Grace of God was given to us so that we would be able to do what the Word says, to obey him. The Grace of God is not a license to sin. There is a reason the Word says, Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. What is the reason? You have to overcome. You have to finish this race. You cannot stop mid way, drop out, drop off, it doesn't work that way. You must overcome. That takes your participation. Crucify your flesh and walk in the spirit. That is what is required of you. Walk in the spirit and you won't fulfill the lusts of the flesh.

It is written:

Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. - Galatians 5:22

Now let's flip this around for those who do not understand what Jesus is getting at here.......

Those who do not belong to Christ Jesus have not crucified their sinful nature with its passions and desires.

It is written:

Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee. - Revelation 3: 3

That is Jesus warning the Church at Sardis which was one of two churches to gain a good report! Yet even that church was warned for members who were not going to make it into heaven if they didn't repent!

Compared to these ones:

It is written:

Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments and they shall walk with me in white, for they are worthy
- Revelation 3: 4

Ut-oh! If these FEW ones are being called worthy by Jesus guess what the other ones are being called? UNWORTHY! Let's see the outcome of that!

It is written:

He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment, AND I WILL NOT BLOT OUT HIS NAME OUT OF THE BOOK OF LIFE, BUT I WILL CONFESS HIS NAME BEFORE MY FATHER, AND BEFORE HIS ANGELS.

OH! OH! What does this mean???? It means, people, that Jesus is going to most certainly blot out names from the Lambs Book of Life - because they DID NOT OVERCOME.

Some of the church has their head laying in the lap of the world as Samson laid his head in Delilah's lap and when they finally wake up they will realize they have no power. The good news for Samson is that although they took his eyes out and he went into captivity - he did repent and God forgave him. The problem for the church today is that if they do not repent and Jesus shows up like a thief in the night? They will be shut out of heaven for all eternity. That is the worst of the news. The other news is they will be in hell with the unbelievers.

So there you have it. Believe Chuck the bible scholar who only believes the parts of the bible he likes or believe Jesus Christ who is the Word of God and warns you in Matthew 24 about false teachers no less than 5 times in that one teaching and also says , If you love him? You will keep his commandments. And if you don't? You will hear depart from me ye worker of iniquity, I never knew you. The choice as always is up to the individual. As for me, I will obey the words of Christ. I would advise everyone to believe what the bible says and not what some man says. That is using wisdom!

- Jeri

Last edited:
You're the only gospel people are going to read. You need to understand grace.

The door to grace is closing, Chuck. If you are found on the outside of it once it closes it will be too late for you. ....... God is Love. 1 John 4:8 I have quoted the scripture many time. But God is Holy .......without Holiness no one will see the Lord Hebrews 12: 14 God is Righteous, God is a Judge, God is angry with the wicked every day - all of these are attributes of God - God is an all consuming fire.....you have selectively chosen grace and thrown out the rest of the bible therein teaching utter heresy. I have witnessed your teaching that preachers living in unrepented sin, worship leaders living with their boyfriends in sin, all these people are going to heaven if they die in their sins according to your lies..... Jesus said if you deny me before men I will deny you before the Father.....but according to you - Jesus will not deny anyone - he is swinging the door wide open to anyone and everyone who sins and does their own thing so long as they said a little prayer at the altar once upon a time....... sorry, Chuck. It doesn't work that way. Jesus is not rapturing you and your followers at the first hint of trouble, Chuck. Jesus said, Those that endure until the END the same shall be saved. You have to FINISH THIS RACE, Chuck. Understand?

There is always Grace, Jeri. I even see God's examples of grace during the wrath and tribulation in the Bible.

Repentance is not something you can make men do, Jeri. It is a gift of grace to men:

2 Tmothy 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

I read the Bible because God is first and I don't listen to a lot of modern day preachers like Michael Boldea because God's word comes first. My faith is not the Bible plus Michael Boldea. You're promoting a man and that is all he is. I listen to God because false teachers will come in the last days. Michael Boldea is a false teacher.

Wrong again. Jesus told man to strive to enter into the strait gate for many would try to enter in and not be able to, Chuck. As a bible scholar you ought to know the word in that verse strive - meant - "TO AGONIZE"... Jesus is literally saying - this is so important that you not miss it that you should get to the point of agonizing over entering in rather than to miss it. You need to wake up, Chuck. You also need to repent for accusing Michael Boldea and his grandfather of being false teachers. Before God has to judge you over it. Very wicked of you to accuse godly men in order to excuse yourself of your false teachings on this board.

I just posted the link and the message I wrote myself - it isn't Boldea's. Therein it is impossible that you have read & listened to it, Mr. H.

PROVERBS 18:13 He that answereth a matter before he heareth [it], it [is] folly and shame unto him.

I'm an adult Christian. I have shunned movies, t.v. and free time to listen to God and to study the scriptures and I don't have to read every counterfeit book to know if it is true or not because I've already been given the truth in Church, many Christian teachers, and God's word, I've already heard the untruths that you have spoken and God's radar detector works pretty well.

Hebrews 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

1 Timpthy 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

I am a woman who has no authority to tell you that you are a false teacher? Your arrogance knows no bounds, Chuck. Truly. Your pride is going to be your downfall yet.

- Jeri
NOTE THIS***

The teaching of resurrection power says that the body that dies is the body that is raised. If I am seated in heavenly places with Christ Jesus through the crucifixion of my own flesh to this world then Galatians 3: 28 is most definitely speaking of me. What does it say? It is written: There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. Furthermore, Chuck, I do not even have television in my home. NOTHING. So do not tell me about what you have sacrificed. You need to put YOURSELF on that altar. Not a television show or two. Your pride is repelling. If it were not the truth I could not say it. Yet I do, because it is. You are full of pride. God resists the proud but giveth grace to the humble. A prostitute or a drug addict would make it to heaven before you. In a heartbeat. Repent.

"Paul, therefore, says, 'I do not permit a woman to be a teacher." The context here has to do with church order, and the position of the man and woman in the church worship and work. The kind of teacher Paul has in mind is spoken of in Acts 13:1, I Corinthians 12:28, 29, and Ephesians 4:11, God-called, and God-equipped teachers, recognized by the Church as those having authority in the Church in matters of doctrine and interpretation. This prohibition of a woman to be a teacher, does not include the teaching of classes of women, girls, or children in a Sunday School, for instance, but does prohibit the woman from being a pastor, or a doctrine teacher in a school. It would not be seemly, either for a woman to teach a mixed class of adults."
-p.48, 49, Word Studies in the Greek New Testament, Volume II, by Dr. Kenneth Wuest, one of the NASB Bible translators.

"Jesus' choice of an allmale apostolate affirmed the creation order as presented in Genesis 2:18-25. Luke informs us that before choosing the Twelve Jesus spent the entire night in prayer with His Father (Luke 6:12). As the perfect Son, in complete obedience and submission to His Father's will, Jesus chose twelve males to be His apostles. These men were God the Father's choice. Jesus' choice of male apostles was based on divine principles and guidance, not local custom or traditions."
-Location 217 of 664 - 32%, "Biblical Eldership: An Urgent Call to Restore Biblical Church Leadership", by Alexander Strauch, Kindle Book

"Just as Paul teaches male headship in the family, he teaches male headship in the local church (1 Tim. 2:8, 3:7). Because the family is the basic social unit and the man is the established family authority, we should expect that men would become the elders of the larger church family. Consider Paul's instructions in 1 Timothy 2:12: "But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man." In the same way that every individual family is governed by certain standards of conduct, so the local church family is governed by certain principles of conduct and social arrangement. The letter of 1 Timothy specifically addresses the issue of proper order and behavior of men, women, and elders in the local church family. To his representative in Ephesus, Paul writes, "I am writing these things to you, hoping to come to you before long; but in case I am delayed, I write so that you may know how one ought to conduct himself in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth" (1 Tim. 3:14, 15; italics added).

Location 244 of 664, 36%., "Biblical Eldership: An Urgent Call to Restore Biblical Church Leadership", by Alexander Strauch, Kindle Book

Jeri,

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

1.grace1.that which affords joy, pleasure, delight, sweetness, charm, loveliness: grace of speech

2.good will, loving-kindness, favour1.of the merciful kindness by which God, exerting his holy influence upon souls, turns them to Christ, keeps, strengthens, increases them in Christian faith, knowledge, affection, and kindles them to the exercise of the Christian virtues

3.what is due to grace1.the spiritual condition of one governed by the power of divine grace
2.benefit, bounty

You are using the word "grace" and mixing it with works so you are doing a bait and switch.

Salvation is a gift and God is not going to take it away because the gifts and calling are without repentance which means God isn't going to change His mind:

Chuck, you must have a serious aversion to obeying God to deny the Words of Jesus. He has told you very clearly that if you are a worker of iniquity? It won't matter if you call him Lord over and over again.......he will still have the same reply for you. Depart from me. I've given you the warning, that is all I am responsible for - you do with it what you wish but don't decieve yourself, Chuck. It is you that is not following the word of God and I would strongly suggest others take note of that fact and not listen to a word you say.

- Jeri
NOTE THIS***

-p.48, 49, Word Studies in the Greek New Testament, Volume II, by Dr. Kenneth Wuest, one of the NASB Bible translators.

"Jesus' choice of an allmale apostolate affirmed the creation order as presented in Genesis 2:18-25. Luke informs us that before choosing the Twelve Jesus spent the entire night in prayer with His Father (Luke 6:12). As the perfect Son, in complete obedience and submission to His Father's will, Jesus chose twelve males to be His apostles. These men were God the Father's choice. Jesus' choice of male apostles was based on divine principles and guidance, not local custom or traditions."
-Location 217 of 664 - 32%, "Biblical Eldership: An Urgent Call to Restore Biblical Church Leadership", by Alexander Strauch, Kindle Book

"Just as Paul teaches male headship in the family, he teaches male headship in the local church (1 Tim. 2:8, 3:7). Because the family is the basic social unit and the man is the established family authority, we should expect that men would become the elders of the larger church family. Consider Paul's instructions in 1 Timothy 2:12: "But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man." In the same way that every individual family is governed by certain standards of conduct, so the local church family is governed by certain principles of conduct and social arrangement. The letter of 1 Timothy specifically addresses the issue of proper order and behavior of men, women, and elders in the local church family. To his representative in Ephesus, Paul writes, "I am writing these things to you, hoping to come to you before long; but in case I am delayed, I write so that you may know how one ought to conduct himself in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth" (1 Tim. 3:14, 15; italics added).

Location 244 of 664, 36%., "Biblical Eldership: An Urgent Call to Restore Biblical Church Leadership", by Alexander Strauch, Kindle Book

I'm not in the pulpit of a church, Chuck. I am on a message board. So are you. Your claim that I am not permitted to teach about Jesus on a message board is ridiculous. There are young men preaching today who were my Sunday School students 24 years ago. Did you have a woman for a Sunday School teacher? I'll bet you did. Guess what? She was teaching you, Chuck. Yes. A woman taught you about Jesus.

- Jeri

I'm not in the pulpit of a church, Chuck. I am on a message board. So are you. Your claim that I am not permitted to teach about Jesus on a message board is ridiculous. There are young men preaching today who were my Sunday School students 24 years ago. Did you have a woman for a Sunday School teacher? I'll bet you did. Guess what? She was teaching you, Chuck. Yes. A woman taught you about Jesus.

- Jeri

You're only allowed to teach children or people if no male Christian is present. You aren't allowed to teach men if a Christian male is present.

Jeri,

2.benefit, bounty

Chuck, you must have a serious aversion to obeying God to deny the Words of Jesus. He has told you very clearly that if you are a worker of iniquity? It won't matter if you call him Lord over and over again.......he will still have the same reply for you. Depart from me. I've given you the warning, that is all I am responsible for - you do with it what you wish but don't decieve yourself, Chuck. It is you that is not following the word of God and I would strongly suggest others take note of that fact and not listen to a word you say.

Jeri do your homework.

Matthew 7:22 "Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?'

What day? White Throne Judgment Day? Who is Christ talking to? Christians? Those who accepted Christ's gift of salvation? Not hardly. Believers received their rewards and had been ruling and reigning with Christ for 1,000 years before Christ holds court for those who felt His blood sacrifice was unnecessary.
The ones who cried Lord Lord, are the ones that worked for self, using Christ's M.O. They did tricks in His name, not for His sake.

Faithful minister Chuck, righteous through the blood of his Redeemer, Chuck, who is told not to judge, therefore does not attack his brethren, will be standing safely behind Christ, not in front of Him at the WTJ.
Those who are full of self and condemnation along with the other Pharisees, and those who used Christ's methods successfully yet never bothered to know Jesus or accept His gift, along with those who relied on their own purity, will indeed be on the docket on that day in front of Christ.

Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. - Rom 3:19-20.

Lay self obedience next to Chuck's heart and let's weigh him in the balance:

Obedience=
What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet. But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence.
For without the Law sin was dead. For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died. - Rom 7:7-9
^ No Chuck there......

And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death. For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me. - Rom 7:10-11
^ No Chuck there......

Grace =
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. - Eph 2:8-9
^ And there is Chuck!

Chuck is described in Matthew:
"A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things"
^ Way to go, Chuck!

Jeri, If you are speaking through the Holy Spirit we should be able recognize these attributes of His in your posts:

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance.....

Condemnation on the other hand isn't one of His attributes, so that must be coming from someone else. That often happens when we look to self performance rather than keeping our eyes stayed on Christ's performance.

You do no one here a favor by insisting that our works are sufficient, and Christ's was not. And those who can't resist the sin of judgment of others, will be judged according to the harshness they used to judge their neighbors.
You just told people here not to listen to Chuck's message of the cross. I hope the whole world listens.

Chuck's message leads us, to Christ, in Christ, through Christ, by Christ, for Christ. I hope everyone hears him loud and clear.

With the Law comes condemnation. We can clearly see that! I would be careful attempting to condemn someone Christ died to keep from condemnation. :eek:

Last edited:
Jeremiah... Chuck... You two are the classic example of why I can't take the Bible seriously. You each reference your Bible, and you feed each other contradictory verses, you hold totally different beliefs from your Bible, and you expose your Bible for what it really is, but still yet remain blind to the truth. The truth is that the Bible is not the word of God, it doesn't get you to God, it doesn't get you to heaven, it isn't meant to be taken literally. It must be taken with a grain of salt, it is vague and complicated. It is nothing more than a compilation of writings from superstitious human beings well over two thousand years ago. It is not prophetic, it is not REAL.

Jeremiah... Chuck... You two are the classic example of why I can't take the Bible seriously. You each reference your Bible, and you feed each other contradictory verses, you hold totally different beliefs from your Bible, and you expose your Bible for what it really is, but still yet remain blind to the truth. The truth is that the Bible is not the word of God, it doesn't get you to God, it doesn't get you to heaven, it isn't meant to be taken literally. It must be taken with a grain of salt, it is vague and complicated. It is nothing more than a compilation of writings from superstitious human beings well over two thousand years ago. It is not prophetic, it is not REAL.

Correlation doesn't prove causation. The fact that you can't take the Bible seriously doesn't mean that other people can't. Because you don't read it for yourself and come to an opinion doesn't mean that I can't come to a conclusion or have a belief about it.

uhkilleez. Anyone can post a verse and then mold it to suit their conviction. Therefore your best defense is to know the Bible well enough to recognize the theme that comes together throughout the Book.

And the message throughout is that Christ died for our sins. It is complete, finished and available as a gift to anyone that asks. What you won't find is anyway other than Christ to achieve atonement. If you know the Bible and hear something that contradicts that message, run from it.
Throughout the New Testament you will read over and over, that our own works are as filthy rags compared to the pristine work of Christ. Salvation has nothing to do with us and everything to do with Jesus. He left us with 2 rules to follow. Love God, Love your neighbor. In doing so, your part is fulfilled.

Last edited:

The bible is clear we must contend for the faith which means as a follower of Jesus Christ I am to expose false teachings as false and speak the truth presenting scripture as my defense. I've done that and therein cannot help that there is a contradiction to what Chuck "believes" vs. what the bible actually says. We are to go by Gods Word, not mans opinion. But on the matter of your excuse as to this is why you cannot believe. I do not believe you are telling the truth, Alfalfa. Here's why. Your decision to not obey the Word of God is due to your own rebellion and desire to do your own thing. So long as you desire to do your own thing you'll look for something else to blame it upon because you are refusing to take accountability for your own rebellion on all fronts. And when the truth is brought to light you will just use another excuse to hide under - because the truth is - you do not desire truth.

Not everyone who discusses biblical subjects does so out of pure motives. There are even bible teachers whose motives are purely selfish and although this is most grevious to God it is nevertheless the truth. Not everyone who preaches Jesus Christ does it to win souls. The bible tells us this and that is why we should point out the truth and then move on. Thanks fro reading. - Jeri

Last edited:
The question I would like for people here to ask themselves - is this: to all those who oppose the message of Jesus Christ to keep his commandments ( if we love him ) to be holy ( as he says be holy as I am holy ) to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ ( instead of spending all their time arguing over whether obeying God is law or grace ) and to repent of their sins ( because if we repent of our sins he is faithful to forgive us - repentance means to turn away from - to change our mind - head in a new direction ) is this: If you do not want to obey God then why are you a Christian? You see, according to the Word of God when Jesus told his followers what was required, many of them turned back and followed him no more. Because once he gave them the truth it was too much for them. They didn't want to lay down their lives and obey God... So my suggestion is if you don't want to follow him then don't but for the love of God stop trying to prevent those who do wish to know the truth from getting it! Thank you! Please! For the sake of the Gospel I am asking you both to not bring these foolish arguements up any longer. They are wasting valuable time. Thank you. - Jeri

The question I would like for people here to ask themselves - is this: to all those who oppose the message of Jesus Christ to keep his commandments ( if we love him ) to be holy ( as he says be holy as I am holy ) to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ ( instead of spending all their time arguing over whether obeying God is law or grace ) and to repent of their sins ( because if we repent of our sins he is faithful to forgive us - repentance means to turn away from - to change our mind - head in a new direction ) is this: If you do not want to obey God then why are you a Christian? You see, according to the Word of God when Jesus told his followers what was required, many of them turned back and followed him no more. Because once he gave them the truth it was too much for them. They didn't want to lay down their lives and obey God... So my suggestion is if you don't want to follow him then don't but for the love of God stop trying to prevent those who do wish to know the truth from getting it! Thank you! Please! For the sake of the Gospel I am asking you both to not bring these foolish arguements up any longer. They are wasting valuable time. Thank you. - Jeri

Jeri,

I'm glad you brought this up. And on one hand you ask to be left alone or you ask for mercy and on the other hand, mercy only benefits you and then you go and push this doctrine of yours. Where is the mercy you are going to give others by not telling them the truth? Where is the mercy you are going to give others by not giving them the gospel? Where is the mercy you give us by not being adversarial with us?

Hebrews 12:14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

You interpret holiness to mean commandment keeping or Jesus plus something. Holiness just means set apart like a coffee cup is set apart just for coffee drinking. It means a little more but Holiness is the result of being saved by the gospel because it is the gospel which saves (1 Corinthians 15:1-2). The definition for Holiness is here:

(a) separation to God, 1Cr 1:30; 2Th 2:13; 1Pe 1:2;
Note: The corresponding verb hagiazo denotes "to set apart to God."
-Vine’s Expository Dictionary of Biblical Words

The difference is that Titus 3:5 interprets scripture. Scripture interprets scripture. That means there is no private interpret interpretation among others:

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

It is not by works of righteousness which saves us and the definition of "works of righteousness" or "righteousness" sounds a lot like commandment keeping:

righteousness g1343 δικαιοσύνη dikaiosynē

1.in a broad sense: state of him who is as he ought to be, righteousness, the condition acceptable to God1.the doctrine concerning the way in which man may attain a state approved of God
2.integrity, virtue, purity of life, rightness, correctness of thinking feeling, and acting
2.in a narrower sense, justice or the virtue which gives each his due

John says the truth will set you free but instead you have become a legalist.

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Chuck

Last edited:

The bible is clear we must contend for the faith which means as a follower of Jesus Christ I am to expose false teachings as false and speak the truth presenting scripture as my defense. I've done that and therein cannot help that there is a contradiction to what Chuck "believes" vs. what the bible actually say. We are to go by Gods Word, not mans opinion. But on the matter of your excuse as to this is why you cannot believe. I do not believe you are telling the truth, Alfalfa. Here's why. Your decision to not obey the Word of God is due to your own rebellion and desire to do your own thing. So long as you desire to do your own thing you'll look for something else to blame it upon because you are refusing to take accountability for your own rebellion on all fronts. And when the truth is brought to light you will just use another excuse to hide under - because the truth is - you do not desire truth.

Not everyone who discusses biblical subjects does so out of pure motives. There are even bible teachers whose motives are purely selfish and although this is most grevious to God it is nevertheless the truth. Not everyone who preaches Jesus Christ does it to win souls. The bible tells us this and that is why we should point out the truth and then move on. Thanks fro reading. - Jeri

I agree with you that we have to defend the faith but something is wrong when I have created a directory with twelve different files and one of them is five pages or longer to defend the faith when talking to you. And the reason I keep the files is because you are going to bring up complex issues to confuse people while ignoring my answers so I will repeat myself if I have to when you bring the question up again and I will only expand on it.

I've grown up in the Church and I'm confident that if people want to be saved, they will read the Bible themselves and listen to God instead of you. I'm here to give people who don't know any better because they haven't read or seriously studied the Bible a choice to read what scripture says by giving them an alternative to the false doctrine you are promoting.

What I'm telling people is that I think they are safer reading the Bible for themselves and asking God what the truth is instead of listening to you. And if they have any questions, they should ask God and not you. They should go to a church where the truth is preached and where false teachers like the ones you promote don't have any influence.

Last edited:
Let people read the bible for themselves, Chuck and quit trying to confuse them with your bible scholar nonsense. The Gospel is so simple a child can understand it. Let the Holy Spirit be God in their lives. The Holy Spirit is our teacher. I have said this repeatedly, Chuck.

He doesn't need your help.

Thanks. - Jeri

Let people read the bible for themselves, Chuck and quit trying to confuse them with your bible scholar nonsense. The Gospel is so simple a child can understand it. Let the Holy Spirit be God in their lives. The Holy Spirit is our teacher. I have said this repeatedly, Chuck.

He doesn't need your help.

Thanks. - Jeri

1 Timothy 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

Forum List

Back