Deficit Increased by $7B under Trump, But now the GOP tries to claim fiscal Responsibility????

nope, never gonna happen. you won't get any more money. It's a fake assertion. You believe it.
Increasing taxes doesn't add revenue?

That's like saying that working extra hours won't provide more money.

You're stupid

You seem to be stuck on stupid. You seem to think that only spending can add to the debt and only spending cuts can reduce it.

That doesn't even make sense in household finances.

If you change jobs and reduce your income...you increase your debt. No? You haven't bought anything new...but you now have less money...

Less revenue...more debt

If you buy a new car but work extra hours...you have OFFSET that spending increase...haven't you...dolt

More revenue...more spending...you have offset that added debt
If you change jobs and reduce your income...you increase your debt. No?

No.

WTF? How stupid are you?

Let's do some math and see if you can explain your lunacy:

You make $100,000 per year.

You debt is $50,000.

You take another job making $90,000 per year.

Explain how that job change makes that $50,000 go up.

Increasing taxes doesn't add revenue?
no it doesn't. It forces people to save rather than spend. You're really not good with understanding how people behave with their money. Most demofks are bad at that.

most people don't want to give government their hard earned income. You really are a naive person. If you are a person.

or not and remove the debt ceiling and pay what you owe. Stop spending.
You keep talking about stopping spending and paying down the debt

A. No one wants to pay down the debt. That is deflationary. Look up deflation. It’s bad

B. Republicans never reduce spending on any real way. They play games by cutting spending on social programs because they see it as a political win and have no respect for the working class but it never adds up to anything appreciable.

So just stop

If you change jobs and reduce your income...you increase your debt. No?

No.

WTF? How stupid are you?

Let's do some math and see if you can explain your lunacy:

You make $100,000 per year.

You debt is $50,000.

You take another job making $90,000 per year.

Explain how that job change makes that $50,000 go up.
You completely and dishonestly reversed what I said.

You keep talking about stopping spending and paying down the debt

A. No one wants to pay down the debt. That is deflationary. Look up deflation. It’s bad

B. Republicans never reduce spending on any real way. They play games by cutting spending on social programs because they see it as a political win and have no respect for the working class but it never adds up to anything appreciable.

So just stop
actually, I said stop spending more than you bring in. Pay down the debt is responsible. You make this shit up like it's free fking money. too funny.

no it doesn't. It forces people to save rather than spend. You're really not good with understanding how people behave with their money. Most demofks are bad at that.

most people don't want to give government their hard earned income. You really are a naive person. If you are a person.
It does nothing of the kind. Post a link showing that

actually, I said stop spending more than you bring in. Pay down the debt is responsible. You make this shit up like it's free fking money. too funny.
I’ll say this again. Paying down the Federal debt is deflationary. I don’t expect you to know what that means since you understand so little of what’s being talked about so LOOK IT UP

It’s not a good thing

It does nothing of the kind. Post a link showing that
post a link showing you what? peoples spending habits? You act like people like paying taxes. I'd prefer you post that link. I'll go take a look to satisfy your nonsense ask. The next thing you'll say is people don't push their money off shore. hahahahahahahahaha

What I find hilarious is the demofks push the burden all to the american people rather than following the ethics of the government to spend within controls. outstanding protocols they have. fk you americans, you do without while we do what we want attitude. there you go. You back that shit.

Last edited:
you wrote it. How is it he was dishonest?
You quoted what I said and completely changed the scenario.

I was talking about reducing income by changing jobs and you gave yourself a second job for more money.

You’re a dishonest troll

Go find a bridge to live under

post a link showing you what? peoples spending habits? You act like people like paying taxes. I'd prefer you post that link. I'll go take a look to satisfy your nonsense ask. The next thing you'll say is people don't push their money off shore. hahahahahahahahaha
Thank you for admitting you have nothing

Join your brother troll under that bridge 🌉

Snowflakes, stop your childish finger-pointing, whining, and excuse-making....you have the numbers to pass the $5.5 trillion dollar deficit-adding pork bomb - f*ing do it already!

Oh, that's right - you can't because DEMOCRATS are the ones preventing you from doing so.

STFU, continue to harass, intimidate, insult, and attack your fellow Democrats until they cave...or become Republicans....and handle your own shit without blaming others.

You quoted what I said and completely changed the scenario.

I was talking about reducing income by changing jobs and you gave yourself a second job for more money.

You’re a dishonest troll

Go find a bridge to live under
That was me, and I did no such thing. The scenario went from a job making $100K to one making $90K.

Learn to read you blithering nincompoop.

But the effect of only exempting from debt ceiling fillibuster bills that one side or the other could claim were "debt neutral" would just make it more of a joke - and hide from Americans - whether the bills are good policy. And the gop claimed their tax cut would cause 4-5% growth, and they didn't break 3%. So how can you "score that."?
I score it as significantly better that when Obama was in office. True, the tax cuts did not spur the 4-5% growth as Trump claimed it would, but:

The data are in and the economy grew at a 3.1 percent rate from the fourth quarter of 2017 to the fourth quarter of 2018, one measure of annual growth, according to the Bureau of Economic Analysis. That is the first time in 13 years that it’s been over 3 percent, the White House notes. The administration attributes the gains to tax cuts, deregulation and other pro-growth policies.

True, that growth did not last, as 2019 wasn't nearly as robust, and I don't know why. I do know that it sucked once the Coronavirus hit, which wasn't Trump's fault. But up until then our economy was still doing better than it did under Obama.

Now, as to fiscal responsibility, I don't know that either party can claim to be that but not let's not ignore which party has always wanted to spend and tax more than the other one. Specifically focused on spending, there's no contest: the democrats are wildly irresponsible compared to the GOP. No matter who is in the WH, they always want to spend more and that is without question. There is no time in US history where the democrats have ever said "no, we can't spend that much, let's spend less." And they have always lied about how much the spending would actually be.

On the taxes side, I think it's true that both parties lie about tax cuts and tax hikes. The repubs lie about how much economic growth you get from a tax cut, and the democrats lie about how much revenue the gov't will take in, and they lie about the economic impact that a tax hike will have on an economy. It is simple Econ 101, when you take more out of the private sector in taxes then you get less investment. To argue that is to deny reality.

So, who is more fiscally responsible? The real truth is that our gov't does not have a revenue problem; there are studies reaching back into the 50s that show gov't revenue doesn't change much relative to changes in tax rates. That's because changes in the tax rates result in behavioral changes: if you raise taxes you get less investment as the rich people find other places to put their money and avoid the higher tax rate. So, to me fiscal responsibility mainly lies in spending less, and certainly not the ridiculous amounts that today's democrats want to do. Trump's spending was pretty much in-line with Obama's, no? It was the tax cuts that cut into revenue that resulted in his big deficits. And anybody who wants to claim that the Biden spending will be paid for is flat out lying. He says it amounts to costing 0 dollars. Bull fucking shit.

God you people are stubbornly stupid.

Tax cuts REDUCE REVENUES. That increases debt

It's like an hourly worker deciding to cut back his hours and then not understanding why he doesn't have as much money as he used to.

Seriously.

No one goes to their revenue source to tell them to cut the amount of money they contribute to expect to increase revenues.

I've been saying this since the reagan years.

Cutting taxes is spending because it cuts the amount of revenues this nation has to pay our bills.

Cutting taxes then going on a spending spree which is what all republican presidents do, is very irresponsible.

Their spending never benefits our nation. Our nation is falling apart and we have real social problems that have been ignored for decades.

Yet republicans pour trillions into the pockets of the filthy rich. Republicans waste trillions on war and military while everything else in our nation is falling apart.

Forum List

Back