Dem introduces bills to eliminate electoral college, stop presidents from pardoning themselves

The United States is a collection of States. The Federal Government, and the President serve at the PLEASURE of the STATES. The States elect the President, not the "People".

If the EC was replaced with a popular vote the US would be broken up into many regions with regional parties and regional candidates, essentially becoming a "jungle primary". No one would win a "majority" of votes unless the election was a two step process with a runoff between the top two candidates. Look at the 1968 election map, CA was Republican, TX was democrat, and the deep south was 3rd party. Voters are not locked into anything
1968 United States presidential election - Wikipedia
A Federal system of Re-Districting From Hell nightmare?

:p I could see that.....

If the EC was replaced with a popular vote the US would be broken up into many regions with regional parties and regional candidates, essentially becoming a "jungle primary". No one would win a "majority" of votes unless the election was a two step process with a runoff between the top two candidates. Look at the 1968 election map, CA was Republican, TX was democrat, and the deep south was 3rd party. Voters are not locked into anything

You forgot to make the case for why that would be a bad thing.

Oh and this isn't 1968 any more. Check your calendar.

The EC is certainly obsolete
So you are not bright enough to understand why the EC is used and why it is so important still today....

Copy That.

Just tell me you don't think the EC had anything really to do with her loss........
As slavery played a major role in the creation of the EC, it’s clearly time for an update.
The reason why slavery played a part in it is critical to why it is still important today, in a way.

We will just have to agree to disagree.
Because slavery still exists? Good fucking grief :rolleyes:
Yeah!!!

LeBron is a slave.

The United States is a collection of States. The Federal Government, and the President serve at the PLEASURE of the STATES. The States elect the President, not the "People".
Or 'DIS-Pleasure'. :p

Then essplain to the class what the fucking point of having an "Election Day" is.

The EC is certainly obsolete
So you are not bright enough to understand why the EC is used and why it is so important still today....

Copy That.

Just tell me you don't think the EC had anything really to do with her loss........
As slavery played a major role in the creation of the EC, it’s clearly time for an update.
The reason why slavery played a part in it is critical to why it is still important today, in a way.

Yeah!!!

LeBron is a slave.
I would gladly be a 'slave' if I made that much money with all the freedoms I have now as he does....

When the EC is gone, you have eliminated the representative republic that we are and mob rule takes over, which would be complete democracy, with the mob ruling and no longer will there be any minority representation.

Be careful if you are for full democracy, because that type of government has always failed in the past.
What takes over when that happens always follows complete government control over everything.

The point is, in ~50 years you will be saying that it's not 2019 any more, and you will be puzzled at how the presidential map looked like it did. The EC stood and stands the tests of time, that was the genius of the Founding Fathers.

When the EC is gone, you have eliminated the representative republic that we are and mob rule takes over, which would be complete democracy, with the mob ruling and no longer will there be any minority representation.

Be careful if you are for full democracy, because that type of government has always failed in the past.
What takes over when that happens always follows complete government control over everything.
Well, to be honest, it's not like the Democrats standing with violent illegals, human traffickers, MS13, etc... to shutdown the govt are REPRESENTING the Americans who voted them into office now...

In doing so they prove they are too stupid to understand why the Electoral College was established to begin with and why it is so important today - all they understand is 'Hillary lost because of the Electoral College'....

Which brings me to my 2nd point:

HILLARY CLINTON DID NOT LOSE BECAUSE OF THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE

Without having to address her long history of scandal / sexual misconduct enabling / abandoning Americans to needlessly die / selling Russia 20% of the US' uranium, compromising our national security / etc.... Hillary Clinton should NEVER have been in the election to begin with as she failed to WIN her own party's nomination. The election should have been Sanders versus Trump.

House Dems move to eliminate Electoral College, limit presidential pardon power and more in first days back

Its always been about party power and all they want is the ability for California and New York State to exclusively control our elections while omitting all the other states having any say. This is tantamount to TREASON and trying to usurp and overthrow the government and on those grounds alone, Trump ought to have Pelosi and the rest driving this all arrested right now and charged with treason and high crimes against the United States And thrown in federal prison. The Democrats are children in a glass house carrying rocks driving this country into a constitutional meltdown.

Just stop, advocating changing the COTUS is NOT treason. The fucking document is designed to be changed.

Leave that kind of nonsense to the liberal bed wetters.

So you'd be all for a foreigner coming in as president, then invoking that we change the Constitution to give the UN authority OVER our own federal government?
A foreigner currently cant become POTUS so thats really just a deflection.

The point is, in ~50 years you will be saying that it's not 2019 any more, and you will be puzzled at how the presidential map looked like it did. The EC stood and stands the tests of time, that was the genius of the Founding Fathers.

Counting enslaved people as three-fifths of a person while awarding them zero-fifths of a vote is "genius", is it?

Can we get a definition for "retarded" then? Like to know what our choices are here.

Meanwhile, you didn't address the point. At all.

Copy That.

Yeah!!!

LeBron is a slave.
I would gladly be a 'slave' if I made that much money with all the freedoms I have now as he does....
Being a slave is being able to go to work with a glass of Chateau Gruaud Larose.

Then essplain to the class what the fucking point of having an "Election Day" is.

To determine who your STATE'S Electoral College votes for.

Clearly that's not the purpose, since, as I already laid out, my state (for example) went and voted unanimously for Rump, while the sham called "Election Day" didn't even give him half our vote.

IOW the sham of "Election Day" had nothing to do with how the state voted.

Well at least this liberal outright admits he's ignorant.

"the people" do not elect a President, the people's representatives via the EC do.

In doing so they prove they are too stupid to understand why the Electoral College was established to begin with and why it is so important today - all they understand is 'Hillary lost because of the Electoral College'....

Which brings me to my 2nd point:

HILLARY CLINTON DID NOT LOSE BECAUSE OF THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE

Without having to address her long history of scandal / sexual misconduct enabling / abandoning Americans to needlessly die / selling Russia 20% of the US' uranium, compromising our national security / etc.... Hillary Clinton should NEVER have been in the election to begin with as she failed to WIN her own party's nomination. The election should have been Sanders versus Trump.

House Dems move to eliminate Electoral College, limit presidential pardon power and more in first days back
/----/
Nolte: Tyrannical Democrats Introduce Bill to Kill Electoral College
Nolte is the new darling of the Left.
What’s more, if the electoral college goes, the next target will be the U.S. Senate. After Trump and the Republicans managed to hold the Senate in 2018, you heard a lot of media griping about how unfair it is that a state like Wyoming (population 600,000) is represented as equally in the Senate as a New York (population 8.8 million).

Rep.-Steve-Cohen-APCliff-Owen-1-640x480.jpg

Counting enslaved people as three-fifths of a person while awarding them zero-fifths of a vote is "genius", is it?

Can we get a definition for "retarded" then? Like to know what our choices are here.

1. Having regional candidates and a "jungle primary" vote for president would eliminate your main point of having a popular vote winner. Main point was addressed.
2. Slavery was the norm until it wasn't. Slaves built the pyramids and were used as cheap labor throughout history. Trying to apply today's norms to ancient times is ridiculous. Having the Taliban view of the confederacy is very intolerant.
3. The Founding Fathers did a remarkably good job creating the USA, especially considering that amendments keep the Constitution and the country intact.

1. Having regional candidates and a "jungle primary" vote for president would eliminate your main point of having a popular vote winner. Main point was addressed.
2. Slavery was the norm until it wasn't. Slaves built the pyramids and were used as cheap labor throughout history. Trying to apply today's norms to ancient times is ridiculous. Having the Taliban view of the confederacy is very intolerant.
3. The Founding Fathers did a remarkably good job creating the USA, especially considering that amendments keep the Constitution and the country intact.
No stupid. Slaves did not build the pyramids. Go get some education before you start talking.

Actually I've posted nothing about having a popular vote. You addressed a point I didn't make. Might want to re-read.

No idea what a "Taliban view of the Confederacy" (it's capitalized as a proper name) means or how it's supposed to be "intolerant" ----- nor (again) did I bring up the Confederacy at all ---- but the fact is the EC was drawn up specifically counting slaves as three-fifths of a person for the purpose of apportioning political power, and were given zero-fifths of a vote while being so counted. That's historical fact and there's nothing you can do to change it now. And it goes back to the purpose of that body. You'll notice --- in fact you already made the point ---- that such slavery no longer exists. Whelp ... there goes one of the EC's main functions. I should say, "there went". Back in 1865.

Another address of a point I didn't make.

Forum List

Back