Democracy In Egypt Is Bad For The United States

Hey DumbAss, it was Mubarak's thugs who were bashing the heads of the reporters!!!

Really? where you there? Who told you?
wbfo: : Foreign Policy: Mubarak Plays The Blame Game (2011-02-10)

Foreign Policy: Mubarak Plays The Blame Game

Thursday marks the 17th straight day of protests in Egypt. The revolts haven't showed signs of tapering, and President Hosni Mubarak still hasn't stepped down. Peter Bouckaert of Foreign Policy shows how Mubarak clings to power using propaganda ¿ and violence ¿ against foreigners and foreign media.

After Mubarak's defiant last-night speech on Feb. 1, rejecting outright the protesters' demand that he step down, authorities unleashed a stunning wave of violence and intimidation. Gangs armed with sticks and knives attacked protesters. Thugs rode in on horseback and ran demonstrators down. State-run hospitals were under pressure to conceal the toll, so my colleagues and I tried to tally as best we could, visiting wards and morgues across the capital. We've counted more than 300 deaths so far, much higher than the officially acknowledged death toll of 77.
But another target of Mubarak's wrath was, simply, the rest of the world. Thugs hunted down foreigners, including journalists and tourists. Reporters from the Washington Post and the New York Times were harassed and detained; al Jazeera's headquarters were stormed, its equipment confiscated, and at least eight of its journalists detained at various times. Attackers told their victims they were looking for an alliance of Israeli Mossad spies, American agents, Iranian and Afghan intelligence, Hamas provocateurs, and other sinister elements that were conspiring to "destroy Egypt."
Why this intense anti-foreigner violence? In short, because the regime was trying just about everything to preserve the privileges of its corrupt rule. There is considerable circumstantial evidence to suggest that Mubarak's ruling National Democratic Party, his Information Ministry, and elements of his security services sponsored a coordinated campaign to discredit and break up the largely peaceful pro-democracy protests that began on Jan. 25 and to intimidate and silence the journalists, foreign and Egyptian, who were reporting on it.
Senior officials, including Mubarak himself, have darkly hinted of supposed foreign involvement in the protests. On Feb. 1, Mubarak said that honest protesters had been "exploited" by spoilers with political interests. In a nationwide address two days later, his newly appointed vice president, Omar Suleiman, more explicitly accused "foreign influences" of spawning chaos.
The innuendo didn't stop there. From the beginning of the protests, "reports" of foreign conspiracies have dominated state television news. Egyptian channels such as Al Oula TV, Nile TV, and Al Masriya TV, all controlled by the Information Ministry, began playing virulent propaganda about the alleged plots and conspiracies hatched abroad. Similar rhetoric also ran on the pro-regime Mehwar TV owned by a close associate of Mubarak's party and in the pages of state-controlled newspapers such as Al-Ahram and Al-Akhbar.

r

A plainclothes policeman (L) runs to attack a foreign journalist as others beat a protester in front of two boys (not seen in picture) during a demonstration in Cairo January 28, 2011.
REUTERS/Goran Tomasevic

I click on your link and bam NPR pops up.:lol:

You know I would agree if code pink had not been their, protesting along side the muslim brotherhood,:lol:

You are the code pink of the pretend right, bigrebnc.
you're an idiot.

Your thinking is what is wrong with America. biggie, we are not going back sixty or fifty or forty years. We are going forward, and you are coming with us whether you want to or not. This is a democratic Republic (or constitutional Republic, if that makes you feel better), and you are ruled by constitutional, electoral process. End of story.

you're an idiot.

Your thinking is what is wrong with America. biggie, we are not going back sixty or fifty or forty years. We are going forward, and you are coming with us whether you want to or not. This is a democratic Republic (or constitutional Republic, if that makes you feel better), and you are ruled by constitutional, electoral process. End of story.

We aren't ruled by dick.

That only happens in a monarchy.

Mudwhistle, you are ruled by constitutional, electoral process. Doesn't matter what you think.

you're an idiot.

How do you get from calling me a sexist to calling me code pink to this bullshit?^^^^^^
Never mind you're an idiot

Mud, I have voted Bush Daddy, Bush Daddy, Clinton, Bush Son, green throw away vote, McCain. I vote my conscience, but I abide by constitutional, electoral process. All Americans do the same.

Really? where you there? Who told you?

Thursday marks the 17th straight day of protests in Egypt. The revolts haven't showed signs of tapering, and President Hosni Mubarak still hasn't stepped down. Peter Bouckaert of Foreign Policy shows how Mubarak clings to power using propaganda ¿ and violence ¿ against foreigners and foreign media.

After Mubarak's defiant last-night speech on Feb. 1, rejecting outright the protesters' demand that he step down, authorities unleashed a stunning wave of violence and intimidation. Gangs armed with sticks and knives attacked protesters. Thugs rode in on horseback and ran demonstrators down. State-run hospitals were under pressure to conceal the toll, so my colleagues and I tried to tally as best we could, visiting wards and morgues across the capital. We've counted more than 300 deaths so far, much higher than the officially acknowledged death toll of 77.
But another target of Mubarak's wrath was, simply, the rest of the world. Thugs hunted down foreigners, including journalists and tourists. Reporters from the Washington Post and the New York Times were harassed and detained; al Jazeera's headquarters were stormed, its equipment confiscated, and at least eight of its journalists detained at various times. Attackers told their victims they were looking for an alliance of Israeli Mossad spies, American agents, Iranian and Afghan intelligence, Hamas provocateurs, and other sinister elements that were conspiring to "destroy Egypt."
Why this intense anti-foreigner violence? In short, because the regime was trying just about everything to preserve the privileges of its corrupt rule. There is considerable circumstantial evidence to suggest that Mubarak's ruling National Democratic Party, his Information Ministry, and elements of his security services sponsored a coordinated campaign to discredit and break up the largely peaceful pro-democracy protests that began on Jan. 25 and to intimidate and silence the journalists, foreign and Egyptian, who were reporting on it.
Senior officials, including Mubarak himself, have darkly hinted of supposed foreign involvement in the protests. On Feb. 1, Mubarak said that honest protesters had been "exploited" by spoilers with political interests. In a nationwide address two days later, his newly appointed vice president, Omar Suleiman, more explicitly accused "foreign influences" of spawning chaos.
The innuendo didn't stop there. From the beginning of the protests, "reports" of foreign conspiracies have dominated state television news. Egyptian channels such as Al Oula TV, Nile TV, and Al Masriya TV, all controlled by the Information Ministry, began playing virulent propaganda about the alleged plots and conspiracies hatched abroad. Similar rhetoric also ran on the pro-regime Mehwar TV owned by a close associate of Mubarak's party and in the pages of state-controlled newspapers such as Al-Ahram and Al-Akhbar.

r

A plainclothes policeman (L) runs to attack a foreign journalist as others beat a protester in front of two boys (not seen in picture) during a demonstration in Cairo January 28, 2011.
REUTERS/Goran Tomasevic

You know I would agree if code pink had not been their, protesting along side the muslim brotherhood,:lol:
Code Pink Derangement Syndrome! :cuckoo:

Just another lie from GOP hate radio that only the CON$ervative Brotherhood is STUPID enough to believe. :rofl:

Any American right, center, or left who has problem with NPR is an idiot. End of discussion.

Who runs Egypt is not our decision

Yeah, that's the spineless tact we took when the same thing happened in Gaza, Tunisia, Lebanon, and Iran.

How many are dead because of it?????

Would you like other nations dictating who runs the USA?

I don't like dictating anything.

I also don't like it when our government sneaks around and causes revolutions in our ally's countries.

It's one thing to dictate how a country is run. It's another entirely to make friends with them and show them how being our friends can be a benefit.

But our government seems to think sticking a knife in their back is the best way to make friends.

Any American right, center, or left who has problem with NPR is an idiot. End of discussion.

Your opinion seems a bit biased.

NPR is a Liberal front. They use taxpayer's money to talk about diversity, torture, human-rights violations, discrimination, and listen to classical jazz. The only thing that separated them from Air America was they didn't cuss out the right 24/7. They specialize in fuzzy feel good sappy stories about underprivileged people that made it in life. When they covered the 9/12 project rally they did everything but throw the kitchen sink at them. They spent the entire coverage trying to ask each other what the rally was about. I guess the thought never crossed their minds to ask Glenn Beck. But since he's the Devil that would never happen.

Last edited:

r

REUTERS/Goran Tomasevic

Code Pink Derangement Syndrome! :cuckoo:

Just another lie from GOP hate radio that only the CON$ervative Brotherhood is STUPID enough to believe. :rofl:

here's their link
CODEPINK : EGYPT

Update from CODEPINK Peace Delegation in Cairo
Tonight our CODEPINK delegation in Cairo returned to Tahrir Square after the terrible events of this afternoon, when Mubarak’s thugs busted up their peaceful protest with rocks, sticks and molotov cocktails. Hundreds have been wounded–their hands, legs, arms wrapped in bloody bandages. Despite the beatings, thousands of people are still camped out in the square–absolutely determined to stay there until Mubarak goes.
CODEPINK : EGYPT

Your opinion seems a bit biased.

NPR is a Liberal front. They use taxpayer's money to talk about diversity, torture, human-rights violations, discrimination, and listen to classical jazz. The only thing that separated them from Air America was they didn't cuss out the right 24/7. They specialize in fuzzy feel good sappy stories about underprivileged people that made it in life. When they covered the 9/12 project rally they did everything but throw the kitchen sink at them. They spent the entire coverage trying to ask each other what the rally was about. I guess the thought never crossed their minds to ask Glenn Beck. But since he's the Devil that would never happen.

Let's not forget soros gave a big chunk of change to NPR
The firing of National Public Radio news analyst Juan Williams for comments made about Muslims, combined with leftwing billionaire George Soros’ recent $1.8 million donation to the organization, have reignited calls to end NPR’s taxpayer subsidies.

Read more: Williams firing, Soros donation spark new calls to end NPR taxpayer subsidies | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

on February 4, 2011 Imam Khamenei spoke to the Iranian people if Egyptian government is removed it will be irreparable defeat for the United States of America.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back