Democracy In Egypt Is Bad For The United States

Radical thought to be sure, but how about what is best for the US is an Egypt full of happy Egyptians.

Egypt is the West's strongest ally. Despite the Muslim Brotherhood and Mubaraks hardline stance throughout the years. A large percentage of the population is under 30 years of age and many of them are college educated and speak English well (impossible in other Islamic states). They have had limited but more freedom than their counterparts and I'm sure they won't be giving that up any time soon. Considering they were the majority of the protestors.
Egypt has a long history of being ruled by the military (Sadat to Mubarak to where we are at now). The current high ranking military officials benefited by protecting Mubarak in the past. Then things went south when their enlisted and subordinates joined the masses. They were rewarded financially in the past through ownership of businesses and should keep the extemists in check.

Oh, Democracy protests are taking place in Iran.

Obama is ignoring it again like last time.

Kind of puts it all in proper prospective.

Dude, give it a rest. The U.S. (NO MATTER WHO IS PRESIDENT) should be handling these revolts/revolutions with EXTREME care. Let it take its course. The main argument of the Jihadist, terrorists, extremists, etc.. is that we meddle too much in their affairs. All we have to do is monitor and make the minimal efforts required to insure we don't get shafted.
All that was needed in Egypt was the internet, cell phones and an Egyptian national who worked for Google.

Things are moving way too fast over there. You got to pick and choose your fights.

I don't have to give it a rest.

I see the hypocrisy here. Osama gave several speeches during the Egyptian riots. The Sadi King called him personally and told him to STFU and he still wouldn't stop.

Now during the Iranian riots he's totally silent and Hillary is mouthing off. Iran has been a serious problem for us since 79. Some of my buddies got shot up in Mogadishu in 93' thanks to Iranian interference. Most of the IEDs, the shape-charges that kill tanks, were made in Iran.

Give it a rest. Fuck you.

The hypocrisy is all yours, Mud. A solid relationship is far important with Egypt than something how making this about BHO, which it isn't.

Treating all Mideastern nations the same is not a good idea. Best to show the contrast between Egypt and Iran. Bringing the current government to its knees in Iran is a good goal. Indirectly supporting elements within Iran to meet that goal is a priority.

The hypocrisy is all yours, Mud. A solid relationship is far important with Egypt than something how making this about BHO, which it isn't.

I'm not the only one who said Obama has fucked this up. Every Middle East expert says he's screwed the pooch.

This has been a serious embarrassment to the United States.

This week they mouthed off at Europe. They have no shame. They're going around making enemies everywhere. The only reason dipshits like you haven't noticed it is because the media won't point it out to you.

The problem with folks like you is you never had to live through this shit before. You were probably still crapping in your diaper when Iran took over our embassy. I was in the military at the time. I've seen JFK, LBJ, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush Sr, Clinton, Bush Jr., and Obama. I can tell the difference. Obama is not as much of a disaster as Carter was, but for some reason he doesn't seem to give a fuck about anything but Muslims and going on vacation. Oh, and spending tons of our money.

Last edited:
I'm not the only one who said Obama has fucked this up. Every Middle East expert says he's screwed the pooch.

This week they mouthed off at Europe. They have no shame. They're going around making enemies everywhere. The only reason dipshits like you haven't noticed it is because the media won't point it out to you.

The problem with folks like you is you never had to live through this shit before. You were probably still crapping in your diaper when Iran took over our embassy. I was in the military at the time. I've seen JFK, LBJ, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush Sr, Clinton, Bush Jr., and Obama. I can tell the difference. Obama is not as much of a disaster as Carter was, but for some reason he doesn't seem to give a fuck about anything but Muslims and going on vacation.

:clap2:

I don't mind being embrassed a little when we are right. Here the President doesn't even have a game plan or consistent strategy. He IS the embrassment.

Oh, Democracy protests are taking place in Iran.

Obama is ignoring it again like last time.

Kind of puts it all in proper prospective.

Dude, give it a rest. The U.S. (NO MATTER WHO IS PRESIDENT) should be handling these revolts/revolutions with EXTREME care. Let it take its course. The main argument of the Jihadist, terrorists, extremists, etc.. is that we meddle too much in their affairs. All we have to do is monitor and make the minimal efforts required to insure we don't get shafted.
All that was needed in Egypt was the internet, cell phones and an Egyptian national who worked for Google.

Things are moving way too fast over there. You got to pick and choose your fights.

I see the hypocrisy here. Osama gave several speeches during the Egyptian riots. The Sadi King called him personally and told him to STFU and he still wouldn't stop.

Now during the Iranian riots he's totally silent and Hillary is mouthing off. Iran has been a serious problem for us since 79. Some of my buddies got shot up in Mogadishu in 93' thanks to Iranian interference. Most of the IEDs, the shape-charges that kill tanks, were made in Iran.

Of course he's silent - that's the smart move. If he backs the protesters, the Iranian leadership will portray them as tools of the West, and discredit them, thereby excusing them to use force.

A portion of people in Tehran will know the truth, but people spread across the country who rely on government-controlled radio and media will believe it.

You're not too bright.

The problem with folks like you is you never had to live through this shit before. You were probably still crapping in your diaper when Iran took over our embassy. I was in the military at the time. I've seen JFK, LBJ, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush Sr, Clinton, Bush Jr., and Obama. I can tell the difference. Obama is not as much of a disaster as Carter was, but for some reason he doesn't seem to give a fuck about anything but Muslims and going on vacation. Oh, and spending tons of our money.

Total bullshit.

Treating all Mideastern nations the same is not a good idea. Best to show the contrast between Egypt and Iran. Bringing the current government to its knees in Iran is a good goal. Indirectly supporting elements within Iran to meet that goal is a priority.

It's obvious that bringing down an ally is more important to Obama then bringing down an enemy.

Mubarak was an ally. Iran is an enemy.

His silence speaks volumes.

There's no other way a rational person can see it.

Of course he's silent - that's the smart move. If he backs the protesters, the Iranian leadership will portray them as tools of the West, and discredit them, thereby excusing them to use force.

A portion of people in Tehran will know the truth, but people spread across the country who rely on government-controlled radio and media will believe it.

You're not too bright.

You're a liberal hack that gobbles up Obama's propaganda and parrots it to anyone who'll listen.

So they didn't think the Egyptian protesters looked like tools of the West?

Anderson Cooper got several wacks up side the head from folks that were yelling anti-American bullshit. They seemed to think we were helping the revolt. They were right.

Now when it comes to an enemy Obama wants to play it safe. Instead of encouragement he disappears and wants to talk about his fucked up budget. He helps bring down an ally, a flawed ally none the less, but an ally. But our enemies, naw. Doesn't have the nuts to utter a word.

While an ally was in trouble he wouldn't shut up. He repeatedly said that the process must start NOW. I remember everyone in the administration repeating that word. Iran, later, Egypt, now.

And what does this show our friends and our enemies???

It shows them that he's gutless. He'll sneak around and undermine our allies but our enemies.....well he's just too damned scared to say, "Mr Gorbachev, TEAR DOWN THIS WALL!!!!!"

Last edited:
Who's In Charge?

"Hosni Mubarak was a dictator who stole elections and reigned with an iron fist for 30 years.

"America isn’t like that.

Right?

Right?

"Ronald Reagan took office thirty years ago.

"He was a product of General Electric and the 'defense' industry, right down to his dyed roots.

"George H.W. Bush, a subsidiary of the Carlyle Group, followed. Clinton took him down so as to deliver NAFTA, GATT, and The Telecommunications Act.

"Then came Al Gor…oh, wait, right, another Bush, who was his own man, the kind of guy you’d like to have a beer with, because he wasn’t running anything.

"Cheney, on the other hand, was still getting paid by Halliburton/KBR while in office, and yeah...he was the boss. Or was he?

So, yeah, who’s been in charge?

Hm."
Truthout

Who's In Charge?

"Hosni Mubarak was a dictator who stole elections and reigned with an iron fist for 30 years.

Right?

Right?

"He was a product of General Electric and the 'defense' industry, right down to his dyed roots.

"George H.W. Bush, a subsidiary of the Carlyle Group, followed. Clinton took him down so as to deliver NAFTA, GATT, and The Telecommunications Act.

"Then came Al Gor…oh, wait, right, another Bush, who was his own man, the kind of guy you’d like to have a beer with, because he wasn’t running anything.

"Cheney, on the other hand, was still getting paid by Halliburton/KBR while in office, and yeah...he was the boss. Or was he?

Hm."
Truthout

You're a God Damned liar. Cheney had to give up all interest with Haliburton while he was VP. He couldn't even own stock in the company because the Dems would attack him for it.

MSNBC and NBC are ruled by General Electric. The Health Care bill helps make General Electric richer then shit with a new nationwide record keeping system. The charging stations for GMs new electric cars produced by you guessed it, General Electric.

Mubarak wasn't killing our kids in Iraq and Afghanistan. Mubarak wasn't funding Hezbollah. But he had to go now. Iran can stay. Mubarak didn't institute Sharia Law in Egypt. Iran has a Theocracy based on Sharia Law in their country. Mubarak had to go. Iran can stay.

Mubarak could have been encouraged to change. Iran cannot. So of course Mubarak had to go. Iran, they can stay. The public never heard shit about how bad it was in Egypt till Obama started spouting off about it, and in a matter of days Mubarak was gone. Everyone knows about Iran.

CNN was talking about the wonderful people of Iran last year and the year before. Who cares that they were training the insurgents that were killing our troops in Iraq. They can stay. They were providing the explosives used to kill 90% of our dead. They can stay. But Mubarak, who never lifted a finger to kill one of our kids had to go now. Iran is building a nuke program as we speak. Weeks away from going nuke with the help of Russia, but they can stay. Egypt wasn't a threat but Mubarak had to go.

Makes perfect sense.

Last edited:

It's obvious that bringing down an ally is more important to Obama then bringing down an enemy.

Actually, there is another way that rational people can see it. Obama did not bring Mubarak down. Mubarak was responsible for his own demise. Egypt is our ally, not Mubarak. As long as Egypt doesn't go the way Iran did in '79, and the people get what they want - democracy - then their relationship with the US and Israel will be fine. The concern, of course, is that the Muslim Brotherhood will initiate a power grab.

And, Obama should STFU about Iran. We cannot be seen to interfere there - but, a smart POTUS would be throwing support QUIETLY behind the protesters. We would do well to remember that we do not know everything that our Government is doing in the region... and that is a good thing.

Stop being so damned simplistic and narrow minded. It ain't all about Obama.

Who's In Charge?

Right?

Right?

Hm."
Truthout

Haven't you got a revolution to organize?

Idiot.

Actually, there is another way that rational people can see it. Obama did not bring Mubarak down. Mubarak was responsible for his own demise. Egypt is our ally, not Mubarak. As long as Egypt doesn't go the way Iran did in '79, and the people get what they want - democracy - then their relationship with the US and Israel will be fine. The concern, of course, is that the Muslim Brotherhood will initiate a power grab.

And, Obama should STFU about Iran. We cannot be seen to interfere there - but, a smart POTUS would be throwing support QUIETLY behind the protesters. We would do well to remember that we do not know everything that our Government is doing in the region... and that is a good thing.

Stop being so damned simplistic and narrow minded. It ain't all about Obama.

So Hillary doesn't work for Obama????? She's the only member of the Obama Administration that's saying anything. She's announced that she is going to give a major speech today on Iran. Obama is silent. She's mouthing off. Obama can silence her but he won't. He doesn't want to appear like the US is encouraging peace in Iran then he needs to tell Hillary to STFU.

But Obama had no problem cutting loose on Egypt. That one was easy. Iran is a tough nut to crack and he shows no leadership. He leaves the dirty work to Hillary.

I'm not being simplistic and narrow-minded. As a matter of fact, everyone else is.

Who's In Charge?

Right?

Right?

Hm."
Truthout

You're a God Damned liar. Cheney had to give up all interest with Haliburton while he was VP. He couldn't even own stock in the company because the Dems would attack him for it.

MSNBC and NBC are ruled by General Electric. The Health Care bill helps make General Electric richer then shit with a new nationwide record keeping system. The charging stations for GMs new electric cars produced by you guessed it, General Electric.

Mubarak wasn't killing our kids in Iraq and Afghanistan. Mubarak wasn't funding Hezbollah. But he had to go now. Iran can stay. Mubarak didn't institute Sharia Law in Egypt. Iran has a Theocracy based on Sharia Law in their country. Mubarak had to go. Iran can stay.

Mubarak could have been encouraged to change. Iran cannot. So of course Mubarak had to go. Iran, they can stay. The public never heard shit about how bad it was in Egypt till Obama started spouting off about it, and in a matter of days Mubarak was gone. Everyone knows about Iran.

CNN was talking about the wonderful people of Iran last year and the year before. Who cares that they were training the insurgents that were killing our troops in Iraq. They can stay. They were providing the explosives used to kill 90% of our dead. They can stay. But Mubarak, who never lifted a finger to kill one of our kids had to go now. Iran is building a nuke program as we speak. Weeks away from going nuke with the help of Russia, but they can stay. Egypt wasn't a threat but Mubarak had to go.

Makes perfect sense.
Dick (the five time draft dodger) Cheney has his Halliburton dividends put in Trust until he left office. He has not sent any of it to "our kids" crippled by the wars he helped instigate, as far as I know.

Are you feeling bitchy that Reagan wasn't the only politician GE ever bought? Although Obama lacks the Gippers formal training in lying to the masses, his skin color more than compensates.

"Mubarak could have been encouraged to change."
By whom?
Muhammad?
Allah?
Dick Cheney?

Anyone who was paying attention during the last thirty years knew Mubarak's legacy of serving rich Wall Street parasites at least as loyally as Reagan or Obama.

They were also aware of Mubarak's commitment to torture, not unlike Cheney and Obama.

His support for illegal US invasions in Afghanistan and Iraq should qualify as "lifting a finger to kill one of our kids", but that only makes "perfect sense" to those not hopelessly brainwashed by corporate talking points.

Like you and Dick and Obama.

Journalists tried to praise Obama for his participation in the Egyptian revolution. Experts said he should have remained silent in public and negotiated in private. He chose to go public again and again and again. He tried to own the revolution. Take credit for it. Now he's silent and he sends out Hillary to give speeches when he knows full well those Mullas will never listen to a woman. He's ether brilliant or totally ignorant.

Who's In Charge?

Right?

Right?

Hm."
Truthout

Haven't you got a revolution to organize?

Idiot.
I'm experiencing a temporary shortage of followers.

Tricky.

Forum List

Back