Democrats Get The Ball Rolling

Sarah G

When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left
Mar 4, 2009
NW Ohio
Much is left to do but I'm proud of my Ohio senator, Sherrod Brown and the others who got this Republican congress to take a baby step.

Filibuster Ends After GOP Agrees to Allow Gun Control Votes: Senator

Senate Democrats ended a nearly 15-hour filibuster early Thursday after Republican Party leaders reportedly agreed to allow votes on two proposed gun control measures.

Sen. Chris Murphy, a Democrat from Connecticut, said that a compromise had been reached. Votes would be held on whether to ban people on the government's terrorist watch list from obtaining gun licenses and whether to expand background checks to gun shows and internet sales, he added.

"We did not have that commitment when we started today," Murphy said.

GOP to Allow Gun Control Votes After 15-Hour Filibuster: Senator

Gun control is a farce. Red Herring

The water at the tap is turned off slowly

The democrats want your guns without question. And these laws will go by the way of other laws........

IGNORED by the ones my guns protect me from

-Geaux

Much is left to do but I'm proud of my Ohio senator, Sherrod Brown and the others who got this Republican congress to take a baby step.

Senate Democrats ended a nearly 15-hour filibuster early Thursday after Republican Party leaders reportedly agreed to allow votes on two proposed gun control measures.

Sen. Chris Murphy, a Democrat from Connecticut, said that a compromise had been reached. Votes would be held on whether to ban people on the government's terrorist watch list from obtaining gun licenses and whether to expand background checks to gun shows and internet sales, he added.

More gun control laws that don't work, that's the ticket.

It will work with a good database of people on the watch list. We have to learn to work with large groups of people and monitoring their activities on the computer.

One of the things that strikes me as odd is that there is a No Fly List that you can wind up on---like if you are peace activist. You have to sue the government in order to even know why you are on it. I think whatever it is that comes on the table needs to be dissected very carefully.

It will work with a good database of people on the watch list. We have to learn to work with large groups of people and monitoring their activities on the computer.
The huge unlimited central government already does this. The FBI was on to this shooter, but due to incompetence which is common with government, nothing was done.

Makes one think that the big unlimited central government WANTS these shootings to occur. What better way to dupe millions of Americans to freely giving up their gun rights?

...and let's not forget Obama's complicit actions in Fast and Furious, for which he should have been impeached and removed from office.

Rahamm Emmanuel famously said: "Never let a crisis go to waste."
Too many of these horrible events have gone unaddressed. It's time.

Time for what?

-Geaux
For Republicans to do some work for the people. They've been sitting on their hands for too long. Also, why is Trump talking with the NRA? Last I knew they don't influence policy. They are the last ones who should be influencing policy.

The huge unlimited central government already does this. The FBI was on to this shooter, but due to incompetence which is common with government, nothing was done.

Makes one think that the big unlimited central government WANTS these shootings to occur. What better way to dupe millions of Americans to freely giving up their gun rights?

...and let's not forget Obama's complicit actions in Fast and Furious, for which he should have been impeached and removed from office.

I'm not sure it was incompetence. From what I have read, they had an investigation but there was not enough evidence at the time.

I'm not sure it was incompetence. From what I have read, they had an investigation but there was not enough evidence at the time.
I do not believe that. Government is ALWAYS incompetent. It is a story as old as mankind.

Remember the incompetence that give us 9/11?

Sounds to me like some Republican need to lose their jobs, and I'm sure the NBA will assist with that. Also sounds like the Democrats are tweaking if they think any gun control measure will pass in either chamber.

Time for what?

-Geaux
For Republicans to do some work for the people. They've been sitting on their hands for too long. Also, why is Trump talking with the NRA? Last I knew they don't influence policy. They are the last ones who should be influencing policy.

The NRA represents over 5 million gun owners is one reason. Laws will not reduce or change a thing. The law effects the lawful, not the unlawful

-Geaux

I do not believe that. Government is ALWAYS incompetent. It is a story as old as mankind.

Remember the incompetence that give us 9/11?
Yeah, when the Republicans paid no attention to FBI warnings?

I mean, if it didn’t happen after Sandy Hook…I doubt anything will happen here. Especially in an election year.

I learned a lesson a long time ago in school. We were on the golf team. The girl I was playing with had a sunburn and didn’t want to carry her bag. So I carried her clubs in my bag. I was mistaken for the caddy even though I was winning every hole.

But then again, part of being a Southerner (besides thinking distilling liquor in your back yard should be an Olympic Sport) is hating being beholden to anyone. I think you were to scratch a lot of these dopes who hold seats from East Texas (you have to under stand East Texas starts in Texas and stops somewhere in the Atlantic), you’d find that they hate having to agree with the NRA’s press released down to every syllable even if they actually do.

Lesson: If you look like a caddy; you’re the caddy.
Lesson: If you look like you’re a puppet of the NRA, you’re a puppet of the NRA.

I’m wondering if this may be an opportunity for some of these puppets to try to assert their independence given that we’re inside of 5 months from election day.

I doubt it. But I’m willing to be surprised.

Time for what?

-Geaux

The NRA represents over 5 million gun owners is one reason. Laws will not reduce or change a thing. The law effects the lawful, not the unlawful

-Geaux
How would you know, you all have been railing against any gun laws. The banning of automatic weapons and attending to that watch list are two significant ways to start.

Forum List

Back