Democrats Get The Ball Rolling

Time for what?

-Geaux
For Republicans to do some work for the people. They've been sitting on their hands for too long. Also, why is Trump talking with the NRA? Last I knew they don't influence policy. They are the last ones who should be influencing policy.

The NRA represents over 5 million gun owners is one reason. Laws will not reduce or change a thing. The law effects the lawful, not the unlawful

-Geaux
How would you know, you all have been railing against any gun laws. The banning of automatic weapons and attending to that watch list are two significant ways to start.

Wrong. Automatic weapons are already banned, and as far as the watch list goes? Do you lefties also hate due process?
How did the shooter own one legally then? However you identify the things, people don't need to own an automatic military grade weapon. He killed 50 people with a legal automatic rifle.

He did NOT have an automatic weapon.

The NRA represents over 5 million gun owners is one reason. Laws will not reduce or change a thing. The law effects the lawful, not the unlawful

-Geaux
How would you know, you all have been railing against any gun laws. The banning of automatic weapons and attending to that watch list are two significant ways to start.

Its already harder than ever to buy an 'automatic' gun. The government definitely knows you very well if you applied for a auto license and were approved

-Geaux

And it should be the same way for high capacity semi autos. As was clearly displayed, they are far too dangerous just like machine guns.

No they're not. They are all acceptable risk we face every day in life.

-Geaux

50 dead and 50 injured in one shooting is not acceptable. Sad you value life so little. I'm confident he majority agree with me.

Which majority?

-Geaux

Much is left to do but I'm proud of my Ohio senator, Sherrod Brown and the others who got this Republican congress to take a baby step.

Filibuster Ends After GOP Agrees to Allow Gun Control Votes: Senator

Senate Democrats ended a nearly 15-hour filibuster early Thursday after Republican Party leaders reportedly agreed to allow votes on two proposed gun control measures.

Sen. Chris Murphy, a Democrat from Connecticut, said that a compromise had been reached. Votes would be held on whether to ban people on the government's terrorist watch list from obtaining gun licenses and whether to expand background checks to gun shows and internet sales, he added.

"We did not have that commitment when we started today," Murphy said.

GOP to Allow Gun Control Votes After 15-Hour Filibuster: Senator

Shame we don't still have the magazine limits and assault weapon ban we got with Clinton. Many lives would have been saved. By now hi cap magazines would be hard to come by. Just another huge mistake by the repubs.

The Clinton assault ban was proven to be unproductive therefore, allowed to expire

-Geaux

See the Orlando shooting. Would have limited the damage greatly. It has been proven we need a ban.

And what happened in Orlando is acceptable risk to live in America

-Geaux

No it is not. Just like machine guns, these other weapons for mass killing need to go.

Much is left to do but I'm proud of my Ohio senator, Sherrod Brown and the others who got this Republican congress to take a baby step.

Senate Democrats ended a nearly 15-hour filibuster early Thursday after Republican Party leaders reportedly agreed to allow votes on two proposed gun control measures.

Sen. Chris Murphy, a Democrat from Connecticut, said that a compromise had been reached. Votes would be held on whether to ban people on the government's terrorist watch list from obtaining gun licenses and whether to expand background checks to gun shows and internet sales, he added.

Shame we don't still have the magazine limits and assault weapon ban we got with Clinton. Many lives would have been saved. By now hi cap magazines would be hard to come by. Just another huge mistake by the repubs.

The Clinton assault ban was proven to be unproductive therefore, allowed to expire

-Geaux

See the Orlando shooting. Would have limited the damage greatly. It has been proven we need a ban.

-Geaux

No it is not. Just like machine guns, these other weapons for mass killing need to go.

Good luck with that

-Geaux

Its already harder than ever to buy an 'automatic' gun. The government definitely knows you very well if you applied for a auto license and were approved

-Geaux

And it should be the same way for high capacity semi autos. As was clearly displayed, they are far too dangerous just like machine guns.

-Geaux

50 dead and 50 injured in one shooting is not acceptable. Sad you value life so little. I'm confident he majority agree with me.

Which majority?

-Geaux

Of the country. The sane who can see nothing good comes from being able to get these weapons. Just putting everyone at greater risk. Our police should not have to regularly have shootouts with these things.

Bull shit. The shooter had 3 hours. He could kill 50 people with a single shot bolt action hunting rifle in 3 hours.

Lies are all the left has.

-Geaux

-Geaux

Good luck with that

-Geaux

It has never been so clear it is needed.

-Geaux

-Geaux

Which majority?

-Geaux

Of the country. The sane who can see nothing good comes from being able to get these weapons. Just putting everyone at greater risk. Our police should not have to regularly have shootouts with these things.

Please..... the drama.......

Its acceptable risk living in the US. How you manage your risk is up to you.

-Geaux

Bull shit. The shooter had 3 hours. He could kill 50 people with a single shot bolt action hunting rifle in 3 hours.

Lies are all the left has.

He would have been rushed and stopped. The the cop would have killed him in the initial shootout.

-Geaux

Which majority?

-Geaux

Please..... the drama.......

Its acceptable risk living in the US. How you manage your risk is up to you.

-Geaux

Like I said, the majority will disagree with you. No good comes from them. Why you wish to well arm the murderous I've no idea.

-Geaux

Wrong. Automatic weapons are already banned, and as far as the watch list goes? Do you lefties also hate due process?
How did the shooter own one legally then? However you identify the things, people don't need to own an automatic military grade weapon. He killed 50 people with a legal automatic rifle.

He did not buy an 'automatic' weapon. It is 'semi auto' Big difference

-Geaux
Not a big difference, it still killed a lot of people in a short amount of time. Nobody needs to be accomplishing that in America.

Huge difference, if only for anti-gun emotional rhetoric.

The killer had 3 hours. In three hours anyone could kill 49 people with any kind of gun at all.

A good first step

Time for what?

-Geaux
For Republicans to do some work for the people. They've been sitting on their hands for too long. Also, why is Trump talking with the NRA? Last I knew they don't influence policy. They are the last ones who should be influencing policy.

-Geaux

-Geaux

Easily proven to be bull shit.

He did not buy an 'automatic' weapon. It is 'semi auto' Big difference

-Geaux
Not a big difference, it still killed a lot of people in a short amount of time. Nobody needs to be accomplishing that in America.

Huge difference, if only for anti-gun emotional rhetoric.

The killer had 3 hours. In three hours anyone could kill 49 people with any kind of gun at all.

This could not have been done with a revolver or a derringer. He would have been rushed and stopped. More people would have had time to run out and escape. You can't really be this stupid.

-Geaux

No, not at all.

-Geaux

-Geaux

Easily proven to be bull shit.

No we have 50 dead and 50 injured, one mass shooting. That is the real proof.

-Geaux

No, not at all.

You are obviously not very smart.

-Geaux

-Geaux

Good luck with that

-Geaux

It has never been so clear it is needed.

Only to the weak minded.

-Geaux

No, not at all.

I already proved that you are wrong. If you deny that simple logic, the you are the one that isn't smart.

-Geaux

No, not at all.

I already proved that you are wrong. If you deny that simple logic, the you are the one that isn't smart.

You have proven nothing. The damage done in this shooting proves me right. Sorry reality disagrees with you.

Forum List

Back