Democrats move to take Trump off the ballot

Golfing Gator All good points. All will be met with personal attacks and a "just cuz...." response. Watch.
hey, it's also a good point that taxes are not a requirement, stop asking for them but let me know if those attacks are personal at this point, or still "best interest of the country" as billed.

Of course that isn't the subject. The subject is whether or not the states can craft their own rules for candidates to get on a ballot. Nice try at moving the goal posts though.
Republicans didn’t mind when they were crafting rules requiring birth certificates

Golfing Gator All good points. All will be met with personal attacks and a "just cuz...." response. Watch.
hey, it's also a good point that taxes are not a requirement, stop asking for them but let me know if those attacks are personal at this point, or still "best interest of the country" as billed.

Of course that isn't the subject. The subject is whether or not the states can craft their own rules for candidates to get on a ballot. Nice try at moving the goal posts though.
Republicans didn’t mind when they were crafting rules requiring birth certificates

And of course, the reason they tried it was exactly what they are now complaining about... supposed sour grapes on the part of the democrats.

except that requirement was on the books, it's not like they're modifying requirements because they lost.

however, yes. it is in the same vein. demanding taxes is to pretend those demanding it know more than the IRS. they don't. those demanding different birth certificates is to pretend they know what to do moreso than those who must check these things and it was just as stupid.

for people to get to that point they've been heavily vetted. hit them on merit, not bullshit.

but we're mired in bullshit anymore all around.

And of course, the reason they tried it was exactly what they are now complaining about... supposed sour grapes on the part of the democrats.
yep. i say this day after day in here.

we spend our time saying what the other side is doing is stupid. usually it is. only when "power flips" people now go on attack and do the very same things they said were stupid. it's either complete asinine stupidity or "revenge" cause "they did it". in the end to me, it's both and how we got so far off track.

for a 240+ year country we sure are acting a lot like 2 year olds.

we spend our time saying what the other side is doing is stupid. usually it is. only when "power flips" people now go on attack and do the very same things they said were stupid. it's either complete asinine stupidity or "revenge" cause "they did it". in the end to me, it's both and how we got so far off track.

Yes we are. We’re acting like two year olds.

How about we do this. Accept that it is probably good to know more about your candidates than less.

Taxes? Sure. Birthplace? Sure. Bankrupticies? Sure. Grades in School? Sure. The question is where to draw the line. I would say that if the average American experiences it when they go for a job interview—are they delinquent on their taxes, their credit rating, their education history, are they a citizen—having someone applying for the highest elected office in the land answer those same questions probably isn’t too big of an inconvenience.

What do you say?

Typical democrat hypocrisy. They will allow people in jail to vote, dead people to vote, non citizens to vote, but someone seeking re-election should not be on the ballot simply because they disagree with them. Democrats are nothing but coward bullies.

Oh, yeah, we're the only nation that requires you to prove who you are, huh. Moron.

How about we do this. Accept that it is probably good to know more about your candidates than less.

Taxes? Sure. Birthplace? Sure. Bankrupticies? Sure. Grades in School? Sure. The question is where to draw the line. I would say that if the average American experiences it when they go for a job interview—are they delinquent on their taxes, their credit rating, their education history, are they a citizen—having someone applying for the highest elected office in the land answer those same questions probably isn’t too big of an inconvenience.

What do you say?
if we need to change the laws in order to set a higher baseline - im fine with that. but that's not why we're doing this.

however, i've always said if they don't like the law work to change it, not go around it and whine. looks like the left is going to do both now.

What do you say?
if we need to change the laws in order to set a higher baseline - im fine with that. but that's not why we're doing this.

however, i've always said if they don't like the law work to change it, not go around it and whine. looks like the left is going to do both now.
Agree. The leftist media and democrats are telling us day after day that it's Trump that is the threat to democracy. Taking Trump off the ballot is the threat to democracy.

States move to require all presidential candidates to release taxes

All we hear from democrats are accusations that the GOP are tying to suppress the vote in a myriad of ways

Funny, I never heard one Republican suggest that the democrat nominee should be taken off the ballot.

That dear friends is called fascism. .

Shouldn't States be able to write their own rules?

Trump supporters are JUST LIKE those 'fake' christians that always 'pick & choose' the scriptures they use to sling shit at their enemies.

No, they DON't want states to make their own laws, if it upsets their 'shit on a stick' authoritarian conquests

All we hear from democrats are accusations that the GOP are tying to suppress the vote in a myriad of ways

Funny, I never heard one Republican suggest that the democrat nominee should be taken off the ballot.

Trump supporters are JUST LIKE those 'fake' christians that always 'pick & choose' the scriptures they use to sling shit at their enemies.

No, they DON't want states to make their own laws, if it upsets their 'shit on a stick' authoritarian conquests
So you're a Christian?

It is called states having the authority to make state law according to the respective states' desire.

Fascism is what Trump stands for & he can shove it just like you can.

What do you say?

Uhhh…isn’t passing a new requirement via the state legislature changing the law? Like if the state legislature raises the speed limit from 65 to 75…that is changing the law…right?

They do in some cases, they don’t in others. Just like the liberals to some degree.

I’ll repeat what I said earlier:

For some reason, they stopped caring about birth certificates after 2012

Democrats will stop caring after Trump. All other candidates have no problem showing their returns

It is called states having the authority to make state law according to the respective states' desire.

Bullshit. Taking Trump off the ballot is pure fascism. You're obviously scared of the people that vote for Trump.

For some reason, they stopped caring about birth certificates after 2012

Democrats will stop caring after Trump. All other candidates have no problem showing their returns
Trump doesn't have to show his tax business. There is no law requiring it.

Bullshit. Taking Trump off the ballot is pure fascism. You're obviously scared of the people that vote for Trump.

State legislatures have a right & a duty to make their laws according to the desire of the respective state.
You don't agree with that; that's your fucking problem, not mine.

Me afraid of Trump voters?
No; I feel sorry for you misguided assholes.

State legislatures have a right & a duty to make their laws according to the desire of the respective state.
You don't agree with that; that's your fucking problem, not mine.

Me afraid of Trump voters?
No; I feel sorry for you misguided assholes.
You mean democrats believe they have a right to take a duly elected President off the ballot simply because they can't beat him in a fair election. If we're so "misguided", then prove it in a fair election. You're afraid that the "misguided assholes" will win again. Fascist.

What do you say?

Uhhh…isn’t passing a new requirement via the state legislature changing the law? Like if the state legislature raises the speed limit from 65 to 75…that is changing the law…right?
this is simply adding to the requirements. again if in good faith because of an actual need, i'm all for it. as it stands i think it's just as stupid as demanding the taxes, but at least it's the "right" stupid approach.

Forum List

Back