Democrats move to take Trump off the ballot

States move to require all presidential candidates to release taxes

All we hear from democrats are accusations that the GOP are tying to suppress the vote in a myriad of ways

Funny, I never heard one Republican suggest that the democrat nominee should be taken off the ballot.

That dear friends is called fascism. .

Shouldn't States be able to write their own rules?
It's idiotic from the get-go. Will it really matter if VT, CA, NY etc. take Trump off the ballot, except to serve as fodder for the mockery of snowflakes?

I think it’s a terrible precedent myself. What’s next? Stating that you have to be a resident of that state to be on the ballot?

However, for those who preach that States should have the right to regulate a woman’s right to choose, run their own education departments, decide who can use what form of ID to vote…it’s interesting how those people are such ardent supporters of a state deciding it’s own course….right up until they are not for a state deciding its own course.

"I think it's a bad idea . . . now that I've read all these posts telling me to say that. BUT I'VE GOT TO SHOEHORN BABY-KILLING IN HERE! IT'S THE ONLY RIGHT THERE IS, AND NOTHING ELSE CAN EVER BE DONE IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO LET WOMEN KILL BABIES!!!

Golfing Gator All good points. All will be met with personal attacks and a "just cuz...." response. Watch.
hey, it's also a good point that taxes are not a requirement, stop asking for them but let me know if those attacks are personal at this point, or still "best interest of the country" as billed.

Who cares how it's billed? Your Cult45 brainwashing withstanding, there's absolutely nothing wrong with making state requirements for getting on the ballot. You non-conservatives only care about states rights when it benefits your candidates. Your only gripe here is that it could affect Orange. Lame.
god you're a presumptuous dick.

Who cares how it's billed? Your Cult45 brainwashing withstanding, there's absolutely nothing wrong with making state requirements for getting on the ballot. You non-conservatives only care about states rights when it benefits your candidates. Your only gripe here is that it could affect Orange. Lame.

Are you that stupid? States can make rules in accordance with the Constitution, but they cannot make additional requirements. The courts have already ruled on this. Remember term limits?

Are you that partisan? Why yes, yes you are. Signature requirements aren't in the Constitution either but are necessary in several states, so a precedent has already been set. And why aren't you bitching about that? Because it might affect your Orange messiah.

Those signature requirements are waived after sufficient voters cast ballots for the party wishing to have their nominees included. That is why Libertarians fought so hard to get on the ballots. Now, they will not have to ever do that again as long as there are sufficient voters in any given election.

How does that change the fact signature requirements are not in the constitution but still legal?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

He will have no cogent answer for this. Watch.
more like no answer you will accept that doesn't also demonize what you already hate.

watch.

All we hear from democrats are accusations that the GOP are tying to suppress the vote in a myriad of ways

Funny, I never heard one Republican suggest that the democrat nominee should be taken off the ballot.

Presidential elections are under federal jurisdiction. States cannot interfere.

Well maybe they can somehow manage to exclude themselves from participating in federal elections and that would be a good thing indeed.

I can dream can't I?

It is called states having the authority to make state law according to the respective states' desire.

Fascism is what Trump stands for & he can shove it just like you can.
Bullshit. Taking Trump off the ballot is pure fascism. You're obviously scared of the people that vote for Trump.

State legislatures have a right & a duty to make their laws according to the desire of the respective state.
You don't agree with that; that's your fucking problem, not mine.

Me afraid of Trump voters?
No; I feel sorry for you misguided assholes.
You mean democrats believe they have a right to take a duly elected President off the ballot simply because they can't beat him in a fair election. If we're so "misguided", then prove it in a fair election. You're afraid that the "misguided assholes" will win again. Fascist.

Respective state legislatures are replete with both Dems & Reps; STOP your goddamn whining .............

Releasing tax returns has been a tradition for decades. It gives the voters real insight into a candidate's financial world as to how he earns his money & where his investments are.

Trump refused after promising he would. Here you are defending that lie.

Since we can't trust Trump to do it, either he will have to or not be on the ballot.

Release them or not be on the ballot. Too bad for Littledick Donnie.

I just heard, "Anything that is against Trump is a great idea!!"

It’s true. After losing to the Republicans in 2016 the Democrats have employed a torch and burn approach. In fact here in Colorado they have disenfranchised every voter in the entire state. There is absolutely no reason I can think of for anybody in Colorado every casting a vote for president again.

Gov. Jared Polis signed a law Friday that would allot the state's electoral college votes to whichever candidate won the national popular vote. The Washington Postpreviously reported the law's signing.
Republican voters in California and Democrat voters in Alabama face the same thing.

The Electoral College favors smaller population states that tend be be Red.

Only to the extent that it lets them actually have a voice, instead of letting a handful of states with mega-cities run roughshod over everyone else.

I question whether such a move would be constitutional. Yes, the states have the power to regulate elections, which includes ballot access. However, this does not accomplish any legitimate interest in regulating ballot access. This only establishes a political test, with the effect of secretly creating an additional qualification for an elected federal office. And the states have no power to institute new or additional qualifications for elected federal offices.

How are financial record requirements political?

By turning them into a tool to advance a political agenda. Same way anything is political.

The reason CA is so screwed up is because the Democrat Party has no competition.
They've practically erased Republicans from the state.

There are 7 Republican house members from California.

There are Red states with just one or two Democrats.

Quit whining

"We want to change the entire system of government, but YOU are the one whining because you don't agree with us!"

It's a states right to determine what rules apply to candidates running for president in their state.

Within limits. Figures you wouldn't understand states' rights any more than you understand anything else you've spent years undermining before wanting to use it for your own ends.

Why are democrats so afraid of TRUMP being on the ballot in blue states?
That is not the issue and you know it. Why is Trump afraid to show his tax forms?

Maybe he doesn't want you hysterical leftist asshats to deflect the national conversation off of your asshattery even more by screaming as incoherently over every line of his return the way you do over every other nothing-burger you can invent.

Maybe he just doesn't think it's any of your business.

Requiring a candidate to tell the truth is fascism?

Who knew?

Setting arbitrary political tests is fascism. Who knew you didn't know what the fuck you're talking about? Everyone.

Golfing Gator All good points. All will be met with personal attacks and a "just cuz...." response. Watch.
hey, it's also a good point that taxes are not a requirement, stop asking for them but let me know if those attacks are personal at this point, or still "best interest of the country" as billed.

LOL, many Americans like myself reject Orange and the Cult, and that's all there is to it. :itsok:

LOL, many Americans like myself reject Orange and the Cult, and that's all there is to it. :itsok:
like i said - you'll accept no answer that doesn't join in to your hate-parade.

so - you basically said i am 100% correct - which makes you worthless to talk to. thank you for proving my point.

Shouldn't States be able to write their own rules?

Sure they can, unless:
Supremacy Clause: Any state law that conflicts with federal law is unconstitutional.
So trying to stack the deck by removing the electoral college or insisting on non constitutional demands in an effort to harm a candidate isn't going to wash.
Sorry, but we are going to re-elect Trump, in spite of liberal trickery.

so - you basically said i am 100% correct - which makes you worthless to talk to. thank you for proving my point.

You words are worthless partisan nonsense anyway. Orange promised to release his tax returns to the American public. He reneged on that promise, so it's open season on his ass until he concedes. As an American citizen, I fucking demand them now. I also don't support cons and liars. Why do you?

You words are worthless partisan nonsense anyway. Orange promised to release his tax returns to the American public. He reneged on that promise, so it's open season on his ass until he concedes. As an American citizen, I fucking demand them now. I also don't support cons and liars. Why do you?
bye johnboy - i got no time for your stupidity no matter how much you desire to show it off.

bye johnboy - i got no time for your stupidity no matter how much you desire to show it off.

Pussy.

Are you that stupid? States can make rules in accordance with the Constitution, but they cannot make additional requirements. The courts have already ruled on this. Remember term limits?

We’re talking about qualifications to get on the ballot ass-pirate, not telling voters who they cannot vote for someone whom they have already considered

Forum List

Back