Dems got the Trump Racism thing all wrong

Why didn't your ancestors stay where they came from?
My forefathers were educated and skilled workers. When they came to America they contributed at day one. Actually, my ancestors are irrelevant to this discussion. If you feel like you have to make this personal, then you obviously don't have any arrows in your quiver.

So you set a different standard for immigrants today :dunno:

Mine were dirt poor farmers out of Norway. In fact quite a few immigrants were dirt poor farmers and other types. They made our country great.

I'm sure your ancestors were good people. Most that came to this Country were. But in the age of terrorism the rules have changed. We need to protect our borders and properly vet everyone who comes here. That just seems prudent to me.

Second....America is a welfare state now. It was not when your family and my family came here. If our families didn't work as soon as they got off the boat they starved.

Today folks are entitled to benefits immediately whether they are here legally or not. Coyote...they are liabilities...not assets...until or if they are working and making good money. So I do not want unskilled people to drain away the assets of this Country to come here. Those assets should be for American citizens.

That is not racist...that is prudent. I have no obligation to someone from Mexico, Nigeria, or Sweden. They need to take care of their own people. If you want to come to this Country do so legally, accept our democratic values, have skills and be willing to work. Seems fair to me....how about to you?

The problem is...we WANT unskilled people too. We want people to herd sheep, alone, for years in the isolated regions of Montana or Idaho...we want people to do the back breaking work of picking produce and milking cows. We want people do do this stuff because we can't even get our own people to do it. My friend can't even hire a reliable kid to do simple farm chores anymore.

And yes, I agree - up to a point. I value diversity in immigration, and they should come in legally.
So you want a slave class to do your dirty work? How about teaching our kids how to work like we used to. Um, no one milks cows these days, machines do that.

Not at all, but thanks for misrepresenting things.

I'm pointing out the labor realities in this country. And you realize - someone has to hook up, monitor, and clean those machines yes?

Lets get real for a second. If you are partisan spinner on either side please leave now. Here's the deal. Trump made a stupid ignorant statement the other day when he said he didn't want people from Shithole countries coming here. His lackies are looking like fools trying to make excuses for him, trying to make this thing about a PC language issue or pretending that he was simply talking about the conditions of 3rd world countries, or spreading the idiotic narrative that he didn't even say it. Its embarrassing for them. On the flip side, the dems are over playing their hand by going after Trump as a Racist... Let me explain.

I understand the racist argument that the Left is making based on Trumps statements, but I believe that to be subjective and over played in this case. The real issue from what i've seen has more to do with class. Trump doesn't want poor uneducated people coming into our Country. His statement was discriminatory, no question, so lets be accurate and call it that. I don't think Trump would have a problem with a bunch of Ben Carson's coming into our country, I don't think it is a race issue.

Trump wants merit based immigration where we give priority to people who have proven that they have something to contribute to society. People with achievements in education, work, or monetary means have proven merit under his standards and those who are poor or uneducated do not have the same merit. I don't agree with Trump, I believe in giving people opportunity and that nobody is better than the other just because they are born somewhere else or born with more means than another. I also believe that people from poor countries represent a perspective that those from rich countries don't have. They have a great sense of appreciation for opportunity and the American dream because they have gone through the struggle of not having it. That is a valuable perspective to have.

I understand given Trumps history that a link can be made to say that he may assume people of color to fit a certain stereotype unless they have proven otherwise and with that a case for Racism could be made. However, I'd like to see our political discussion less polarized and hyperbolized and more realistic based on the facts. Dems should stop with the hyperfocus on Racism and call this what it is, class based discrimination... Reps need to stop being spin doctor puppets... and Trump needs to grow the fuck up and start acting like a leader
as far as i know it's never been proven he said those exact words. everything i've seen said it's a paraphrase.

second, if he said it, i don't really care, haiti is a shithole. hillary bilked them for millions and no one looked twice. i don't view it as racist at all however. white people live in shitholes too and if you want to call where they live a shithole, have at it.

third - this was a behind the doors meeting and as far as i'm concerned they should be able to talk openly. however, trump does push it and invites these types of responses. i don't doubt he said something like this, but i also don't doubt it's being pushed for maximum effect.

any port in a storm for the dems.

what bothers me is we now seem to feel we have a right to know and hear what is said behind closed doors in these meetings. we have zero idea what other presidents have said but when we hear how crass some can be, wow. in public they're fine. in private, they say trumplike things. trumps says it in public or private and doesn't really care what people think. people hate him for that, and yes, much much more.

while i don't agree on trump immigration policy, it's his choice to make just as it was for every other president before him.

the problem to me is the dems make everything trump does a crisis so when he does eventually go too far, no one really cares that the dems are in an uproar. they're in an uproar when he eats fried chicken so who gives a shit what they think?

overall i do agree both sides need to cut it out but that isn't happening as long as trump is trump and the fanatics are fanatical in their hate. EVERYTHING is a huge issue we must fix today and it sucks.

i'm tired of life in the extreme and can't wait til the rest of the country gets tired of it and quits pandering to the whiney and obnoxious on both sides.

My forefathers were educated and skilled workers. When they came to America they contributed at day one. Actually, my ancestors are irrelevant to this discussion. If you feel like you have to make this personal, then you obviously don't have any arrows in your quiver.

Mine were dirt poor farmers out of Norway. In fact quite a few immigrants were dirt poor farmers and other types. They made our country great.

I'm sure your ancestors were good people. Most that came to this Country were. But in the age of terrorism the rules have changed. We need to protect our borders and properly vet everyone who comes here. That just seems prudent to me.

Second....America is a welfare state now. It was not when your family and my family came here. If our families didn't work as soon as they got off the boat they starved.

Today folks are entitled to benefits immediately whether they are here legally or not. Coyote...they are liabilities...not assets...until or if they are working and making good money. So I do not want unskilled people to drain away the assets of this Country to come here. Those assets should be for American citizens.

That is not racist...that is prudent. I have no obligation to someone from Mexico, Nigeria, or Sweden. They need to take care of their own people. If you want to come to this Country do so legally, accept our democratic values, have skills and be willing to work. Seems fair to me....how about to you?

The problem is...we WANT unskilled people too. We want people to herd sheep, alone, for years in the isolated regions of Montana or Idaho...we want people to do the back breaking work of picking produce and milking cows. We want people do do this stuff because we can't even get our own people to do it. My friend can't even hire a reliable kid to do simple farm chores anymore.

And yes, I agree - up to a point. I value diversity in immigration, and they should come in legally.
So you want a slave class to do your dirty work? How about teaching our kids how to work like we used to. Um, no one milks cows these days, machines do that.

I'm pointing out the labor realities in this country. And you realize - someone has to hook up, monitor, and clean those machines yes?
Yeah, American farmers.

I posted a thread the other day of all the racist things he’s said and done from the 1970’s - present.
Saying he’s not a racist is ignoring the evidence.
It is counter productive in my opinion when you take a discriminatory comment that isn't racist on the face and turn it into a 24/7 multi-day headline of our Racist president. All it does is hyper polarize each side. You may strengthen your opposition to Trump but you are also strengthening his supporters in their opposition to you. The wings get stronger and the middle stays extremely frustrated.

Prior to this, I did not take his comments as racist so much as ignorant.

The latest one - when he takes all of Africa (almost entirely black) and Haiti (black) - and lumps them into one category "shithole" while holding up Norway...is very disconcerting.

It is difficult to take it any other way....
How is it difficult to think those countries are shitholes and norway isnt? Do we need to look at stats?
OTHER people invoked skin color. Unless the reports arent factual..
Would you rather let 200K civilized intelligent people come here, or savages that have a collective iq of 70?
Are you saying all those African immigrants who are getting all those advanced degrees in our best universities have IQs of 70?

I posted a thread the other day of all the racist things he’s said and done from the 1970’s - present.
It is counter productive in my opinion when you take a discriminatory comment that isn't racist on the face and turn it into a 24/7 multi-day headline of our Racist president. All it does is hyper polarize each side. You may strengthen your opposition to Trump but you are also strengthening his supporters in their opposition to you. The wings get stronger and the middle stays extremely frustrated.

The latest one - when he takes all of Africa (almost entirely black) and Haiti (black) - and lumps them into one category "shithole" while holding up Norway...is very disconcerting.

How is it difficult to think those countries are shitholes and norway isnt? Do we need to look at stats?
Would you rather let 200K civilized intelligent people come here, or savages that have a collective iq of 70?
Are you saying all those African immigrants who are getting all those advanced degrees in our best universities have IQs of 70?
:spinner:

Yeah, American farmers.

They aren't one man operations.

Savages with IQs of 70? What the fuck is wrong with you? Haitians are great people and they lost over 300,000 lives 8 years ago during an earthquake. 1.5 million people lost their homes. Let me say that again... 300,000 lives lost, 1.5 million homes. Take a minute and think about that compared to our great disaster that claimed 3000 lives. Just reflect on that for a minute.... if you don’t feel like a complete piece of shit for making the comments that you have in this thread then you need to go back and reflect some more.

Savages with IQs of 70? What the fuck is wrong with you? Haitians are great people and they lost over 300,000 lives 8 years ago during an earthquake. 1.5 million people lost their homes. Let me say that again... 300,000 lives lost, 1.5 million homes. Take a minute and think about that compared to our great disaster that claimed 3000 lives. Just reflect on that for a minute.... if you don’t feel like a complete piece of shit for making the comments that you have in this thread then you need to go back and reflect some more.
So natural disasters make people more intelligent? :eusa_think:

Lets get real for a second. If you are partisan spinner on either side please leave now. Here's the deal. Trump made a stupid ignorant statement the other day when he said he didn't want people from Shithole countries coming here. His lackies are looking like fools trying to make excuses for him, trying to make this thing about a PC language issue or pretending that he was simply talking about the conditions of 3rd world countries, or spreading the idiotic narrative that he didn't even say it. Its embarrassing for them. On the flip side, the dems are over playing their hand by going after Trump as a Racist... Let me explain.

I understand the racist argument that the Left is making based on Trumps statements, but I believe that to be subjective and over played in this case. The real issue from what i've seen has more to do with class. Trump doesn't want poor uneducated people coming into our Country. His statement was discriminatory, no question, so lets be accurate and call it that. I don't think Trump would have a problem with a bunch of Ben Carson's coming into our country, I don't think it is a race issue.

Trump wants merit based immigration where we give priority to people who have proven that they have something to contribute to society. People with achievements in education, work, or monetary means have proven merit under his standards and those who are poor or uneducated do not have the same merit. I don't agree with Trump, I believe in giving people opportunity and that nobody is better than the other just because they are born somewhere else or born with more means than another. I also believe that people from poor countries represent a perspective that those from rich countries don't have. They have a great sense of appreciation for opportunity and the American dream because they have gone through the struggle of not having it. That is a valuable perspective to have.

I understand given Trumps history that a link can be made to say that he may assume people of color to fit a certain stereotype unless they have proven otherwise and with that a case for Racism could be made. However, I'd like to see our political discussion less polarized and hyperbolized and more realistic based on the facts. Dems should stop with the hyperfocus on Racism and call this what it is, class based discrimination... Reps need to stop being spin doctor puppets... and Trump needs to grow the fuck up and start acting like a leader
as far as i know it's never been proven he said those exact words. everything i've seen said it's a paraphrase.

second, if he said it, i don't really care, haiti is a shithole. hillary bilked them for millions and no one looked twice. i don't view it as racist at all however. white people live in shitholes too and if you want to call where they live a shithole, have at it.

third - this was a behind the doors meeting and as far as i'm concerned they should be able to talk openly. however, trump does push it and invites these types of responses. i don't doubt he said something like this, but i also don't doubt it's being pushed for maximum effect.

what bothers me is we now seem to feel we have a right to know and hear what is said behind closed doors in these meetings. we have zero idea what other presidents have said but when we hear how crass some can be, wow. in public they're fine. in private, they say trumplike things. trumps says it in public or private and doesn't really care what people think. people hate him for that, and yes, much much more.

while i don't agree on trump immigration policy, it's his choice to make just as it was for every other president before him.

the problem to me is the dems make everything trump does a crisis so when he does eventually go too far, no one really cares that the dems are in an uproar. they're in an uproar when he eats fried chicken so who gives a shit what they think?

overall i do agree both sides need to cut it out but that isn't happening as long as trump is trump and the fanatics are fanatical in their hate. EVERYTHING is a huge issue we must fix today and it sucks.

i'm tired of life in the extreme and can't wait til the rest of the country gets tired of it and quits pandering to the whiney and obnoxious on both sides.
Haiti was devistated 8 years ago by an earthquake that claimed over 300,000 lives and displaced 1.5 million people. If you feel the need to call them a shithole then go right ahead but I think it’s a shameful approach to take. Not as shameful as our POTUS saying he doesn’t want people from poor countries here, to me that it’s where the real conflict is.

I agree, we shouldn’t be running to the press after private meetings but that’s been going on for decades. Trump needs to watch what he says around people he can’t trust and there are very few he should trust in Washington. He should know that by now

Wow, is that what you thought I said? Go back to your corner and reflect some more

Haiti was devistated 8 years ago by an earthquake that claimed over 300,000 lives and displaced 1.5 million people. If you feel the need to call them a shithole then go right ahead but I think it’s a shameful approach to take. Not as shameful as our POTUS saying he doesn’t want people from poor countries here, to me that it’s where the real conflict is.

I agree, we shouldn’t be running to the press after private meetings but that’s been going on for decades. Trump needs to watch what he says around people he can’t trust and there are very few he should trust in Washington. He should know that by now
i didn't say it wasn't without reason. obviously they need help. the clinton foundation was supposed to help, were they not? would they be a shithole today if she did what she promised? if we're to get upset at their situation however, we look to clinton who did far more damage than trump did.

trump was stupid for saying this, yes. but when behind closed doors you should be safe to say these things. but in the era of trump and everyone attack everything, it doesn't matter what he would have said, it would have been wrong. we need to allow our leadership to talk frankly behind closed doors w/o the fear of it getting out. period. but we're so anal these days we can't let that happen. i don't recall this happening much to any other admin. love trump or hate his ass, what happens behind those doors needs to stay there and a unified front needs to come out as it has for all other presidents before him.

so trump was stupid for saying it, IF HE SAID IT, (still not seen a direct quote) but even talking in this manner is sure to be held against him. i don't defend him on it, i just don't care and go nuts every time he says something remotely controversial.

just don't have that kind of time. :)

now let's take all of hillarys money and go work on haiti like she promised.

Wow, is that what you thought I said? Go back to your corner and reflect some more
Well, i fail to understand the relevance of discussing natural disasters and intelligence.

So why don't they make Africa a better place by staying there?

Why didn't your ancestors stay where they came from?

With less than two out of three Americans working I have a problem with bringing unskilled people illegally into this Country to do unskilled work. It depresses the wages of American citizens and makes illegals ripe for exploitation.

Millions of able bodied healthy adults receive food stamps, medicaid, TANIF, and countless other benefits. My solution.....work for Government benefits if you are able bodied. The jobs you mentioned could readily be done by legal and unemployed Americans who are able-bodied and on the dole.

You want food stamps. Work. You want free college. Work. You want free healthcare. Work. Seems reasonable to me. :)

Well, i fail to understand the relevance of discussing natural disasters and intelligence.
Good then let’s not discuss that. Sounds like you still have some reflecting to do. Are you ashamed of the ignorant, pompous and insulting tone you’ve taken in regards to a devistated nation yet?

:clap:
While I think there is an undertone of racism here in the fact that -- let's face it -- many third world countries experiencing tremendous poverty are black and brown, I think the class thing is much more apropos in describing Trump himself. He's a snob.
News flash--he's not going to grow up, though. At 71, he's who he is and will only become more so.

Good then let’s not discuss that. Sounds like you still have some reflecting to do. Are you ashamed of the ignorant, pompous and insulting tone you’ve taken in regards to a devistated nation yet?
Of course not. Why would i?

Because it’s true. You are being a douchebag and going after devistated people in a very pointed and ugly way while generalizing and stereotyping. So yes, you should absolutely be ashamed of yourself if you had any sort of self awareness.

Because it’s true. You are being a douchebag and going after devistated people in a very pointed and ugly way while generalizing and stereotyping. So yes, you should absolutely be ashamed of yourself if you had any sort of self awareness.
What does hurricane devastation from 10 years ago have to do with their intelligence? Were they smarter before that or something?
Haiti is a shithole country. So are most african countries.
Thats the way it is. Me not saying it wouldnt change anything. And neither does the weather :rolleyes:

What does hurricane devastation from 10 years ago have to do with their intelligence? Were they smarter before that or something?
Haiti is a shithole country. So are most african countries.
Thats the way it is. Me not saying it wouldnt change anything. And neither does the weather :rolleyes:
Ok man, keep telling yourself yourself whatever you need to feel better. You’re still a complete douche and that’s something you have to live with

:clap:
While I think there is an undertone of racism here in the fact that -- let's face it -- many third world countries experiencing tremendous poverty are black and brown, I think the class thing is much more apropos in describing Trump himself. He's a snob.
News flash--he's not going to grow up, though. At 71, he's who he is and will only become more so.
agreed. all the phaux rage is only going to encourage him at this point. it's a jacked up symbiotic game between the fanatics and anti-trumpers and trump.

Forum List

Back