Dems push psychological evaluations for gun owners and 'family members'

I don't need one you fuckin whimp.

Do tell, what would you do against somebody who is going to take your life with a gun? I studied martial arts right up to black belt, and even when I got to that point, my instructor told me there are no realistic moves against an attacker with a gun.

A couple points.
First off, if someone wants to kill you with a gun you will be dead. No one is gonna come up to you and say, "Hey, Ray, I am now going to pull a gun and shoot you" so that you have time to reach for your gun.
What is gonna happen is that you will hear a noise and effectively the same second fall dead to the ground.
Second, I have a better chance of being struck by lightening than being confronted by someone with a gun that wants to kill me. You have to be an ass hole to hide in a storm shelter every time it rains.

I have been confronted with a gun twice in my life, twice with a blade. I am still here, uncut and never shot.

You are a coward.

Only In the movies does a person who plans to kill another person with a gun point the gun at him and go into a long speech explaining the reason. Often the killer just walks up behind the target and fires a .22 caliber bullet in the back of his head at point blank range.

Do the democrats call for an 'evaluation' to exercise any other parts of the Bill of Rights?

I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted an "evaluation" to allow conservatives/Republicans to exercise ANY of the Bill of Rights.

Well, women have to have all those unnecessary tests to have an abortion in a red state. You have to have special forms of ID or you can't vote. The children of blacks and gays can't attend "Christian" schools. So many "special" conservative rules.

Got anything to support those claims, foreigner?

Are your fingers broken? Are you incapable of using Google or you just plain lazy, as well as ill-informed and gullible?

A massive Democratic gun-control plan that could be called the "head shrink job protection bill" would require weapon owners and their family members to undergo "psychological evaluations."
Gun owners also would have to pay the government $800 in "insurance" fees, and a long list of weapons simply would be banned.

Unconstitutional. Perhaps one day the Democrats will forward legislation that is, but it is not today.

It's amazing just how many people the Democrats have pissed off in just two weeks.

Dems push psychological evaluations for gun owners and 'family members'

If a woman wants an abortion, Republicans have insisted that she wait three days and think about it, view ultra sounds of the fetus, and undergo other unnecessary medical tests before the woman can have a legal abortion and you don't have any problem with any of these waiting periods, and additional restrictions. You're all for making it as difficult and expensive as possible to have an abortion.

If a Republican wants a gun, he or she should have to go through the same level of bullshit that a woman goes through to get an abortion. Fair is fair.

Please quote the Constitutional text specifically guaranteeing the right to abortion.

The 14th Amendment.

"No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. "

Laws which deny women the right to decide whether to have a baby denies her constitutional right to life and liberty. And don't start with rights for the zygote. It doesn't have rights.
Correct.

For the authoritarian right, it's not about abortion, it's about more government, bigger government at the expense of individual liberty.

You are a raving lunatic. The topic is the Authoritarian Left trying to take away rights.

You support that. The shit you are spewing from your face anus, is just an attempt to distract from your sides crimes.
The last thing the authoritarian right wants to see is abortion ‘banned’ – it’s a weapon conservatives use against the political opposition and a means by which the conservative base is energized.

The goal is to foment Republican minority rule through more government, bigger government at the expense of individual liberty.

The Republican Leadership, might use Abortion like that. Of course they are the moderates whom you sometimes pretend to have respect for.

The goal to the extent that is true, is to win elections, within the current system. That you cannot respect that, that you spin it as "authoritarian", is you not respecting our democratic two party system.

My point stands. This thread is about the Left trying to take away rights from the American people. You are trying to "muddy the waters" because you cannot defend the policies actions of this administration based on their actual merits.

Do the democrats call for an 'evaluation' to exercise any other parts of the Bill of Rights?

I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted an "evaluation" to allow conservatives/Republicans to exercise ANY of the Bill of Rights.

Well, women have to have all those unnecessary tests to have an abortion in a red state. You have to have special forms of ID or you can't vote. The children of blacks and gays can't attend "Christian" schools. So many "special" conservative rules.

Are your fingers broken? Are you incapable of using Google or you just plain lazy, as well as ill-informed and gullible?

That’s not how it works, brainless. Support your claims or STFU.

That’s not how it works, brainless. Support your claims or STFU.

Lefties just say shit. They know it is false, but by all of them constantly saying the same shit over and over again, they create the illusion of credibility, though the logical fallacy of Proof by Assertion.

'You're nuts.'
- Confiscate all of your guns
- Your trial date to fight this and get your guns back is set for a year from now
- Its going to cost you $$$ for lawyers fees & doctors fees
...and you still probably won't get your guns back

'You're nuts.'
- Your trial date to fight this and get your guns back is set for a year from now

And fighting it, becomes part of your record. you are now on a list, being watched extra carefully.

'You're nuts.'

Works for me.

Look, if someone is going to rat you out for being nuts to take your guns, it's probably because you've done something to concern them.

Every time we have a mass shooting we find out two things.

1) Everyone in that person's life knew he was nuts. (and it's almost always a he, women almost never engage in mass shootings.)
2) It was still way too easy for this person to get a gun.

So how about- we find out if a person is a nut before we give them a gun, and if we find out someone is a nut, we take guns away from them.

'You're nuts.'

That's what will happen if the Supreme Court doesn't smack this down, which will cost taxpayers millions of dollars we didn't need to spend. And the Nazis will fight this all the way to the top.

'You're nuts.'

Works for me.

Look, if someone is going to rat you out for being nuts to take your guns, it's probably because you've done something to concern them.

1) Everyone in that person's life knew he was nuts. (and it's almost always a he, women almost never engage in mass shootings.)

So how about- we find out if a person is a nut before we give them a gun, and if we find out someone is a nut, we take guns away from them.
Going to be interesting finding out suddenly all conservatives are 'nuts' & 'violent, like the McCloskeys, who were arrested and had their guns taken away, charged with 'illegal use of a firearms -- protecting their lives and home from trespassing, foreign-funded domestic terrorists threatening to kill them and burn down their home...

'You're nuts.'

Works for me.

And you learn the wrong things....

1) Mass public shootings are so rare they are more rare than lightning strikes...

Only one mass public shooting in 2020...access to guns, as gun sales boomed in 2020 is not the issue. The decision to commit a mass public shooting is the issue.

2) The Pulse night club shooter had a complete background check for his security job....he had gun background checks for each gun he purchased......the FBI was notified by a co-worker that he might be an extremist....they did a full year, complete FBI background check including 3 interviews with trained FBI interrogators, they also did an undercover approach by FBI agents.......and he cleared every single one of these actions....

Several other mass public shooters were known to local police, and to schools.....and because of the government, they were given a pass...in Particular the Florida school shooter who got a pass because of obama's Promise Program....known by the school and the police with about 30 interactions at home with the police....

We have over 600 million guns in private hands and now we have over 19.4 million people with the ability to legally carry a gun for self defense in public.....

One mass public shooting in 2020...

Access to guns isn't the issue in crime or mass public shootings....you just hate gun owners....people who never use their guns for crime......

Meanwhile...actual criminals who use guns for crime...get repeatedly released by democrat party prosecutors, judges and the democrat party politicians keep making laws releasing the most violent gun offenders....over and over again.........

That is the problem.....not access to guns..

'You're nuts.'

Works for me.

Going to be interesting finding out suddenly all conservatives are 'nuts' & 'violent, like the McCloskeys, who were arrested and had their guns taken away, charged with 'illegal use of a firearms -- protecting their lives and home from trespassing, foreign-funded domestic terrorists threatening to kill them and burn down their home...

Yep....that is the plan.........if it works for the 2nd Amendment.....likely they will try to use it for voting too.....if you are considered crazy, racist, and any other smear they can throw at you...why should you get to vote...you will only vote for racist terrorists....right?

You were classified as "unsafe to drive a truck". That someone with your rage issues ever was allowed to drive a truck is amazing in and of itself.

You weren't classified as 'unable to work any job in any capacity" There is absolutely nothing to stop you from getting another kind of work.

The thing that's stopping me is there are not any no-skill jobs that pay a livable wage. You can't start all over again at the age of 60 like you did at the age of 18. No place that offers medical insurance would consider me at any rate of pay. The government did this to me, so the government can compensate for the losses they inflicted on me. It's only fair because that's what I paid into my entire life. If you don't like it, my suggestion is to seek help for your severe OCD. Maybe if they get you on some medication or something, it won't bother you anymore.

I think it's the context.

If a Mob boss says "Nice business you have here, it would be a shame if something were to happen to it", anyone with a lick of sense would realize it wasn't valid concern for his business.

Military and Diplomatic professionals were so aghast at what Trump did they reported it to Congress. That's how horrified they were.

Right. Well see if a mob boss could get arrested and charged for saying that. The X person that told the head Nazi about Trump was part of the Nazi regime himself. That's why they bent over backwards to hide his identity. The Nazis needed to keep Zelensky quiet so he didn't rat out Dementia. So they used a fake impeachment to keep him quiet. Zelensky knew his money came from both places--the Congress and President. He was not about to get in the middle of a pissing contest between the two.

The first impeachment conducted with Thought Police. Orwell would be shaking his head today wondering why we didn't heed his warning.

Uh, guy, your employer threw you to the wolves, not the government.

My God are you Fn stupid. You've been bringing this up nearly every day for over a year now. It was government--not my employer that put me out of work. If it was my employer, I'd be able to find another job with a different company.

You were classified as "unsafe to drive a truck". That someone with your rage issues ever was allowed to drive a truck is amazing in and of itself.

You weren't classified as 'unable to work any job in any capacity" There is absolutely nothing to stop you from getting another kind of work.

The thing that's stopping me is there are not any no-skill jobs that pay a livable wage. You can't start all over again at the age of 60 like you did at the age of 18. No place that offers medical insurance would consider me at any rate of pay. The government did this to me, so the government can compensate for the losses they inflicted on me. It's only fair because that's what I paid into my entire life. If you don't like it, my suggestion is to seek help for your severe OCD. Maybe if they get you on some medication or something, it won't bother you anymore.

I think it's the context.

If a Mob boss says "Nice business you have here, it would be a shame if something were to happen to it", anyone with a lick of sense would realize it wasn't valid concern for his business.

Military and Diplomatic professionals were so aghast at what Trump did they reported it to Congress. That's how horrified they were.

Right. Well see if a mob boss could get arrested and charged for saying that. The X person that told the head Nazi about Trump was part of the Nazi regime himself. That's why they bent over backwards to hide his identity. The Nazis needed to keep Zelensky quiet so he didn't rat out Dementia. So they used a fake impeachment to keep him quiet. Zelensky knew his money came from both places--the Congress and President. He was not about to get in the middle of a pissing contest between the two.

The first impeachment conducted with Thought Police. Orwell would be shaking his head today wondering why we didn't heed his warning.

Orwell would be shaking his head today wondering why we didn't heed his warning.

See...that's the thing...the left wing read his books.....1984 and Animal Farm...they also read Brave New World, they watched Brazil, The Lives of Others, and recently the Hunger Games.......and they thought...yeah, this is exactly what we want.....

Time will tell if the firearms industry is sued out of existence. If it is you can bet the Democratic Party will be voted out of existence.

If this passes and the court doesn't interfere, that alone will put them out of existence. How many Independents own and use firearms for self-defense? No firearm user will be happy about this. Independents are a larger group than the Republicans or Democrats. Their only hope at winning another election would be if they cheat the system again with their stupid mail-in voting. Even then, they stand a slim chance.

You have no idea what you are talking about....

The Centers for Disease control did research and found that Americans use their legal guns 1.1 million times a year for self defense.....stopping rapes, robberies and murder...and that research was done in the 1990s when only 4.7 million people legally carried guns in public for self defense...that number is now over 19.4 million.......at that same time the Justice Department also did their own research and found Americans use their guns 1.5 million times a year......and those two government agencies were only 2 of about 17 different researchers...both private and public that did research on this.......

Come on Guy. You know what it's like presenting facts to a leftist. It's like showing Dracula a cross. If it's not happening in their front yard where they can see it, it's not happening at all.

Another lie.

The firearm industry won’t be sued out of existence.

Why not? If they lift liability restrictions, of course they can be sued out of business. What's stopping them? Every commie city across the country alone would be leveling lawsuits. My city wanted to do that here years ago. They decided it would be a waste of money since they had no chance at winning.

Both lies.

There won’t be any mental health exam as a prerequisite to possessing a gun.

Ownership of a firearm would also be restricted to those 21 and older. Individuals who meet the age requirement and apply for a federal gun license would then be ordered to undergo "a psychological evaluation." That evaluation would also be extended to "other members of the household in which the individual resides ... any spouse of the individual, any former spouse of the individual, and at least 2 other persons who are a member of the family of, or an associate of, the individual to further determine the state of the mental, emotional, and relational stability of the individual in relation to firearms."

Forum List

Back