Dems push psychological evaluations for gun owners and 'family members'

One way they will curtail firearm ownership by honest people is to increase the price of a interview with a psychologist to the point poor people can’t afford it.

Let’s not forget that gun control is always racist. The object is to keep blacks, Hispanics and poor whites from owning firearms because the wealthy fear them. The rich of course have no problem getting approval to own firearms. Trump for example has one of the few carry permits in New York City.

Biden's plans on his website (which the Congress has adopted in their bill) is to take liability protection away from gun manufacturers and sellers. That means if there is a murder in your city, your city's legal department can sue those outlets. Eventually everybody will sue them out of business, and with the exception of buying a used firearm (which will go way up in price) you will have no ability to get a new gun. Oh, and in his proposal, it would also be illegal to buy guns or ammo off the internet.

Once the firearm industry is sued out of existence gun manufacturing will go underground and firearms and ammo will be smuggled into our nation from other nations. Fully automatic weapons like the AK-47 will be common and fairly cheap.

of course if you use one these illegal weapons for legitimate self defense the authorities will throw the book at you but at least you or your family may live through the incident.

One way they will curtail firearm ownership by honest people is to increase the price of a interview with a psychologist to the point poor people can’t afford it.

Let’s not forget that gun control is always racist. The object is to keep blacks, Hispanics and poor whites from owning firearms because the wealthy fear them. The rich of course have no problem getting approval to own firearms. Trump for example has one of the few carry permits in New York City.

Biden's plans on his website (which the Congress has adopted in their bill) is to take liability protection away from gun manufacturers and sellers. That means if there is a murder in your city, your city's legal department can sue those outlets. Eventually everybody will sue them out of business, and with the exception of buying a used firearm (which will go way up in price) you will have no ability to get a new gun. Oh, and in his proposal, it would also be illegal to buy guns or ammo off the internet.

Once the firearm industry is sued out of existence gun manufacturing will go underground and firearms and ammo will be smuggled into our nation from other nations. Fully automatic weapons like the AK-47 will be common and fairly cheap.

of course if you use one these illegal weapons for legitimate self defense the authorities will throw the book at you but at least you or your family may live through the incident.

I suggest you educate yourself with what went down in 1934. Try reading a book instead of just eating the covers.

Why do you imagine you only need a gun if the perp has a gun? If your an old woman and some thugs break into your home, are you going to fight them with your bare hands?

I don't need a gun, period. I do not live in fear.
You have a better chance of being struck by lightening than being the victim of an assault

Only one time is necessary to blow your shoes and hair off.

True, which is the Democrat plot. Law abiding citizens will not deal with underground anything; criminals will. So it still leaves us in the same situation. The criminals and police are the only two entities that will have guns, and the law abiding disarmed.

There you go again. Editing the Constitution to suit your fantasy. Your bunch keeps removing the words "Due Process". Thankfully, the courts have kept that in. The fact that the Feds can't ban the whole spectrum of guns. Now, they can find something extraordinary and highly regulate that one weapon but they can't outright ban it. But the state can using Due Process.

I guess you weren't paying attention to when we did have a national gun ban on (what's called) assault weapons. The feds made it illegal to buy one, and even in pro-gun states, it was prohibited.

The right to keep and bear arms belongs to the people, and not to the states. The states have no more legitimate authority to violate this right than the federal government has.

Due process says they do. You just edited out those two words from the 14th Amendment. If you want to rewrite the Constitution, there are ways to do it.

I cannot figure out what kind of sense you thi9nk that response makes.

Where is “due process” defined as the authority of states to deprive law-abiding citizens of explicitly-affirmed Constitutional rights?

A massive Democratic gun-control plan that could be called the "head shrink job protection bill" would require weapon owners and their family members to undergo "psychological evaluations."
Gun owners also would have to pay the government $800 in "insurance" fees, and a long list of weapons simply would be banned.

Unconstitutional. Perhaps one day the Democrats will forward legislation that is, but it is not today.

It's amazing just how many people the Democrats have pissed off in just two weeks.

Dems push psychological evaluations for gun owners and 'family members'

If a woman wants an abortion, Republicans have insisted that she wait three days and think about it, view ultra sounds of the fetus, and undergo other unnecessary medical tests before the woman can have a legal abortion and you don't have any problem with any of these waiting periods, and additional restrictions. You're all for making it as difficult and expensive as possible to have an abortion.

If a Republican wants a gun, he or she should have to go through the same level of bullshit that a woman goes through to get an abortion. Fair is fair.

Please quote the Constitutional text specifically guaranteeing the right to abortion.

The 14th Amendment.

"No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. "

Laws which deny women the right to decide whether to have a baby denies her constitutional right to life and liberty. And don't start with rights for the zygote. It doesn't have rights.
Correct.

For the authoritarian right, it's not about abortion, it's about more government, bigger government at the expense of individual liberty.

You are a raving lunatic. The topic is the Authoritarian Left trying to take away rights.

You support that. The shit you are spewing from your face anus, is just an attempt to distract from your sides crimes.
The last thing the authoritarian right wants to see is abortion ‘banned’ – it’s a weapon conservatives use against the political opposition and a means by which the conservative base is energized.

The goal is to foment Republican minority rule through more government, bigger government at the expense of individual liberty.

Next if you wish to purchase a firearm the Dems will insist you allow them to look at your social postings and if you post conservative memes they will reject you as you must be a white supremacist. Of course if your postings show you support Antifa or Black Lives Matter you will be approved.

That's the whole evil plot by the left. They will choose select leftists shrinks that won't approve anybody. The left hates the Constitution. As such, they keep looking for ways around it.

Both lies.

There won’t be any mental health exam as a prerequisite to possessing a gun.

Firearm regulatory measures are not racist.

Another lie.

The firearm industry won’t be sued out of existence.

Sounds to me like YOU are trying to play victim.

How so? I'm merely explaining what the communists plans are. People buy the leftist lies when they take an action. Leftists actually believe they are coming for our guns to reduce violent crime.

And some people buy your lies as well. But most of us see through it all by staying informed. And we don't believe that YOU are informing us other than lying out your ass. Yes, Rump won by a landslide,right?
who knows with those bogus mail in ballots all for old senile Joe

You just can't those bogus mail in ballots. Otherwise, the proof would have been presented to at least 60 courts. The Big Lie is not getting a lot of people in trouble like Fox, OAN, Newsmax, Rudy and others. Since they were unable to back up the Big Lie, they are in the process of having their pocket books emptied out. Consdering Rump is still screaming it, I imagine that he's next on the clean out his pocket change.
I never had sex with that woman...ms lewinsky

Studies reveal that Americans use their firearms to stop a crime or for self-defense between 44,000 and 4 million times a year

complete and total horse shit. How can you believe such crap?
This is the same as believing Donald. You people are fuckin idiots.

You have no idea what you are talking about....

The Centers for Disease control did research and found that Americans use their legal guns 1.1 million times a year for self defense.....stopping rapes, robberies and murder...and that research was done in the 1990s when only 4.7 million people legally carried guns in public for self defense...that number is now over 19.4 million.......at that same time the Justice Department also did their own research and found Americans use their guns 1.5 million times a year......and those two government agencies were only 2 of about 17 different researchers...both private and public that did research on this.......

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

The name of the group doing the study, the year of the study, the number of defensive gun uses and if police and military defensive gun uses are included.....notice the bill clinton and obama defensive gun use research is highlighted.....

GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, no military)

DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, no military)

L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, no military)

Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, no military)

CDC...1996-1998... 1.1 million averaged over those years.( no cops, no military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, no military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, no military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops,no military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, no military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million ( the bill clinton study)

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, no military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

Next if you wish to purchase a firearm the Dems will insist you allow them to look at your social postings and if you post conservative memes they will reject you as you must be a white supremacist. Of course if your postings show you support Antifa or Black Lives Matter you will be approved.

That's the whole evil plot by the left. They will choose select leftists shrinks that won't approve anybody. The left hates the Constitution. As such, they keep looking for ways around it.

Both lies.

There won’t be any mental health exam as a prerequisite to possessing a gun.

Firearm regulatory measures are not racist.

Hopefully you are right that there will be no mental health exam to be “permitted” to own a firearm.

Firearm regulations are based in racism. The KKK ran wild in the black communities until the blacks obtained firearms and used them for self defense. One individual I have a good deal of admiration for is a man named Robert F. Williams.

1613802833001.jpeg

You stand a lot better chance with a gun against an attacker than without.

Actually, no you don't. FACT.
If I have a gun and intend to victimize you, all you gun can do is make a bad situation worse.

If I see somebody that looks suspicious, my hand is on my gun already.

Looks suspicious? In my 65 years I have never been able to identify someone who is carrying a gun and intent on using it against me by how they look. Maybe you are clairvoyant? That is the only way to explain your mysterious power.

But if I look in my rear view mirror, see a passenger get out and running towards my car, my gun will be pointed at his head before he can take a stance. Here, it's legal to kill somebody trying to break into your vehicle while you are in it if you're licensed like I am.

Does this happen often to you?
This has never happened to me and I have had a gun pulled on me twice, as I have said.

Nevertheless, you can do whatever you like. Just quit trying to stop others from doing the same. When I carry, I don't expect to use my weapon, but like my car insurance that I really don't need, my house insurance, it's good to have it just in case you do need it. If you want to go out uninsured, that's your business.

A gun is not insurance. In fact, you would be charged an surcharge for carrying a gun as it increases not decreases the probability you will be injured by one.

Read you post again. Someone is gonna attack you at a stop light, people look suspicious to you. Good grief you live your life in fear. What a terrible way to live.

You don't know what you are talking about....do you just pull your posts from your ass....because you aren't getting your "information" from any real source....

And here we have studies that show that guns are the most effective way to stop a rape.....

Guns Effective Defense Against Rape

A woman using a gun is less likely to be raped and more likely to not be injured during the attack....

Guns Effective Defense Against Rape

However, most recent studies with improved methodology are consistently showing that the more forceful the resistance, the lower the risk of a completed rape, with no increase in physical injury. Sarah Ullman's original research (Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 1998) and critical review of past studies (Criminal Justice and Behavior, 1997) are especially valuable in solidifying this conclusion.

I wish to single out one particular subtype of physical resistance: Use of a weapon, and especially a firearm, is statistically a woman's best means of resistance, greatly enhancing her odds of escaping both rape and injury, compared to any other strategy of physical or verbal resistance. This conclusion is drawn from four types of information.

First, a 1989 study (Furby, Journal of Interpersonal Violence) found that both male and female survey respondents judged a gun to be the most effective means that a potential rape victim could use to fend off the assault. Rape "experts" considered it a close second, after eye-gouging.

Second, raw data from the 1979-1985 installments of the Justice Department's annual National Crime Victim Survey show that when a woman resists a stranger rape with a gun, the probability of completion was 0.1 percent and of victim injury 0.0 percent, compared to 31 percent and 40 percent, respectively, for all stranger rapes (Kleck, Social Problems, 1990).

Third, a recent paper (Southwick, Journal of Criminal Justice, 2000) analyzed victim resistance to violent crimes generally, with robbery, aggravated assault and rape considered together. Women who resisted with a gun were 2.5 times more likely to escape without injury than those who did not resist and 4 times more likely to escape uninjured than those who resisted with any means other than a gun. Similarly, their property losses in a robbery were reduced more than six-fold and almost three-fold, respectively, compared to the other categories of resistance strategy.

Fourth, we have two studies in the last 20 years that directly address the outcomes of women who resist attempted rape with a weapon. (Lizotte, Journal of Quantitative Criminology, 1986; Kleck, Social Problems, 1990.) The former concludes,"Further, women who resist rape with a gun or knife dramatically decrease their probability of completion." (Lizotte did not analyze victim injuries apart from the rape itself.) The latter concludes that "resistance with a gun or knife is the most effective form of resistance for preventing completion of a rape"; this is accomplished "without creating any significant additional risk of other injury."

The best conclusion from available scientific data, then, is when avoidance of rape has failed and one must choose between being raped and resisting, a woman's best option is to resist with a gun in her hands.

So, again a woman's best chance for stopping the rape and ultimately surviving the situation is to use a gun.....

Another lie.

The firearm industry won’t be sued out of existence.

Time will tell if the firearms industry is sued out of existence. If it is you can bet the Democratic Party will be voted out of existence.

Well you don't get to make the rules OCD, the government does. If you want to change the rules, get a job with our federal government as a bureaucrat and change them, or get rid of the program for younger people entirely. Like I said, they threw me out to the wolves. I'm a 60 year old with no experience at anything except my profession. After you spewed your hot air making claim I can find a livable wage job amid a pandemic with 6.5% unemployment at my age, you failed. Even you know it's not out there.

Uh, guy, your employer threw you to the wolves, not the government.

You also gave up on working long before TRUMP PLAGUE and TRUMP RECESSION came along... but if that works for an excuse for you, go ahead.

A lot of my resume clients have had no problem finding jobs despite the recession and plague.

Yes they do, but they are classified as able to work but don't want to. I was classified by the US government unable to work. You're just too much of a moron to understand the difference.

You were classified as "unsafe to drive a truck". That someone with your rage issues ever was allowed to drive a truck is amazing in and of itself.

You weren't classified as 'unable to work any job in any capacity" There is absolutely nothing to stop you from getting another kind of work.

That's what the first impeachment was about. Trump asked a leader of another country to "do him a favor." Because the Democrats have advanced to Thought Police from their Bible, they impeached Trump on what they thought he really meant, not the words he used.

I think it's the context.

If a Mob boss says "Nice business you have here, it would be a shame if something were to happen to it", anyone with a lick of sense would realize it wasn't valid concern for his business.

Military and Diplomatic professionals were so aghast at what Trump did they reported it to Congress. That's how horrified they were.

I don't need one you fuckin whimp.

Do tell, what would you do against somebody who is going to take your life with a gun? I studied martial arts right up to black belt, and even when I got to that point, my instructor told me there are no realistic moves against an attacker with a gun.

A couple points.
First off, if someone wants to kill you with a gun you will be dead. No one is gonna come up to you and say, "Hey, Ray, I am now going to pull a gun and shoot you" so that you have time to reach for your gun.
What is gonna happen is that you will hear a noise and effectively the same second fall dead to the ground.
Second, I have a better chance of being struck by lightening than being confronted by someone with a gun that wants to kill me. You have to be an ass hole to hide in a storm shelter every time it rains.

I have been confronted with a gun twice in my life, twice with a blade. I am still here, uncut and never shot.

You are a coward.

I have been at the wrong end of a gun barrel three times in my life. It is amazing how large the hole in the barrel looks when a gun is pointed at you.

I was doing nothing wrong but the individual holding the gun thought I was. Fortunately since they were at close range they didn’t over react and shoot me.

Things ended peacefully.

Forum List

Back