Dems push psychological evaluations for gun owners and 'family members'

The last thing the authoritarian right wants to see is abortion ‘banned’ – it’s a weapon conservatives use against the political opposition and a means by which the conservative base is energized.

The goal is to foment Republican minority rule through more government, bigger government at the expense of individual liberty.

Putting people through all what they want to put us through to exercise our gun rights, and you think abortion is an expense of individual liberty? :rolleyes:

See...that's the thing...the left wing read his books.....1984 and Animal Farm...they also read Brave New World, they watched Brazil, The Lives of Others, and recently the Hunger Games.......and they thought...yeah, this is exactly what we want.....

They also read about Hitler and his success after he disarmed the public, and said the same thing "Yes, this is exactly what we want."

Studies reveal that Americans use their firearms to stop a crime or for self-defense between 44,000 and 4 million times a year

complete and total horse shit. How can you believe such crap?
This is the same as believing Donald. You people are fuckin idiots.

You have no idea what you are talking about....

The Centers for Disease control did research and found that Americans use their legal guns 1.1 million times a year for self defense.....stopping rapes, robberies and murder...and that research was done in the 1990s when only 4.7 million people legally carried guns in public for self defense...that number is now over 19.4 million.......at that same time the Justice Department also did their own research and found Americans use their guns 1.5 million times a year......and those two government agencies were only 2 of about 17 different researchers...both private and public that did research on this.......

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

The name of the group doing the study, the year of the study, the number of defensive gun uses and if police and military defensive gun uses are included.....notice the bill clinton and obama defensive gun use research is highlighted.....

GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, no military)

DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, no military)

L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, no military)

Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, no military)

CDC...1996-1998... 1.1 million averaged over those years.( no cops, no military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, no military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, no military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops,no military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, no military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million ( the bill clinton study)

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, no military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

God Bless you, nothing else is going to help.

Peace

One way they will curtail firearm ownership by honest people is to increase the price of a interview with a psychologist to the point poor people can’t afford it.

Let’s not forget that gun control is always racist. The object is to keep blacks, Hispanics and poor whites from owning firearms because the wealthy fear them. The rich of course have no problem getting approval to own firearms. Trump for example has one of the few carry permits in New York City.

Biden's plans on his website (which the Congress has adopted in their bill) is to take liability protection away from gun manufacturers and sellers. That means if there is a murder in your city, your city's legal department can sue those outlets. Eventually everybody will sue them out of business, and with the exception of buying a used firearm (which will go way up in price) you will have no ability to get a new gun. Oh, and in his proposal, it would also be illegal to buy guns or ammo off the internet.

Once the firearm industry is sued out of existence gun manufacturing will go underground and firearms and ammo will be smuggled into our nation from other nations. Fully automatic weapons like the AK-47 will be common and fairly cheap.

of course if you use one these illegal weapons for legitimate self defense the authorities will throw the book at you but at least you or your family may live through the incident.
Another lie.

The firearm industry won’t be sued out of existence.
Where's the proof of that?

I don't need one you fuckin whimp.

Do tell, what would you do against somebody who is going to take your life with a gun? I studied martial arts right up to black belt, and even when I got to that point, my instructor told me there are no realistic moves against an attacker with a gun.

A couple points.
First off, if someone wants to kill you with a gun you will be dead. No one is gonna come up to you and say, "Hey, Ray, I am now going to pull a gun and shoot you" so that you have time to reach for your gun.
What is gonna happen is that you will hear a noise and effectively the same second fall dead to the ground.
Second, I have a better chance of being struck by lightening than being confronted by someone with a gun that wants to kill me. You have to be an ass hole to hide in a storm shelter every time it rains.

I have been confronted with a gun twice in my life, twice with a blade. I am still here, uncut and never shot.

You are a coward.

Only In the movies does a person who plans to kill another person with a gun point the gun at him and go into a long speech explaining the reason. Often the killer just walks up behind the target and fires a .22 caliber bullet in the back of his head at point blank range.

exactly! In real life, you never see the gun, you are dead without any warning at all.

Do tell, what would you do against somebody who is going to take your life with a gun? I studied martial arts right up to black belt, and even when I got to that point, my instructor told me there are no realistic moves against an attacker with a gun.

A couple points.
First off, if someone wants to kill you with a gun you will be dead. No one is gonna come up to you and say, "Hey, Ray, I am now going to pull a gun and shoot you" so that you have time to reach for your gun.
What is gonna happen is that you will hear a noise and effectively the same second fall dead to the ground.
Second, I have a better chance of being struck by lightening than being confronted by someone with a gun that wants to kill me. You have to be an ass hole to hide in a storm shelter every time it rains.

I have been confronted with a gun twice in my life, twice with a blade. I am still here, uncut and never shot.

You are a coward.

Only In the movies does a person who plans to kill another person with a gun point the gun at him and go into a long speech explaining the reason. Often the killer just walks up behind the target and fires a .22 caliber bullet in the back of his head at point blank range.

exactly! In real life, you never see the gun, you are dead without any warning at all.
In real life one to two million people use guns to defend themselves every year.

A couple points.

You are a coward.

In real life one to two million people use guns to defend themselves every year.

Honest, this stupidity infuriates me. It's complete horse shit.
Some of you jerkoff too have posted how a gun has protected you. You are a joke. "He looked like a bad man so I pulled my jacket back to expose my CC"
You are pathetic worms to think like this.

A couple points.

You are a coward.

Some of you jerkoff too have posted how a gun has protected you. You are a joke. "He looked like a bad man so I pulled my jacket back to expose my CC"
That must be you're way of admitting that you lost the argument.

There you go again. Editing the Constitution to suit your fantasy. Your bunch keeps removing the words "Due Process". Thankfully, the courts have kept that in. The fact that the Feds can't ban the whole spectrum of guns. Now, they can find something extraordinary and highly regulate that one weapon but they can't outright ban it. But the state can using Due Process.

I guess you weren't paying attention to when we did have a national gun ban on (what's called) assault weapons. The feds made it illegal to buy one, and even in pro-gun states, it was prohibited.

And what President signed that? Your Hero Ronnie. But since then, the courts have made a ruling on the AR and AK rifles and the STATE can pretty much do whatever they want to do with them. Some states outright ban while others limit what one can be and others allow everything. YOu have to be very word specific on whatever law is passed at the State Level. And even then, it's not a real ban, it's a regulated law.

Sorry, but your whining and playing victim has gotten old about a decade ago.

A couple points.

You are a coward.

And if someone does that to me, he will be arrested for assault with a deadly weapon. No on with any sense does that. Only in the movies. Attend a decent CCW class and find out why.

A couple points.

You are a coward.

And if someone does that to me, he will be arrested for assault with a deadly weapon. No on with any sense does that. Only in the movies. Attend a decent CCW class and find out why.
The perp being arrested isn't going to do you much good if you're dead or severely injured, moron.

The right to keep and bear arms belongs to the people, and not to the states. The states have no more legitimate authority to violate this right than the federal government has.

Due process says they do. You just edited out those two words from the 14th Amendment. If you want to rewrite the Constitution, there are ways to do it.

I cannot figure out what kind of sense you thi9nk that response makes.

Where is “due process” defined as the authority of states to deprive law-abiding citizens of explicitly-affirmed Constitutional rights?

You want the 2nd amendment to be more specific, get it rewritten in modern terms. Right now, with the changes since 1898, most of the 2nd has become jibberish. It needs to be rewritten to modern standards. The answer to your "Shall Not Infringe" has always been "except for due process".

A couple points.

You are a coward.

what on earth are you talking about? Are you replying to me?

If so, WTF??? It is perfectly legal if someone gets a brief look at your weapon. What do movies have to do with any of this?

A massive Democratic gun-control plan that could be called the "head shrink job protection bill" would require weapon owners and their family members to undergo "psychological evaluations."
Gun owners also would have to pay the government $800 in "insurance" fees, and a long list of weapons simply would be banned.

Unconstitutional. Perhaps one day the Democrats will forward legislation that is, but it is not today.

It's amazing just how many people the Democrats have pissed off in just two weeks.

Yes, the last thing we'd want is for crazy people to be denied access to guns.

Instead, we need to keep teaching our kids to do Active Shooter Drills and cower behind their desks.
Maybe they should give a civics test before a person is allowed to vote

fe5d6d80bfca64770ca34dd19260b440.jpg

If WorldNutDaily reported it - It's GOTTA be true! :lol:
For anyone interested, this bill was originally introduced in 2019, it died in committee and here's what it actually said:

The legislation was introduced January 4 and has currently been referred to the House Judiciary Committee. Jackson Lee introduced a similar bill with the same name last year that got some attention before dying in a subcommittee. In theory it has a better chance than last year with Democrats in control of Congress and Biden in the White House. But without any cosponsors, this bill isn't likely to go much further.

Factually the Supreme Court threw out those laws.

Only because the NRA spent billions lobbying against them.

And you got just enough knuckle draggers on the court to think 'Well-Regulated Militia" means THESE guys.

View attachment 452788
"A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
The Militia
George Mason is known as the father of the bill of rights it was his belief that the people were the militia
"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
Bear Arms

10 USC § 311 - Militia: composition and classes
(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are—
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

In the regular military and the national guard you are not allowed to keep the firearm you carry while on duty.
It is the unorganized militia that the average citizen is a part of.

Here is a member of the unorganized Militia
152503147_170707258187206_4717191394286591733_o.jpg

Forum List

Back