Diaper crisis in America!!!

I felt horrible when my son was 3 and not potty trained, then I talked to someone who knew what they are talking about. It is not realistic at all to expect your child to be potty trained at 18 months old.
My son has a sensory perception disorder, he didn't care that he had a soiled diaper or underwear. Which makes it very hard to potty train. Finally, I listened to an expert, not a loser on a message board and their method worked in a few weeks, plus my son was ready to potty train.
Every expert will tell you, if they are not ready, there is no point.

Yep. I have one with Aspergers which is a high functioning type of Autism and for some reason he has been VERY HARD to potty train...he does great for days on end and then just he stops....Hopefully we will get answers to helping him soon...I got a feeling he has the SPD as well...I have asked and asked why he does it just gives me reasons and I fix the problems ya know not being to reach toilet,can't reach toilet paper etc etc...he gets so entranced when watching his little toy videos on the computer he just forgets or something...thankfully the oldest is potty trained fully and the youngest I don't forsee any problems but its all different for different kids.
From what I read, most children with Aspergers have a sensory perception disorder.

The best thing I did was have a conservation with my son, he is very independent, and stubborn. So with the suggestion of an expert( not someone on a message board who had three years off to become a judgmental parent), I told him it was up to him now. He knows what to do, he knows he needs to go in the potty, I was no longer going to get mad etc.., I would help him, but it was up to him to decide to do this. And I put it like that, and I stuck to it. Two weeks later he was no longer pooping in his pants, and stopped having accidents at night. Well not completely. LOL He is a boy who likes to put it off.

As for other help, I was lucky enough to get him into PT, OT, and speech therapy a few months before he turned two. He is a pretty normal kid now. When he broke his arm he didn't cry much though. The nurses couldn't believe he didn't cry when he came out of surgery when they had to put two screws in.

Yep that's my son. Lol..except yesterday he tried head butting me and missed me and bumped the chair...I don't think his is as bad as most kids because he sure felt that...but he is VERY DARING....gonna be the kid that goes in the military for the Rangers or Airborne or something LOL...he has been doing really good for 3 days now but earlier he either forgot or got wrapped up in a video he was watching he peed in the office chair...didn't get mad just little frustrated...he has first appt to get diagnosed officially in December.Dreading first semester of school.

How did you have the time to do all that and work full time? Damn you're hard core.

I had a 3 year maternity leave. I did not work.

LOL! Well why don't all these poor women just take three YEAR maternity leave? They can take their 3 years maternity leave, and pay for it by skipping their spa treatments every now and then. We'll let them eat cake, while we're at it.

They afre on a constant maternity leave - they do not work

Welcome to 2013. My wife and I both work full time. She took 3 MONTHS of maternity leave - not years - and we consider ourselves very lucky she was able to take that much. So what you mistake for 'laziness' is really more like 'don't have the fucking time'. Must have been nice to be able to take 3 years off so you could be supermom and look down your nose at mothers who work and don't have the time to wash cloth diapers (which according to you makes them lazy).

Hey guess what? All that bottle sterilization crap you probably thought you 'had' to do religiously? Turns out science has figured out making the bottles overly sterile reduces the ability of the infants immune system to develop. So your baby was worse off for all the pain in the ass of bottle sterilzation. We wash ours in the sink or run it through the dishwasher (a luxury lots of folks don't have, maybe you weren't aware) - and we're done. So HA! You wasted your time.

:rolleyes:

How do you know what I did? If I had a 3 year maternity leave you could have guessed ( if you would be a bit smarter) that it was not in the US - not everybody in the world goes with pendulum swings of American medicine and pediatrics :lol:
Some use common sense and ages-old experience of mothers, grandmothers and before.

I am glad we have some judgmental perfect parents in this thread.

Not judgemental at all.

It is my experience it takes one solid week of dedication to change/teach a skill or behavior.

I call it 5 days of hell lol

But I do not give in.

And that in my experience is how to "fix" any kid thing. That's how I roll that's how many of my friends roll.

And then there are the screamers in the store and restaurants. Same thing applies to potty training and everything in between.

But that's me.

I am glad that worked for you.
Some us are not so lucky.

As for screaming in the store. My son is almost perfect when it comes to that. Kid is a wild child, but he loves the store and has thrown one temper tantrum( knock on wood) his whole life in a store...But that doesn't count touching everything.

When do you find time to go to the store? you are on here pretty much all day every day. Lecturing people on parenting skills would go over better if actually ever did any parenting.

That's great.
And in those third world countries, where are they going to the bathroom?

check the web - I am not doing all the job for you, your majesty :lol:
rhetorical question
n.
A question to which no answer is expected, often used for rhetorical effect.
;)

rhetorical effect on WHAT?

how in the world would I know what they use in the third world countries ( and which ones) for the bathroom? or where "they" are going?
you ask a moronic question which does not have an answer and expect what?

+1048

I can't even believe this is such an issue.

The problem is it takes patience and a full week to teach a skill to a kid with continual dedication and reinforcement.

That means "work"

It's far easier to slap a diaper on or whatever correction is. Fill the landfill and be lazy.

You have been posting steady since 9.11am today....no wonder you perfer disposable diapers....no time time to be a parent or do the laundry eh? My wife and I did not have the time to spend all day on the internet when we were raising our kids. We were too busy working and parenting.
So you are assuming I have no job and I am neglecting my child because I have spent one day posting quite a bit?
Like I said, I love judgmental perfect parents.

But I will let you know, I paid for my own diapers, I have also worked quite a bit of overtime so I can pay for my child, I don't get food stamps. Oh! And my son is spending the day with his cousins, because I took his cousins last saturday. So yes, because I have break today I am posting on the internet, I might even take a nap soon.

check the web - I am not doing all the job for you, your majesty :lol:
rhetorical question
n.
A question to which no answer is expected, often used for rhetorical effect.
;)

rhetorical effect on WHAT?

how in the world would I know what they use in the third world countries ( and which ones) for the bathroom? or where "they" are going?
you ask a moronic question which does not have an answer and expect what?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I am all for PERSONALIZED help to a particular individual - but I am totally against the uniform, blanket unaudited new government handout in form of the diapers.

There is a new government handout of diapers? Are you suggesting there has been a policy change? or are you speaking about what might happen?

that what is the whole purpose of the article.

It is not YET there.

And I do not want it to happen.

Nor do I.

I had a 3 year maternity leave. I did not work.

LOL! Well why don't all these poor women just take three YEAR maternity leave? They can take their 3 years maternity leave, and pay for it by skipping their spa treatments every now and then. We'll let them eat cake, while we're at it.

Welcome to 2013. My wife and I both work full time. She took 3 MONTHS of maternity leave - not years - and we consider ourselves very lucky she was able to take that much. So what you mistake for 'laziness' is really more like 'don't have the fucking time'. Must have been nice to be able to take 3 years off so you could be supermom and look down your nose at mothers who work and don't have the time to wash cloth diapers (which according to you makes them lazy).

Hey guess what? All that bottle sterilization crap you probably thought you 'had' to do religiously? Turns out science has figured out making the bottles overly sterile reduces the ability of the infants immune system to develop. So your baby was worse off for all the pain in the ass of bottle sterilzation. We wash ours in the sink or run it through the dishwasher (a luxury lots of folks don't have, maybe you weren't aware) - and we're done. So HA! You wasted your time.

How do you know what I did? If I had a 3 year maternity leave you could have guessed ( if you would be a bit smarter) that it was not in the US - not everybody in the world goes with pendulum swings of American medicine and pediatrics :lol:
Some use common sense and ages-old experience of mothers, grandmothers and before.

Are you military?

You have been posting steady since 9.11am today....no wonder you perfer disposable diapers....no time time to be a parent or do the laundry eh? My wife and I did not have the time to spend all day on the internet when we were raising our kids. We were too busy working and parenting.
So you are assuming I have no job and I am neglecting my child because I have spent one day posting quite a bit?

But I will let you know, I paid for my own diapers, I have also worked quite a bit of overtime so I can pay for my child, I don't get food stamps. Oh! And my son is spending the day with his cousins, because I took his cousins last saturday. So yes, because I have break today I am posting on the internet, I might even take a nap soon.

Sure :cool: What about the other 364 days a year you are on here? modding for a while right?:eusa_liar:

Yep. I have one with Aspergers which is a high functioning type of Autism and for some reason he has been VERY HARD to potty train...he does great for days on end and then just he stops....Hopefully we will get answers to helping him soon...I got a feeling he has the SPD as well...I have asked and asked why he does it just gives me reasons and I fix the problems ya know not being to reach toilet,can't reach toilet paper etc etc...he gets so entranced when watching his little toy videos on the computer he just forgets or something...thankfully the oldest is potty trained fully and the youngest I don't forsee any problems but its all different for different kids.
From what I read, most children with Aspergers have a sensory perception disorder.

The best thing I did was have a conservation with my son, he is very independent, and stubborn. So with the suggestion of an expert( not someone on a message board who had three years off to become a judgmental parent), I told him it was up to him now. He knows what to do, he knows he needs to go in the potty, I was no longer going to get mad etc.., I would help him, but it was up to him to decide to do this. And I put it like that, and I stuck to it. Two weeks later he was no longer pooping in his pants, and stopped having accidents at night. Well not completely. LOL He is a boy who likes to put it off.

As for other help, I was lucky enough to get him into PT, OT, and speech therapy a few months before he turned two. He is a pretty normal kid now. When he broke his arm he didn't cry much though. The nurses couldn't believe he didn't cry when he came out of surgery when they had to put two screws in.

Yep that's my son. Lol..except yesterday he tried head butting me and missed me and bumped the chair...I don't think his is as bad as most kids because he sure felt that...but he is VERY DARING....gonna be the kid that goes in the military for the Rangers or Airborne or something LOL...he has been doing really good for 3 days now but earlier he either forgot or got wrapped up in a video he was watching he peed in the office chair...didn't get mad just little frustrated...he has first appt to get diagnosed officially in December.Dreading first semester of school.

ON the 4th of July my son dropped a paint can on his foot, didn't even whine when they had to poke holes in his toe nail to relieve the pressure from the swelling.

Are you military?

Military does not get 3 years maternity leave. Most likely European. Germany?

Last edited:

Sure :cool: What about the other 364 days a year you are on here? modding for a while right?:eusa_liar:

Did I post a lot? Did I mod a lot?
Message CK or Intense and ask them how much I was able to mod. Stupid loser.

I've got a solution, drug test welfare recipients. If they test positive they lose their welfare. The ones that need drugs can work for them. If you choose not to do drugs collect your welfare. They get free rent, free power, free food, free daycare, free healthcare. Whats next? Free cable? If you cannot buy diapers after all the stuff you are given by the tax payer. Then maybe you should get a job, then you could support yourself.

Are you military?

Military does not get 3 years maternity leave. Most likely European.

This I know, but women who are foreign and are from other countries and marry men while they are stationed in said country can get 3 years. ;)

But before I assumed that was the case(something you should learn), I asked her the question.

You Mad? All one has to do is look at your history.

I've got a solution, drug test welfare recipients. If they test positive they lose their welfare. The ones that need drugs can work for them. If you choose not to do drugs collect your welfare. They get free rent, free power, free food, free daycare, free healthcare. Whats next? Free cable? If you cannot buy diapers after all the stuff you are given by the tax payer. Then maybe you should get a job, then you could support yourself.

You forgot free obammy phones, maybe free cars next...they gots to gets them babies to daycare and make the hair and nail appointments.

You Mad? All one has to do is look at your history.

Then look up my history for the last year.
But you can't look up my modding, so instead of being a liar, message intense and ask them how much I modded. I dare you, loser. Or will you be like your buddy mal? Just continue to be dishonest.

Forum List

Back