Diaper crisis in America!!!

And had them potty trained at 18 months...Dude is Mother Theresa or something and lives with the Lost Boys in Never Neverland.

Never mind, I take that back. If he was around boys he would know how funny his statement about being fully potty trained at 18 month is.

Uh yeah. My oldest was barely 3 when she was fully potty trained, my youngest is 15 months and in 3 months there ain't NO WAY she is gonna be ready to potty train. That's idiotic when people who haven't had kids talk out their ass. Any parent also knows EVERY kid is different and that means when they become potty trained.

I felt horrible when my son was 3 and not potty trained, then I talked to someone who knew what they are talking about. It is not realistic at all to expect your child to be potty trained at 18 months old.
My son has a sensory perception disorder, he didn't care that he had a soiled diaper or underwear. Which makes it very hard to potty train. Finally, I listened to an expert, not a loser on a message board and their method worked in a few weeks, plus my son was ready to potty train.
Every expert will tell you, if they are not ready, there is no point.

Yep. I have one with Aspergers which is a high functioning type of Autism and for some reason he has been VERY HARD to potty train...he does great for days on end and then just he stops....Hopefully we will get answers to helping him soon...I got a feeling he has the SPD as well...I have asked and asked why he does it just gives me reasons and I fix the problems ya know not being to reach toilet,can't reach toilet paper etc etc...he gets so entranced when watching his little toy videos on the computer he just forgets or something...thankfully the oldest is potty trained fully and the youngest I don't forsee any problems but its all different for different kids.

One would hope, but you never know. Every situation is different. Which is something you need to wake up to.

I am all for PERSONALIZED help to a particular individual - but I am totally against the uniform, blanket unaudited new government handout in form of the diapers.

Now stop judging people you don't know, and who do not have the same privileges you had.

You are like my spoiled friend who bitches about welfare queens at Walmart while her daddy pays for everything.

well, if you and other moronic so-called feminists of this country would not fight for abortion only and care about REAL female rights, you would have had the maternity leave as well. and a job security while on it. and a prenatal leave too.

That is what the feminists in the other countries fought for - and achieved.

But idiots like you will pee in your pants for "reproductive rights" which are one issue only- KILL THE BABY, even if it is "fourth trimester" :lol:

Have I said I am a feminist?
And feminists and women on the left fight for longer maternity leave quite often. You should have spent those three years to figure it out. You are not very informed are you?
And those countries are countries with more government control and those programs are partially funded by the government. Do you want more government control and more government spending?

And you washed these cloth diapers by hand? Did you use a washboard?

why on earth do you need a washboard?

To wash the diapers.

or you are a fucking lazy moron who will put the poop diapers to rot and dry for days?

I had no idea the presence of a washboard caused lazying and stupidity and poop rot.

you do not need the washboard. you can wash them one to one in the hands. If the poop is disposed in the toilet and the diaper is rinsed and placed in a pail with water - one can wash them pretty easily later.

And had them potty trained at 18 months...Dude is Mother Theresa or something and lives with the Lost Boys in Never Neverland.

Never mind, I take that back. If he was around boys he would know how funny his statement about being fully potty trained at 18 month is.

Uh yeah. My oldest was barely 3 when she was fully potty trained, my youngest is 15 months and in 3 months there ain't NO WAY she is gonna be ready to potty train. That's idiotic when people who haven't had kids talk out their ass. Any parent also knows EVERY kid is different and that means when they become potty trained.

the whole humankind until the disposable diapers were invented started potty training from the moment the kid was able to sit ( which is about 6-7 months of age) and still does - all third world countries potty train from infancy as does much of the second world, or previous eastern bloc countries - kids, obviously differ by the age they are fully potty trained, but by no mean it is as late as it is in the US or other western countries.

Infant potty training: What it is and how to do it | BabyCenter

+1048

I can't even believe this is such an issue.

The problem is it takes patience and a full week to teach a skill to a kid with continual dedication and reinforcement.

That means "work"

It's far easier to slap a diaper on or whatever correction is. Fill the landfill and be lazy.

One would hope, but you never know. Every situation is different. Which is something you need to wake up to.

I am all for PERSONALIZED help to a particular individual - but I am totally against the uniform, blanket unaudited new government handout in form of the diapers.

There is a new government handout of diapers? Are you suggesting there has been a policy change? or are you speaking about what might happen?

Now stop judging people you don't know, and who do not have the same privileges you had.

You are like my spoiled friend who bitches about welfare queens at Walmart while her daddy pays for everything.

well, if you and other moronic so-called feminists of this country would not fight for abortion only and care about REAL female rights, you would have had the maternity leave as well. and a job security while on it. and a prenatal leave too.

But idiots like you will pee in your pants for "reproductive rights" which are one issue only- KILL THE BABY, even if it is "fourth trimester" :lol:

And feminists and women on the left fight for longer maternity leave quite often. You should have spent those three years to figure it out. You are not very informed are you?
And those countries are countries with more government control and those programs are partially funded by the government. Do you want more government control and more government spending?

Nope. American feminists NEVER say that. EVER. All they fume about is abortion, anytime, anywhere, at any gestational age, without parental consent in any minor even 10 y.o and on a taxpayer's tab.

provide me at least ONE link to a feminist talking about maternity leaves and prenatal care.

those countries are not necessarily that much government controlled. But their welfare recipients surely are controlled much more - not to abuse the system.

Last edited:

the whole humankind until the disposable diapers were invented started potty training from the moment the kid was able to sit ( which is about 6-7 months of age) and still does - all third world countries potty train from infancy as does much of the second world, or previous eastern bloc countries - kids, obviously differ by the age they are fully potty trained, but by no mean it is as late as it is in the US or other western countries.

+1048

The problem is it takes patience and a full week to teach a skill to a kid with continual dedication and reinforcement.

That means "work"

It's far easier to slap a diaper on or whatever correction is. Fill the landfill and be lazy.

I am glad we have some judgmental perfect parents in this thread.

Nope. American feminists NEVER say that. EVER. All they fume about is abortion, anytime, anywhere, at any gestational age, without parental consent in any minor even 10 y.o and on a taxpayer's tab.

provide me at least ONE link to a feminist talking about maternity leaves and prenatal care.

those countries are not necessarily that much government controlled. But their welfare recipients surely are controlled much more - not to abuse the system.

Like I said, not very informed.

There is a new government handout of diapers? Are you suggesting there has been a policy change? or are you speaking about what might happen?

that what is the whole purpose of the article.

It is not YET there.

And I do not want it to happen.

That's great.
And in those third world countries, where are they going to the bathroom?

+1048

That means "work"

I would have much rather had a potty trained child than to continue to buy diapers that were expensive. She let us know when she was ready to be potty trained I would take my grandmother-Mother of 4 and Mother-mother of 5 advice over anyone else's. They were right...when kid is starting to take a wet or stinky diaper off themselves its time to start trying to potty train them.

Like I said, not very informed.

I am very well informed.

and how are YOU informed, when you just stated you are NOT a feminist?
lying much?:lol:

+1048

That means "work"

I would have much rather had a potty trained child than to continue to buy diapers that were expensive. She let us know when she was ready to be potty trained I would take my grandmother-Mother of 4 and Mother-mother of 5 advice over anyone else's. They were right...when kid is starting to take a wet or stinky diaper off themselves its time to start trying to potty train them.

It is way too late.

you can potty train for the #2 at less than a year of age. you just have to be attentive to the kid and you will easily see when to "catch the moment" in a week or two, a month the longest the kid will signal herself to you what he /she wants

#1 is trickier, but the daytime training is definitely done by 18-24 months of age. Night can be much longer.
I am speaking about standard kids, not with special syndromes.

+1048

That means "work"

You have been posting steady since 9.11am today....no wonder you perfer disposable diapers....no time time to be a parent or do the laundry eh? My wife and I did not have the time to spend all day on the internet when we were raising our kids. We were too busy working and parenting.

That's great.

check the web - I am not doing all the job for you, your majesty :lol:

I felt horrible when my son was 3 and not potty trained, then I talked to someone who knew what they are talking about. It is not realistic at all to expect your child to be potty trained at 18 months old.
My son has a sensory perception disorder, he didn't care that he had a soiled diaper or underwear. Which makes it very hard to potty train. Finally, I listened to an expert, not a loser on a message board and their method worked in a few weeks, plus my son was ready to potty train.
Every expert will tell you, if they are not ready, there is no point.

Yep. I have one with Aspergers which is a high functioning type of Autism and for some reason he has been VERY HARD to potty train...he does great for days on end and then just he stops....Hopefully we will get answers to helping him soon...I got a feeling he has the SPD as well...I have asked and asked why he does it just gives me reasons and I fix the problems ya know not being to reach toilet,can't reach toilet paper etc etc...he gets so entranced when watching his little toy videos on the computer he just forgets or something...thankfully the oldest is potty trained fully and the youngest I don't forsee any problems but its all different for different kids.
From what I read, most children with Aspergers have a sensory perception disorder.

The best thing I did was have a conservation with my son, he is very independent, and stubborn. So with the suggestion of an expert( not someone on a message board who had three years off to become a judgmental parent), I told him it was up to him now. He knows what to do, he knows he needs to go in the potty, I was no longer going to get mad etc.., I would help him, but it was up to him to decide to do this. And I put it like that, and I stuck to it. Two weeks later he was no longer pooping in his pants, and stopped having accidents at night. Well not completely. LOL He is a boy who likes to put it off.

As for other help, I was lucky enough to get him into PT, OT, and speech therapy a few months before he turned two. He is a pretty normal kid now. When he broke his arm he didn't cry much though. The nurses couldn't believe he didn't cry when he came out of surgery when they had to put two screws in.

+1048

That means "work"

Not judgemental at all.

It is my experience it takes one solid week of dedication to change/teach a skill or behavior.

I call it 5 days of hell lol

But I do not give in.

And that in my experience is how to "fix" any kid thing. That's how I roll that's how many of my friends roll.

And then there are the screamers in the store and restaurants. Same thing applies to potty training and everything in between.

But that's me.

That's great.

check the web - I am not doing all the job for you, your majesty :lol:
rhetorical question
n.
A question to which no answer is expected, often used for rhetorical effect.
;)

+1048

That means "work"

Not judgemental at all.

It is my experience it takes one solid week of dedication to change/teach a skill or behavior.

I call it 5 days of hell lol

But I do not give in.

And that in my experience is how to "fix" any kid thing. That's how I roll that's how many of my friends roll.

And then there are the screamers in the store and restaurants. Same thing applies to potty training and everything in between.

But that's me.

I am glad that worked for you.
Some us are not so lucky.

As for screaming in the store. My son is almost perfect when it comes to that. Kid is a wild child, but he loves the store and has thrown one temper tantrum( knock on wood) his whole life in a store...But that doesn't count touching everything.

Forum List

Back