Did Alexander Hamilton Hide The Truth?

And his basic establishment of economic policy was vital to Washington and is used today, sort of...

Either you stumbled into the wrong thread.....

...or, you have already used that beer money.

The question here is Hamilton's vision/desire for the government of the new nation.

Care to try?

The Federalist Papers were the argument FOR a strong central government.

The Anti-Federalists were the states rights people.
The Federalists wanted a strong central government with limits. After the Philadelphia Convention, they thought they might try to carry their vision even farther to the left with their call for implied powers and a central bank. These were Hamilton's proclivities, and Hamilton wasn't really even a part of America's revolution. Fighting for two years in the war counts for very little, especially when he could nearly as easily have fought with the British as he did with the Patriots.

I wouldn't trade 90% of what we have now for anything. Best science, one of the best infastructure, a powerful military and stable government. We're the best mostly because of public sector science instutions like the nws, noaa, nhc, cdc, nih, etc.

You conservatives are morons.

And his basic establishment of economic policy was vital to Washington and is used today, sort of...

Their idea of economics is having the private sector make it so only the top 5% of the population can afford to live well. Kind of like in the begining of the 20th century.

Ohhhh.......so this is why you are known as "Matthew the Moron"!!!

No....although it approaches a satisfying alliteration, moron is far too kind....you are truly an uneducated imbecile.

Please consider changing your name to 'Ira,' as it melds well with imbecile.

If they x-rayed your head all they would find is an IOU.

I wouldn't trade 90% of what we have now for anything. Best science, one of the best infastructure, a powerful military and stable government. We're the best mostly because of public sector science instutions like the nws, noaa, nhc, cdc, nih, etc.

You conservatives are morons.

"I wouldn't trade 90% blah blah blah...."

What a coincidence!

The name number as your IQ score!

The Federalists wanted a strong central government with limits. After the Philadelphia Convention, they thought they might try to carry their vision even farther to the left with their call for implied powers and a central bank. These were Hamilton's proclivities, and Hamilton wasn't really even a part of America's revolution. Fighting for two years in the war counts for very little, especially when he could nearly as easily have fought with the British as he did with the Patriots.

If the states were sovereign they could regulate, restrict, or even ban firearms altogether if that's what their people wanted,

correct?

Is that what your defense of state sovereignty is about, or do you have a more a la carte view?

If the states were sovereign they could regulate, restrict, or even ban firearms altogether if that's what their people wanted,

correct?

Is that what your defense of state sovereignty is about, or do you have a more a la carte view?
whu?

correct?

whu?

Do we need a federal government to protect our rights, or can we leave that up to the states,

as part of their 'sovereignty'?

I honestly believe that PC thinks she wins every argument by insulting the other person. I let PC's infinite wisdom tell us why that's not the case.

correct?

whu?

Do we need a federal government to protect our rights, or can we leave that up to the states,

as part of their 'sovereignty'?
Since the convention, the states, by and large, have been consolidated.

I don't get it. Weren't we talking about Alexander Hamilton as Publius?

I honestly believe that PC thinks she wins every argument by insulting the other person. I let PC's infinite wisdom tell us why that's not the case.

I don't argue or debate.....I simply explain why I am right.

Now, insult???

Me???

No, I simply provide accurate descriptions.

BTW, you can stop announcing at the drive-through that your order is “to go.”

I think Hamilton was very ambitious, and very personally motivated. The West Indies (as well as the newly acquired Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, and Quebec) were not a part of the American Revolution. Only the people of the thirteen colonies that seated their own legislatures and engaged in years of theory, argument, opinion, and polemic on classical antiquity, Enlightenment rationalism, English common law, Puritanism, and the Glorious Revolution had any real investment in the effect and consequence of the revolution, i.e., the war.

Hamilton was just a restless young man looking for a war. He was arrogant and indefatigable, and like any good Democrat or statist (or some Federalists), would promise liberty with his own gains in mind. The treatises and sermons of the American people - the reasons for the war - didn't really interest him.

Last edited:

Now, wedgie....I certainly can see going after our pal Hamilton as a monarchist, and one who hid his true views in the Federalists....but he was a champion of the Revolution.

On more than one occasion, Washington praised his artillery troops as saving the day!

" Hamilton led his troops in the Battle of Princeton on 2 January 1777, where the British were again soundly defeated."
and...."Hamilton eventually resigned from Washington’s staff in early 1781, following a seemingly inconsequential argument with Washington, and later commanded a battalion under MG Marquis de Lafayette. Hamilton’s last actions in the Revolutionary War occurred in October 1781 at the Battle of Yorktown, where he led a successful night attack against Redoubt No. 10, a key position in the British defenses. His courage and bravery was praised by Washington himself and he was later promoted to colonel."
https://armyhistory.org/09/major-general-alexander-hamilton/

And I say that not just because he was of the Provisional Company of the New York Artillery.

Now, wedgie....I certainly can see going after our pal Hamilton as a monarchist, and one who hid his true views in the Federalists....but he was a champion of the Revolution.

On more than one occasion, Washington praised his artillery troops as saving the day!

" Hamilton led his troops in the Battle of Princeton on 2 January 1777, where the British were again soundly defeated."
and...."Hamilton eventually resigned from Washington’s staff in early 1781, following a seemingly inconsequential argument with Washington, and later commanded a battalion under MG Marquis de Lafayette. Hamilton’s last actions in the Revolutionary War occurred in October 1781 at the Battle of Yorktown, where he led a successful night attack against Redoubt No. 10, a key position in the British defenses. His courage and bravery was praised by Washington himself and he was later promoted to colonel."
https://armyhistory.org/09/major-general-alexander-hamilton/

And I say that not just because he was of the Provisional Company of the New York Artillery.
Yes, Hamilton was no doubt useful to the Patriot cause, but I'm not sure he really appreciated the cause.

best thing burr did was kill hamilton's sorry ass....o and all that crap about hamilton firing in the air and being all honorable has been disproved...seems his pistol had a hair trigger and just went off when he pulled on the trigger too soon.....sob is buried in ny....you can go piss on his grave and also see the site where burr shot the sob...in jersey

best thing burr did was kill hamilton's sorry ass....o and all that crap about hamilton firing in the air and being all honorable has been disproved...seems his pistol had a hair trigger and just went off when he pulled on the trigger too soon.....sob is buried in ny....you can go piss on his grave and also see the site where burr shot the sob...in jersey

His son died in pretty much the same way.

a friend and i were a couple of the few people given free range of the place at night....seems when the owner discovered this...he was not happy.....but we roamed the place for hours with flashlights...which we pointed out the next day ..the flashlights were given to us by the care taker....

Forum List

Back