Did Israel Just Lose the Battle for Damascus?

There's a scene in Jurassic Park III in which a T-Rex battles a Spinosaurus while the humans escape from both.

I'd say that Israel's view of the Syrian conflict is similar to that of the human characters in that scene.
Welcome to the asylum, HB1967!

With all due respect, I suggest Israel scales in closer to Godzilla in the scenario you describe.
Maybe the humans are the innocent Syrians running for their lives?

Remind me... how many innocent Syrians have been killed by their innocent Syrian brothers? I've lost count.

There's a scene in Jurassic Park III in which a T-Rex battles a Spinosaurus while the humans escape from both.

I'd say that Israel's view of the Syrian conflict is similar to that of the human characters in that scene.

With all due respect, I suggest Israel scales in closer to Godzilla in the scenario you describe.

'Respect' has never been a feature of your posting style before, Georgieboy - but thanks for the laugh anyway.

Aren't you the coy one, 'forgetting' all about the Iranian oil billions and the Russki munitions and hardware which dear Baby Assad has been drawing upon?

georgephillip, et al,

Ah, yes, the US is more of a criminal than the Terrorist. That is usual. We certainly would NOT want to besmirch the character of an organization with such a distinguished history that includes:

• The 1992 Israeli Embassy attack in Buenos Aires, killing 29, in Argentina.
  • The 1994 AMIA bombing of a Jewish cultural centre, killing 85, in Argentina.
  • The 1994 AC Flight 901 attack, killing 21, in Panama.
  • The 1994 London Israeli Embassy attack, injuring 29, in the United Kingdom.
  • In 2002, accused of recruiting Singaporeans in a failed 1990s plot to attack U.S. and Israeli ships in the Singapore Straits.
  • The January 15, 2008, bombing of a U.S. Embassy vehicle in Beirut.
  • In 2009, accused in a plot in Egypt, where Egyptian authorities arrested 49 men for planning attacks against Israeli and Egyptian targets in the Sinai Peninsula.
  • The 2012 Burgas bus bombing, killing 6, in Bulgaria.

It won't be the greatest purveyor of violence on the planet.

"The following is a list of United Nations resolutions that concern both Israel and Palestine and bordering states such as Lebanon. The Human Rights Council has adopted more resolutions condemning Israel than it has all other states combined."

Must be nice sheltering under a star-spangled dragon's wing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_UN_resolutions_concerning_Israel_and_Palestine
(COMMENT)

Yes the "greatest purveyor of violence" meets the organization responsible for the Tyre headquarters bombings; the April 1983 U.S. Embassy bombing; the 1983 Beirut Barracks bombing - that killed 241 US Marines; and the Hijacking of TWA Flight 847 in 1985 (and killed US Navy Diver Robert Stethem and throwing his body on the tarmac for media impact).

Yes, I entirely understand your sympathy for this righteous and upstanding organization. We want to make sure that they get all the gun, ammunitions, and crew-served weapons they need to pursue their public service missions; to support the dictatorial regime in Syria, and continue the use of force against the territorial integrity and political independence of member state of the UN.

Most Respectfully,
R

So, what are the numbers killed in these alleged terrorist acts? They are nothing compared to the innocents killed from the US terrorist wars. OVER 1 million dead from the war in Iraq alone. Must be a special place in hell for Americans behind those acts of aggression/terror in Iraq! Spare me your self righteousness. It is filled with Hypocrisy.

And another great post from RoccoR. : )) I only wish I could rep you again.

Last edited:
georgephillip, et al,

Ah, yes, the US is more of a criminal than the Terrorist. That is usual. We certainly would NOT want to besmirch the character of an organization with such a distinguished history that includes:

• In 2002, accused of recruiting Singaporeans in a failed 1990s plot to attack U.S. and Israeli ships in the Singapore Straits.
  • In 2009, accused in a plot in Egypt, where Egyptian authorities arrested 49 men for planning attacks against Israeli and Egyptian targets in the Sinai Peninsula.

"The following is a list of United Nations resolutions that concern both Israel and Palestine and bordering states such as Lebanon. The Human Rights Council has adopted more resolutions condemning Israel than it has all other states combined."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_UN_resolutions_concerning_Israel_and_Palestine
(COMMENT)

Yes the "greatest purveyor of violence" meets the organization responsible for the Tyre headquarters bombings; the April 1983 U.S. Embassy bombing; the 1983 Beirut Barracks bombing - that killed 241 US Marines; and the Hijacking of TWA Flight 847 in 1985 (and killed US Navy Diver Robert Stethem and throwing his body on the tarmac for media impact).

Yes, I entirely understand your sympathy for this righteous and upstanding organization. We want to make sure that they get all the gun, ammunitions, and crew-served weapons they need to pursue their public service missions; to support the dictatorial regime in Syria, and continue the use of force against the territorial integrity and political independence of member state of the UN.

Most Respectfully,
R

So, what are the numbers killed in these alleged terrorist acts? They are nothing compared to the innocents killed from the US terrorist wars. OVER 1 million dead from the war in Iraq alone. Must be a special place in hell for Americans behind those acts of aggression/terror in Iraq! Spare me your self righteousness. It is filled with Hypocrisy.

How many civilians did the U.S kill in Iraq ??

georgephillip, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

But, Frau Sherri, it was your own friends who actually were the ones who killed the majority of Iraqis because they couldn't stand seeing a democracy in that country, Of course, it is your own friends who are continuing to kill innocent people (both Muslims and Christians) in Iraq these days. I know it is more convenient for you to close your eyes to this, but read the news once in a while to see what is happening there. Notice that Frau Sherri, the hypocrite, never says there is a special place in Hell for her friends no matter how many innocents they kill. By the way, if Frau Sherri doesn't like this country, I am sure Iran would take her in.

And another great post from RoccoR. : )) I only wish I could rep you again.
I think we are very lucky to have a poster like Rocco who is well informed as to what has happened previously and what is going on now with regard to the Middle East. I think all of us have learned a lot from him.

"The following is a list of United Nations resolutions that concern both Israel and Palestine and bordering states such as Lebanon. The Human Rights Council has adopted more resolutions condemning Israel than it has all other states combined.[1]"

That's because the U.N. is dominated by Muslim/Arab and Communist countries.

georgephillip, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R
And I understand entirely how the numbers of dead you posted compares to those who died in Israel's assault on Golan in 1967:

"On June 7 and 8, the Israeli leadership debated about whether the Golan Heights should be attacked as well; the attack on Syria was initially planned for June 8, but was postponed for 24 hours. At 3 am on June 9, Syria announced its acceptance of the cease-fire. Despite this, four hours later at 7 am, Israeli Defense Minister Moshe Dayan "gave the order to go into action against Syria." Syria had supported the pre-war raids that had helped raise tensions and had routinely shelled Israel from the Heights, so some Israeli leaders wanted to see Syria punished."[141]"

Maybe you understand why those who make huge fortunes from wars (think Rockefeller and Rothschild) shouldn't stay alive just long enough to watch their own children die?

Six-Day War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

georgephillip, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R
And I understand entirely how the numbers of dead you posted compares to those who died in Israel's assault on Golan in 1967:

"On June 7 and 8, the Israeli leadership debated about whether the Golan Heights should be attacked as well; the attack on Syria was initially planned for June 8, but was postponed for 24 hours. At 3 am on June 9, Syria announced its acceptance of the cease-fire. Despite this, four hours later at 7 am, Israeli Defense Minister Moshe Dayan "gave the order to go into action against Syria." Syria had supported the pre-war raids that had helped raise tensions and had routinely shelled Israel from the Heights, so some Israeli leaders wanted to see Syria punished."[141]"

Maybe you understand why those who make huge fortunes from wars (think Rockefeller and Rothschild) shouldn't stay alive just long enough to watch their own children die?

Israel took possesion of the Golan Heights, because Syrian snipers would shoot down from there on Israeli kibbutzim (farms)? What is it with you and Israel?

Remind me... how many innocent Syrians have been killed by their innocent Syrian brothers? I've lost count.
70,000 to 80,000 Arabs have died in Syria during the last two years, but I have no way of knowing how many of those were "Syrians" Some of the Arabs who have killed their "Syrian brothers" are from Iraq, for example; where the heroic US military has maimed, murdered, displaced, and incarcerated millions of innocent Arabs. Do they count?

And with US supplied weapons.

Hmmm.

georgephillip, et al,

Answering in reverse order.

(COMMENT)

This is a "class status" argument; rich 'vs' poor. It should be noted that whether we look at yester-year (historically) at the Rockefeller's and Rothschild's --- or --- today at
Bill Gates, Carlos Slim, Amancio Ortega, Warren Buffett, Larry Ellison, Charles & David Koch, Li Ka-shing, Liliane Bettencourt , Bernard Arnault, none of them owe their wealth exclusively to the arms or defense industries. While they all may have made some contribution to various war efforts, it is not what they are known for in the end.

It should be noted that Winthrop Rockefeller fought in WWII, advancing through the ranks from Private to Full-Colonel, with participation in several major engagements.

As far as the Rothschild's go (Austrian nobility), while they too made their contributions to the various war efforts, their wealth was derived primarily from mining, banks, energy, mixed farming, wine, and charities works (as was the Rockefeller's).

(COMMENT)

Military strategies along a given front is not entirely political. Sometimes it is necessary to support one assault by engaging forces along another line and establishing a defensive perimeter. What General Dayan did, he did because it strengthened the line and secured defendable positions.

Most Respectfully,
R

et al,

I had not realized.

Hmmm.
(QUESTION)

I had NOT heard that the US was supplying weapons.

Where did you hear that?

Most Respectfully,
R

Last edited:
Well, I participated in discussions years ago where we discussed US Special Ops in Syria trying to stir up a Civil War there. I guess the US was successful in her endeavors there.

Last edited:
Bryant Jordan*writes for*Military.com, March 9, 2012, that according to a leaked Stratfor memo published by WikiLeaks,*U.S. Special Operation Forces reportedly have been in Syria since Decembertraining groups to conduct guerrilla attacks and assassinations to bring down Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. Stratfor is a Texas-based private intelligence-gathering company.But Pentagon spokesman Lt. Col. James Gregory said he could not comment on the memo’s authenticity, and that “due to the method” in which the memo was uncovered (by Wikileaks), it “seems to be pure conjecture.” He also said that DoD does not provide information on Special Operations deployments.The claim of American Spec Ops Forces operating in Syria is*made in an internal email dated Dec. 7, 2011, from an official at Stratfor. The writer — whose email reportedly belongs to the company’s director of analysis, Reva Bhalla — recounts a Pentagon meeting where officials “said without saying that SOF teams (presumably from US, UK, France, Jordan, Turkey) are already on the ground focused on recce [reconnaissance] missions and training opposition forces.” The idea ‘hypothetically’ is to commit guerrilla attacks, assassination campaigns, try to break the back of the Alawite forces, elicit collapse from within.* (Alawite is a minority branch of Islam to which the Assad family belongs.) US Special Ops are already in Syria | Fellowship of the Minds

You people are nuts the Russians and Iranians supply weapons that kill all those people, and at this point Israel would rather see Assad stay i would guess. You damn Israel Jew haters are a pathetic joke

Hmmm.
US is not a supplier of weapons to Assad. Syria is a client state of Russia, mainly. Are you lying again or just showing your ignorance?

Bryant Jordan*writes for*Military.com, March 9, 2012, that according to a leaked Stratfor memo published by WikiLeaks,*U.S. Special Operation Forces reportedly have been in Syria since Decembertraining groups to conduct guerrilla attacks and assassinations to bring down Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. Stratfor is a Texas-based private intelligence-gathering company.But Pentagon spokesman Lt. Col. James Gregory said he could not comment on the memo’s authenticity, and that “due to the method” in which the memo was uncovered (by Wikileaks), it “seems to be pure conjecture.” He also said that DoD does not provide information on Special Operations deployments.The claim of American Spec Ops Forces operating in Syria is*made in an internal email dated Dec. 7, 2011, from an official at Stratfor. The writer — whose email reportedly belongs to the company’s director of analysis, Reva Bhalla — recounts a Pentagon meeting where officials “said without saying that SOF teams (presumably from US, UK, France, Jordan, Turkey) are already on the ground focused on recce [reconnaissance] missions and training opposition forces.” The idea ‘hypothetically’ is to commit guerrilla attacks, assassination campaigns, try to break the back of the Alawite forces, elicit collapse from within.* (Alawite is a minority branch of Islam to which the Assad family belongs.) US Special Ops are already in Syria | Fellowship of the Minds
Since 2012 the US has tried to help the Syrian people. But after Libya, they are very hesitant. So this president is going to stand by while the Syrian leader commits genocide on his own people. And you guys are Assad's biggest supporters because he has been enemies with Israel.

That's what it comes down to in a nutshell. People like you don't give a shit about Syrians or Palestinians, or anybody. Your hatred of Jews and Israel is the prime motivating factor.

Last edited:
Sherri didn't shed a tear for any of the 80 000 slaughtered civilians in Syria. But the moment Israel bombed the so called 'research center' , she was all over the story and condemned Israel for killing the soldiers in the center.
Pro - Palestinian hypocrisy at its best !

Forum List

Back