Did Israel Just Lose the Battle for Damascus?

Huh? Tinmore claimed the U.S was supporting the FSA rebels with weapons, but he didn't provide a link. The links I read said they were supporting them with NON MILITARY AID

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJRs18A7qnE]USA is the main Arms Supplier for the Regime Change Operation in Syria (Sibel Edmonds, dec 16, 2011) - YouTube[/ame]
Do you have anything better than Russian propaganda crap news? Of course the US and Europeans are training and helping the rebels, and neighboring Arabs are arming the rebels as well. This is all after the Syrian dictator decided to commit genocide upon his people. Keep up.

Sibel Edmonds is a US citizen.

Tinny, I don't see how 'RT' qualifies as an actual new source: it's thoroughly marinated in Communist-style anti-Amercan propaganda.

While no news outlet can be completely Unbiased: 'RT' is still a 'state-controlled' news outlet and has a particularly strong bias.

Need I remind anyone that Syria is a client state of Iran's, which is a client state of Russia's? And that the Russian base in Syria is their ONLY access to the entire Mediterranean Sea? I think the reasons for such bias as I suggest are quite obvious.

"Sibel Edmonds is a US citizen. "

Yah, Tinny. And so -allegedly! - are sherrimunnerlyn and georgephillip and sunniman. Being a US citizen doesn't inoculate one against hating this nation nor telling whoppers.

Do you have anything better than Russian propaganda crap news? Of course the US and Europeans are training and helping the rebels, and neighboring Arabs are arming the rebels as well. This is all after the Syrian dictator decided to commit genocide upon his people. Keep up.

I asked for proof that US has historically supplied weapons to Syrians, and you post this? It's okay, we already know that most terrorist worshippers are also very ignorant. Nothing new here.

"Sibel Edmonds is a US citizen. "

Yah, Tinny. And so -allegedly! - are sherrimunnerlyn and georgephillip and sunniman. Being a US citizen doesn't inoculate one against hating this nation nor telling whoppers.
Ha ha ha. Exactly. Didn't you know being a US citizen gives you a pass on stupidity? Just ask Tinmore.

Tinny, I don't see how 'RT' qualifies as an actual new source: it's thoroughly marinated in Communist-style anti-Amercan propaganda.

While no news outlet can be completely Unbiased: 'RT' is still a 'state-controlled' news outlet and has a particularly strong bias.

Need I remind anyone that Syria is a client state of Iran's, which is a client state of Russia's? And that the Russian base in Syria is their ONLY access to the entire Mediterranean Sea? I think the reasons for such bias as I suggest are quite obvious.
RT is the Russian equivalent of "Hezbollah TV". LOL

RT and Press TV have got to be the most biased anti-Israel sources that are on the internet, and you know that !

georgephillip, et al,

Ah, yes, the US is more of a criminal than the Terrorist. That is usual. We certainly would NOT want to besmirch the character of an organization with such a distinguished history that includes:

• The 1992 Israeli Embassy attack in Buenos Aires, killing 29, in Argentina.
  • The 1994 AMIA bombing of a Jewish cultural centre, killing 85, in Argentina.
  • The 1994 AC Flight 901 attack, killing 21, in Panama.
  • The 1994 London Israeli Embassy attack, injuring 29, in the United Kingdom.
  • In 2002, accused of recruiting Singaporeans in a failed 1990s plot to attack U.S. and Israeli ships in the Singapore Straits.
  • The January 15, 2008, bombing of a U.S. Embassy vehicle in Beirut.
  • In 2009, accused in a plot in Egypt, where Egyptian authorities arrested 49 men for planning attacks against Israeli and Egyptian targets in the Sinai Peninsula.
  • The 2012 Burgas bus bombing, killing 6, in Bulgaria.

It won't be the greatest purveyor of violence on the planet.

"The following is a list of United Nations resolutions that concern both Israel and Palestine and bordering states such as Lebanon. The Human Rights Council has adopted more resolutions condemning Israel than it has all other states combined."

Must be nice sheltering under a star-spangled dragon's wing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_UN_resolutions_concerning_Israel_and_Palestine
(COMMENT)

Yes the "greatest purveyor of violence" meets the organization responsible for the Tyre headquarters bombings; the April 1983 U.S. Embassy bombing; the 1983 Beirut Barracks bombing - that killed 241 US Marines; and the Hijacking of TWA Flight 847 in 1985 (and killed US Navy Diver Robert Stethem and throwing his body on the tarmac for media impact).

Yes, I entirely understand your sympathy for this righteous and upstanding organization. We want to make sure that they get all the gun, ammunitions, and crew-served weapons they need to pursue their public service missions; to support the dictatorial regime in Syria, and continue the use of force against the territorial integrity and political independence of member state of the UN.

Most Respectfully,
R

RT and their American citizen speaker have as much credibility as any news source in our world, even though the Chosen People do not operate it. Zionists really need to get over their fantasies of chosen people superiority.

georgephillip, et al,

Ah, yes, the US is more of a criminal than the Terrorist. That is usual. We certainly would NOT want to besmirch the character of an organization with such a distinguished history that includes:

• In 2002, accused of recruiting Singaporeans in a failed 1990s plot to attack U.S. and Israeli ships in the Singapore Straits.
  • In 2009, accused in a plot in Egypt, where Egyptian authorities arrested 49 men for planning attacks against Israeli and Egyptian targets in the Sinai Peninsula.

"The following is a list of United Nations resolutions that concern both Israel and Palestine and bordering states such as Lebanon. The Human Rights Council has adopted more resolutions condemning Israel than it has all other states combined."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_UN_resolutions_concerning_Israel_and_Palestine
(COMMENT)

Yes the "greatest purveyor of violence" meets the organization responsible for the Tyre headquarters bombings; the April 1983 U.S. Embassy bombing; the 1983 Beirut Barracks bombing - that killed 241 US Marines; and the Hijacking of TWA Flight 847 in 1985 (and killed US Navy Diver Robert Stethem and throwing his body on the tarmac for media impact).

Yes, I entirely understand your sympathy for this righteous and upstanding organization. We want to make sure that they get all the gun, ammunitions, and crew-served weapons they need to pursue their public service missions; to support the dictatorial regime in Syria, and continue the use of force against the territorial integrity and political independence of member state of the UN.

Most Respectfully,
R

RT and their American citizen speaker have as much credibility as any news source in our world, even though the Chosen People do not operate it. Zionists really need to get over their fantasies of chosen people superiority.

Please show us who here said that they consider themselves to be the chosen ones lol.
Stop making up lies
And RT is extremely biased. I'm not talking about the guest they had, Im just talking about the source.

georgephillip, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

Please show us who here said that they consider themselves to be the chosen ones lol.
Stop making up lies
And RT is extremely biased. I'm not talking about the guest they had, Im just talking about the source.

It's funny that Christians and Muslims, who believe that unbelievers in their faiths all go to eternal Hell, think that Jews believe themselves to be superior. Aside from monsters such as Hitler, Jews believe that any good person on Earth goes to Heaven.

Assad does appear to being doing well these last few days, in his battle to maintain control over civil war torn Syria.

Actually, the SAA recently recaptured the town of Qusayr, next to the border with Israel .

If however, the U.S decides to supply the rebels with weapons, thing can change really quickly

Last edited:
SherriMunnerlyn, et al,

Yes, the preliminary reports would seem to suggest that.

Assad does appear to being doing well these last few days, in his battle to maintain control over civil war torn Syria.
(COMMENT)

An important aspect to a civil war type order of battle is the impact of rear area security. As government forces take a given area, they must break-off a peace of that force to maintain the city it took, put a piece of the force to maintain the security of the supply route that feeds the force as it moves forward. This actually thins the ranks. And in doing so, opens up a series of opportunities for the rebels to inflict some serious casualties in some focused attacks.

Successes may be short-term.

Most Respectfully,
R

RT and Press TV have got to be the most biased anti-Israel sources that are on the internet, and you know that !

Sibel Edmonfs without RT.

Uber-Neocons: The Main Architects of Post-Assad Syria at Work

Bush Era’s Good-Ol’ Familiar Faces Resurface again on Operation Syria

With the approaching Finale for Syria’s Assad the Uber-Neocon architects of US foreign policy have been hard at work. Assuming (albeit knowingly) the certainty of the soon-to-come end for Assad’s government, the neocon architects are drafting and crafting their objectives for the Post-Assad regime in Syria. I know the mainstream and pseudo-alternative media use the term “Neocon” loosely and willy-nilly, but I can assure you this is not the case with my usage of “Uber-Neocons’ here. You will see that clearly after reading the following facts.

Yesterday I found this ‘interesting’ article in the Turkish newspaper Zaman [All Emphasis Mine]:

Analysts Call on US to Cooperate with Turkey Toward New Gov’t in Syria

A group of US foreign policy analysts called on President Barack Obama and his government to work towards drawing a common road map with Turkey that will help ensure the formation of a democratic, impartial government in a post-conflict Syrian.

The US think-tank Bipartisan Policy Center (BPC) recently formed its Turkey Task Force, co-chaired by former US Ambassadors to Turkey Mort Abramowitz and Eric Edelman. The task force released on Thursday its first report, which points to a critical need for Turkey and the US to cooperate to ensure the formation of a “stable and decent post-Assad Syria.”

The report also analyzes the differences between Turkish and the US interests in a post-Assad Syria, explaining why it is imperative that the US immediately engage with Turkey in establishing joint principles and plans after a possible ouster of the Assad regime.

…

- See more at: Sibel Edmonds' Boiling Frogs Post | Home of the Irate Minority

Every time I read the title of this thread I can't help but think its the equivalent of posting a thead titled: "Did the New York Yankees just lose the NBA Finals?"

georgephillip, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

Get over it, RT shouldn't even have the word news after it. No surprise that Sherri who calls America a "terrorist nation that killed one million Iraqis" listens religiously to RT. Ha ha ha.

NPR calls RT anti-American ? RT USA

National Public Radio’s syndicated program "On the Media" discussing the topic of Global Media Wars, portrayed RT as having an “extremely confrontational stance when it comes to US,” and alleged that the channel perpetrates an anti-American agenda.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RT_(TV_network)

Russians also have been critical of RT. Former KGB officer Konstantin Preobrazhensky criticized RT as "a part of the Russian industry of misinformation and manipulation".[104] Andrey Illarionov, former advisor to Vladimir Putin, has labeled the channel as "the best Russian propaganda machine targeted at the outside world.

Russia Today Anti-American Propaganda Network financed by Putin's Regime - CNN iReport

Russia Today: Anti-American Propaganda Network financed by Putin's Regime

Purpose
Most Americans have never heard of Russia Today (RT) television, a propaganda arm of the Putin-Medvedev-KGB-run Russian thugocracy, but thanks to a former KGB officer, Konstantin Preobrazhensky, more about its origins and purposes have been revealed.

In a "Statement by Konstantin Preobrazhensky, former Soviet KGB officer, on the impact and purpose of Russia Today (RT) television", given to America's Survival, Inc. organization, led by noted journalist Cliff Kincaid, released April 1, 2011, the former KGB officer wrote the following about it (Full Text).

"Russia Today" was founded in 2005 especially for propaganda abroad. It has been aimed at 'explaining Russia's position on the main international issues and inform foreigners about Russian life'. According to Gzt.ru, it has been financed totally by the Russian government. In 2005-2006, the government has delivered $30 million annually. In 2011-2013, "Russia Today" will get $216 million (6,483 billion rubles).

Last edited:
P F Tinmore, et al,

Sibel Edmonds is very bright and intelligent. But nothing in the video (other than innuendo and supposition) shows the US providing lethal weapons. The information in this video is rather dated (six month anyway).

You really should clarify what you mean by "the US providing the FSA with weapons" first, Toast.
The US began to officially supply weapons to fundamentalist Islamists during the Soviet invasion and occupation of Afghanistan four decades ago. Unofficially, the CIA has been funneling arms and training to al-Qa'ida and its ilk ever since the Russians ended their occupation in '89. If you want to pursue this, let's start by finding agreement on sources; I'm thinking Stratfor via Wikileaks might be useful.

Huh? Tinmore claimed the U.S was supporting the FSA rebels with weapons, but he didn't provide a link. The links I read said they were supporting them with NON MILITARY AID

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJRs18A7qnE]USA is the main Arms Supplier for the Regime Change Operation in Syria (Sibel Edmonds, dec 16, 2011) - YouTube[/ame]
(COMMENT)

She makes a case that the US is providing weapons. And in the last six months, there has been no report of US weapons anywhere on the battlefield. They seem to be predominately Russian; possibly some Chinese. They could be weapons seized in interdictions. But no US weapons.

She make a case that the US Military is doing preparation work for a major operation. This probably true, but unsubstantiated. It is common knowledge that the US is providing non-lethal aid to the rebels. And it is common knowledge that the Pentagon makes a plan for damn near every possible contingency that it might be called upon to perform by Congress and the White House. Yes, they do plan and prepare to the extent possible.

She makes a case that the US is following an establish pattern of past interventions. Yes, everyone knows our footprint. We may even be setting-up civil affairs operations to encourage defections to the rebel cause. But that is still non-lethal.

But there is no evidence, on the battlefield or anywhere else, that we are providing weapons.

My (limited) understanding is that the debate still rages on Capitol Hill concerning the merits of the US stepping inside and arming rebels.

Most Respectfully,
R

Last edited:
Thanks, Roudy! As everyone should know, NPR is hardly a 'right-wing' or 'government-controlled' news outlet. So their condemnation should have any rational person giving 'RT' a closer look.

It certainly appears as though the ideologues are impervious to logic of any sort, doesn't it?

Forum List

Back