Did sin enter the world through Adam, Satan or Yahweh?

What's the problem with that?

I can do anything I want to my own body and mind. You seem to think that not following the precepts will result in some negative consequences and you're wrong.

You need to have a black or white set of rules so you think everyone else does too.
Nothing at all. You live by no rules. I think that is great. You have basically described a religion of sociopaths.

Nothing at all. You live by no rules. I think that is great. You have basically described a religion of sociopaths.
I live by my own code

Something you are incapable of doing because you need to be told what to do.

I live by my own code

Something you are incapable of doing because you need to be told what to do.
Sounds like rules to me.

If you lived by a code you wouldn't have just attacked me, bro.

You are the worst Buddhist I have ever known.

Says the guy who thinks Buddhisms means no rules.
There are no rules to becoming enlightened.

The Buddha taught what worked for him and him alone and encouraged students to try his methods but to also strike out on their own and use their experience to guide them.

You seem to be incapable of grasping this because you need to be told how to live in very black and white language and you obviously need the threat of punishment hanging over your head.

There are no rules to becoming enlightened.

The Buddha taught what worked for him and him alone and encouraged students to try his methods but to also strike out on their own and use their experience to guide them.

You seem to be incapable of grasping this because you need to be told how to live in very black and white language and you obviously need the threat of punishment hanging over your head.
Right. You can ignore the five precepts. They are just suggestions.

Buddha said it's ok to kill someone or cheat on your wife because these aren't rules.

I wonder what would Buddha would say to that. :lol:
I don't.

I don't have to be a pacifist and if you haven't realized by now that I don't take anything you say seriously because you are a proven liar.

You have not in anyway demonstrated that the precepts are in any way analogous to the commandments nor have you proven that the behaviors mentioned are considered sins.

I don't.

I don't have to be a pacifist and if you haven't realized by now that I don't take anything you say seriously because you are a proven liar.

You have not in anyway demonstrated that the precepts are in any way analogous to the commandments nor have you proven that the behaviors mentioned are considered sins.
Buddha said it's ok to rape children because really there aren't any rules you have to follow. These are just suggestions. You can express yourself any way you like as long as you feel you are enlightened.

Buddha said it's ok to kill someone or cheat on your wife because these aren't rules.
He didn't mention wives at all.

You don't even follow the commandments of your god and yet you snipe at me for saying the precepts aren't commandments and that the behaviors aren't sins.

If I kill a person in self defense i can still walk the path to enlightenment.

If you kill a person in self defense you have violated a divine law and will face divine retribution.

Buddha said it's ok to rape children because really there aren't any rules you have to follow. These are just suggestions. You can express yourself any way you like as long as you feel you are enlightened.

Keep displaying your ignorance i find it amusing.

Murder, lying, cheating, stealing aren't bad. Being told what you shouldn't do is bad.

He didn't mention wives at all.

You don't even follow the commandments of your god and yet you snipe at me for saying the precepts aren't commandments and that the behaviors aren't sins.

If I kill a person in self defense i can still walk the path to enlightenment.

If you kill a person in self defense you have violated a divine law and will face divine retribution.
You are backpedaling now because you are describing rules and rules are bad.

Forum List

Back