Did the Japanese ever apologize foranyting?

Actions speak louder than words!!! If an Islamist country apologize for anything it wouldn't mean dick. Japan transformed into a modern, 1st world, peaceful, democratic society that is loyal friend and ally of America! It's a safe and welcoming place to American businessmen, tourists and military-men! I will take that over an meaningless apology any day!

There have been dozens of apologies and billions in aid and assistance since the end of the war.

They not only never apologized they do not teach reality in their schools about WW2.

That is changing & an apology was issued in 1995, see my other post; the Chinese bear some of the blame, they wanted TRADE over honor.

Apology for the Baatan Death March:

Japan Apologizes for Bataan Death March - ABC News

Official apologies were issued in the 50s, the 60s, the 70s, the 80s, the 90s, the 2000s, and more have been issued since.

America apologized to Americans and others for the Japanese internment. The removal of those people from the west coast was not a good move, but in a way understandable.

Not understandable and not excusable. FDR was a fucking criminal.

America apologized to Americans and others for the Japanese internment. The removal of those people from the west coast was not a good move, but in a way understandable.

Those that claimed the Japanese never apologized took a powder it seems. :mad:

You mean like how you make claims and then while still posting when caught in a bald faced lie never respond again? I wasn't here to respond. Japan did not apologize when in fact they teach their children no atrocities happened and that they were not the aggressor in WW2, Kinda like how Arabs apologized after 9/11, with a big BUT applied avoiding actual blame.

Those that claimed the Japanese never apologized took a powder it seems. :mad:

You mean like how you make claims and then while still posting when caught in a bald faced lie never respond again? I wasn't here to respond. Japan did not apologize when in fact they teach their children no atrocities happened and that they were not the aggressor in WW2, Kinda like how Arabs apologized after 9/11, with a big BUT applied avoiding actual blame.

You are just plain ignorant on the matter.

List of war apology statements issued by Japan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And then there was silence. A very common reaction to being proven completely wrong.

Mac was on thed deck of the USS Missouri acceptingtheJapaense surrender - ending the most destructive war in hunan history. LAST OF ITS KIND

Cut him slack. l

Ever read Mac's Medal of Honor citation? It is an insult to the brave members of the Military who really earned their Medals. Mac was a fraud and a coward.

being up on the front line with them does not qualify as a coward. his island hoping strategy saved thousands of American lives. egotistical yes coward no.

Mac was on thed deck of the USS Missouri acceptingtheJapaense surrender - ending the most destructive war in hunan history. LAST OF ITS KIND

Cut him slack. l

Ever read Mac's Medal of Honor citation? It is an insult to the brave members of the Military who really earned their Medals. Mac was a fraud and a coward.

being up on the front line with them does not qualify as a coward. his island hoping strategy saved thousands of American lives. egotistical yes coward no.

MacArthur in the front lines, surely you jest. MacArthur's troops may have known MacArthur best:
"Dougout Doug MacArthur lies ashaking on the rock safe from the bombers and any sudden shock
Dougout Doug is eating the best food on Bataan and his troops go starving on"

But MacArthur can be excused for staying in the Lennon Hotel in Brisbane while his troops were fighting in New Guinea but his biggest mistake, and FDR's, was retaking the Phillipines, uneeded and at what cost?

MacArthur in the front lines, surely you jest. MacArthur's troops may have known MacArthur best:
"Dougout Doug MacArthur lies ashaking on the rock safe from the bombers and any sudden shock

But MacArthur can be excused for staying in the Lennon Hotel in Brisbane while his troops were fighting in New Guinea but his biggest mistake, and FDR's, was retaking the Phillipines, uneeded and at what cost?

give your brain a chance. he was warned by his own men he was to close to the point.

who ordered him off Bataan and why??? what were the objectives of taking the PI ???

ok GENERAL REGENT your in charge now. what's your strategy for fighting a war without killing anyone???

Cut him slack. l

That is just a plain ignorant comment! Mac was a hero with a master strategy that won the war in the Pacific!

Your reasoning kind of reminds me of the Occupiers of Wall Street who say Owners of the company the build the business model, strategy and apply it do nothing, its the only the workers who matter!

give your brain a chance. he was warned by his own men he was to close to the point.

who ordered him off Bataan and why??? what were the objectives of taking the PI ???

ok GENERAL REGENT your in charge now. what's your strategy for fighting a war without killing anyone???

At times MacArthur displayed some bravery but it was mostly show, with photographers present. His exit from the landing craft at Leyte was a good example. He was furious that Wainwright surrendered and he shot down Wainright's being put in for the medal of honor?
As for the Phillipines, that invasion was unneeded, did not further the advance to Japan and used resources that might have been needed for the invasion. The Phillipines were a dead-end and led only to MacArthur being able to say I have returned. When the war ended, MacArthur's armies were still fighting on Luzon, the war had passed him by.
Reading of MacArthur is interesting and I would suggest some books.

"During a certain period in the not-too-distant past, Japan, through its colonial rule and aggression, caused tremendous damage and suffering to the people of many countries, particularly those of Asia. In the hope that no such mistake will be made in the future, I regard, in a spirit of humanity, these irrefutable facts of history, and express here once again my feelings of deep remorse and state my heartfelt apology." (August 15, 1995. Prime Minister Tomiichi Murayama.)

List of war apology statements issued by Japan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yeah, I posted that link too. The "they never apologized!" crowd got real quiet right about then.

At times MacArthur displayed some bravery but it was mostly show, with photographers present. His exit from the landing craft at Leyte was a good example. He was furious that Wainwright surrendered and he shot down Wainright's being put in for the medal of honor?
As for the Phillipines, that invasion was unneeded, did not further the advance to Japan and used resources that might have been needed for the invasion. The Phillipines were a dead-end and led only to MacArthur being able to say I have returned. When the war ended, MacArthur's armies were still fighting on Luzon, the war had passed him by.
Reading of MacArthur is interesting and I would suggest some books.

I agree that MacArthur was an interesting figure, but not necessarily a good military strategist. It was MacArthur who convinced pre-war strategists that the Phillipines could be held should Japan attack. It was MacArthur whose air force was decimated hours after the Pearl Harbor attack. It was MacArthur who attempted the disastrous strategy of attempting to defend all the Phillpines. Thus MacArthur was at the root of the initial defeat in the Phillipines and of untold suffering. Kimmel and Short were disgraced and fired after Pearl Harbor. The same fate could have occurred to MacArthur, but his perceived hero status saved him.

MacArthur's legend is the result of the publicity machine he ran during the war that gave sole credit to himself over his men. US leaders, in the wake of defeat after defeat, played along and made him a hero. Thus his medal of honor award. However making MacArthur such a hero was problematic when it came to running the war. It created a dual advance across the Phillipines and the retaking of the Phillipines which was a dubious strategy. US strategy always had to work around his large ego.

MacArthur was no coward. He was ordered off the Phillipines. His handling of Japan's occupation after the war was excellent. He also showed bold strategy in Korea with the amphibious landing an Inchon. Then Truman had to fire him when he got out of line.

At times MacArthur displayed some bravery but it was mostly show, with photographers present. His exit from the landing craft at Leyte was a good example.

What my father told me. He said the fight was over, Navy men on the beach drinking beer found somewhere.

There have been many apologies at various levels of the Japanese government and society at many times over the last few decades. Emperor Hirohito even showed up at HQ Japan in the Dai'Chi Insurance building, where MacAuthur had his suite, to offer an official apology, but the Supreme Commander refused to see him.

Forum List

Back