Diner Takes Down Bacon Sign That Offended Muslim Woman

Removing the sign was another victory on the road to making America a muslim nation.

Without the evil of bacon western civilization will crumble and the infidels will flock to Islam. ..... :cool:
Exactly right. Pure prescription of the Muslim Brotherhood >> "...destroying the Western civilization from within and "sabotaging" its miserable house by their hands..."

Yup! It's happened again, folks. Another foolish over-tolerant American, gives in to another UNtolerant Muslim, demanding that things be done the Muslim way, over the American way. It happened in a diner in Winooski, Vermont, when a Muslim woman who described herself as a “vegan and a member of a Muslim household” called a sign advertising bacon, offensive, the Burlington Free Press reported.

HA HA. How many times have we heard that word ? > ("offensive") So instead of the diner owner simply telling the woman "Sorry, but we don't have any restrictions on bacon in the USA," this dumbo caved in to this amazingly rude Muslim woman and not only took down the sign, but also apologized to her.

This act of cowardice, and disrespect for all Americans, was backed up by the town manager — using words like diversity and tolerance and dialogue.
“Winooski is a diverse community, and we like it that way,” city manager Katherine Decarreau told the Burlington Free Press.

Well, sorry Katherine, but diversity is one thing, Dumping American culture (the foods we eat) in order to appease the demands of a foreign culture is downright traitorous and disrepectful to the American people (last time I checked, Vermont was still part of America). How about asking the Muslim woman to exhibit a bit of "tolerance" herself for the WAY WE DO THINGS, here in America ? This reminds me of the infamous Lina Morales-Rising Star incident that blew up over a BLT sandwich.

Needless to say this little chunk of
Islamization (like thousands of others before it) enraged many citizens who fired off letters of disapproval. A Todd Starnes (author of the link article) said >> "This is America. We love bacon. If you have a problem with that, then feel free to head to the border. And don’t let the bacon grease hit you on the way out. May God Bless America – liberty and bacon for all!"

May God Bless America – liberty and bacon for all!

Vermont Diner Takes Down Bacon Sign That Offended Muslim Woman Fox News Insider

Wow!
Talk about skewed reporting!
The sign was in a garden, not inside the diner (although to be fair to Fox News, they reported this part correctly in your linked article).

The town manager also said
City Manager Decarreau said the city has no plans to make a policy decision on the advertisement, though she will be asking the Winooski Coalition for a Safe and Peaceful Community for advice.

"Like I said, it's an issue of free speech, and I'm not sure where city government gets involved," Decarreau said.
The diner removed a sign in an outside garden because in their judgement offending a section of the population in a culturally diverse town might be bad for business.
That's a private business decision.
Conservatives and Libertarians should applaud this private company's right to decide what's right for their business.

This is the quality of comment from some on Facebook
"Please try to tell as many people as you can around there about this ISIS loving anti-American business," wrote one commenter. "Let's run them out of business and then run the owners out if the USA. They can go open a place in Palestine."

Winooski, Vermont is not what I would describe as "culturally diverse".

Speaking of bacon;

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2007/01/05/texas-man-stages-pig-races-to-protest-islamic-neighbor-plans-to-build-mosque/#

Texas Man Stages Pig Races to Protest Islamic Neighbor's Plans to Build Mosque

KATY, Texas – When an Islamic group moved in next door and told Craig Baker the pigs on his family's 200-year-old Texas farm had to go, he and his swine decided to fight back.

Baker, 46, a stone-shop owner whose family has owned the farm for two centuries, says the association knew about the pigs when they bought the property, and it's not fair for them to ask him to get rid of the animals.

"I am just defending my rights and my property," Baker said. "They totally disrespected me and my family."

"That was the last straw for me ... calling me a liar, especially in front of three or four hundred people at that meeting," Baker said. "Mr. Fotouh said it would be a good idea if I considered packing up my stuff and moving out further to the country."
Another example of rude, Muslim arrogance. I hope some of those pigs ran inside that mosque during their services (with lots of mud on their hoofs) :D

Yup! It's happened again, folks. Another foolish over-tolerant American, gives in to another UNtolerant Muslim, demanding that things be done the Muslim way, over the American way. It happened in a diner in Winooski, Vermont, when a Muslim woman who described herself as a “vegan and a member of a Muslim household” called a sign advertising bacon, offensive, the Burlington Free Press reported.

HA HA. How many times have we heard that word ? > ("offensive") So instead of the diner owner simply telling the woman "Sorry, but we don't have any restrictions on bacon in the USA," this dumbo caved in to this amazingly rude Muslim woman and not only took down the sign, but also apologized to her.

This act of cowardice, and disrespect for all Americans, was backed up by the town manager — using words like diversity and tolerance and dialogue.
“Winooski is a diverse community, and we like it that way,” city manager Katherine Decarreau told the Burlington Free Press.

Well, sorry Katherine, but diversity is one thing, Dumping American culture (the foods we eat) in order to appease the demands of a foreign culture is downright traitorous and disrepectful to the American people (last time I checked, Vermont was still part of America). How about asking the Muslim woman to exhibit a bit of "tolerance" herself for the WAY WE DO THINGS, here in America ? This reminds me of the infamous Lina Morales-Rising Star incident that blew up over a BLT sandwich.

Islamization (like thousands of others before it) enraged many citizens who fired off letters of disapproval. A Todd Starnes (author of the link article) said >> "This is America. We love bacon. If you have a problem with that, then feel free to head to the border. And don’t let the bacon grease hit you on the way out. May God Bless America – liberty and bacon for all!"

Wow!
The sign was in a garden, not inside the diner (although to be fair to Fox News, they reported this part correctly in your linked article).

City Manager Decarreau said the city has no plans to make a policy decision on the advertisement, though she will be asking the Winooski Coalition for a Safe and Peaceful Community for advice.

"Like I said, it's an issue of free speech, and I'm not sure where city government gets involved," Decarreau said.
The diner removed a sign in an outside garden because in their judgement offending a section of the population in a culturally diverse town might be bad for business.
Conservatives and Libertarians should applaud this private company's right to decide what's right for their business.

"Please try to tell as many people as you can around there about this ISIS loving anti-American business," wrote one commenter. "Let's run them out of business and then run the owners out if the USA. They can go open a place in Palestine."

It was a decision by a private business.
You might disagree...so what?

Wow!

So if it's a business decision, we'll see if they put it back up since there have been many more complaints about it being removed.
I'm betting they'll continue to bend over and grab their ankles for a few who have complained of it being up.

At first blush one could be offended by the headline, but when you read the story and realize the owner of the diner removed the sign voluntarily, under no pressure, and without anger or outrage, the story just becomes a big shoulder shrug...

“We are here to serve people BREAKFAST, not politics. We removed the sign that was located on public property as a gesture of respect for our diverse community. There were also concerns raised about safety. Removing it was not a difficult decision. We still love bacon. We still love eggs. Please have the political conversation elsewhere.”

If you want to be offended, go for it.

I'll save my outrage for something that matters...

Wow!

Is that where you spent your last vacation ? Who ever even heard of his place, before this article came out ?

Wow!

It was a decision by a private business.
You might disagree...so what?

I don't disagree. They can do whatever they want, and it's Vermont - they're nice people. So they do what they can to not offend anyone.

The nonsense about "creeping sharia" is what I was getting at.

Wow!

Is that where you spent your last vacation ? Who ever even heard of his place, before this article came out ?

I've owned a house in Vermont for more than a decade, and I'd been living their part time longer than that.

Wow!

So if it's a business decision, we'll see if they put it back up since there have been many more complaints about it being removed.
I'm betting they'll continue to bend over and grab their ankles for a few who have complained of it being up.

I'll never be able to understand the thought process of Muslim ass-kissers who allow Muslim jihadist creeps to push them around, and make American culture subservient to the cancer of Islam. Lunacy.:cuckoo: >>
bow3.gif
:bow3::alirulz:

The "complaints" about it being removed have all come from blowhards on the internet, not actual customers.

At first blush one could be offended by the headline, but when you read the story and realize the owner of the diner removed the sign voluntarily, under no pressure, and without anger or outrage, the story just becomes a big shoulder shrug...

“We are here to serve people BREAKFAST, not politics. We removed the sign that was located on public property as a gesture of respect for our diverse community. There were also concerns raised about safety. Removing it was not a difficult decision. We still love bacon. We still love eggs. Please have the political conversation elsewhere.”

If you want to be offended, go for it.

I'll save my outrage for something that matters...
NO, IT DOES NOT become that, at all. You don't understand that it is one more example of the thousands of instances of Islamization, that is the Muslim Brotherhood's plan to do to America what World War II Nazis and Japs couldn't do. It is pure SUBVERSION, bit by bit.

I would have (bacon) made every item (bacon) on the menu include a (bacon) product of some sort.

Well, I guess that's a difference between you and the owners of this restaurant.

They're more interested in being friendly and community-oriented than making ridiculous petty "statements".
FALSE! They apparently offended many more people by removing the sign, than they were friendly to. If they were interested in being "community-oriented", they would restore the sign to where it was, to be friendly to the whole community, and not disrespect THEM, just to kiss some mouthy/intolerant Muslim's ass.

I would have (bacon) made every item (bacon) on the menu include a (bacon) product of some sort.

Well, I guess that's a difference between you and the owners of this restaurant.

They're more interested in being friendly and community-oriented than making ridiculous petty "statements".

From the looks of the backlash, the community favors my sense of humor over some petty whining by a single person.

If the word "Bacon" on a sign offends you, you are beyond overly sensitive.

The "complaints" about it being removed have all come from blowhards on the internet, not actual customers.
How the hell do you know ? I don't believe a word you're saying.

From the looks of the backlash, the community favors my sense of humor over some petty whining by a single person.

The "backlash" is coming from idiots like Todd Starnes, not "the community".

Islamists are beyond > "beyond overly sensitive". They are total intolerance, while demanding everyone be tolerant to them. As Brigitte Gabriel put it in her book, They Must Be Stopped, to Muslims, tolerance is "a one-way street".

The "backlash" is coming from idiots like Todd Starnes, not "the community".

It seems to me, from the articles I have read, that the backlash came from all over. From letters, emails, phone calls and yes, even FaceBook.

But, once again, if you are offended by the word "Bacon" on a sign in front a restaurant specializing in breakfast, you are far too sensitive. I would call it lunacy, but that would be insulting to the insane everywhere.

Forum List

Back