Discrimination Is Now Legal In Mississippi

Wing nuts are OK with businesses prying into the private liv s of free people under the guise of religious freedom to determine whether a potential client or the employee is gay and therefore undesirable.

Wing nuts will be wing nuts.

Staff is a perfect example.

Isn't that what the gays just did to Brendan Eich? They had to dig pretty deep to find a $1,000 donation in 2008.

Fucking pisses me off. The LGBT community lost a lot of goodwill because of that one.

"You see, Eich held the wrong pov on ssm so therefore, it was fine to ridicule him and force him out of his job."

Gays hold the wrong pov on sex. Therefore, it is fine to ridicule them? "The left wants discrimination. They have no objections to the worst discrimination. They just want to be able to discriminate against those they choose."

Last edited:
Well...at least until it's declared unconsititutional.

The poorest state in the union with the highest teen pregnancy rate, worst education system, second highest murder rate, and second worst obesity rate in the United States. Glad to see their priorities in order, and THIS is all they're worried about?

Oy!

Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant (R) has signed into law a “religious liberty” bill that could be used to justify various forms of discrimination, including anti-LGBT discrimination. The bill, SB 2681, was approved by the legislature earlier this week after being a conference between the House and Senate. It differs from other state’s “Religious Freedom Restoration Acts” (RFRAs) because Mississippi law defines the word “person” to include businesses, and thus it applies to corporations instead of just private citizens exercising their religious beliefs.

The Family Research Council, an anti-LGBT hate group, took credit for its passage:
The victory was a huge one for FRC, who worked with local churches and conservative policy organizations to coordinate a pastors’ letter in support of the measures with more than 600 signatures. That, in turn, helped to bring along the business community — which, in Arizona, was so deceived by the media and outside leftist groups that it couldn’t distinguish what the bill actually did. Mississippi companies didn’t have that problem, because the state tuned out the propaganda and focused on the actual language.
Incidentally, Bryant will defend the legislation Thursday afternoon on FRC’s radio show hosted by Tony Perkins.

You prefer to discriminate against babies? I believe in an unborn woman's right to choose. Do you think that if she could verbalize her wishes she would prefer to live or do you think she would prefer to be mutilated by forceps or burned with saline? The answer should be simple.

The poorest state in the union with the highest teen pregnancy rate, worst education system, second highest murder rate, and second worst obesity rate in the United States. Glad to see their priorities in order, and THIS is all they're worried about?

Oy!

Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant (R) has signed into law a “religious liberty” bill that could be used to justify various forms of discrimination, including anti-LGBT discrimination. The bill, SB 2681, was approved by the legislature earlier this week after being a conference between the House and Senate. It differs from other state’s “Religious Freedom Restoration Acts” (RFRAs) because Mississippi law defines the word “person” to include businesses, and thus it applies to corporations instead of just private citizens exercising their religious beliefs.

The Family Research Council, an anti-LGBT hate group, took credit for its passage:
The victory was a huge one for FRC, who worked with local churches and conservative policy organizations to coordinate a pastors’ letter in support of the measures with more than 600 signatures. That, in turn, helped to bring along the business community — which, in Arizona, was so deceived by the media and outside leftist groups that it couldn’t distinguish what the bill actually did. Mississippi companies didn’t have that problem, because the state tuned out the propaganda and focused on the actual language.
Incidentally, Bryant will defend the legislation Thursday afternoon on FRC’s radio show hosted by Tony Perkins.

You prefer to discriminate against babies? I believe in an unborn woman's right to choose. Do you think that if she could verbalize her wishes she would prefer to live or do you think she would prefer to be mutilated by forceps or burned with saline? The answer should be simple.

:eusa_shhh:
that's different in their eyes and it's blessed by the Democrat party so it's ok

Oy!

Bunch of nasty white trash in Mississippi

Cochran challenger drops out of rally with white nationalist | TheHill

Discrimination is legal everywhere in the United States.
In fact most is government sponsored.

1) Affirmative action.
2) Tax breaks based on the race/sex of a business owner
3) Education grants based on race.
3) Business grants based on race/sex of the owner.
4) Businesses, openly and included in their written policies, basing buying practices on race/sex of a vendor owner.

Yup!

Here's more:

1) Black Entertainment Television (BET) = perfectly fine.
White Entertainment Television (WET) = non-existent and racist.
Celebrities, Music, News, Fashion, Entertainment, TV Shows and Video | BET

2) Black Miss America Pageant = perfectly fine.
White Miss America Pageant = non-existent and racist.
Miss Black America: Home

3) Ebony Magazine = perfectly fine.
Ivory Magazine = racist.
EBONY

4) Black History Month = perfectly fine.
White History Month = non-existent and racist.
African American History

5) All Black Dating Sites = perfectly fine.
All White Dating Sites = non-existent (at least I've never heard of one) and racist.
BlackPeopleMeet.com - Black Dating Network for Black Singles

Personally? I don't care if blacks want exclusive TV shows, magazines, dating sites, etc. And I doubt that I would spend much time focusing on all white shows, magazines, and dating sites if they existed but if we're going to have one then we need to allow the other. Otherwise, the OP is right ... discrimination DOES exist in America (against white folks, that is).

Oy!

Good for Mississippi. Now EVERYONE has a right to choose. :eusa_clap:

Wing nuts are OK with businesses prying into the private liv s of free people under the guise of religious freedom to determine whether a potential client or the employee is gay and therefore undesirable.

Some of us wing nuts believe in the concept of free association, and believe that exercising that concept is not bigotry. If I don't like you, and/or I disapprove of your lifestyle or moral choices, I have the right not to associate with you, or even do business with you. Nor, do I need your approval to make those decisions.

You, and all others, are free to live your lives as you see fit. You do not have the right to expect me to accept your choices, anymore than I have the right to expect you to give up your choices.

Some of us wing nuts believe in the concept of free association, and believe that exercising that concept is not bigotry. If I don't like you, and/or I disapprove of your lifestyle or moral choices, I have the right not to associate with you, or even do business with you. Nor, do I need your approval to make those decisions.

You, and all others, are free to live your lives as you see fit. You do not have the right to expect me to accept your choices, anymore than I have the right to expect you to give up your choices.

Dang you ... some folks here HATE it when you make sense. And now they will HATE you as well (but then turn around and preach "tolerance").

Oy!

A southern man dont need you queers around anyhow.

Racist

Oy!

Bunch of nasty white trash in Mississippi

Cochran challenger drops out of rally with white nationalist | TheHill

The article is about a politician who refused to appear because a white racist was going to be there. That is the opposite of what you are claiming.
You are one stupid man, aren't you?

Religious freedom has to start someplace. Why not there? Are you afraid that this freedom notion might catch on?

My religion states that we hate Christians and need to shoot every one of them. So do I now have the right to go out and shoot any Christian I want based on religious freedom? Yea, didn't think so.

Religious freedom has to start someplace. Why not there? Are you afraid that this freedom notion might catch on?

My religion states that we hate Christians and need to shoot every one of them. So do I now have the right to go out and shoot any Christian I want based on religious freedom? Yea, didn't think so.

What religion is that? Obama-ism. Give it a few years and killing Christians will be as accepted here as it is in Egypt.

Oy!

A southern man dont need you queers around anyhow.

Yeah. Since they're all about "boycotting" folks who disagree with them maybe Mississippians will get lucky and see a mass, gay exodus from that state. :lol:

Big difference! Nobody is advocating "shooting" anyone. But I fully believe you have the right NOT to associate with Christians if it goes against your religion. See how easy that was?

Leave it to the left to assume that the freedom of religion inherent in the 1st Amendment is a form of discrimination.

Legislated bigotry isn't freedom.

Jude I in the New Testament clearly and concisely warns christians that if they stand by and allow a homosexual culture to take over the normal one, that they will be sent to hell and damned for eternity along with the homosexuals they refused to reach out to and help understand the errors of their learned compulsions.

ie: God gets really pissed off when his matrix gets "tampered with" and ends up like Ancient Greece. Quite a lot of gays back then for a condition that is supposedly "born that way". Get it?

Monkey see monkey do. Those who don't stand against it are doomed to hell. You can't expect these christians to choose between doing business and going to hell. So they refuse to serve anything or anyone trying to use their business to promote homosexuality. Do they hire gays? Yes. Do they serve gays in any other capacity? Of course. The mandate is to reach out to homosexuals but in no way whatsoever promote what they do as a normal social value.

Do you hire a leper? Yes. Do you serve a leper? Of course. Do you take the bacteria responsible for leprosy and spread it to other people with your assistance? Of course not! '

Ancient Greece shows us that homosexuality is both a learned trait and a social vector.

For more on that from secular scientists read here:

http://www.pphp.concordia.ca/fac/pfaus/Pfaus-Kippin-Centeno(2001).pdf
Conditioning and Sexual Behavior: A Review
James G. Pfaus,1 Tod E. Kippin, and Soraya Centeno
Center for Studies in Behavioral Neurobiology, Department of Psychology, Concordia
University, 1455 deMaisonneuve Bldg. W., Montre´al, Que´bec, H3G 1M8 Canada

Forum List

Back