Do liberals think the black lives matter folks are getting out of hand?

sakinago

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2012
Protesters drove Bernie Sanders from one Seattle stage. At his next stop 15 000 people showed. - The Washington Post

Personally I am concerned about a rising police state. I think most cops are good, but I think the career does attract power hungry people who abuse that power. But I think the black lives matter people only hurt the cause, not help. Especially when shouting down people who say all lives matter, crying foul in cases like Michael brown, and not looking at cold hard stats. They are creating their own straw man for people who back police no matter what.

So what do liberals think? Are they getting out of hand?

To be honest I think that these protesters could possibly be Hilary attack dogs scaring the black vote away from sanders.

Well......after all.....they are negroes. Of course they will get out of hand. That's the kind of thing that caused the thugs who started this whole mess to get shot.

The Democratic Party's problem with disruptors pales in comparison to the Republican Party's problem with The Disruptor.

The Democratic Party's problem with disruptors pales in comparison to the Republican Party's problem with The Disruptor.
Ok but what about this specific case? Do you disagree that they are making their own straw man for people who support the police?

Protesters drove Bernie Sanders from one Seattle stage. At his next stop 15 000 people showed. - The Washington Post

Personally I am concerned about a rising police state. I think most cops are good, but I think the career does attract power hungry people who abuse that power. But I think the black lives matter people only hurt the cause, not help. Especially when shouting down people who say all lives matter, crying foul in cases like Michael brown, and not looking at cold hard stats. They are creating their own straw man for people who back police no matter what.

To be honest I think that these protesters could possibly be Hilary attack dogs scaring the black vote away from sanders.

At this point, this group has nothing to say that I want to hear. This happened in AZ. I was done then.

Ok but what about this specific case? Do you disagree that they are making their own straw man for people who support the police?

lol, I don't even know what that means.
Straw man, like straw man argument. You misrepresent what the opposition is saying to score points by attacking something they are not even talking about.

E.g. Small government people want to get rid of roads and schools, look at how crazy they are. (When they don't agree with that)

So I think that black lives matter protesters are just giving ammo to the other side who support police no matter what

Well......after all.....they are negroes. Of course they will get out of hand. That's the kind of thing that caused the thugs who started this whole mess to get shot.
Well good thing LBJ handled the negroes when they got uppity.

In his own words

“These Negroes, they’re getting pretty uppity these days and that’s a problem for us since they’ve got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we’ve got to do something about this, we’ve got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference. For if we don’t move at all, then their allies will line up against us and there’ll be no way of stopping them, we’ll lose the filibuster and there’ll be no way of putting a brake on all sorts of wild legislation. It’ll be Reconstruction all over again.”
Read more at Civil Wrongs Lyndon B. Johnson The Black Sphere TheBlackSphere.net

Any protestors run the risk of damaging their own cause by going too far. That goes for politicians too, as we're seeing with The Donald.

Seeing these folks going after the Democrat candidates looks similar the way the GOP is experiencing its in-fighting - passion is great, but when you go absolutist the shit can really hit the fan.

Just another reminder of the terribly wasted opportunity that has been the Obama administration.

Any protestors run the risk of damaging their own cause by going too far. That goes for politicians too, as we're seeing with The Donald.

Seeing these folks going after the Democrat candidates looks similar the way the GOP is experiencing its in-fighting - passion is great, but when you go absolutist the shit can really hit the fan.

Just another reminder of the terribly wasted opportunity that has been the Obama administration.

I don't think infighting is bad, I don't consider one party where everyone is all in agreement and in lockstep a good thing. Just base it in reality

I don't think infighting is bad, I don't consider one party where everyone is all in agreement and in lockstep a good thing. Just base it in reality
Yep, and maybe some civility too!

:laugh:

Not sure yet.
Why don't you tell us what racist assholes think?

Probably not. They only wail over the grandma, grandpa's and Senior vets in the Tea party

these thugs in the onlycertainlivesmatters they are the kind they would all support

Not sure yet.
Couldn't tell you, I don't give a flying f what color you are, if your a douch bag, or a dick to people, I probably don't like you. But I guess disagreement is now racist, and apparently being white (or Asian in my case, close enough) Is inherently racist and inherently privileged (which is itself a racist statement).

It is their right to protest and if the candidates can't handle them do we really want them in office?

They are called Democratic candidates.

Well good thing LBJ handled the negroes when they got uppity.

In his own words

“These Negroes, they’re getting pretty uppity these days and that’s a problem for us since they’ve got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we’ve got to do something about this, we’ve got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference. For if we don’t move at all, then their allies will line up against us and there’ll be no way of stopping them, we’ll lose the filibuster and there’ll be no way of putting a brake on all sorts of wild legislation. It’ll be Reconstruction all over again.”
Read more at Civil Wrongs Lyndon B. Johnson The Black Sphere TheBlackSphere.net

Please provide the original source for that quote. You know....where he said it and exactly when. Maybe a transcript or a recording. I'd like to verify its authenticity. As should you.

Not sure yet.
Couldn't tell you, I don't give a flying f what color you are, if your a douch bag, or a dick to people, I probably don't like you. But I guess disagreement is now racist, and apparently being white (or Asian in my case, close enough) Is inherently racist and inherently privileged (which is itself a racist statement).
If you truly oppose a police state, you would be grateful for anything fighting against it.
If black lives mattered to you, you would support them rather than criticize them. That you are an active racist is obvious. That you are Asian is irrelevant.

Not sure yet.

You are asian? Then it is not possible for you to be racist.

Forum List

Back