Do majority of Republicans think Theory of Evolution is a fact ?

I believe in the idea of evolution. Just like all science, anytime you think you have all of the answers, you find out that you don’t. There are likely to be a lot more things to learn about evolution.
Merely one piece of evidence, there are apes

What???
Well, if we evolved from apes there shouldn’t be apes today!

That is also completely wrong, and your comment shows that you know less than nothing about evolution.
So tell me how a something can evolve and still remain? Post that link
Organisms do not evolve. They are born, live and then die. Populations of organisms evolve in that the gene frequencies change over time.

Humans evolved from forest apes who ventured out into the savannas. Apes remained in the forests. Two separate environmental niches. No reason for apes to disappear.

Soooo, did we get an answer?

I have seen lots of what appear to be republican posters argue with the wording, so how about this question?

Do majority of Republicans think Evolution is a fact ?

I say no and it is not even close to a majority

An even better question, is cuz the republicans appear to be in a civil war these daze

Do majority of Conservatives think Evolution is a fact ?
Can you State one fact?
The fossil record. Sue me cuz they are millions of facts.
Fossil record of what?

So...if primordial soup always produced life when struck by lightning.....

That's not what scientists hypothesize. They hypothesize that certain energy inputs, including lightning, storms, earthquakes, etc. could have caused formation of certain complex organics that then persisted.

You want to open the door to a hypothesis? Now we back slide to semi-educated guessing...

English please.

And if you have a point to make, just make it. Go on, state your claim and your argument for it. Then we can apply the same scrutiniy and evidentiary tests to your claims and arguments that scientists have to endure when publishing their science. Let's see how your claims stand up, shall we?

So, let's hear it.

Merely one piece of evidence, there are apes

What???

That is also completely wrong, and your comment shows that you know less than nothing about evolution.
Organisms do not evolve. They are born, live and then die. Populations of organisms evolve in that the gene frequencies change over time.

Humans evolved from forest apes who ventured out into the savannas. Apes remained in the forests. Two separate environmental niches. No reason for apes to disappear.
Evolved is adapted! And Darwin’s theory is bullshit. Sure but no. I thought first human was in Africa?

I have seen lots of what appear to be republican posters argue with the wording, so how about this question?

Correct, it is not, which is why Republican politicians are forced to lie about believing in evolution.
I actually think they do believe in evolution but have to lie about it for their base.

Right, that's what I am saying. In the same manner, no doubt many atheist politicians are lying about having a religion.

That's not what scientists hypothesize. They hypothesize that certain energy inputs, including lightning, storms, earthquakes, etc. could have caused formation of certain complex organics that then persisted.

You want to open the door to a hypothesis? Now we back slide to semi-educated guessing...

English please.

And if you have a point to make, just make it. Go on, state your claim and your argument for it. Then we can apply the same scrutiniy and evidentiary tests to your claims and arguments that scientists have to endure when publishing their science. Let's see how your claims stand up, shall we?

So, let's hear it.

You were the one speaking of terms. I simply corrected you. Deal with it.

English please.

So, let's hear it.
Scientists need feedback.

Correct, it is not, which is why Republican politicians are forced to lie about believing in evolution.
I actually think they do believe in evolution but have to lie about it for their base.

Right, that's what I am saying. In the same manner, no doubt many atheist politicians are lying about having a religion.
Atheism is a religion!

Through faith, I am comfortable that once science can no longer explain how life came to be to the last detail, a deity is involved at that point.

Atheism is a religion!

Yes, they believe quite firmly there is no God, up to about a few minutes before death.

Name something that evolved!
We did. We evolved from fish!

Name something that evolved!
We did. We evolved from fish!
I thought from paper?

Like trump

The fact that we are still calling it the THEORY of Evolution rather than the LAW of Evolution suggests it cannot be proven withoit doubt.

The biggest problem here is that the Theory of Evolution can't be proven without doubt, but the theory of the Bible can't be proven with a single fact.

That's the difference.

Do you believe 99% certainty or 0% certainty?

The right wing view often seems to be, either 100% or nothing.

The key word is "belief" sorry a belief in evolution is not a fact .

View attachment 162746

Do you have any facts to support creationism?

So you don’t think Gravitational theory and Electromagnetic theory are describing facts?

Theories are not facts, even you admit it as is evident from your subtle yet entirely obvious change of the word to "describing facts".

Theories are also always falsifiable.

Anyway, did the evolution stop at the neck, inquiring minds want to know!

A theory is a scientific explanation of observed facts.

Creation is a myth with absolutely zero facts.
You don't accept yourself into evidence?

A theory is a plausible explanation of evidence.

Evolution can not and does not explain creation, that is another misunderstanding.

Creation, with a capital C, refers to Creationism, a religious belief. It does not refer to the scientific creation of live on earth, if there is such a thing.
So? Creationism, using your term, has been believed by man since the dawn of man. There is no other plausible theory to the creation of life on Earth. What we do know is that life from non-life is an impossibility.

You could not be more wrong.

Evolved is adapted! And Darwin’s theory is bullshit. Sure but no. I thought first human was in Africa?
Adaptation is a behavioral change. Evolution is a physiological change.

General consensus is that the first human appeared in Africa, yes. There are still apes in Africa.

Maybe you could explain your question. The definition of theory is:
Definition of theory

1 : a plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered to explain phenomena
  • the wave theory of light
The definition of fact is: a thing that is indisputably the case

Definition of plausible: (of an argument or statement) seeming reasonable or probable

So using those definitions, your question then becomes an Oxymoron: definition: a figure of speech in which apparently contradictory terms appear in conjunction (e.g., faith unfaithful kept him falsely true).

As can be seen the theory of evolution is not fact, but could be fact.

So EVERYONE would need to answer your question, "accept the theory of evolution as fact?" with the answer no. Your real question should be, do Republicans accept the theory of evolution as the most plausible explanation for the rise of man, or variety of the animals?

Plausible thus becomes the sticking point but to be honest to substitute fact for plausible seems to me to be a mistake. Or, it is not a mistake, it is a way that people word things to make their point seem more valid. I get from you question, you are actually asking, do Republicans accept the FACT of evolution, or are they a bunch of dumbasses? Again the oxymoron of accepting theory as actual fact.

Then we can get started on micro and macro evolution. It is pretty easy to see micro evolution. But in fact, micro evolution is merely adaptation, survival of the fittest. If the environment changes the animal usually dies, or adapts trait that allows the animal to live, but they stay the same animal with different traits. Those animals that can't adapt die as we have seen from the fossil record.

Macro evolution, where one animal turns into another completely different animal is harder to find the facts to support. Could be just a case of plausibility. In my opinion the fossil record does not support macro evolution. I am far from an expert but I do not see evidence of animals with 1/2 a developed eye. Or do I fully understand why an Ape, or whatever was the common ancestor to man, would move out of the habitat and develop into man. Usually migration of animals is based on pressure from things like availability of food. That would not seem to be the case in the migration of man out of Africa. Or maybe it is like spilling paint and man just grew out of Africa.

Which now gets us into the problem of evolution, did it stop? If man evolved from earlier man in Africa does that mean those in Africa are less evolved? (Africa used as a general term for the origin of man wherever that actually may have occurred.)

The polar bears, global warming isn't happening fast it is happening rather slowly over a period of time. So why have the polar bears not evolved to live in the changing habitat? If evolution theory is accepted as fact, wrongly, then it is the natural course of events for the polar bear to go extinct if it can not adapt or evolve. Who are we, as mere men, to get in the way of nature?

For me the plausibility of the rise of life from non life is not explained by the theory of evolution. There is absolutely no evidence of life starting from non-life. Considering the complexity of the human body it is more plausible to me that life didn't start by a remarkable set of chances all occurring when there was no reason for them to occur. i.e. a single cell evolving into two cells. Let alone DNA happening by chance, adaptation or random selection. Too complicated to believe we happened by chance.

So there really is only one plausible answer to the rise of man, one that since the dawn of man, has been believed.

Ever notice how Creationists never defend creationism, they can only attempt to attack evolution. 100% of the time, creation cannot meet the high standards they impose on evolution.

Did I attack evolution? I don't believe I did. Do you think that the OP was attacking with his post?

What high expectation placed on evolution? By whom? By those who make the implied claim that evolution is an explanation to how life was created in the first place? Evolution theory never makes that claim because it can't.

I think, therefor I am, therefor I was created. Pretty simple.

Yes, you attacked it, many times.

Yes, he was attacking.

A lot of high expectations placed on evolution, a list too long to name all of them, in general, Creationists demand solid proof of evolution but provide none for creationism.

No one makes that claim, Creationists made that up.

Science itself evolves.

There were times when being human was defined as having reason. Later it was obvious some animals could reason. It switched to man can use tools. Then a few smartass animals were found to use tools.

Forum List

Back