Zone1 Do most Jews believe they killed Jesus?

The Talmud dictates that every man that goes to war gives his wife a Get.
I hope you can admit that your knowledge of Torah Law is non-existent.

I don't know anything about the Torah. So divorce was automatic if you went to war? How clever of King David.

I totally understand the difference between the two. Even while I used the cliche "forgive and forget" I was not inferring Jews are not forgiving. I am interested in the reasons for clinging to and remembering tragedy rather than moving on.
I wouldn’t say Jews “cling” to tragedy. We have many joyous holidays and take joy in performing mitzvot, as well. In a couple of weeks, in fact, I am going to a party because I, along with many other women in my class, just completed learning a major section of the Torah. There is going to be a wonderful celebration!

But still, life is not all joyous, and Jews have had more of their share of “tsoris” over the centuries than other religions. It is important that we pay proper respect to the memory of people, and the destructions (plural) of the temples, and other sad and tragic events. Again, it is a matter of respect and recognition of solemn moments and occurrences.

I don't picture Jesus as anything but a man who happened to be a charismatic religious leader and the single greatest venture capitalist that ever lived

lol...

I'm sure that's all there is if that's all that you can see. Even so if what I have shown you is true then everyone who claims moral authority based on an irrational belief in a sinless sugar coated edible triune mangod, a hallucinating austere religious zealot, is basing their beliefs on a lie, beliefs that pervert their perception of life, all laws and customs, views of good and evil, right and wrong, who is a sinner or saint, and who is praised or condemned.

Are you OK with all of our religious and political leaders being perverse actors and lying frauds, creating chaos in society and building prisons for all of the victims of their bullshit beliefs?

Are you OK with people who have usurped power and lord it over everyone else by being so dogmatic about words and subjects about which they know nothing?

If not then maybe you should dig a little deeper, if you can dig it at all.

I don't know anything about the Torah. So divorce was automatic if you went to war? How clever of King David.
Not automatic; a Get had to be prepared upon marriage to stipulate a divorce upon the husband going on a perilous journey.

Sure he did. He committed adultery on his wife.
Here we get into a culture we cannot fully understand. David had eight wives, and as I recall Bathsheba may not have even been the favorite wife. The Bible also mentions at least ten concubines.

And, of course, Bathsheba plotted against the rightful heir of David's throne, favoring her own son, Solomon, who naturally had the rightful heir killed.

Those people are difficult to like, but David's grief over Absalom is genuine and heartbreaking. I can relate to that.

Again, it is a matter of respect and recognition of solemn moments and occurrences.
That I understand, and what may be an inappropriate comparison for you, the best way I understand/empathize the yearly reminders of the tragedies is the yearly remembrance of the crucifixion. Thank you.

Scripture teaches that we were formed in the image and likeness of God; that there is the divine breath/divine spark in each of us. In our lessons we were taught to look for and fine that divine spark in everyone we meet.

Why be blind to that divine spark? Why can only see hate and hypocrisy? Yes, we should all be more...but we should all also see more. So why don't we?
Hypocrisy

Scripture teaches that we were formed in the image and likeness of God; that there is the divine breath/divine spark in each of us. In our lessons we were taught to look for and fine that divine spark in everyone we meet.

Why be blind to that divine spark? Why can only see hate and hypocrisy? Yes, we should all be more...but we should all also see more. So why don't we?

we we we we we we we.

How many of you are there?

That I understand, and what may be an inappropriate comparison for you, the best way I understand/empathize the yearly reminders of the tragedies is the yearly remembrance of the crucifixion. Thank you.
Yes, that is an appropriate analogy. You certainly observe Easter in commemoration of Jesus’ crucification, and yet I wouldn’t say Christians cling to tragedy. Good analogy.

Agree. Technically, the thread is in violation of Zone 1 and could have been closed from the start. The question in the headline is a not-so-subtle form of saying “Christ killers!”

And for some reason, Christians can‘t seem to understand that Jesus is a complete non-entity to us. I’ve been going to services and taking classes at the synagogue since I was 5 years old, and never ONCE was he mentioned. The only reason Jews even think of Jesus, to the extent they do - which is almost never - is because of the harm to Jews that Christians did over the millennia, as a result of their belief he was a deity of some sort and the start of a new religion.

you keep claiming that - there were no christians till the 4th century ... why is it only desert trash equate the 1st century events as their providence when all three conspire to mitigate the heavenly event as something for them of little value ...

well, in the jewish case how many murderers ever show repentance for their dastardly crime or feel they should be held accountable for their response -

response to the heavenly inspired liberation theology, self determination they went out of their way to destroy as thoroughly as possible - and used by 4th century christians in the same disregard for the true meaning they likewise misrepresent in the fullest possible manner. their religion of servitude and false messiah.

The Jews didn't have any army. Were Jews oppressing other Jews?
They had armies all through their history. I'm not sure where that comes from, though; nothing about armies in 5:41, either.

And yes, they oppressed each other. Read Psalm 82, for example. Or James Chapter 5.

Americans oppress each other, too. It happens.

Don't over seven billion people of faith qualify for a 'we'? I am sorry I made you think I was speaking only of myself.

You're sorry? Ha. Don't be silly. I know exactly what you are speaking for. A person who constantly speaks of themself in the plural either thinks they are royalty or are speaking for a crowd. Either way the prognosis isn't good. You are one person, not a we, unless you have lost your soul.

Over seven billion people of faith hold tens of thousands of differing and contradictory beliefs.

You speak for them all?

What name do y'all go by?

Last edited:
Israel was a
They had armies all through their history. I'm not sure where that comes from, though; nothing about armies in 5:41, either.

And yes, they oppressed each other. Read Psalm 82, for example. Or James Chapter 5.

Americans oppress each other, too. It happens.

Israel was a client state of the Roman empire in the 1st century BC.

Forum List

Back