Zone1 Do most Jews believe they killed Jesus?

Not automatic; a Get had to be prepared upon marriage to stipulate a divorce upon the husband going on a perilous journey.

David took Bathsheba before her husband was sent to war.

The Jews didn't have any army. Were Jews oppressing other Jews?
It didn't necessarily reference carrying a burden as being oppressed. New Testament books have many instances of encouraging everyone to carry each other's burdens. Those burdens aren't just weighted objects.
If someone asks for help, given them twice as much as they ask--and do so with a happy heart.

It didn't necessarily reference carrying a burden as being oppressed. New Testament books have many instances of encouraging everyone to carry each other's burdens. Those burdens aren't just weighted objects.
If someone asks for help, given them twice as much as they ask--and do so with a happy heart.

What was the burning issue of the 1st century? Why were the Jewish factions fighting each other and the Romans?

A really ma
A Roman soldier's pack weighed nearly 60 pounds.

I, too, favor laughter. But I was sincerely sorry. Didn't mean to annoy you or anyone else.

You didn't annoy me so, sincerely, please stop being obsequious. I see through you.

I just wanted to alert you to something important, a matter of life and death. Eternal.

Be one as God is one. Speak for yourself. You are not a we anymore than God is many.

As with the gerasene demoniac, speaking in the plural is a symptom of a soul sickness...the signature of being consumed by a self-negating multiplicity that is disintegrating into nothingness.

I see through you.
I recommend glasses. Also, those I annoy should put me on ignore. Seriously. If using 'we' when referencing of people of faith is an issue, then everything said is an issue and for peace of mind, ignore me. Seriously.

I see you failed your Halacha class.
How about all those good Christians committing murder all day around the world.
I don't cut my fellow Christian any slack when they mess up. How else can we expect them or anyone else to learn from their mistakes unless they suffer the consequences of their actions?

If I took your Halacha class would it teach me it's ok to cheat on my wife with another man's wife?

There's no mention of a Jewish army after the Maccabeans.
Revelation. The Great Revolt.

But here's something interesting that only a Preterist would notice. In the Great Revolt, Rome's armies were the Lord's armies. The Jews made "war against him who was sitting on the horse and against his army" (Rv 19:19). Jesus foretold this in a parable. The troops who slaughtered the Jews belonged to the king: and he sent his troops and destroyed those murderers (Mt 22:7).

As God had done periodically in the Old Testament, He enlisted the services of foreign forces for His purposes. As J Stuart Russell said in his The Parousia, "The Roman armies were but the executioners of divine justice; and Jerusalem perished for her guilt and rebellion against the king."

Rome is not the antagonist in the NT.

Last edited:
I don't cut my fellow Christian any slack when they mess up. How else can we expect them or anyone else to learn from their mistakes unless they suffer the consequences of their actions?

If I took your Halacha class would it teach me it's ok to cheat on my wife with another man's wife?
It’s unfortunate that many people created in the image of secular society in the late 20th century believe it’s ok to do almost anything they please.

Here we get into a culture we cannot fully understand. David had eight wives, and as I recall Bathsheba may not have even been the favorite wife. The Bible also mentions at least ten concubines.

And, of course, Bathsheba plotted against the rightful heir of David's throne, favoring her own son, Solomon, who naturally had the rightful heir killed.

Those people are difficult to like, but David's grief over Absalom is genuine and heartbreaking. I can relate to that.
I guess adultery didn't mean the same thing back then. It's a wonder it ever made it as a commandment.

What if they taught you it’s not ok?
I understand that you cannot connect with the concept of divorce because it’s forbidden in the NT.

It’s unfortunate that many people created in the image of secular society in the late 20th century believe it’s ok to do almost anything they please.
I agree but is it that they are created in the image of secular society as much as it is they worship created things instead of the Creator? Because it seems to me that that is the root cause of man's failure to be accountable for his actions.

I recommend glasses. Also, those I annoy should put me on ignore. Seriously. If using 'we' when referencing of people of faith is an issue, then everything said is an issue and for peace of mind, ignore me. Seriously.

Why do you think that you annoy me? Truth is I just feel sorry for you. Try to understand that I am not criticizing, condemning or making fun of you anymore than a doctor is criticizing, condemning or making fun of you when he tells you that you have cancer because the blood test confirms it.

And if me being neighborly annoys you then take your own advice and put me on ignore.

I agree but is it that they are created in the image of secular society as much as it is they worship created things instead of the Creator? Because it seems to me that that is the root cause of man's failure to be accountable for his actions.
You can believe that what you are doing is being done in spite of the fact that you know God exists and is all knowing.
Check Nimrod who committed pe-shah to spite God.

Revelation. The Great Revolt.

But here's something interesting that only a Preterist would notice. In the Great Revolt, Rome's armies were the Lord's armies. The Jews made "war against him who was sitting on the horse and against his army" (Rv 19:19). Jesus foretold this in a parable. The troops who slaughtered the Jews belonged to the king: and he sent his troops and destroyed those murderers (Mt 22:7).

As God had done periodically in the Old Testament, He enlisted the services of foreign forces for His purposes. As J Stuart Russell said in his The Parousia, "The Roman armies were but the executioners of divine justice; and Jerusalem perished for her guilt and rebellion against the king."

Yes. I think Jesus was trying to avoid the rebellion that would destroy the Jews.

Lots of foreigners fought under Titus... Arabs, Egyptians, Syrians etc.

Forum List

Back