Do you believe in God?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next thing you know he'll be arguing against normalization of deviance and locus of control.

Some people - like Hollie and sparky - have to lose what they have to appreciate what they have.
Some people - like @Hollie and @sparky - have to lose what they have to appreciate what they have.
you're a joke bing, surly that would not pertain more for you, christianity than anyone here for mentioned.
But I do realize the spirit of God is within me.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

What ever you wish to believe is fine. It changes nothing.
Attitude changes everything. In fact, it is happiness which leads to success. Success does not lead to happiness.

Yes it does

I was a lot less happy when I was struggling to get by.
It's called the happiness advantage and it's well documented.

Not buying it.

If you're happy there is no impetus to change.

Contentment leads to laziness.

I don't care how happy you are you can still be poor as shit
Then you are going against science.

psychology isn't really science
Guess you won't be taking advantage of the happiness advantage then. :lol:

No such thing.

I didn't get out the the shit hole inner city I grew up in by being happy about being there

I got out because I hated the place and had no intention of living there and scraping to get by like everyone else.

I didn't get out because I was happy. I got out because I was stubborn and determined
And has absolutely nothing to do with what science has proven concerning the happiness advantage. Which is that performance is 33% improved when one is happy relative to negative, neutral or stressed.

You sure do argue against science a lot. :lol:

It's bullshit so not science.

Nothing that asks people how they feel is scientific.

Some people - like Hollie and sparky - have to lose what they have to appreciate what they have.
Some people - like @Hollie and @sparky - have to lose what they have to appreciate what they have.
you're a joke bing, surly that would not pertain more for you, christianity than anyone here for mentioned.

Attitude changes everything. In fact, it is happiness which leads to success. Success does not lead to happiness.

Yes it does

Not buying it.

No such thing.

I didn't get out the the shit hole inner city I grew up in by being happy about being there

I got out because I hated the place and had no intention of living there and scraping to get by like everyone else.

I didn't get out because I was happy. I got out because I was stubborn and determined
And has absolutely nothing to do with what science has proven concerning the happiness advantage. Which is that performance is 33% improved when one is happy relative to negative, neutral or stressed.

lol, you haven't even looked into it. You are speaking from a position of ignorance. That's not a very successful behavior.

When one is happy, two things will happen; dopamine is released and all the learning centers of the brain turn on.

They can actually measure which parts of the brain light up when people experience emotions. So the brain activity can actually be measured despite what certain science deniers believe.

Yes it does

Not buying it.

No such thing.

lol, you haven't even looked into it. You are speaking from a position of ignorance. That's not a very successful behavior.
There is one book on the subject I can find and it belongs right next to other bullshit self help books like Think and Grow Rich

And I have been successful.

I was orphaned and in foster care at 14, an emancipated minor at 17 and by the time i was 30 I owned half a dozen rental properties now I'm 45 with more properties and don't have to work anymore if I don't want to in fact I live on about 40% of my income the rest I invest.

I didn't get where I am because I was "happy" with my situation. I got out because i refused to accept my situation.

When one is happy, two things will happen; dopamine is released and all the learning centers of the brain turn on.

They can actually measure which parts of the brain light up when people experience emotions. So the brain activity can actually be measured despite what certain science deniers believe.
Eating a lot of chocolate does the same thing.

So you might as well say eat a lot of chocolate and you'll be successful

Yes it does

Not buying it.

No such thing.

This from one who is a expert at speaking from ignorance and having no success at it.

BTW, your dislike of me just makes my day as it means that you don't like to be challenged and just admitted it.
I love challenges. It would be nice if you could actually pose one. Defeating you has been pretty easy.
But your version of defeating someone is one inane comment after another by you, each unrelated to the last, until someone would rather drink bleach than read another post by you, and ao stops posting to you.
I wouldn't have expected you to see it any other way, FF. But the reality is the content of what I have written has not been refuted.

Feel free to take a stab at it. Or you could just throw rocks at me like you usually do.

Actually, everything you have written has been refuted, you are just refusing to acknowledge it, or to pig-headed.

Yes it does

Not buying it.

No such thing.

You sure do argue against science a lot.
:link:

you sure do make up whatever is convenient to win your (self anointed) arguments ...

Yes it does

Not buying it.

No such thing.

There is one book on the subject I can find and it belongs right next to other bullshit self help books like Think and Grow Rich

I was orphaned and in foster care at 14, an emancipated minor at 17 and by the time i was 30 I owned half a dozen rental properties now I'm 45 with more properties and don't have to work anymore if I don't want to in fact I live on about 40% of my income the rest I invest.

I didn't get where I am because I was "happy" with my situation. I got out because i refused to accept my situation.
I don't need your origin story.

I am more than happy (no pun intended) for you to ignore the science. I'm quite used to you doing that.

Emmons & McCullough, 2003
Slatcher& Pennebaker, 2006
Babyaket al., 2000
Shapiro & Schwartz, 2005
Achor, 2010

Yes it does

Not buying it.

No such thing.

you sure do make up whatever is convenient to win your (self anointed) arguments ...
I'm not surprised that atheists argue against this self evident truth.

Eating a lot of chocolate does the same thing.

So you might as well say eat a lot of chocolate and you'll be successful
Actually only dopamine turns on all the learning centers of the brain. So... no.

BTW, your dislike of me just makes my day as it means that you don't like to be challenged and just admitted it.
I love challenges. It would be nice if you could actually pose one. Defeating you has been pretty easy.
But your version of defeating someone is one inane comment after another by you, each unrelated to the last, until someone would rather drink bleach than read another post by you, and ao stops posting to you.
I wouldn't have expected you to see it any other way, FF. But the reality is the content of what I have written has not been refuted.

Feel free to take a stab at it. Or you could just throw rocks at me like you usually do.

Actually, everything you have written has been refuted, you are just refusing to acknowledge it, or to pig-headed.
Can you be more specific about what you believe has been refuted other than saying everything?

You know actually detail point by point what you believe had been refuted.

Yes it does

Not buying it.

No such thing.

This from one who is a expert at speaking from ignorance and having no success at it.
That sounds a lot like rhetoric to me. Can you be more specific about what you believe I am ignorant about?

Yes it does

Not buying it.

No such thing.

He is denying any personal responsibility for anything in his life. Good, bad decisions that he makes he pushes off onto some entity because he cannot stand on his own.

Yes it does

Not buying it.

No such thing.

I don't need your origin story.

I am more than happy (no pun intended) for you to ignore the science. I'm quite used to you doing that.

Emmons & McCullough, 2003
Slatcher& Pennebaker, 2006
Babyaket al., 2000
Shapiro & Schwartz, 2005
Achor, 2010

So you admit to just accepting any story that makes you happy? There is no actual science behind what you claim, only wishful desires and opinions that give you a warm fuzzy feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back