Do You Know How Immunity Works?

vlad_hombre

VIP Member
Feb 7, 2017
It's only granted if you can deliver someone higher up.

Who's higher up than national security advisor?

Ruh roh.

Jesus Christ would take immunity testifying to a room full of democrats, god knows how they like to spin things...

BTW you do know the reason why he wants it right?

Immunity is protection against incrimination from your own testimony. It is always used when someone has information that would further a criminal investigation of someone else.

It's possible that Flynn's testimony might not negatively impact someone else (although unlikely), but it is a virtual guarantee that Flynn will confess to a crime in his testimony.

Immunity is protection against incrimination from your own testimony. It is always used when someone has information that would further a criminal investigation of someone else.

It's possible that Flynn's testimony might not negatively impact someone else (although unlikely), but it is a virtual guarantee that Flynn will confess to a crime in his testimony.

The question is not why someone would seek immunity.

It is why it would be granted.

If immunity is granted, this administration is burnt toast.

Why?

He is saving his own ass.

Exactly. A US prosecutor wont grant immunity unless the testimony would significantly further a criminal investigation.

Of course, his testimony might just take down a campaign official and not Trump himself.

Jesus Christ would take immunity testifying to a room full of democrats, god knows how they like to spin things...

BTW you do know the reason why he wants it right?

Oh brother...Flynn himself said getting immunity happens when you committed a crime..

4th thread.
Here is his statement, no use of the word immunity. The press threw it in there-
WASHINGTON — The attorney representing President Trump's former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn said late Thursday that his client would not submit to questioning in the ongoing investigations into Russian interference in the 2016 election without protection against possible prosecution.

"No reasonable person, who has the benefit of advice from counsel, would submit to questioning in such a highly politicized, witch-hunt environment without assurances against unfair prosecution,'' attorney Robert Kelner said in a written statement.

And any lawyer worth their weight would want that assurance, in this highly politicized atmosphere, when some Dems have mentioned dusting off the Logan Act, from 1799, when even Hillary's campaign members spoke with foreign officials, yet not a word.

Ruh roh.

He's not fearing Trump. He is fearing the Dem witch hunt. Nothing more.

He isn't the first to make that spin btw.

If he doesn't confess to a crime in his testimony, then what does he have to fear?

There's no immunity from a "witch hunt", dumbass.

Immunity is only granted if you can deliver the goods on your boss.

If Flynn is trying to play this, he'll go to prison.

Neither is true, moron.

Sent from my SM-G930U using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

BWAHAHAHA!!!

Last edited:
A witch hunt, dear. As you know the Logan Act makes it illegal for anyone to speak with foreign officials, but both sides have ignored that law. And it has been brought up now and then in witch hunts i.e. Partisan political purposes, but ultimately never used, as both sides are guilty of it.
From an article by the Atlantic-

Foran: In the intervening time from when it was passed until now, how frequently has the act been dredged up, and has it often been for partisan political purposes?

Vladeck: I think it is not a coincidence that it is usually critics of a particular political party who trot out the Logan Act to criticize activities implicating our foreign policy, whether by members of Congress or transition team officials or individuals who aren’t in the executive branch but have close ties to it. I think the theory is that the Logan Act is an easy principle to grasp. And I think we have a tendency these days to not think a policy objection is sufficiently strong unless we can also explain some way in which it’s also grounded in the law. But I also think it gets brought up because people want to make headlines, and the easy headline is that Mike Flynn may have violated the Logan Act

He isn't the first to make that spin btw.

If he doesn't confess to a crime in his testimony, then what does he have to fear?

Neither is true, moron.

I sometimes wonder what will happen when you realize your time in the sun has been so very short.

Will we have to put you down?

I hope not.

Ruh roh.

So what about those folks connected to the hildabitch who were given immunity, who did they deliver?

Forum List

Back