Do you really want to go to "Heaven" when you die?

"merciful god" :lol:
"i order you to go kill those innocent babies and children for sins they might do one day" :rolleyes:
That's why you don't believe in God?

Really?
1 of 100 reasons, yes.
What are the other reasons? You don't have to list them all, just the main ones

Because this one is an interpretation of what they perceived God told them and your interpretation of what you think they meant.
First of all, ding, i dotn give a shit about how someone else interprets something. All that means is they inject personal bias to explain something. I only pay attention to what it actually states with context.
I dont believe something so intelligent to have made the universe would be that jealous, greedy, tyrannical and murderous. Those are all signs of a simple mind.
The contradictions
The story of creation contradicts the laws of physics he supposedly made.
There is no proof.
I believe man made the concept of a god because they have to fill in holes with something, which, IMO, is illogical. You cant know everything..
Also, some stories have been ripped off by earlier religions.
I dont doubt the possibility of a creator. I doubt the concepts developed by man. I hope to goodness one day i find out for certain.

A good computer programmer can create any fantasy he desires, in the form of an interactive game. Yet, you cannot believe that a being, so far advanced in intelligence, can not create a better game?

I don't want to go to Hell.

does this answer the OP's question

Why would you want to spend eternity with that murdering tyrant anyways?
Fuck that.
Who wants to spend all of eternity with no one but themselves?

You don't get it. They don't believe in eternity, they don't believe in hell, and they don't care about what you believe. Shit, even the Pope doesn't believe in hell as an afterlife place of eternal torment.

They think that they will spend eternity in nothingness..like a dried up turd that disappears forever..

And I'm sure that a just and merciful God will let them have their way....

Hell, like a final warning, is the experience of people on their way to destruction. Their problem like a rat that stumbled and fell into a smoldering garbage pit is they think they have found paradise.
It doesn't matter what any of us BELIEVE. We're all going to the same place, whatever/wherever that is. To think that you read something in a book about some invisible being that cares what you do, and that's what's happening is ludicrous, fantastical and idiotic.

Yes, I believe all, or at least the vast majority of us, will all go to the same place when we depart this life. That is, until we are sent back here to have another go at getting it right.
We will be sent back here in an eternal circle, but not to get it right, just for our souls to have something to do.

The wisdom of the Bible?

Laws of Rape (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NAB)

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

This is why white Republicans support slavery:

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ.(Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them. (1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)

Bible wisdom. Scary.

No scary words from Jesus?

Interesting.

According to Jesus Moses made certain rules for the people because their minds were closed. Misinterpret his meaning and the next thing you know people are mutilating their own penises for thousands of years.

Apparently God has a messed up sense of humor.

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure lying buried in a field. The man who found it, buried it again."

Like when searching for gold, when searching for wisdom from God you have to sort through a lot of crap and take great care in how you interpret what you read as if you were searching for hidden manna in a booby trapped building.

Take my advice, don't try and be clever. Whether you are seeking to prove or disprove the bible, one wrong move and its curtains.
Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them. (1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)

Teach these truths, Timothy.

Who is talking to Timothy?

And he's saying be a good slave?

Think it through.

Good questions. I have thought it through. Paul seems to contradict Jesus on many issues foundational to salvation.

That leaves two possibilities. Either Paul was a deceiver, deliberately hijacking the cult to put pharisaic misogynistic and homophobic judgments into the mouth of Jesus to spread among the gentiles not to mention blasphemy virtually eliminating the possibility that any rational Jew would ever give two thoughts to Jesus or christianity..

And since his letters were mostly written in roman jails, it is also possible that his letters were redacted before delivery to favor the empire by making suffering poverty and subservience a virtue......with or without his consent. Who knows what torture he may have been subjected to.

Maybe all of the above.

Either way, most of what was written in his name is at best highly suspect.
There’s a third way, you were conned into believing a book of fiction.
You misspelled wisdom.
No, to you, wisdom and fiction are synonymous.

Fuck that.

You don't get it. They don't believe in eternity, they don't believe in hell, and they don't care about what you believe. Shit, even the Pope doesn't believe in hell as an afterlife place of eternal torment.

They think that they will spend eternity in nothingness..like a dried up turd that disappears forever..

Hell, like a final warning, is the experience of people on their way to destruction. Their problem like a rat that stumbled and fell into a smoldering garbage pit is they think they have found paradise.
When did I mention hell?
Every time you open your mouth and only absurdities come out.
When did I mention hell?

No scary words from Jesus?

Interesting.

According to Jesus Moses made certain rules for the people because their minds were closed. Misinterpret his meaning and the next thing you know people are mutilating their own penises for thousands of years.

Apparently God has a messed up sense of humor.

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure lying buried in a field. The man who found it, buried it again."

Like when searching for gold, when searching for wisdom from God you have to sort through a lot of crap and take great care in how you interpret what you read as if you were searching for hidden manna in a booby trapped building.

Take my advice, don't try and be clever. Whether you are seeking to prove or disprove the bible, one wrong move and its curtains.

Think it through.

Good questions. I have thought it through. Paul seems to contradict Jesus on many issues foundational to salvation.

That leaves two possibilities. Either Paul was a deceiver, deliberately hijacking the cult to put pharisaic misogynistic and homophobic judgments into the mouth of Jesus to spread among the gentiles not to mention blasphemy virtually eliminating the possibility that any rational Jew would ever give two thoughts to Jesus or christianity..

And since his letters were mostly written in roman jails, it is also possible that his letters were redacted before delivery to favor the empire by making suffering poverty and subservience a virtue......with or without his consent. Who knows what torture he may have been subjected to.

Maybe all of the above.

You misspelled wisdom.
No. That would be what you are doing, Taz. Except in this case you are equating wisdom to fiction.

Really?
The god of the bible is a murdering rapist who will burn you for eternity if you don't obey the priests and give them money. Sounds like a total scam to me.
That would be your interpretation of selected passages. Hardly a full assessment of the full message.
The whole message is that they're an invisible superbeing in another dimension who cares what we do and if we don't worship it, it'll burn us forever. All this with no proof whatsoever. My internal scam alert just went off again. You must not have one. :biggrin:
That would be your opinion, Karl
No, that opinion comes from the church.
Since all you have ever done is intentionally promote mendacious propaganda for the express purpose of subordinating religion and since you can't back up any of your lies about a faith not your own, you are going to have to prove that to me.

Fuck that.

You don't get it. They don't believe in eternity, they don't believe in hell, and they don't care about what you believe.
If you are talking about our friends the militant atheists. Yes.

Shit, even the Pope doesn't believe in hell as an afterlife place of eternal torment.
I disagree. I would say that spending eternity all alone with full consciousness would feel like being in a fire which does not consume.

They are close to being correct. They will spend an eternity in nothingness but they will be conscious through out it and all alone.

Yes, he will let them have exactly what they wished for, to be left alone.

God does not destroy what he creates.

"merciful god" :lol:
"i order you to go kill those innocent babies and children for sins they might do one day" :rolleyes:

Really?
1 of 100 reasons, yes.
What are the other reasons? You don't have to list them all, just the main ones

Because this one is an interpretation of what they perceived God told them and your interpretation of what you think they meant.
First of all, ding, i dotn give a shit about how someone else interprets something. All that means is they inject personal bias to explain something. I only pay attention to what it actually states with context.
I dont believe something so intelligent to have made the universe would be that jealous, greedy, tyrannical and murderous. Those are all signs of a simple mind.
The contradictions
There is no proof.
I believe man made the concept of a god because they have to fill in holes with something, which, IMO, is illogical. You cant know everything..
I dont doubt the possibility of a creator. I doubt the concepts developed by man. I hope to goodness one day i find out for certain.
You don't have clue as to how objective truth is arrived at, TN. I doubt there are many things that you have ever looked at objectively. And you sure as hell have never placed any of this in its proper context.

That is because you don't understand the purpose of creation. The goal is not to get a certain outcome. The goal is to get a certain outcome under certain conditions.

The contradictions
There is no proof.
Actually it doesn't. It is quite accurate. We knew 6000 years ago that creation had a beginning and was created in steps. That is what Genesis is describing in the terms they understood.

No. We are made to worship God. We all will worship something. The only choice we have in in choosing what we will worship.

We all began with a common belief and then dispersed. That's why you see the connections.

The problem is that you think this is about the destination. It's not. It is about the journey. So if you wait til the end you will miss out on the journey. It is not about what it is, it is about what it could be.

Think it through.

Maybe all of the above.

You misspelled wisdom.
No. That would be what you are doing, Taz. Except in this case you are equating wisdom to fiction.
You're the one who believes in the bible, which is total fiction.

The god of the bible is a murdering rapist who will burn you for eternity if you don't obey the priests and give them money. Sounds like a total scam to me.
That would be your interpretation of selected passages. Hardly a full assessment of the full message.
The whole message is that they're an invisible superbeing in another dimension who cares what we do and if we don't worship it, it'll burn us forever. All this with no proof whatsoever. My internal scam alert just went off again. You must not have one. :biggrin:
Since all you have ever done is intentionally promote mendacious propaganda for the express purpose of subordinating religion and since you can't back up any of your lies about a faith not your own, you are going to have to prove that to me.
That's the bible in a nutshell. Or is it nutsack? :biggrin:

Maybe all of the above.

You misspelled wisdom.
I believe in God which is existence.

You believe in nothing. You don't have beliefs. You have arguments against others having beliefs. You beliefs do't exist without the beliefs of others.

That's the bible in a nutshell. Or is it nutsack? :biggrin:
Says the fool to himself.

You misspelled wisdom.

You believe in nothing. You don't have beliefs. You have arguments against others having beliefs. You beliefs do't exist without the beliefs of others.
I have beliefs, but they at least make some sense, even though I don't presume like you do to say that my beliefs are proven. Still all very theoretical.

You misspelled wisdom.

You believe, but what do you actually know?

You misspelled wisdom.

I have beliefs, but they at least make some sense, even though I don't presume like you do to say that my beliefs are proven. Still all very theoretical.
No. You have arguments against others having beliefs.

Your beliefs do not exist without the beliefs of others.

Again, you'll have to prove that, because my beliefs don't depends on other people believing in an invisible superbeing in another dimension who wants us to worship it or it'll roast us in hell. That would be illogical.

Again, you'll have to prove that, because my beliefs don't depends on other people believing in an invisible superbeing in another dimension who wants us to worship it or it'll roast us in hell. That would be illogical.
The absence of your beliefs are proof.

Your arguments against the beliefs of others are proof.

The absence of your beliefs are proof.

Your arguments against the beliefs of others are proof.
I ask people to explain their beliefs and it's always a load of nonsense, don't pin that on me.

The proof is that I do have beliefs, just not from the fairy tale section.

There's no such thing as afterlife, obviously, even if there were, heaven? Really?

fuck-heaven-fb-comnalhallaforever-vikings-have-sex-food-alcohol-in-2316599.png

Drink and fuck all night, then do war every day. Mmm, naaa.

Forum List

Back