Doctors are coming out in droves saying hydroxychloroquine works

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they had better data, they might have a point.

As we can see, anyone can claim whatever they want.
explain better data? what is it you need, I've asked you before you ignored it.
What’s better? Observational retrospective studies or prospective placebo controlled trials?
they are equally observational.
What's hard is getting the correct set of participants. people with existing illnesses, vs people with no existing illness, age variances and many other factors.

Maybe Stella's patients fit one criteria and not a mix. I'm good with that data being published.
You got it! the variance changes how drugs react and how viruses react... This is why anecdotal evidence is so important..

What’s better? Observational retrospective studies or prospective placebo controlled trials?
both have their place,,,
Sure do. But which is better?
that depends on a lot of factors,,,one being time when someone is dying in front of you,,,

"RIGHT TO TRY"

both have their place,,,
that depends on a lot of factors,,,one being time when someone is dying in front of you,,,

"RIGHT TO TRY"
Nope. That is not a factor.

they are equally observational.
What's hard is getting the correct set of participants. people with existing illnesses, vs people with no existing illness, age variances and many other factors.

Maybe Stella's patients fit one criteria and not a mix. I'm good with that data being published.
You got it! the variance changes how drugs react and how viruses react... This is why anecdotal evidence is so important..
Making decisions based on anecdotal evidence is not following the science.

Can you admit you don’t really know what you’re talking about?
all you need to do is post a paper that backs your comments. the irony bug has you today.
Even the most basic class on conduct of medical research would tell you the answer.

The gold standard in medical research is prospective placebo controlled blinded trials.

Even the most basic class on conduct of medical research would tell you the answer.

The gold standard in medical research is prospective placebo controlled blinded trials.
Then you shouldn't have a problem posting a paper.

COLUMBUS, Ohio — Gov. Mike DeWine said Thursday morning that he is requesting the Ohio Board of Pharmacy halt implementing a new rule generally banning hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine as a coronavirus treatment.

DeWine said in a statement he agreed with Food and Drug Administration Commissioner Dr. Steven Hahn that the decision about the prescription should be between a doctor and patient.

“Therefore, I am asking the Ohio Board of Pharmacy to halt their new rule prohibiting the selling or dispensing of hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine for the treatment or prevention of COVID-19,” DeWine said. “The Board of Pharmacy and the State Medical Board of Ohio should revisit the issue, listen to the best medical science, and open the process up for comment and testimony from experts.”

from your own link

Different types of clinical questions are best answered by different types of research studies. You might not always find the highest level of evidence (i.e., systematic review or meta-analysis) to answer your question. When this happens, work your way down to the next highest level of evidence.

This table suggests study designs best suited to answer each type of clinical question.

from your own link

Different types of clinical questions are best answered by different types of research studies. You might not always find the highest level of evidence (i.e., systematic review or meta-analysis) to answer your question. When this happens, work your way down to the next highest level of evidence.

This table suggests study designs best suited to answer each type of clinical question.
So what does it suggest is the best study design for a therapeutic question?

both have their place,,,

"RIGHT TO TRY"
so death is not a factor in your book,,,
"RIGHT TO TRY"

LOL

Yeah, you go with that nutcase...

I'll go with an informed doctor...

LMAO @ the Daily Beast ...

You keep parroting the Fake News MSM ....

We ALL understand Leftist ARE NOT capable of independent thought !!!

SMH @ all crazy shit Leftist believe .....

Her sermons are publicly available.

You guys should be embarrassed.
Ok stick to the argument.. or can you? Lol
The argument is you’re glomming onto a fringe doctor without having any idea who she is.
Ok how does that disprove her 350 patients that recovered because of trumps miracle drug? Stick to the argument if you want to talk to her personal life go start another thread
When she presents proof of it, we can talk. But I wouldn’t take the word of someone with such fringe views.
She did, google keeps deleting it

The Tech giants promised that they would delete any info that didn't exactly concur with the Chinese-WHO findings.
They keep their promises pretty well.
Almost as well as they keep bubble people in the dark.
You idiots are why this country is so dysfunctional.
youre projecting again,,,
Says the people promoting a doctor who claims ovarian cysts are from demon sex and ridiculing anyone who points this out.

I wish that were sarcasm, but that’s what’s actually happening here.
so when you cant prove the message wrong you attack the messenger,,,,figures,,,
Well, her entire message relies on her credibility so it’s necessary to assess.

Don't assess it.
Never ever take the medicine.

The better question is why don’t you ever assess anyone’s credibility? You should, otherwise you’ll keep looking like idiots by promoting fringe doctors like this.
there are 100's of other doctors making the same claim,,,why are you ignoring them???

Because that’s not how evidence based medicine works.
WHAT!!!!

Thats exactly how it works,,,

you take the evidence of several studies/opinions and make a conclusion,,,

youre taking the evidence from a single source and ignoring all the others and attacking the messenger,,,

It worked for global cooling. Then right after it worked for global warming.

both have their place,,,

"RIGHT TO TRY"
so death is not a factor in your book,,,
"RIGHT TO TRY"
The strength of medical literature does not depend on the condition of your patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back