Does anyone watch "The Orville"?

Yeah, I watch it, and I actually kinda enjoy it.

But then again, I was never much of a Trekkie, which is probably why I like it.

I can't watch more than a minute or two. I half expect to see Stewie Griffin on the bridge. This is Star Trek sacrilege.

I guess that's what you get when you expect it to be something it's not and never intended to be...

It's called The Orville, not Star Trek, not Star Trek: The Next Generation, not Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, not Star Trek: Voyager, not Star Trek: Enterprise, not Star Trek: Discovery...

I can't watch more than a minute or two. I half expect to see Stewie Griffin on the bridge. This is Star Trek sacrilege.

I guess that's what you get when you expect it to be something it's not and never intended to be...

It's called The Orville, not Star Trek, not Star Trek: The Next Generation, not Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, not Star Trek: Voyager, not Star Trek: Enterprise, not Star Trek: Discovery...

The Orville: Star Trek ripoff.

I had no expectations, I just see it as a badly written, badly acted version of Star Trek.

I think my wife said she's begun watching it. I wouldn't bet my life on it, could be just my imagination of one of her conversations. She always accuses me of not listening

I watch it and find it interesting. There is clearly a political agenda to it but what current show doesn't have one. I don't see any similarity to Star Trek as the Orville's captain is clearly a schmuchk.

There is clearly a political agenda to it

'Star Trek' TOS has a very political agenda ...

Let_That_Be_Your_Last_Battlefield-e1469044931560.jpg

... and it was JUST as ham-fisted as today.

The Last episode was all about interspecies gay sex.

You have to be STUPIDLY DESPERATE for science fiction if you're a conservative and watch this filth.

Was the blue guy in the latest episode Rob Lowe?

At first when he got caught in the sack with the blonde babe I thought the blue stuff squirting out of his facial pores was showing how such blue dudes orgasm.

Was the blue guy in the latest episode Rob Lowe?

At first when he got caught in the sack with the blonde babe I thought the blue stuff squirting out of his facial pores was showing how such blue dudes orgasm.

Yes it was!

I actually like the show. There was an episode where everyone on an Earth-like planet was a walking Facebook post and if you got enough people who didn't like what you said or did, you had to go on an apology tour and if it got bad enough, you were lobotomized.

Libs would hate that planet as they are 3/4 of the way to a total lobotomy already!

Last edited:
I thought that last nights episode was pretty interesting when the Security officer set up a simulator to expose all her deepest fears so that she would never get caught off guard again.

Sometimes they bring up some really interesting psychological concepts.

I thought that last nights episode was pretty interesting when the Security officer set up a simulator to expose all her deepest fears so that she would never get caught off guard again.

As much as I dislike Seth MacFarlane, I'm surprised I like it as much as I do. It hits all the right notes for me. It's humble. I like Star Trek, grew up with it, but at times it could be sanctimonious and took itself too seriously.

As much as I dislike Seth MacFarlane, I'm surprised I like it as much as I do. It hits all the right notes for me. It's humble. I like Star Trek, grew up with it, but at times it could be sanctimonious and took itself too seriously.

That is one thing you can count on with McFarlane. He will never take himself too seriously, and he's got some pretty crude schoolboy humor in his shows, even in the Orville.

I kinda thought that the episode where the doc fell in lust with the jello cube was funny as all hell..........ESPECIALLY when she got caught being wrapped up naked in him in her office.

Just who the hell is Seth MacFarlane? I've never heard of him before.

Creator of television shows like Family Guy and The Orville.

He was also the lead dude in "1001 Ways to Die in the West", which was a pretty funny movie. I think he also wrote and directed that one.

Forum List

Back