Does Inequality Result In Violence?

A quick look at some stats shows that while many nations have significant gun ownership, only the ones with significant income inequality seem to have significant problems with gun violence.

Map: U.S. Ranks Near Bottom on Income Inequality - Max Fisher - The Atlantic

Number of guns per capita by country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

List of countries by firearm-related death rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anyone?

Tom Benson has a hell of lot more money than me.. plus a football team, basketball team, a TV station, car dealerships and banks.

I have no desire to commit violence against the man...

Oh, wait, but I'm conservative and therfore.. sensible.

Seems to me that violence is a choice. After all, India was pretty poor when Gandhi lead his non-violence revolution to success. If lack of income produced violence, than that movement would have been extremely violent.

I dont have much income at the moment. I am not violent. Especially towards people who havent done anything to me.

Seems to me that violence is a choice. After all, India was pretty poor when Gandhi lead his non-violence revolution to success. If lack of income produced violence, than that movement would have been extremely violent.

I dont have much income at the moment. I am not violent. Especially towards people who havent done anything to me.

There was a lot of violence, his civil disobediance was a rarity that is why he is revered, even today there is sexual violence going on towards women and children in india.

More brilliance.

A quick look at some stats shows that while many nations have significant gun ownership, only the ones with significant income inequality seem to have significant problems with gun violence.

List of countries by firearm-related death rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anyone?

No...inequality has nothing to do with it.

Anyone?

No...inequality has nothing to do with it.

Oh! OK. Just checking.

There was a lot of violence, his civil disobediance was a rarity that is why he is revered, even today there is sexual violence going on towards women and children in india.

Hence, why violence is a choice.

Forum List

Back