Does Mike Pence believe in evolution? Apparently not...

[

Duh, "Religious Freedom" bill speaks for itself. It allowed unconstitutional discrimination against gay, lesbian, transgender and bisexual individuals. There was so much backlash, even from Republicans, that he had to revise it. Pence describes himself as "a Christian, a conservative and a Republican, in that order." In short - he's a religious nut. The American Taliban!

So ShittingBull. the 1st reads "Congress MUST make law regarding the establishment of religion and prohibit the free exercise therein?"

Is that the way your Khmer Rouge version reads?

God I'm glad you fuckers are being driven from power across the globe. We can restore liberty and sanity to this land.

Fact: The United States government was not founded on the Christian religion!

In 1797 our government concluded a “Treaty of Peace and Friendship between the United States of America and the Bey and Subjects of Tripoli, or Barbary,” now known simply as the Treaty of Tripoli. Article 11 of the treaty contains these words:

As the Government of the United States…is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion–as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity of Musselmen–and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.

This document was endorsed by Secretary of State Timothy Pickering and President John Adams. It was then sent to the Senate for ratification; the vote was unanimous. It is worth pointing out that although this was the 339th time a recorded vote had been required by the Senate, it was only the third unanimous vote in the Senate’s history. There is no record of debate or dissent. The text of the treaty was printed in full in the Philadelphia Gazette and in two New York papers, but there were no screams of outrage, as one might expect today.

Our Godless Constitution | The Nation

"Resolved, that a joint committee of both Houses be directed to wait upon the President of the United States, to request that he would recommend to the people of the United States a day of public thanksgiving and prayer, to be observed by acknowledging, with grateful hearts, the many signal favors of Almighty God, especially by affording them an opportunity peaceable to establish a Constitution of government for their safety and happiness (Ibid., p. 24)."

Fact: The United States government was not founded on the Christian religion!

In 1797 our government concluded a “Treaty of Peace and Friendship between the United States of America and the Bey and Subjects of Tripoli, or Barbary,” now known simply as the Treaty of Tripoli. Article 11 of the treaty contains these words:

As the Government of the United States…is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion–as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity of Musselmen–and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.

This document was endorsed by Secretary of State Timothy Pickering and President John Adams. It was then sent to the Senate for ratification; the vote was unanimous. It is worth pointing out that although this was the 339th time a recorded vote had been required by the Senate, it was only the third unanimous vote in the Senate’s history. There is no record of debate or dissent. The text of the treaty was printed in full in the Philadelphia Gazette and in two New York papers, but there were no screams of outrage, as one might expect today.

You're having a meltdown honey.... lighten up and have blessed day.

He seems like a good guy. I think he was a good choice. Does it help Trump much? Probably not.

So, you don't support Hillary, and didn't support Obama? Both claim to be Christian.

Do they believe in "Creationism"...? Do they not believe in "evolution"...?

What do you care, you pray to wolves and rocks you indian whackjob.

I "care" because I don't want to be governed by religious assholes - the American Taliban. We have a Godless secular Constitution and I want to be governed accordingly. Comprende?

The constitution is not godless, it just says that no one god is better than another (even no god), and the government can't interfere with people who decide "I like this (or no) god, and more importantly government can't endorse one religion (or lack of religion) over another, in particular it can't make you pay tithes or establish a national church.

Where is "God" mentioned in the Constitution?

Not mentioning god does not make something godless.

"Resolved, that a joint committee of both Houses be directed to wait upon the President of the United States, to request that he would recommend to the people of the United States a day of public thanksgiving and prayer, to be observed by acknowledging, with grateful hearts, the many signal favors of Almighty God, especially by affording them an opportunity peaceable to establish a Constitution of government for their safety and happiness (Ibid., p. 24)."

Is that in the U.S. Constitution? If so - where?

[
Have you ever read the psycho Old Testament? That's some crazy vicious shit.

Hate filled and stupid is no way to go through life, ShittingBull.

Being open-minded and sane is, though.

You're neither....

Well, at least I don't believe in some invisible supernatural Sky Daddy that no one has any proof of its existence. I'd call that open-minded and sane. What would you call it?

[

You're neither....

Well, at least I don't believe in some invisible supernatural Sky Daddy that no one has any proof of its existence. I'd call that open-minded and sane. What would you call it?

I don't believe in an invisible "Sky Daddy" either honey...

[

You're neither....

Faith.

Forum List

Back