🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Does Obama know Medicare covers undocumented aliens?

Illegal immigrants are here, some will be here forever, what if they were refused medical care for TB for instance or some other contagious disease and they spread it to us, all because they were refused Medicare. I didn't read the article, but I do think that someone going to the doctor when they are sick and covered by Medicare or Obamacare, is much better and possibly cheaper than them using the ambulance and ER for their primary medical needs.

And yet that is not the answer Obama had. He claimed that they would not be covered. Why did he lie?

Also, since we are a country and countries have borders, we need to secure them. There is no excuse in the world for not doing so. Other countries seem to have a handle on the situation, yet our southern border is a fucking joke.

The reason for immigration laws is to ensure that self-supporting people, without contagious diseases, and who are willing to assimilate, can immigrate here. Having open borders means the worst people and the worst diseases can walk right in. Free healthcare doesn't solve the problem.

How about securing the borders and insisting that people obey our laws? The left wants us to obey Obamacare, so we should make a deal and say we won't until his administration obeys immigration laws.

He claimed that they would not be covered by what, Medicare or Obamacare? I don't know what he lied about. I disagree with his devolution from his original proposals that it would be VOLUNTARY and that you could keep your plan if you want to.

We don't have voluntarily open borders. What would happen if you went to Mexico and lost your passport, do you think you could just walk across the border, no questions asked? Yes, we do have an illegal immigration problem, I agree that our borders should be more secure, but that doesn't negate the fact there is an immediate health care need for them as well.

I am NOT in favor of Obamacare in it's current format. I don't care if you obey it or don't obey it, that's your choice, the "immigration problem" didn't start with this current Administration.

Well for one thing WHY in the hell are we advertising in Mexico USDA food stamps?
Talk about encouraging illegal entry! GEEZ lets just open the borders why don't we?
FREE food is what this telling these Mexicans who are

Budget Committee Democrats Vote to Maintain Food Stamp Promotions in Foreign Embassies
n a party-line 12 to 10 vote, the Democrats on the committee rejected a proposal to prevent funding for such endeavors from ranking member Alabama Republican Sen. Jeff Sessions, who has spoken out against the program in recent months.

“Contrary to sound policy, the United States is spending money advertising food stamp benefits in foreign consulates,” Session’s staff said in a Thursday evening press release. “This amendment would prohibit any funds from being spent on this controversial promotion campaign.”
Budget Committee Democrats Vote to Maintain Food Stamp Promotions in Foreign Embassies | Saving the Republic: Video News & Opinion
The [food stamp payments under the]omnibus allots $82,169,945,000 for the SNAP, including $71,884,955,000 for benefits.

Read more: USDA 'strongly encouraged' to cease advertising food stamps | The Daily Caller

And then you have Obama thwarting local law enforcements from arresting illegals..

Moreover, Republicans want to revive a program called 287(g). Under this program, local communities can opt to have law enforcement officials trained by federal agents to arrest and detain suspects because of immigration status. The program peaked under Bush, but Obama has scaled it back with the intention of phasing it out altogether. The Obama administration revoked part of its 287(g) agreements with Arizona in June, citing the Justice Department's lawsuit allegations of racial profiling and civil rights abuses by local law enforcement, including Maricopa County's infamous Sheriff Joe Arpaio.
Obama is deporting immigrants faster than Bush. Republicans don?t think that?s enough.

THREE aspects that Obama has done in encouraging illegal immigration!
A) Advertising FREE food
B) Phasing out deportation by reducing local law enforcement.
C) GIVING illegals free health!

YOU can NOT continue these counter measures and reduce illegal immigration!
SO YES you don't encourage illegals by giving them free food!
You don't eliminate a program that reduces illegal immigrants.

It is part of your 47mm argument, and it is still a lie on your part.

Step along.

This fact sheet informs ambulance services, hospitals including Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs), physicians, and Indian Health Service (IHS) facilities in specific states that funds
remain available for certain emergency health services provided to undocumented aliens.

As of February 2013, the Section 1011 program disbursed $945.5 million in provider payments in response to over 1.5 million payment requests.

http://www.cms.gov/Outreach-and-Edu...roducts/downloads/Section_1011_Fact_Sheet.pdf

So while Obamacare is very explicit states:

"Access limited to lawful residents. If an individual is not, or is not reasonably expected to be for the entire period for which enrollment is sought, a citizen or national of the United States or an alien lawfully present in the United States, the individual shall not be treated as a qualified individual and may not be covered under a qualified health plan in the individual market that is offered through an Exchange.
Illegal Immigrants and Obamacare

SO... considering nearly a billion dollars is paid out annually for "undocumented aliens" AND considering ACA does NOT cover "aliens"
Then why did Obama in exaggerating the number of "46 million" uninsured.. 10 million illegal citizens?

Ok. So this isn't about Obamacare, right? Because Obamacare doesn't cover illegals.

Seven Falsehoods About Health Care

If you're talking about the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act - part of COBRA, which authorized treatment under Medicaid to illegals, then may I suggest you contact the President who signed it into law in 1989?

RONALD REAGAN?

42 U.S. Code § 1395dd - Examination and treatment for emergency medical conditions and women in labor | LII / Legal Information Institute

94% (2007) of illegal men worked, 65% paid taxes, and 35% owned homes...won't change until Pubs allow a good work/ID card. BUT, hater dupes, they love the cheap labor.

guess what Frankie?.....your rich buddies out here love the cheap labor too....yea i know,i was shocked too....

This fact sheet informs ambulance services, hospitals including Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs), physicians, and Indian Health Service (IHS) facilities in specific states that funds
remain available for certain emergency health services provided to undocumented aliens.

As of February 2013, the Section 1011 program disbursed $945.5 million in provider payments in response to over 1.5 million payment requests.

http://www.cms.gov/Outreach-and-Edu...roducts/downloads/Section_1011_Fact_Sheet.pdf

"Access limited to lawful residents. If an individual is not, or is not reasonably expected to be for the entire period for which enrollment is sought, a citizen or national of the United States or an alien lawfully present in the United States, the individual shall not be treated as a qualified individual and may not be covered under a qualified health plan in the individual market that is offered through an Exchange.

SO... considering nearly a billion dollars is paid out annually for "undocumented aliens" AND considering ACA does NOT cover "aliens"
Then why did Obama in exaggerating the number of "46 million" uninsured.. 10 million illegal citizens?

Ok. So this isn't about Obamacare, right? Because Obamacare doesn't cover illegals.

If you're talking about the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act - part of COBRA, which authorized treatment under Medicaid to illegals, then may I suggest you contact the President who signed it into law in 1989?

RONALD REAGAN?

42 U.S. Code § 1395dd - Examination and treatment for emergency medical conditions and women in labor | LII / Legal Information Institute

And you are SO RIGHT!!! Thank you for recognizing the simple compassionate BILL that snowballed into this gigantic screw up of the COST components of health care!

I have access to what is called "Medicare [Outpatient Prospective Payment ]OPPS claims data are for calendar year ending 12/31/2012 (Final rule OPPS) for 6,000 hospitals.. DO YOU???
For example this hospital:
Florida Hospital Tampa
3100 East Fletcher Avenue
Tampa, FL 33613

Florida hospital Tampa SENT to Medicare 1,120 claims for Computed Tomography without Contrast services..
Each claim they filed with Medicare was for $3,639.
The cost to do the CAT scan to the hospital - $59

A total markup of $3,580.00 over the cost to do the service of:
6,067.8% MARK UP over costs!

NOW this is not typical, a 6,000% markup BUT MOST hospitals DO markup and here is why from a CEO of a hospital!!!
Here is what a hospital CEO said how he recoups "uncompensated expenses"
"How do hospitals deal with the cost of the uninsured? Like any business, we pass it on to the paying customers.”
From PAGE 1 of this document: http://www.ncmedicaljournal.com/wp-content/uploads/NCMJ/mar-apr-05/Yarbrough.pdf

"THEY Pad and pass on to the payers..Medicare/Insurance companies these gigantic markups to cover part of the hospitals uninsured services costs.

SO why are we putting up with this gigantic pass through that directly affects insurance premiums and medicare costs???
BECAUSE:
1) We've been told there are 46 million uninsured! LIE when you subtract 10 million illegals, 14 million already covered not registered with Medicaid and 18 million that don't need it!
2) When we realize there are truly less the 4 million NOW let's attack the problem!
3) Recognize as 90% of physicians do that $850 billion spent in claims paid by Medicare/Insurance cos. is wasted! Totally due to "defensive medicine" practices due to FEAR of lawsuits!
4) ACA said tanning salons cause cancer so they taxed 10%! Well the $270 billion a year in lawyer fees should taxed 10% and used to pay the 4 million uninsured expenses.
5) Then when hospitals see an uninsured.. they means test, i.e. illegal alien.. arrested.. already qualified for Medicaid REGISTER.. and if all the above show this is truly one of the 4 million..
SEND THE CLAIMS to the company managing the uninsured insured!
6) Audit the hospitals to make sure they aren't "padding and passing" on these 6,000% MARKUPs as they are getting paid by the "Uninsured Health Ins. Co.©"
7) Watch premium costs go down as the $850 billion defensive medicine reduces which is because lawyers will know if it reduces THEIR TAXES reduce!

These are 7 simple steps and it starts with recognizing as Obama HAS there were never 46 million... (AFTER he deducted 10 million illegals!)

Illegal immigrants are here, some will be here forever, what if they were refused medical care for TB for instance or some other contagious disease and they spread it to us, all because they were refused Medicare. I didn't read the article, but I do think that someone going to the doctor when they are sick and covered by Medicare or Obamacare, is much better and possibly cheaper than them using the ambulance and ER for their primary medical needs.

there was one Far Righty here who said he would rather let people without Ins just drop dead in the streets and if they spread a disease....oh well.....i asked him how much would it cost to pick up the bodies and fight the disease.....he just "disappeared" from the thread....

there was one Far Righty here who said he would rather let people without Ins just drop dead in the streets and if they spread a disease....oh well.....i asked him how much would it cost to pick up the bodies and fight the disease.....he just "disappeared" from the thread....

If you were referring to me people drop dead all the time and their bodies are picked up! What a stupid comparison!
But this is what people of your ilk do... YOU take individual, rare, exceptional situations and make it sound like the rule!
My goodness why don't we ban automobiles! They kill far more then people dropping dead in the streets spreading a disease!
The point is completely going over your pointy head though!
ACA is destroying our excellent health system that was and you keep refusing to recognize this aspect..DRIVEN BY COSTS not by the number of "uninsured"!
NOT one of you have refuted the $850 billion I keep mentioning that the EXPERTS i.e. physicians SAY they cause all because of defensive medicine!
Why for the life of me are you totally ignoring the COST component thinking covering the bogus 46 million solves the problem?
NO tort reform was in ACA that penalized lawyers as the TANNING TAX penalized salons because tanning causes cancer!
WHY were lawyers exempt from a 10% tax on their $270 billion in legal services to pay for the truly 4 million uninsured?
Again is it ignorant uninformed uneducated people like you that perpetuate the cost drivers by mistaking "coverage" of the phantom 46 million as solving the problem.
And more so.. what do you think the problem was that necessitated ACA? 46 million uninsured? Is that the only reason for ACA?
Well most of those that voted YES for ACA thought they were "helping" just like in 1986 EMTALA.. but again there never was a problem of 46 million uninsured!
Yet idiots like you are putting confidence in the same federal agencies that in the words of this study..

""Of the 44.7 million non-elderly uninsured individuals identified in the 2004 Census Current
Population Survey (CPS) data, nearly one-third — almost 14 million —
were reachable through existing government health programs such as Medicaid and the State Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) under current rules!
The CENSUS admits!!
the Census Bureau acknowledges that the survey “…underreports Medicare and Medicaid coverage compared with enrollment and participation data from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).” According to ARC, this “Medicaid undercount” leads to an over-assessment of the uninsured population and needs to be taken into consideration when developing uninsured estimates.
It is important that this issue be resolved so that targeted solutions for the uninsured can be developed based on the most accurate data possible.

14 million people eligible BEFORE ACA and you want to hand over MORE health care responsibility to a government that can't enroll 14 million people???

It is part of your 47mm argument, and it is still a lie on your part.

Step along.
A LIE on MY part???
Obama is NOT counting these 10 million illegals THAT WERE used as part of the phony bogus 46 million pretense that passed ACA!
How can you POSSIBLY defend using 10 million illegals as part of the 46 million?
How can you POssibley defend USING 14 million that are already eligible for Medicaid but for the gross inefficiency of the Feds that aren't enrolled!
They are insured just don't know it!
Finally how come you are counting 18 million that don't need (under 34) can afford (make over $50k) and pay out of pocket LESS then what they would for their employers' plans?

Subtract those 42 million from the bogus phony 46 million (now 30 million as the illegals are suppose to be covered)... you have less then 4 million!
HOW absolutely difficult is that to comprehend???

Seriously why are people like YOU having problems FACING THE FACTS?
AGAIN why should I have to repeat that 10 million originally were counted as part of the 46 million are illegals!
Even the Census says that the 14 million that qualified for Medicaid should NOT BE in the calculation of the "uninsured'!
AND any smart rational person would totally comprehend that if 18 million people DON"T WANT health insurance WHY must they be included in the 46 million bogus phony number?

What truly am I missing here? The census says 10 million are not citizens. The Census says 14 million are eligible under Medicaid
the Census Bureau acknowledges that the survey “…underreports Medicare and Medicaid coverage compared with enrollment and participation data from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).” According to ARC, this “Medicaid undercount”leads to an over-assessment of the uninsured population and needs to be taken into consideration when developing uninsured estimates.
It is important that this issue be resolved so that targeted solutions for the uninsured can be developed based on the most accurate data possible.

DO YOU understand??

Last edited:

If you were referring to me people drop dead all the time and their bodies are picked up! What a stupid comparison!
But this is what people of your ilk do... YOU take individual, rare, exceptional situations and make it sound like the rule!
My goodness why don't we ban automobiles! They kill far more then people dropping dead in the streets spreading a disease!
ACA is destroying our excellent health system that was and you keep refusing to recognize this aspect..DRIVEN BY COSTS not by the number of "uninsured"!
NOT one of you have refuted the $850 billion I keep mentioning that the EXPERTS i.e. physicians SAY they cause all because of defensive medicine!
Why for the life of me are you totally ignoring the COST component thinking covering the bogus 46 million solves the problem?
NO tort reform was in ACA that penalized lawyers as the TANNING TAX penalized salons because tanning causes cancer!
WHY were lawyers exempt from a 10% tax on their $270 billion in legal services to pay for the truly 4 million uninsured?
Again is it ignorant uninformed uneducated people like you that perpetuate the cost drivers by mistaking "coverage" of the phantom 46 million as solving the problem.
And more so.. what do you think the problem was that necessitated ACA? 46 million uninsured? Is that the only reason for ACA?
Well most of those that voted YES for ACA thought they were "helping" just like in 1986 EMTALA.. but again there never was a problem of 46 million uninsured!
Yet idiots like you are putting confidence in the same federal agencies that in the words of this study..

""Of the 44.7 million non-elderly uninsured individuals identified in the 2004 Census Current
were reachable through existing government health programs such as Medicaid and the State Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) under current rules!
The CENSUS admits!!
the Census Bureau acknowledges that the survey “…underreports Medicare and Medicaid coverage compared with enrollment and participation data from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).” According to ARC, this “Medicaid undercount” leads to an over-assessment of the uninsured population and needs to be taken into consideration when developing uninsured estimates.

14 million people eligible BEFORE ACA and you want to hand over MORE health care responsibility to a government that can't enroll 14 million people???

what the fuck are talking about?....and who the fuck are you?....

The CENSUS admits!!

14 million people are like two people I KNOW... they qualify for Medicaid but haven't registered.
So when Census asked do you have insurance they said NO... NOT knowing they qualified and even if they did know they didn't register.

SO this is why the comment ACCORDING the Census Bureau acknowledges that the survey “…underreports Medicare and Medicaid coverage compared with enrollment and participation data from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services . “Medicaid undercount” leads to an over-assessment of the uninsured population and needs to be taken into consideration when developing uninsured estimates."

In simple language for an obviously extremely DENSE and DUMB person like you!

14 million people WRONGLY, INACCURATELY counted as part of the bogus 46 million uninsured!

The number most people believe and Congress believed in passing Obamacare is ten times smaller then the 46 million used!
Do you understand that??

The CENSUS admits!!

14 million people are like two people I KNOW... they qualify for Medicaid but haven't registered.
So when Census asked do you have insurance they said NO... NOT knowing they qualified and even if they did know they didn't register.

SO this is why the comment ACCORDING the Census Bureau acknowledges that the survey “…underreports Medicare and Medicaid coverage compared with enrollment and participation data from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services . “Medicaid undercount” leads to an over-assessment of the uninsured population and needs to be taken into consideration when developing uninsured estimates."

14 million people WRONGLY, INACCURATELY counted as part of the bogus 46 million uninsured!

The number most people believe and Congress believed in passing Obamacare is ten times smaller then the 46 million used!
Do you understand that??

no shit sherlock....now who the hell are you?....

Better than getting free health care with Reagan's socialist EMTALA that some rw's also take advantage of.

`

Do you understand that??

And who I am has what to do with simple math?

14 million people ACCORDING the census are undercounted as being covered by Medicaid!
YET these 14 million were counted in the "46 million uninsured" figure USED to pass ACA!
Along with 10 million illegal citizens that Obama NOW says will not be covered by ACA...
And 18 million that don't want, (under 34,) can afford (make over $50,000) and spend less on health services then the cost of their employers' plans.
YET they are bogusly counted as part of the 46 million "uninsured'???

RONALD REAGAN?

And you are SO RIGHT!!! Thank you for recognizing the simple compassionate BILL that snowballed into this gigantic screw up of the COST components of health care!

Dude...you are SO CRAZY!!!

First off...Hospital/Dr/ER overbilling and overcharging isn't just for services provided to illegal aliens. It's everybody.

Secondly...Medicare and Medicaid are historically forbidden from charging these rates, and one of the best features of Obamacare is that the practice will continue to be monitored.

Thirdly...While the 46 million number may include illegals, it's the only true number out there in as it's taken from the Census and not the wild use of semantics of others.

Do you understand that??

And who I am has what to do with simple math?

14 million people ACCORDING the census are undercounted as being covered by Medicaid!
YET these 14 million were counted in the "46 million uninsured" figure USED to pass ACA!
Along with 10 million illegal citizens that Obama NOW says will not be covered by ACA...
And 18 million that don't want, (under 34,) can afford (make over $50,000) and spend less on health services then the cost of their employers' plans.
YET they are bogusly counted as part of the 46 million "uninsured'???

and where have i ever disagreed with what your saying asswipe?....you sure you are arguing with the right guy?.....or do you even care?...

RONALD REAGAN?

Dude...you are SO CRAZY!!!

First off...Hospital/Dr/ER overbilling and overcharging isn't just for services provided to illegal aliens. It's everybody.

Secondly...Medicare and Medicaid are historically forbidden from charging these rates, and one of the best features of Obamacare is that the practice will continue to be monitored.

Thirdly...While the 46 million number may include illegals, it's the only true number out there in as it's taken from the Census and not the wild use of semantics of others.

Dumb shit... YOU ARE such an ignorant fool!

First off: Who the f..k said it was just for "illegal aliens"??? MY point was Medicare has been paying hospitals for last year over $ 1 billion JUST for illegal aliens.
NOW it is for you stupid people known as "unreimbursed expenses" AND GUESS what dumb f...k! HERE IS WHAT A CEO of a hospital SAID ! NOT my words HIS... you idiot!

"How do hospitals deal with the cost of the uninsured? Like any business, we pass it on to the paying customers.
We must charge each patient more to recover the unreimbursed cost of care provided to the uninsured and “government payers.”
”
From PAGE 1 of this document: http://www.ncmedicaljournal.com/wp-content/uploads/NCMJ/mar-apr-05/Yarbrough.pdf

Now take your finger out of your mouth and follow the above link I provided which YOU seemingly have a problem in doing!

READ where HE SAID and this is to experts LIKE ME a classic example of a snowball growing to the tune of:
In 2009 5008 hospitals reported $39.1 billion in unreimbursed expenses!
Source: Health Forum, AHA Annual Survey Data, 1980-2009 http://www.aha.org/content/00-10/10uncompensatedcare.pdf

Secondly you dummy... WHAT the f...k you talking about forbidden from charging these rates!
Do you have access to 6,000 hospitals'
If you can which I seriously doubt BECAUSE YOU don't want the truth go to this web site:
CMS-1601-FC: Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment- Final Rule with Comment - Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
And Get this database :Medicare [Outpatient Prospective Payment ]OPPS claims data are for calendar year ending 12/31/2012
And you will find the FACTS where as I gave this example 6,000% MARKUP over costs!
In 2012..
The Florida hospital in Tampa SENT to Medicare 1,120 claims for Computed Tomography without Contrast services..

Each claim they filed with Medicare was for $3,639.

The cost to do the CAT scan to the hospital - $59

A total markup of $3,580.00 over the cost to do the service of:
6,067.8% MARK UP over costs!

Now you dummy do you understand what this statement meant?? " Like any business, we pass it on to the paying customers."

Thirdly... you said:"While the 46 million number may include illegals, it's the only true number out there in as it's taken from the Census and not the wild use of semantics of others."

YOU DIDN"T read what the CENSUS said about the 14 million that ARE eligible for MEDICAID! But due to the gross inefficiencies of CMS these 14 million while already eligible
were falsely counted as uninsured! NOT my words... THE CENSUS!!
"Of the 44.7 million non-elderly uninsured individuals identified in the 2004 Census Current Population Survey (CPS) data, nearly one-third — almost 14 million — were reachable through existing government health programs such as Medicaid and the State Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) under current rules!
In the latest Census health insurance report, the Census Bureau acknowledges that the survey “…underreports Medicare and Medicaid coverage compared with enrollment and participation data from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).”
http://coverageforall.org/pdf/BC-BS_Uninsured-America.pdf

So subtract 10 million illegal citizens that even NOW Obama says are not covered by ACA...from the 46 million leaves 36 million.
Subtract 14 million who according to the above ARE ALREADY eligible but due to CMS inefficiencies are still counted falsely as uninsured! Leaves 22 million!
22 million of which 18 million don't need insurance under 34, can afford make over $50,000 but spend less on out of pocket health services then the cost of employers' health plan!
CRISIS OF THE UNINSURED: 2009

THAT leaves 4 million NOT the phony hyped, 10 times the real number bogus 46 million!

NOT ONE of your retorts had ANY facts or links to support your dumb ass comments!

I bet you $1,000 you can NOT refute these links and the fact there never were 46 million "uninsured"! The links support that FACT!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back