Does The Status Of The Clinton's Marriage Deserve Scrutiny

Does The Status Of The Clinton's Marriage Deserve Scrutiny

Absolutely! We should install cameras in their bedroom and watch it 27/7. Maybe Fox News could take care of that.

Absolutely! We should install cameras in their bedroom and watch it 27/7. Maybe Fox News could take care of that.

Nothing has happened in that bedroom for years. If they even share a bedroom with any frequency anymore. Their marriage us a sham at best.

If either or both if them intend to run if office their marital relationship should definitely be scrutinized; as every candidate's relationship should be.

Why? I don't think a person's marriage is that important to their job.

I agree. However, from the perspective of some, there is still that ideal of holding the leader of the free world to a higher standard than we hold ourselves. Once upon a time, when such dalliances were kept hush hush, the public was afforded the ability to look upon the president with a high degree of respect...mothers would even tell their sons what an honor it would be to seek the office when they grew up. Now we are forced to look upon our political figures with their flaws exposed...even though some are good at staying in denial because the ends justify the means. People who agree with the Clinton's agenda will easily excuse personal behaviors, and those against their agenda will want to highlight them...no doubt they have thick enough skin to handle it, so no need to worry about them.

I don't think much of Bill Clinton or Hillary Clinton as people. I think they're fine politicians. My problem is the amount of baggage they have, that will distract the voting public from the actual issues. Shame, that.

If an individual cannot maintain a properly moral life in their own relationship how can they be expected to maintain, enforce and teach morality in a position of leadership?

It's not the President's job to teach or enforce morality.

Along that vein, how can we allow divorced teachers in the classroom? How can we allow police officers who beat their spouses keep their jobs?

I don't think much of Bill Clinton or Hillary Clinton as people. I think they're fine politicians. My problem is the amount of baggage they have, that will distract the voting public from the actual issues. Shame, that.

If you cannot respect them as people how can you respect them as politicians? I cannot respect them on either level.

I disagree. I believe it IS the role of EVERY American and especially our elected leaders to teach and enforce morality in our society.

Along that vein, how can we allow divorced teachers in the classroom? How can we allow police officers who beat their spouses keep their jobs?

It depends on why the teacher threw his wife out. It depends on what the officers wife did to deserve the beating.

If you cannot respect them as people how can you respect them as politicians? I cannot respect them on either level.

Because I'm not marrying the person or having them as a friend. I'm hiring them to do a job.

Hillary can't win, even Democrats aren't stupid enough to make her their presidential candidate .. well probably...:eusa_doh:

If an individual cannot maintain a properly moral life in their own relationship how can they be expected to maintain, enforce and teach morality in a position of leadership?

The President is a role model, whether s/he accepts it or not. They are on display for all to observe.

I don't understand the connection to comparing a divorced teacher...there is no shame for most in a justified divorce, nor is it necessary for it to be public knowledge. A lot of people would have respected Hillary a hell of lot more if she had kicked his ass to the curb, but I understand her motivation.

Because I'm not marrying the person or having them as a friend. I'm hiring them to do a job.

LOL. So I bet you don't do background checks on those who work for you or with you either. You truly have nothing that you believe in, do you? No limits that cannot be crossed. No rules that cannot be bent.

I do. Those values have guided my entire life...... personal, professional, and social as well as political.

The President is a role model, whether s/he accepts it or not. They are on display for all to observe.

I don't understand the connection to comparing a divorced teacher...there is no shame for most in a justified divorce, nor is it necessary for it to be public knowledge. A lot of people would have respected Hillary a hell of lot more if she had kicked his ass to the curb, but I understand her motivation.

To you, there's no shame in a divorce; to some others, it's crossing a moral line, that makes that person an unsuitable role model.

How about a teacher that had a child out of wedlock?

LOL. So I bet you don't do background checks on those who work for you or with you either. You truly have nothing that you believe in, do you? No limits that cannot be crossed. No rules that cannot be bent.

I do. Those values have guided my entire life...... personal, professional, and social as well as political.

As long as the people I work with do their job and can do their job well, I don't care what they do privately. Now, if their private life became public in such a way as to be a distraction to the job, that's a problem.....not because I might have moral objection to their actions, but because I want their job to be accomplished well.

I can't do background checks on people I work with, but I and my co-workers have all had to have them done. I work with children.

Listen to Sherry, she has looks, intelligence and I'm thinkin an alluring imagination.

To you, there's no shame in a divorce; to some others, it's crossing a moral line, that makes that person an unsuitable role model.

How about a teacher that had a child out of wedlock?

Putting extremist views aside, there are a lot of average people who wouldn't look down upon the unwed teacher who has a child and/or gets divorced, yet still expect a certain standard from elected officials who have all of their personal information on display. Elevating all civil servants to the level of the President, and expecting them to be judged equally, is not how most people view them.

Putting extremist views aside, there are a lot of average people who wouldn't look down upon the unwed teacher who has a child and/or gets divorced, yet still expect a certain standard from elected officials who have all of their personal information on display. Elevating all civil servants to the level of the President, and expecting them to be judged equally, is not how most people view them.

The President is human, like it or not.

As long as the people I work with do their job and can do their job well, I don't care what they do privately. Now, if their private life became public in such a way as to be a distraction to the job, that's a problem.....not because I might have moral objection to their actions, but because I want their job to be accomplished well.

I can't do background checks on people I work with, but I and my co-workers have all had to have them done. I work with children.

You can do a background check on almost anyone with some basic information. I work in a position where we are all required to pass a security check every year and I still do checks on everyone I work directly with. I have no interest in even being around people with no morals or values.

I turned down a 6 figure job opportunity because it meant being trained by a woman, something I find totally immoral.

The President is human, like it or not.

Like it or not, they will be judged by most people.

You can do a background check on almost anyone with some basic information. I work in a position where we are all required to pass a security check every year and I still do checks on everyone I work directly with. I have no interest in even being around people with no morals or values.

I turned down a 6 figure job opportunity because it meant being trained by a woman, something I find totally immoral.

WTF?!?!:lmao:

Forum List

Back