DOMA ruled unconstitutional

Even IF the SCOTUS upholds this all it does is allow the 8 States that legalized gay marriage to have those couples get the tax breaks at the Federal Level.

It does nothing to the 32 States that banned Gay Marriage.

8 Currently. How many were there 10 years ago?

Once again this case will do nothing to force the 32 that made it illegal to change their minds. And that leaves 10 undecided.

No, but it opens the door for a 14th Amendment suit, and that will change those laws.

People are still arrested for sodomy sorry but that is a fail.

What happen to those civilization that started allowing the homosexual lifestyle to exist? Did they expand and grow or did they crumble down?
Do we still have a Greek or Roman empire?
Can homosexual couples have children without the help of the opposite sex?

You still cannot grasp the fact that sodomy on a child is illegal, or aggravated sodomy is illegal, but plain old sodomy between consenting adults is not? lol

Your strawman nonsense does not show anything about the population being threatened if we allow gays to marry. Homosexuality was not the reason for the decline of either of the civilizations you mentioned.

That you still defend your positions that I listed is laughable.

Sodomy can get you arrested.

Homosexuality was not the reason for the decline of either of the civilizations you mentioned.

Name one that did not start to decline when they started having open gay relationships.

No, sodomy cannot get you arrested in any situation that intercourse would not get you arrested.

The Greek culture accepted homosexual relationships. The Greek culture as a major power lasted from between the 8th & 6th century BC to the 5th century AD. In otherwords, this ancient culture accepted homosexuality for at least 1,100 years. Explain how this acceptance led to their downfall??? By that reckoning, the US has at least 900+ years left.

Your claim that homosexuality caused the fall of Ancient Greece ignores history. It fel because of many factors, but the biggest was the Peloponnesian War.

Much the same can be said for Rome. It thrived for hundreds of years while accepting homosexuality. And while the reasons for the fall of Rome are many, homosexuality is not one of them.

The question has been answered in many ways for bigreb, plasma. He just wants to spam. Watch.

So everyone in the last few pages seems ok with civil unions? And these would have the same benefits as marriage, they just wouldn't be using the word "marriage"?

Wow, who knew all the hoopla, claiming it would destroy the institution, cause the downfall of the US, and would cause the spread of AIDs, was all about what we CALL it.

I never thought semantics was the issue.

A state may call it whatever it likes, provided it has only one name and all couples have the access to the same law.

What's the purpose of the the 9trh and 10th amendment? How can they be used ?

Read the ruling, it’s explained there.

Even IF the SCOTUS upholds this all it does is allow the 8 States that legalized gay marriage to have those couples get the tax breaks at the Federal Level.

It does nothing to the 32 States that banned Gay Marriage.

No one ever said it did. But the ruling did acknowledge the fact that excluding same-sex couples from Federal benefits was also a violation of equal protection doctrine, which the Court will expand to include marriage.

The 9th struck it down not the supreme court.
Isn't the 9th also the court that has most of it decisions over turned?

It’s likely the Court won’t grant cert to Perry, leaving same-sex couples’ access to marriage law in California intact, particularly if other courts of appeal rule the same.

YES! Thank you, CA1! If you will recall, the grinnin' Bush boy, who laughing it up in the White House today*, wanted a CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT at some point. al Qaeda, Iraq, & terror were never as important as feeding the hate filled "base".

*Baby Bush laughs through everything, the deaths he initiated do not seem to bother him one bit; he has been quiet for three years only because he does not understand the issues, and Dick "the boss" Cheney cannot put his hand up the boy's back & form words any longer.

You still cannot grasp the fact that sodomy on a child is illegal, or aggravated sodomy is illegal, but plain old sodomy between consenting adults is not? lol

Your strawman nonsense does not show anything about the population being threatened if we allow gays to marry. Homosexuality was not the reason for the decline of either of the civilizations you mentioned.

Homosexuality was not the reason for the decline of either of the civilizations you mentioned.

Name one that did not start to decline when they started having open gay relationships.

uh no it can not get you arrested. The last known sodomy law was taken down back in 03 i think.

Thank you.

uh no it can not get you arrested. The last known sodomy law was taken down back in 03 i think.

Shut the fuck up transformer boy

Caruthersville man arrested on sodomy, molestation charges

Etowah County man arrested on sodomy charges
Etowah County man arrested on sodomy charges - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL
Tuscaloosa man arrested on Sodomy charge

seMissourian.com: Local News: Caruthersville man arrested on sodomy, molestation charges (05/31/12)

Etowah County man arrested on sodomy charges - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

seMissourian.com: Local News: Caruthersville man arrested on sodomy, molestation charges (05/31/12)

From the article about the Etowah county man being arrested, the first line says: "Etowah County authorities arrested a man for sexually abusing a juvenile". Regular intercourse would be illegal in this situation as well.

And the article on the man in Tuscaloosa??

"26-year-old Deontae Martez Hall was arrested on Tuesday and charged with Sodomy 2nd Degree and Sexual Abuses 2nd Degree for an incident that happened on March 12th in the 3800 block of 1st Avenue. The victim in the case is a 15-year-old male."

Once again, it shows both assault and molestation of a minor. Something regular intercourse would be illegal for as well.

Heterosexuality and homosexuality are not germane, bigrebnc, in and of themselves.

Both heteros and homos can be arrested for rape, assault, etc.

Do you really not understand that sodomy in and of itself is not a crime?

Oh, I missed the Caruthersville case.

But once again you have failed to find a single arrest for sodomy that does not involve minors, force, or violation of public nudity statutes.

In the Caruthersville case, he was convicted of Statutory Sodomy. That is signficant because it means one was of legal age and one was not. Once again, regular intercourse would be illegal in this situation.

But once again you have failed to find a single arrest for sodomy that does not involve minors, force, or violation of public nudity statutes.

In the Caruthersville case, he was convicted of Statutory Sodomy. That is signficant because it means one was of legal age and one was not. Once again, regular intercourse would be illegal in this situation.

I don't think Littlereb will get the significance of "statutory" when it comes to sex.

that is correct. And if the law regarding those restrictions is altered, it does no good to ignore the foot in the door that the reasoning behind the loosening will open.

It is a trmendous detriment to the pro homo marriage crowds objectives that they stick their heads in the sand about such issues, and merely say "Of all the heretofore excluded relationships, we are the only one that should be admitted into the fold".

They used to say that abour interracial marriages.
When will you dumbfucks learn what a slipperly slope fallacy is?

Why, yes. yes they did. ANd many of the same moral and legal arguments used to fight interracial marriage bans are used to justify homo marriage. See how it works, numbskull?
God Fuckin damn you are dense!

I mean seriously. How goddamn stupid does one have to be to argue against the "slippery slope fallacy" right after providing an example of it!

Whats really frustrating is that YOU AND I ARE BASICALLY ON THE SAME SIDE OF THIS ISSUE! But you are so goddamn arrogant and sure that the other side are just narrow-minded bigots that I am left embarrassed to be associated in any way with you.

in turns of intelligence on this matter you are right up there with that Bigreb dope, or Truthmatters and Bocedea. Be ashamed.

little_rock_integration_protest-19581.jpg

Sodomy is sodomy and they were arrested for doing it.
Hell I arrested two queers back in the day when I was a police officer.

Forum List

Back