Donald Trump All For Putting The Ten Commandments In Schools

1719055745751.png

From the Library of Congress:

"The Continental-Confederation Congress, a legislative body that governed the United States from 1774 to 1789, contained an extraordinary number of deeply religious men. The amount of energy that Congress invested in encouraging the practice of religion in the new nation exceeded that expended by any subsequent American national government. Although the Articles of Confederation did not officially authorize Congress to concern itself with religion, the citizenry did not object to such activities. This lack of objection suggests that both the legislators and the public considered it appropriate for the national government to promote a nondenominational, nonpolemical Christianity.

Congress appointed chaplains for itself and the armed forces, sponsored the publication of a Bible, imposed Christian morality on the armed forces, and granted public lands to promote Christianity among the Indians. National days of thanksgiving and of "humiliation, fasting, and prayer" were proclaimed by Congress at least twice a year throughout the war. Congress was guided by "covenant theology," a Reformation doctrine especially dear to New England Puritans, which held that God bound himself in an agreement with a nation and its people. This agreement stipulated that they "should be prosperous or afflicted, according as their general Obedience or Disobedience thereto appears." Wars and revolutions were, accordingly, considered afflictions, as divine punishments for sin, from which a nation could rescue itself by repentance and reformation.

The first national government of the United States, was convinced that the "public prosperity" of a society depended on the vitality of its religion. Nothing less than a "spirit of universal reformation among all ranks and degrees of our citizens," Congress declared to the American people, would "make us a holy, that so we may be a happy people.'"

Our founders actually had time to think it over and decided it best to keep religion out of government.
That is why it was featured so prominently in the very first amendment

You actually had time to think about what to post and that was the best you could come up with?

What is it with you guys that turns every discussion into…….But what about Trannies?
Damn straight. You push that crap all the time.

Now offended by the 10 commandments.

SCREW YOU is what this is about.

We dont like what you push. This is Push Back

Damn straight. You push that crap all the time.

Now offended by the 10 commandments.

SCREW YOU is what this is about.

We dont like what you push. This is Push Back

Trump supports putting the Ten Commandments in classrooms

eagle1462010: But….but…What about Trannies?

Trump supports putting the Ten Commandments in classrooms

eagle1462010: But….but…What about Trannies?
Again. YOU DAMN SKIPPY.

BTW. Louisiana pushed this. Trump is agreeing. So What?

Our opinion OFFENDS YOU?

NAME THE COMMANDMENT THAT SCARES YOU MOONBAT?

Said it in another thread and I'll say it here: This is performative stuff for the Right. I don't understand it at all. What's it supposed to do?

I'm a conservative Evangelical Christian and have been a regular churchgoer for decades. The TC is not posted in our church. We don't recite it. We do recite creeds, the Lord's Prayer, etc.

The TC is moral law for God's people. I don't get it in schools. Like--do not covet your neighbor's wife? What?
I agree with you on this. I went to a Catholic school 11 years and so did my wife and we were discussing this the other day. I never saw them posted in school or the church we had to attend everyday. We did have religion classes every day. They serve no purpose in a school but let them have it and whomever they hire to make all these poster's will probably end up making a nice chunk of change.

How many kids are going to stop in class to read them? If they start teaching from them then that opens a big can of worms.

Anyone who thinks keeping the ten commandments and or moral teachings out of our schools should never be allowed into a school to teach our youth...
A society only survives on the teachings and instruction they give to their children...
moral teachings should start at home.

A new Louisiana law will require its public schools to display copies of the Ten Commandments in classrooms. Most Americans might reasonably assume that such a law violates the establishment clause and a few Supreme Court precedents. They would be correct—and that is precisely the point.

“I’m going home to sign a bill that places the Ten Commandments in public classrooms,” Louisiana Governor Jeff Landry reportedly told a group of GOP state lawmakers and donors at a gala dinner last week in Tennessee. “And I can’t wait to be sued.”

If you are a Repub governor who knows a bill you signed is unconstitutional, why sign it?

Because the Roberts court has absolutely no regard for the Constitution or stare decisis so why not take a shot?

Yup.

Now tell me why this is so bad when they have pushed their religion of Drag Quens and Tangeners
You're completely off topic. Start another thread if you want to discuss the two things you cannot even spell but considering where you're from we'll let it slide.

The first one requiring you to worship the God of the Louisiana Legislatures choosing

I am the Lord thy God, you shall have no Gods before me
So. Who forced you to agree?

I could care less. Your side has PUSHED Drag and Transgender Religion in schools.

A new Louisiana law will require its public schools to display copies of the Ten Commandments in classrooms. Most Americans might reasonably assume that such a law violates the establishment clause and a few Supreme Court precedents. They would be correct—and that is precisely the point.

“I’m going home to sign a bill that places the Ten Commandments in public classrooms,” Louisiana Governor Jeff Landry reportedly told a group of GOP state lawmakers and donors at a gala dinner last week in Tennessee. “And I can’t wait to be sued.”

If you are a Repub governor who knows a bill you signed is unconstitutional, why sign it?

Because the Roberts court has absolutely no regard for the Constitution or stare decisis.
To get national lime light. Possible running for higher offices in the future and prepping his own MAGA crowd.

What happens if a group of parents protests this? Uh oh. Kind of like the book banning folk?

You're completely off topic. Start another thread if you want to discuss the two things you cannot even spell but considering where you're from we'll let it slide.
Its not off topic. It is the argument of your side pushing that in schools versus this.

You just dont want your sides BS in the discussion

Forum List

Back