Donald Trump Would Cut Department Of Education, EPA

You can leave a little bit but can't destroy business? What does that mean?

The EPA is primarily about preventing businesses from poisoning the air we breathe and the water we drink.

Preserving land areas as nature sanctuaries is not the EPA.
What government agency was it that JUST destroyed that river?
Oh it was Obama and the EPA.

In fact, we don't even need a Department of Defense - because all the NRA gun nutters will protect us. Plus, Putin is their hero - so no problem with Russia.

Your hatred of our military service is noted, that's typical of the left.

I served during wartime. Did you?

Let me guess you were a general /eyeroll

One should never belittle anyone's military service.

Trump is 100% correct. Liberals think throwing money at something makes it better. Dept. of Education proves the fallacy of that notion.

In fact, we don't even need a Department of Defense - because all the NRA gun nutters will protect us. Plus, Putin is their hero - so no problem with Russia.

Your hatred of our military service is noted, that's typical of the left.

I served during wartime. Did you?

Let me guess you were a general /eyeroll

One should never belittle anyone's military service.
While you were servicing the military some women had real jobs.

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump suggested Sunday that he would eliminate several federal agencies if he were elected president.

Asked on "Fox News Sunday" how he would cut spending, Trump named the Department of Education and the Environmental Protection Agency as potential targets.

"No, I'm not cutting services, but I'm cutting spending. But I may cut Department of Education. I believe Common Core is a very bad thing. I believe that we should be -- you know, educating our children from Iowa, from New Hampshire, from South Carolina, from California, from New York. I think that it should be local education," Trump said.

"So the Department of Education is one," he continued. "Environmental Protection, what they do is a disgrace. Every week they come out with new regulations."

Asked by host Chris Wallace who would protect the environment in the absence of the EPA, Trump maintained that "we'll be fine with the environment."

"We can leave a little bit, but you can't destroy businesses," he added.

I find this very scary. No federal standards for education? Each state can educate their way? The red Bible Belt states would love that. As for cutting the EPA - businesses would have a field day on that. Who would regulate business pollution? Themselves? Running a country is not all about business. In fact, you don't run a country like you run a business.

I do too, you have your bible belt who some want the bible to be taught in schools and well we need standard education, the same in all states. EPA has been cut by the GOP already, and well we have a water and pollution problems and we can't let these big corps keep on polluting our water, what's left, our air and our land. Trump may not take contributions, but he is in big business, and he buys supplies that build his real estate and energy services that service his businesses.

I can't believe people don't care about the earth and pollution.

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump suggested Sunday that he would eliminate several federal agencies if he were elected president.

Asked on "Fox News Sunday" how he would cut spending, Trump named the Department of Education and the Environmental Protection Agency as potential targets.

"No, I'm not cutting services, but I'm cutting spending. But I may cut Department of Education. I believe Common Core is a very bad thing. I believe that we should be -- you know, educating our children from Iowa, from New Hampshire, from South Carolina, from California, from New York. I think that it should be local education," Trump said.

"So the Department of Education is one," he continued. "Environmental Protection, what they do is a disgrace. Every week they come out with new regulations."

Asked by host Chris Wallace who would protect the environment in the absence of the EPA, Trump maintained that "we'll be fine with the environment."

I find this very scary. No federal standards for education? Each state can educate their way? The red Bible Belt states would love that. As for cutting the EPA - businesses would have a field day on that. Who would regulate business pollution? Themselves? Running a country is not all about business. In fact, you don't run a country like you run a business.

Trump has no idea what Common Core is. He hears it mentioned in the usual conservative rants, so now he's decided to pander to those people.

You can leave a little bit but can't destroy business? What does that mean?

The EPA is primarily about preventing businesses from poisoning the air we breathe and the water we drink.

Preserving land areas as nature sanctuaries is not the EPA.
What government agency was it that JUST destroyed that river?
Oh it was Obama and the EPA.
Why yes, let the corporations destroy them rivers like back in the olden golden days....the 1970's...

I do too, you have your bible belt who some want the bible to be taught in schools and well we need standard education, the same in all states. EPA has been cut by the GOP already, and well we have a water and pollution problems and we can't let these big corps keep on polluting our water, what's left, our air and our land. Trump may not take contributions, but he is in big business, and he buys supplies that build his real estate and energy services that service his businesses.

Just because you get rid of a overbearing bureaucracy doesn't mean all laws disappear. All laws should be passed by Congress the way our Constitution outlines. Nobody is going to die because we don't have bureaucracies. These jokers in Congress only work a few months out of the year as it is. Let them earn their money.

Just because somebody disagrees with YOUR methods doesn't mean they don't care. Ever entertain the idea YOU could be wrong?

Just because somebody disagrees with YOUR methods doesn't mean they don't care. Ever entertain the idea YOU could be wrong?

No, the earth is being polluted and the bible should not be taught in schools.

I recall when the Department of Education was formed by Jimmy Carter and how disappointed I was in Reagan for not eliminating it. If it was up to me it would be gone.

Regarding the EPA, after Love Canal and such, the question of protecting one's property from the environmental consequences of another is beyond my resources to tackle with any intelligent opinion. My thought is limited to the reasoning that because these consequences extend beyond state lines there is justification for federal intervention.

I recall when the Department of Education was formed by Jimmy Carter and how disappointed I was in Reagan for not eliminating it. If it was up to me it would be gone.

Regarding the EPA, after Love Canal and such, the question of protecting one's property from the environmental consequences of another is beyond my resources to tackle with any intelligent opinion. My thought is limited to the reasoning that because these consequences extend beyond state lines there is justification for federal intervention.

So what do you suggest for education, everyone does their own thing?

No, the earth is being polluted and the bible should not be taught in schools.
Where did I disagree with that? I'm talking about your notion that anyone who disagrees with your ideas somehow "doesn't care about the earth".

Excellent. just two of the worthless agencies that we have to pay for. He could also cut funding for PBS, NEA, and sky's the limit . Just think of all the money that would saved. Also a few of these agencies has gotten out of control in making up their own rules without we the people having any Representation of our Congress members. especially under the tyrant Obama

figures the BIG Government lovers at the hufferpuffer would crying over it. what do they care how much it take from you taxpayers to keep paying for the MONSTER that has gotten out of control and is now Consuming we the people

Do you want to go back to the size of Government in 1900 when the Population was 77 million.

So what do you suggest for education, everyone does their own thing?

Why do you leftists feel that the federal government belongs in everything? Let the states run their schools. There is no need for the federal government to be involved.

Forum List

Back