Don’t Believe the Democrat Attacks on Tax Reform. Here Are the Facts.

How about you discuss the actual bill instead of irrelevancies?

Can you explain why increasing debt by 1.7T dollar to prop up "WINNING!" economy with tax cuts for the rich is such a great idea???

Stop lying then we can discuss the issue.

What am I lying about?

DISCUSS.

I'm growing tired of the left's 40 year old 'tax cuts for the rich' talking point nonsense. If you want to have a rational discussion on this topic, which could be bipartisan and thoughtful, check your talking points at the door.

What is "irrational" about not wanting to give those ALREADY DOING GREAT in this country yet another huge tax-cut at expense of blowing yet another hole in Federal budgets?

You are bailing on rational discussion because you know this tax-cut bill is ridiculous.

Christ almighty...lets discuss FACTS not talking points. This bill caps one of the biggest deductions for the 'rich' the mortgage interest deduction on homes. The vast majority of Americans are not effected by this, the rich they got screwed. Here's another the deduction for state income and sales taxes, eliminated. The poor and middle class get a pass, an increase in the standard deduction to offset this. The 'rich' again get screwed.

Bullcrap - most of the rich OWN their homes and estates and many use pass-through taxation, meaning they get a HUGE tax cut overall. But now ON TOP of that they will not be subject to alternate minimum tax AND their born-with-silver-spoon kids will now inherit all that wealth tax-free.

Middle class people on the other hand have big mortgage interest bills that will effectively increase.

YES I did you are just too fucking stupid to get it.

"Half of this country" is bullshit. People still pay federal payroll taxes and AS MY GRAPH SHOWS, even bottom 20% of earners pay Federal taxes.
You call others stupid when you're that fucking dumb?

They get every dime of those taxes back plus MORE. In other words, they pay no taxes.

God, you're a fucking idiot.

The poor pay plenty of taxes, not federal income tax but other federal taxes and they get raped at the state and local level. States like progressive liberal Oregon for example.
the poor are raped by consumption taxes.

States tax the crap out of the poor and middle class, give the money to the state public employee unions to buy their votes and the unions kick back part of the money to the politicians to get them reelected. A racket rife with conflicts of interests that would make a mob boss blush. Meanwhile the poor and middle class in both parties get fucked over.
I really wanted to see one of our leftists buddies in here say this. yes the consumption tax exists, but not for the purposes of taxation, instead as you say future votes.

Its all about politicians getting reelected, that's why government makes so many retarded financial decisions.

What am I lying about?

DISCUSS.

I'm growing tired of the left's 40 year old 'tax cuts for the rich' talking point nonsense. If you want to have a rational discussion on this topic, which could be bipartisan and thoughtful, check your talking points at the door.

What is "irrational" about not wanting to give those ALREADY DOING GREAT in this country yet another huge tax-cut at expense of blowing yet another hole in Federal budgets?

You are bailing on rational discussion because you know this tax-cut bill is ridiculous.

Christ almighty...lets discuss FACTS not talking points. This bill caps one of the biggest deductions for the 'rich' the mortgage interest deduction on homes. The vast majority of Americans are not effected by this, the rich they got screwed. Here's another the deduction for state income and sales taxes, eliminated. The poor and middle class get a pass, an increase in the standard deduction to offset this. The 'rich' again get screwed.

Bullcrap - most of the rich OWN their homes and estates and many use pass-through taxation, meaning they get a HUGE tax cut overall. But now ON TOP of that they will not be subject to alternate minimum tax AND their born-with-silver-spoon kids will now inherit all that wealth tax-free.

Middle class people on the other hand have big mortgage interest bills that will effectively increase.
Middle class people on the other hand have big mortgage interest bills that will effectively increase

how exactly?

You call others stupid when you're that fucking dumb?

They get every dime of those taxes back plus MORE. In other words, they pay no taxes.

God, you're a fucking idiot.

The poor pay plenty of taxes, not federal income tax but other federal taxes and they get raped at the state and local level. States like progressive liberal Oregon for example.
the poor are raped by consumption taxes.

States tax the crap out of the poor and middle class, give the money to the state public employee unions to buy their votes and the unions kick back part of the money to the politicians to get them reelected. A racket rife with conflicts of interests that would make a mob boss blush. Meanwhile the poor and middle class in both parties get fucked over.
I really wanted to see one of our leftists buddies in here say this. yes the consumption tax exists, but not for the purposes of taxation, instead as you say future votes.

Its all about politicians getting reelected, that's why government makes so many retarded financial decisions.
didn't they once call it a shell game?

When speaking of a consumption tax to replace the income tax it is generally understood that it is a tax on everything consumed not just a few things
Uh-huh, that's probable if one happens to find oneself discussing that with a group of superficial sheeple, however that wasn't my objective

My objective was to correct your ignorance of the fact that consumption taxes already exist in the U.S.

The polite thing to do would be to just say "Thank You".

Hasta la vista
where does the money for the current consumption taxes go? Feds or State, City, Local?

All of the above; proportional to the taxing authority from whence they originated and the distribution allocation specified in the relevant legislation that created them.

What am I lying about?

DISCUSS.

Didn't I tell you to check your talking points at the door? Lets define 'rich' shall we, two working parents making $250k a year total that's how government defines the 'rich'.

When speaking of a consumption tax to replace the income tax it is generally understood that it is a tax on everything consumed not just a few things
Uh-huh, that's probable if one happens to find oneself discussing that with a group of superficial sheeple, however that wasn't my objective

My objective was to correct your ignorance of the fact that consumption taxes already exist in the U.S.

Hasta la vista
where does the money for the current consumption taxes go? Feds or State, City, Local?

All of the above; proportional to the taxing authority from whence they originated and the distribution allocation specified in the relevant legislation that created them.
Sales tax goes to the state and city. It does not go to the Feds. post a link that says that.

What am I lying about?

DISCUSS.

Didn't I tell you to check your talking points at the door? Lets define 'rich' shall we, two working parents making $250k a year total that's how government defines the 'rich'.

LOL talking points? Fuck off, I post in good faith what makes sense to me.

$250k+ income - that is how I define rich. $250 being the BOTTOM CASE you are NARROWLY cherry picking. It's like me concentrating on people making 1 million plus who are ALSO in this category.

Do SOME of these people have mortgage? Sure. But far less often than people in middle brackets and the fact that they are not subject to minimum alternate tax easily makes up for it.

$250k income - that is how I define it.

I predicted you could not discuss this topic in a bipartisan honest way, you are here to spew liberal talking points nothing more. Here talk to the hand nitwit :eusa_hand:

Hasta la vista

Sales tax goes to the state and city. It does not go to the Feds. post a link that says that.
Nobody said they did.

I predicted you could not discuss this topic in a bipartisan honest way, you are here to spew liberal talking points nothing more. Here talk to the hand nitwit :eusa_hand:

Put that tail between your legs and get lost mr.perpetual-deflector. You clearly are not interested in any sort of real debate on this.

Most middle class folk will get a very small decrease. Why didn't they propose a much larger decrease only for the middle class? If you want extra money in peoples hands then do it. A couple hundred will not spur job growth or more importantly massive wage increases....like double as we have been told.
Most of the so called middle class pay very little income tax anyway

Right, so how does doubling a deduction offer any relief for those folks?

It's a gimmick designed to make it look good.
A hundred extra bucks a month isn't much to crow about when compared to the saving corps and the wealthy will realize.
again, the wealthy aren't getting anything. so a hundred a month is 1200 a year. And you find that insignificant. Now that is truly funny. it's almost a ten percent saving to a group that hasn't seen jack shit since 2003.

you find that insignificant

It is.
It will have zero stimulative effect on the econmy.

The fact that you think $100 extra a month would change the quality of life for anyone in the middle class is laughable.

Put that tail between your legs and get lost mr.perpetual-deflector. You clearly are not interested in any sort of real debate on this.

Your new name is ProjectionQueen

Your new name is ProjectionQueen

I'm making real, substantive arguments, you are complaining about me personally to deflect away from them.

What of that characterization of what is going on here not true?

Most middle class folk will get a very small decrease. Why didn't they propose a much larger decrease only for the middle class? If you want extra money in peoples hands then do it. A couple hundred will not spur job growth or more importantly massive wage increases....like double as we have been told.

A hundred extra bucks a month isn't much to crow about when compared to the saving corps and the wealthy will realize.
again, the wealthy aren't getting anything. so a hundred a month is 1200 a year. And you find that insignificant. Now that is truly funny. it's almost a ten percent saving to a group that hasn't seen jack shit since 2003.

It is.

The fact that you think $100 extra a month would change the quality of life for anyone in the middle class is laughable.

Listen, as ridiculous as this policy is, it is VERY hard to blow 1.7 Trillion dollars on-credit and not get growth before the bill is due.

We should not be blowing 1.7 Trillion, BUT IF WE ARE, there are one hundred and one other ways to blow it so it helps low and middle class much more significantly over the small minority of people ALREADY doing great in our economy.

Last edited:
That includes you.

Maybe maybe not. You don't know how much I make and I sure ain't telling you.

I know you're not the 1% and thus not benefiting from this tax plan.
neither are the other 1%'s. you got evidence? or are you a parrot for the left?

Yeah you're right. This tax plan doesn't do away with the estate tax or AMT. That would definitely not doing anything to help the 1%.

Are you actually retarded or just trying to convince us all that you are.
I thought you all were in here saying that estate tax was nothing but a capital gains tax? WTF? what has it to do with income for the country?

When did I ever say anything like that?

How about now admitting you don't understand this tax proposal.

It is.

Listen, as ridiculous as this policy is, it is VERY hard to blow 1.7 Trillion dollars on-credit and not get growth before the bill is due.

We should not be blowing 1.7 Trillion, BUT IF WE ARE, there are one hundred and one other ways to blow it so it helps low and middle class much more significantly over the small minority of people ALREADY doing great in our economy.

I totally agree. Significant, long term growth will only come through higher wages.

Dropping that $1.7t on infrastructure would do far more than any tax cut will.

As usual, DemocRATs scream how it “favors the rich” and “raises taxes on the middle class.” And, as usual, it’s nothing but bull poop! This article spells out some of the truths and is worth reading.

Regarding the middle class, Democrats fail to mention that under the new House plan, the standardized deduction would almost double from $6,350 to over $12,000 for single filers, and $12,700 to $24,000 for married couples filing jointly. That means the number of Americans who claim the standard deduction would likely go from 60 percent of all filers to 90 percent.

Critics also fail to mention that the tax credit per child would increase from $1,000 to $1,600.

Additionally, critics don’t admit that the impact of simplifying the tax code would disproportionately help lower- and middle-income taxpayers, most of whom would be able to file their taxes using a simple postcard.

More @ Don't Believe the Democrat Attacks on Tax Reform. Here Are the Facts.

Nobody fails to mention the increased standard deduction nor the added CTC.

You lied.

Do they sunset?

Hasta la vista

Nobody said they did.
well yes you did. obviously you can't breath cause you can't read what you wrote. ok, so how does that help the debt? that is the discussion. you all said it already exists, well not to the feds. so you all lied.

huh?

Forum List

Back