🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Don't Mess with Texas?

In a strongly-worded letter to BLM Director Neil Kornze, Abbott pulled no punches in demanding to know what authority granted them the right to seize Texas land.

“I am deeply concerned about the notion that the Bureau of Land Management believes the federal government has the authority to swoop in and take land that has been owned and cultivated by Texas landowners for generations,” Abbott wrote. “The BLM’s newly asserted claims to land along the Red River threaten to upset long-settled private property rights and undermine fundamental principles—including the rule of law—that form the foundation of our democracy. Yet, the BLM has failed to disclose either its full intentions or the legal justification for its proposed actions. Decisions of this magnitude must not be made inside a bureaucratic black box.”

Abbott laid out his case, telling the BLM that they had no authority in the area, writing,

“Nearly a century ago, the U.S. Supreme Court determined that the gradient line of the south bank of the Red River—subject to the doctrines of accretion and avulsion—was the boundary between Texas and Oklahoma. Oklahoma v. Texas, 260 U.S. 606 (1923). More recently, in 1994, the BLM stated that the Red River area was ‘[a] unique situation’ and stated that ‘[t]he area itself cannot be defined until action by the U.S. Congress establishes the permanent state boundary between Oklahoma and Texas.’ Further, the BLM determined that one possible scenario was legislation that established the ‘south geologic cut bank as the boundary,’ which could have resulted ‘in up to 90,000 acres’ of newly delineated federal land. But no such legislation was ever enacted.”

The liberals only want to engage on Racist rant threads.

They don't want to address the real issue going on with Federal Land Grabs................

COWARDS................

I am pretty sure that this will be decided in a court of law. Aren't you?

Yep. But it will not be the Federal Gov't facing off against a lone Cattle Rancher and his family this time.

He will be fighting States who have the resources to take them on.

And you still will not engage on these land grabs one way or another.

Should the feds take these 90,000 acres via the BLM?

Huh..........I can't hear you................

Yep. But it will not be the Federal Gov't facing off against a lone Cattle Rancher and his family this time.

These idiots don't care unless it directly affects themselves. Then they'll blame the right and Republicans. It's their M.O.

I don't know. Haven't looked at the case at all. Not too worked up about it either way.

What I do know is that the case will be decided peacefully.....in a federal court. You know.....the kind you don't recognize. Your wet dream of an armed conflict over "land grabs" will not come to be.

I don't know. Haven't looked at the case at all. Not too worked up about it either way.

What I do know is that the case will be decided peacefully.....in a federal court. You know.....the kind you don't recognize. Your wet dream of an armed conflict over "land grabs" will not come to be.

Of course you are not going to look at that case.........because it would go against your standard BS posts...............

Decided peacefully...........

Ummmmmmm........hmmmmmmmmmm..........

The Gov't showed up armed to the teeth in Bundy's case and started this chit........Not the other way around..........and people got pissed off about it..............

No one wanted an armed engagement........as you claim...............that is just liberal BS.

Of course you are not going to look at that case.........because it would go against your standard BS posts...............

The Gov't showed up armed to the teeth in Bundy's case and started this chit........Not the other way around..........and people got pissed off about it..............

No one wanted an armed engagement........as you claim...............that is just liberal BS.

I will look at the case. Will you? All you have said is "land grab = bad".

The link you provided does not give much info on the reason for the controversy. Do you have any clue as to the case that the "Feds" are making here?

I'll spend a minute or two researching.

The link you provided does not give much info on the reason for the controversy. Do you have any clue as to the case that the "Feds" are making here?

That research has been posted on numerous threads already............Did you just skip by on all of those points being made on all the threads........................

Or do you contend that this information has not already been put out about the situation in Texas.....................:eusa_boohoo:

Texas Lt. Governor: BLM ?Makes My Blood Boil?

HOUSTON, TEXAS--Texas Lt. Governor David Dewhurst slammed the U.S. Bureau of Land Management in a statement today after Breitbart Texas revealed a federal plan to potentially seize mass tracts of privately-held land. The Lt. Governor said any such plan was “outrageous” and “made [his] blood boil.” The powerful state executive called on the Texas Attorney General to file a lawsuit against the BLM to blunt any federal designs for uncompensated “confiscation” of property.

Point of the OP.

Don't Mess with Texas.........................

0ac19fd4688f96664e6868439bde53aa00e0ebbc.jpg

Well..........lots of regurgitation going on with this one. Washington Times, Brietbart, Fox.

Lots of scary headlines.

The BLM says they are only looking to protect 140 acres....not 90,000. That is a big gap.

I am convinced that you have just recently become interested in "land grabs" and have been heavily influenced by the RW echo chamber when it comes to this particular issue. I think you don't know what it is even about. Your understanding of the case is no deeper than the WND opinion page. You have gone from never thinking about land grabs to a full fledged anti-BLM activist in the span of a week.

Did you get a woody when you heard the Texas gubernatorial candidate talk tough and suggest that "Come and Take It" flag? I'll bet you did.

That research has been posted on numerous threads already............Did you just skip by on all of those points being made on all the threads........................

Or do you contend that this information has not already been put out about the situation in Texas.....................:eusa_boohoo:

That is not research, idiot. It is all opinion piece bullshit from bullshit sources.

Try harder.

That is not research, idiot. It is all opinion piece bullshit from bullshit sources.

Try harder.

I guess you know more in your 2 minutes of famous research than the Lt. Governor and AG of Texas............

Damn it man, you are brilliant..................

Have you considered telling these incompetent people the real deal here..........In 2 minutes you have stated that these men's claims don't exist at all...........

Are you a legend in your own mind as well..............

I'll call them for you..............and tell them that lone laughter has stated that it's all BS and no need to file a lawsuit against the Feds..........

You can all go home now.................

Are you really that stupid Lone Laughter................

Try harder.

I guess you know more in your 2 minutes of famous research than the Lt. Governor and AG of Texas............

Damn it man, you are brilliant..................

Have you considered telling these incompetent people the real deal here..........In 2 minutes you have stated that these men's claims don't exist at all...........

Are you a legend in your own mind as well..............

I'll call them for you..............and tell them that lone laughter has stated that it's all BS and no need to file a lawsuit against the Feds..........

You can all go home now.................

Are you really that stupid Lone Laughter................

No. In my two minutes...I learned that the BLM does not want 90,000 acres and denies that they are even seeking any new land. They are looking to protect 140 acres that have always been federal property. I learned that the Texas-Oklahoma border area has been the subject of decades of lawsuits and that any case generated by this grandstanding candidate will not likely solve the matter.

Here is the official BLM statement on the matter:

BLM Red River (OK/TX) Statement

The BLM is categorically not expanding Federal holdings along the Red River. The 140-acres in question were determined to be public land in 1986 when the U.S. District Court ruled on a case brought by two private landowners, each seeking to adjust boundary lines for their respective properties. The BLM was not party to any litigation between the landowners. The 140-acres were at no time held in private ownership.

Questions should be addressed to Paul McGuire at 405-790-1009.

Any comment on that?

I also learned that the State of Texas has done some nifty land grabbing while this dude has been AG. Got any comment on that?

Forum List

Back