Dr Benjamin Carson Prayer Breakfast Speech! Wow!!!

This guy needs to run for President! Wow.....

See the Prayer Breakfast Speech That’s Grabbing Headlines: Doctor Attacks Political Correctness, National Debt in Front of Obama

One of the more unique speeches delivered at this morning’s National Prayer Breakfast came from Dr. Benjamin S. Carson, a world-renowned pediatric neurosurgeon at Johns Hopkins Hospital. Taking the stage before President Barack Obama’s faith-filled address, Carson spoke for more than 25 minutes, tackling issues ranging from education to personal responsibility. His keynote, while predicated upon the theme of Jesus Christ as his ultimate role model, also took a starkly political tone, advocating against some of the very policies the president has implemented.
See the Prayer Breakfast Speech That?s Grabbing Headlines: Doctor Attacks Political Correctness, National Debt in Front of Obama | Video | TheBlaze.com
I met the man in 1990 at age 14 and he signed my copy of his book.

I'd certainly vote for him for anything. However, he's not political...he's sincerely religious w/sound bible-based doctrine.

The radical RW Christian Republicans can learn a thing or two from him. He doesn't preach it, he lives it.

Like I've stated before, if Republicans only practiced what they preached, they'd be surprised at who and how many people supported and voted for them. But, alas, they won't.

Has there been ANY progress on finding a cure for your TERMINAL HYPOCRISY?

How did this BLACK man (Dr. Carson) escape the Democrat plantation?

Dr. Carson is a perfect example of what happens to minorities who don't get used and abused and beat down by the Democrats...........they become productive citizens.

See the Prayer Breakfast Speech That’s Grabbing Headlines: Doctor Attacks Political Correctness, National Debt in Front of Obama

One of the more unique speeches delivered at this morning’s National Prayer Breakfast came from Dr. Benjamin S. Carson, a world-renowned pediatric neurosurgeon at Johns Hopkins Hospital. Taking the stage before President Barack Obama’s faith-filled address, Carson spoke for more than 25 minutes, tackling issues ranging from education to personal responsibility. His keynote, while predicated upon the theme of Jesus Christ as his ultimate role model, also took a starkly political tone, advocating against some of the very policies the president has implemented.
See the Prayer Breakfast Speech That?s Grabbing Headlines: Doctor Attacks Political Correctness, National Debt in Front of Obama | Video | TheBlaze.com

I'd certainly vote for him for anything. However, he's not political...he's sincerely religious w/sound bible-based doctrine.

The radical RW Christian Republicans can learn a thing or two from him. He doesn't preach it, he lives it.

Like I've stated before, if Republicans only practiced what they preached, they'd be surprised at who and how many people supported and voted for them. But, alas, they won't.

Nice rationalization.:clap2:
What rationalization?

Do you even know what that word means sir?

He's already been dismissed as a sell-out and an Uncle Tom. Guess they don't wanna hear it if it doesn't involve free stuff.

Dr. Carson is a perfect example of what happens to minorities who don't get used and abused and beat down by the Democrats...........they become productive citizens.
You don't know WHAT his politics are.

Did you listen to his FIRST words?

If so, tell me what message you got from it.

And I suppose that you have some kind of "insider" information about Dr. Carson's politics, based on the fact that you use Malcolm X as your avatar? :cuckoo:

And I suppose that you have some kind of "insider" information about Dr. Carson's politics, based on the fact that you use Malcolm X as your avatar? :cuckoo:
Actually, I have a clue.

However, that wasn't my point.

I didn't say I did, I simply said the guy DIDN'T.

What were his first words of the speech, and what message did you get from them?

Old school conservatives think this guy punked the prayer too.

Carson's speech was just the same ol', same ol' Republican bullpucky, but delivered at an inappropriate venue -- I wonder why some righty's think it's OK for a lifelong conservative and Seventh Day Adventist to use-----use for heaven's sake, a prayer meeting to push his political agenda? wwjd

Fox Conservative Guest Slams Dr. Ben Carson For ‘Inappropriate’ Political Speech At Prayer Breakfast | Mediaite

Noah Rothman
February 11th, 2013

<snip>

Jon Scott asked Thomas and Fox News Contributor Alan Colmes about the reaction by CNN Anchor Candy Crowley to Carson’s speech when she asked her Sunday panel guests if it was appropriate for him to deliver a partisan address at the prayer breakfast.

“Candy was correct,” Thomas said curtly. “Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Alan.”

<snip>

“I think it was inappropriate,” Thomas answered “I wouldn’t disagree with a single thing he said, it just wasn’t the right venue for doing it.”

“What Cal said,” Colmes noted when it came his time to weigh in.

Nice rationalization.:clap2:

Shitty deflection....... :cool:

Actually, I have a clue.

What were his first words of the speech, and what message did you get from them?

He started his speech by relating the uniformity between Republicans and Democrats when asked what most concerned them in their spirituality. And that this informed his comments prepared for the National Prayer Breakfast. And you have a problem with this, how?

I don't care if this guy is green, purple, pink black or white...but after seeing this speech...I would vote for this guy any day of the week.
This was a great speech, even Michelle applauded this man 10-15 times...but did you notice her husband? Sat there like a bump on a log - he wasn't going to clap. No sir. Not a goddamn whisper. Why? Because this man categorically spoke meaning that Obama disagrees with vehemently...words like:
Self reliance.
Fairness.
Real education.
Earning is better than getting something for nothing.

We have the wrong black man in office.

Next time, the Liberals will get a Latino agnostic to speak.

I started this thread yesterday morning and i have only ONE comment? I'm surprised nobody wants to talk about this guy....maybe the libs are afraid to talk about him, he makes sense and seems to be a WHOLE lot smarter than the guy we have in the WH right now!! Where was he when we needed him??? :)
Not to worry....there was a similar thread yesterday. Several of us sensible, honest people commented on how the good doctor put Obama in his place.

Yes, and I posted two videos of his speech....( yesterday ) I think Jroc or Paulitician posted the thread....

Here's one, that recaps his speech.

Last edited by a moderator:

Actually, I have a clue.

Since I, unlike you, do not think my religion revolves around politics, the message I got is that the government needs to stop pretending it is the source of our way of life.

A YouTube video of Carson’s speech has since racked up more than 1 million views. A Wall Street Journal editorial ran under the headline “Ben Carson for President.” Carson told Sean Hannity on Fox News, “If the Lord grabbed me by the collar and made me do it, I would. It’s not my intention.” Hannity replied, “I would vote for you in a heartbeat.”

^instant disqualifier on a couple of levels

He started his speech by relating the uniformity between Republicans and Democrats when asked what most concerned them in their spirituality. And that this informed his comments prepared for the National Prayer Breakfast. And you have a problem with this, how?
Close...

He actually started his speech by reading four (4) texts of Scripture.

Proverbs 11:9 (New International Version) said:
With their mouths the godless destroy their neighbors, but through knowledge the righteous escape.
Source: Proverbs - Purpose and Theme - The proverbs of - Bible Gateway

His message here is to communicate that words have meaning and words have power. The power to destroy others with negative words. Either by offense, lies, slander or the like.

Proverbs 11:12 (New International Version) said:
Whoever derides their neighbor has no sense, but the one who has understanding holds their tongue.

He further expounds on the concept of words having the ability to destroy people by citing the text of Scripture that states that those who engage in that are not wise. Hence, only fools and ignoramuses seek to demean and deride and offend others for the sake of offending.

Proverbs 11:25 (New International Version) said:
A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.

He continues with a text of Scripture that states the importance of being genereous and the blessings of being generous. That is, of course, sharing your wealth.

2 Chronicles 7:14 (New International Version) said:
if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Source: 2 - - Bible Gateway

His final choice of Scripture covers Christians and how they should act. Note "my people, who are called by my name" meaning not heathens or athiests, but self-proclaimed Christians. If you call yourself a Christian...act like one. Which ties back into his 3 previous text he cited on how to act.

Then he specifically went on that it was NOT his intention to offend anyone, and went on to expound on that.

The point is, he's not saying things for the purpose of offending others...that's the message. It was after all this that he began his speech.

Now let's look at the RW response. NOTHING of what I just covered is mentioned. What did they latch on to instead? Oh how Dr. Carson embarrassed the President and spoke out against his policies. Which was EXACTLY the opposite of Dr. Carson's intent.

You guys seem to be very skillful at missing and misconstruing glaringly obvious messages and extracting what YOU want from it.

Carry on.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back