Economy in crapper with record high employment.

Uh, no.. Actually, the Labor Participation rate before the TRUMP RECESSION hit was 63.4%. At the worst point it hit 60.8% It currently stands at 62.3.

Now, the Labor Participation Rate (Because you don't seem clear on the concept) is the percent of the population that is gainfully employed or seeking work. It hit a high of 67% in 2001 and has been declining slowly ever since, with a sharp drop in 2011 when the baby boomers started retiring.

During the prosperous times of the 1960's, the LPR was only 58%. It started rising in the 1970's when Boomers started entering the workforce AND when women were more likely to pursue careers rather than just be homemakers!

Now, there are some other factors to consider here. One is that Covid made people really reconsider their relationship with work. Some people found it was better to economize and have one parent stay home than to have both work and pay for daycare.
Trump didn't throw the nation into depression. He worked hard for and won success for employment in high-paying jobs, even if the new employee was unemployed for a long time. He got a lot of people back to work, and they liked it because it beat the hard times they had on the government dole.

I blame COVID for inflation. Everyone who is rational does.
Most of us are over there and employment now sucks. Biden is thinking about his next schema to get richer than he is now, and he doesn't give a damn about poor people he invited to come over the border. His ilk doesn't want them on their Martha's vineyard, and I don't see him opening his 5 front doors on all those mansions he owns to welcome illegal aliens to sleep in a bed. He's a damn miser.

Most of us are over there and employment now sucks. Biden is thinking about his next schema to get richer than he is now, and he doesn't give a damn about poor people he invited to come over the border. His ilk doesn't want them on their Martha's vineyard, and I don't see him opening his 5 front doors on all those mansions he owns to welcome illegal aliens to sleep in a bed. He's a damn miser.

He might invite an illegal minor to his bed...

That’s a real non sequitor.

Anyway, I’m sure the Republican answer would be tax cuts for rich and bailouts for corporations because that’s what’s going to help working class people.

Last two quarters were negative 1.6% and 0.6%. It’s hardly earth shattering lack of growth. These are tiny numbers.

Forum List

Back