Eden Garden of the GodS

Notice how Taz never quotes a Biblical verse or a sentence from an article.
Genesis 2:22 "Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man." Is this a joke or what?
Start from Genesis 1:1 and we’ll talk.
I’m sure when it comes to money you do not react out of context.
So you can't respond to this quote because you have nothing so we'll move on.

"Genesis 1:1
The Beginning
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."
So is that the Big Bang, or something else? Because planets weren't formed until a long time after the BB.
Yes; the Big Bang.
The origin of existence is from expanding light.
Don’t you read any Torah commentaries from 2,000 years ago?
You think you have anything original to offer?
You don’t.
But the earth wasn't made "in the beginning". Earth is around 4 billion years old and the universe 13.8. How do you explain that?
My bad!
This discussion is so inane I forgot...
If an omnipotent God created a universe and a planet that could support human life, how old would that planet be by today’s scientific measurements?

Next, the only creation of free will man story that is recorded is the successful story.
It took x number of iterations until mankind produced a Noah who would make it through the cleansing of mankind.

You automatically lose for invoking Wikipedia. Thx for playing.

At least I know you're not serious now. :)
Genesis 2:22 "Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man." Is this a joke or what?

That's what it says, baby. I'm not one to dispute it.
Because that makes sense to you?

My belief is faith-based, and I'll admit that.

What you're calling "Science" is not science, it is also faith-based, but I have my doubts you'll admit that.
Science is based on observation, experiments... Faith is the belief in something that has no proof. In science, if you have no proof, it's not science. But I know, you prefer to live in a fantasy world. Whatever floats your boat. Me personally, I'm interested in why people believe, like, is there a solid foundation for belief? Apparently not, if I go by this site. You know what you believe isn't real, yet you choose to believe it anyways. Now THAT'S faith, brother.

What you're calling "Science" is not science, it is also faith-based, but I have my doubts you'll admit that.
Science is based on observation, experiments... Faith is the belief in something that has no proof. In science, if you have no proof, it's not science. But I know, you prefer to live in a fantasy world. Whatever floats your boat. Me personally, I'm interested in why people believe, like, is there a solid foundation for belief? Apparently not, if I go by this site. You know what you believe isn't real, yet you choose to believe it anyways. Now THAT'S faith, brother.

Well sir, you have no proof there was ever a Pangea or Big Bang. Whatcha gonna do?

Christianity is faith based and Judaism is behavior based.
Whoever said otherwise?
Humans, for the most part, never receive a revelation.
What would they do with it?

The Beginning
So is that the Big Bang, or something else? Because planets weren't formed until a long time after the BB.
Yes; the Big Bang.
You don’t.
But the earth wasn't made "in the beginning". Earth is around 4 billion years old and the universe 13.8. How do you explain that?
1 Explanation...No stars and planets for the first 3 cycles of increasing and decreasing energy.
And if you don’t think out of the box like the ancient rabbis you’ll get nowhere.
"out of the box", don't you mean "suspend reality"? Or is that the same thing to rabbis?

Well sir, you have no proof there was ever a Pangea or Big Bang. Whatcha gonna do?
He has faith.

The Beginning
Yes; the Big Bang.
You don’t.
1 Explanation...No stars and planets for the first 3 cycles of increasing and decreasing energy.
And if you don’t think out of the box like the ancient rabbis you’ll get nowhere.
"out of the box", don't you mean "suspend reality"? Or is that the same thing to rabbis?
I don’t know what they experienced but they never threatened me with Hell so there was nothing to reject out of disgust.

Believe in an invisible superbeing that lives in another dimension that nobody has ever been to or seen, and who drowned nearly all of mankind, including babies, because they wouldn't worship him enough after he gave them the choice to not worship him? Did I get that right?

Whoever said otherwise?
Believe in the god who so desperately wants you to believe in it?

What does behavior based Judaism mean? You don't believe in all the made up stories?

He has faith.
Like I said, science is based on data that exists, so not faith. The BB may not be completely provable because we can't go back in time, but they have the right idea. Anyways, nobody is saying to believe in the BB or you'll displease a ghost and go to hell, are they?

The Beginning
Yes; the Big Bang.
You don’t.
I don’t know what they experienced but they never threatened me with Hell so there was nothing to reject out of disgust.
So you have no idea what they went through but believe anything they say. Wow! Such stunning critical thinking! :biggrin:

Whoever said otherwise?

What does behavior based Judaism mean? You don't believe in all the made up stories?
Prove they’re made up by making a time machine.
I do the positive Commandments and avoid the negative Commandments.
You’re too subjective to be an agnostic.
You were abused and won’t admit it.

I’m also beginning to believe you are a Jew because you’re too angry.

Yes; the Big Bang.
You don’t.
So you have no idea what they went through but believe anything they say. Wow! Such stunning critical thinking! :biggrin:
The history of the Jews is thorough because we were always educated.
Check out Wikipedia...we haven’t missed a generation since creation.

Whoever said otherwise?

YA, I'm a self-hating Jew!!! :biggrin:

Not! But there are a lot of those around.

So you cherry-pick the Commandments, way to follow god's words!!! :lol:

He has faith.
Like I said, science is based on data that exists, so not faith. The BB may not be completely provable because we can't go back in time, but they have the right idea. Anyways, nobody is saying to believe in the BB or you'll displease a ghost and go to hell, are they?
In order to be on the Sanhedrin, one must master the sciences.
I bet you can’t intercalate a month into the lunar calendar.

So Jews have been around for 13.8 billion years? I didn't know that. Where? :biggrin:

Whoever said otherwise?

YA, I'm a self-hating Jew!!! :biggrin:

Not! But there are a lot of those around.

So you cherry-pick the Commandments, way to follow god's words!!! :lol:
Prove I cherry pick.
C’mon, you’re an Internet PhD.

So Jews have been around for 13.8 billion years? I didn't know that. Where? :biggrin:
We have history traced back to Adam.
You have Google.

He has faith.
In order to be on the Sanhedrin, one must master the sciences.
I bet you can’t intercalate a month into the lunar calendar.
Master the science that existed 4000 years ago? LOL! That explains a lot! :lol:

I would love to see you have a debate with Maimonedes.

Forum List

Back