Educating Democrats: Economics

P@triot

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2011
United States
Continuing my series on educating liberals, today we cover their absolute weakest point - economics. Of course, part of this weakness stems from their greed. When you're crazed out of your mind with getting your hands on other people's money, you're not likely to stop and think about what that is doing to the economy. But who knows, maybe today some young liberal will actually read the facts listed below and become the first liberal in US history to actually THINK.

• In 1968, there were 51 people employed full-time for every 1 person on disability.

• In 1997, there were 24 people employed full-time for every 1 person on disability (less than HALF than 1968)

• Today (2013), there are 13 people employed full-time for every 1 person on disability.

It is simply unsustainable. It cannot be denied. It cannot be debated. It cannot be ignored. It is unsustainable - and liberal policy of expecting the few to provide for the many (just like communist countries did) does not work. It's been tried by communists nations world wide and it has a 100% failure rate. It's more than just burdening the few. It's taking away the incentive for production, innovation, etc. When it doesn't matter how hard I work, because I'll get the same as everyone else, I stop working hard and put in the same effort as everyone else (it's just a reality that the utopian-based communist ideology refuses to take into account).

8,830,026: Americans on Disability Hits New Record for 192nd Straight Month | CNS News

Wow, look at that chart just completely change when Obama took office. :doubt:
I noticed this hit all the usual suspects on the right wing noise machine.

WEBdis600.gif.cms

You should really learn what the Hell you are talking about before you try to edjamacate someone else.

You should really learn what the Hell you are talking about before you try to edjamacate someone else.

You draw your conclusions to start, then work backwards to support those conclusions. Which is why you try to spin hard data. I'll just repeat the numbers, sicnce they don't lie (by the way asshole, what's with your obsessions with Obama? I didn't even mention him, but immediately, you did... I wonder why that is)?

• In 1968, there were 51 people employed full-time for every 1 person on disability.

• In 1997, there were 24 people employed full-time for every 1 person on disability (less than HALF than 1968)

• Today (2013), there are 13 people employed full-time for every 1 person on disability.

8,830,026: Americans on Disability Hits New Record for 192nd Straight Month | CNS News

You draw your conclusions to start, then work backwards to support those conclusions. Which is why you try to spin hard data. I'll just repeat the numbers, sicnce they don't lie (by the way asshole, what's with your obsessions with Obama? I didn't even mention him, but immediately, you did... I wonder why that is)?

Well I guess Bush II was a Democrat then?

Man, you are making a good economic point but clouding it with senseless noise blaming it on Democrats or ghosts or Jews or whoever and making yourself look like a 1938 dumb German.

Still though it is a valid point that more folks are declared disabled....

To debate....

Folks linger on longer in old age

The young and disabled live longer now

Life just sucked back in the good ol days of A Christmas Story if you were disabled or had a disabled family member. Still though we may have gone too far

Do ya have any information on what gets you declared disabled now vs 30 years ago? Something to indicate maybe an xx% loss of this or that was required in the past but only an x% is required now?

Duh... as studies progress and advocacy expands more and more people are diagnosed with disabilities. Thus a higher percentage of people with disabilities in the workforce.

i.e. the same number of people with disabilities existed in 1968 as do now, simply they weren't diagnosed.

So your stats are skewed.

I work in the field. I know this to be true and have had to wrestle people away from labeling someone with that diagnosis in the past.

I also think it's really cruel for you to advocate against people with disabilities being able to have work.

Continuing my series on educating liberals, today we cover their absolute weakest point - economics. Of course, part of this weakness stems from their greed. When you're crazed out of your mind with getting your hands on other people's money, you're not likely to stop and think about what that is doing to the economy. But who knows, maybe today some young liberal will actually read the facts listed below and become the first liberal in US history to actually THINK.

It is simply unsustainable. It cannot be denied. It cannot be debated. It cannot be ignored. It is unsustainable - and liberal policy of expecting the few to provide for the many (just like communist countries did) does not work. It's been tried by communists nations world wide and it has a 100% failure rate. It's more than just burdening the few. It's taking away the incentive for production, innovation, etc. When it doesn't matter how hard I work, because I'll get the same as everyone else, I stop working hard and put in the same effort as everyone else (it's just a reality that the utopian-based communist ideology refuses to take into account).

It used to be that CEO's made 30 times the wage of the average worker. Now they make 300 to 400 times. If they are so good, where are the jobs? Republicans moving the wealth of the nation to the top 1% doesn't help the country.

CNS? :lol:

Try again with a legitimate source, not ultra-right wing propaganda.

Last edited:
Duh... as studies progress and advocacy expands more and more people are diagnosed with disabilities. Thus a higher percentage of people with disabilities in the workforce.

i.e. the same number of people with disabilities existed in 1968 as do now, simply they weren't diagnosed.

This right here is the real issue.

This right here is the real issue.

Expand?

Liberal policy? Reagan was a liberal??

Social Security Disability Enrollment Rising Due To Demographic Trends: CBO

CBO - Policy Options for the Social Security Disability Insurance Program
http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofiles/attachments/43421-DisabilityInsurance_screen.pdf

"The study, by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office, found that the biggest jumps in the disabled population came from aging Baby Boomers. From 1996 through 2009 -- "the approximate period during which the baby-boom generation entered their 50s -- the share of disabled worker benefits awarded to older workers (age 45 and older) rose from 67 percent to 76 percent," the report said.

Meanwhile, the share of benefits going to younger workers -- between the ages of 25 to 44 -- fell from 31 percent to 22 percent.

"Baby boomers' aging would have boosted enrollment in the DI program even if no other factors had changed," the report said.

Add to that the fact that more women have entered the workforce since 1970, boosting the working population and creating a larger pool of people who can become disabled.

A change in the law during the Reagan administration that allowed more people with mental disabilities and musculoskeletal problems to qualify also increased the number of people on disability. In 1990, such people accounted for 38 percent of workers in the SSDI program. In 2010, the number had risen to 54 percent."

Well done, Rotty. Well done.

Ok, so the problem was with Reagan and no doubt bleeding hearts did not stop him. Demographics, our aging population, is fighting against us also.

Lone, do you have any ideas? Certainly we are due to raise the retirement age. There should be more liht duty jobs available in this age of ebay and on line this and that. Too bad about old ppl, eye sight problems and computer phobia.....

Is ther any class of disability you would like to attack? Fibermylogia hiwever it is spelled has always seemed questionable to me but who am I to say something does not hurt. Same with arthritis!

Note to conservatives...if we go after mental health issues as your alternative to gun legislation, a LOT more people will qualify for disability. It has a COST.

End of econ 101 lesson for right wing pea brains...

For starters in you OP you said, "liberal policy of expecting the few to provide for the many".

Whose liberal policy were you referring to? Certainly not Obama's. :eusa_eh: Somehow I kind of doubt you would be creating this thread if you weren't in some way trying to point out what a rotten job Obama is doing? Where you screaming about this five years ago? You should be screaming about 1984 when it would seem Reagan reversed an eight year trend of reducing the number of American on disability and Reagan's policies have started a cascade that continues to this day. Blame Reagan!

Now who has made conclusions and worked backward?

Liberal policy? Reagan was a liberal??

Social Security Disability Enrollment Rising Due To Demographic Trends: CBO

CBO - Policy Options for the Social Security Disability Insurance Program
http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofiles/attachments/43421-DisabilityInsurance_screen.pdf

"The study, by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office, found that the biggest jumps in the disabled population came from aging Baby Boomers. From 1996 through 2009 -- "the approximate period during which the baby-boom generation entered their 50s -- the share of disabled worker benefits awarded to older workers (age 45 and older) rose from 67 percent to 76 percent," the report said.

Meanwhile, the share of benefits going to younger workers -- between the ages of 25 to 44 -- fell from 31 percent to 22 percent.

"Baby boomers' aging would have boosted enrollment in the DI program even if no other factors had changed," the report said.

Add to that the fact that more women have entered the workforce since 1970, boosting the working population and creating a larger pool of people who can become disabled.

A change in the law during the Reagan administration that allowed more people with mental disabilities and musculoskeletal problems to qualify also increased the number of people on disability. In 1990, such people accounted for 38 percent of workers in the SSDI program. In 2010, the number had risen to 54 percent."

Yeah!, what he said. :D

again the republicans show they dont understand demographics.

baby boom.

increasing muliticulturism.

things the cons just cant seem to incorporate into their world veiw

Well I guess Bush II was a Democrat then?

Man, you are making a good economic point but clouding it with senseless noise blaming it on Democrats or ghosts or Jews or whoever and making yourself look like a 1938 dumb German.

Still though it is a valid point that more folks are declared disabled....

To debate....

Folks linger on longer in old age

The young and disabled live longer now

Life just sucked back in the good ol days of A Christmas Story if you were disabled or had a disabled family member. Still though we may have gone too far

Do ya have any information on what gets you declared disabled now vs 30 years ago? Something to indicate maybe an xx% loss of this or that was required in the past but only an x% is required now?

Bush II was certainly a liberal. He expanded government (Homeland Security), pissed all over the Constitution (the Patriot Act), and spent like a drunk'n sailor (added over $4 trillion to the national debt). If only he had "Democrat" after his name, the idiot liberals on USMB would be worshipping and fellating him 24x7 instead of demonizing him.

So your stats are skewed.

I work in the field. I know this to be true and have had to wrestle people away from labeling someone with that diagnosis in the past.

I also think it's really cruel for you to advocate against people with disabilities being able to have work.

Well that sure is a great sob-story, unfortunately, it's pure unadulterated bullshit. The fact is, we've created a welfare state and people are working the system for all it's worth.

By the way, if you have sooooo much compassion for them, why don't you pay for them out of your own wallet? Why don't you care for them out of your own time and resources?

No? Didn't think so?

Forum List

Back