Educating Democrats: Executive Order

P@triot

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2011
United States
After seeing how woefully uninformed our friends on the left are about government, I've decided to start a series to educate them. The first one is on Executive Orders.

Sadly, the left believes the president of the United States is the "ultimate ruler" - responsible for making all decisions/laws in the U.S.

The educated knows nothing could be further from the truth. The president belongs to the executive branch, while laws are made by the legislative branch (Congress). Which brings us to Executive Orders. Since the president cannot make laws, what are Executive Orders and what are their purpose?

Executive Orders are simply "official" declarations for the people who work for the president. So, for example, Congress passes a law that says the C.I.A. is strictly forbidden from spying domestically (as they actually did in the 1970's). That is the law - as passed by the legislative branch. The president could then issue an Executive Order giving the C.I.A. 2 weeks to remove all domestic wire taps, remove all domestic "bugs", stop all domestic operations, etc. The Executive Order supports the law passed by Congress by ordering those who report to the president to be compliant and a time frame for that compliance. It is NOT for the president to create his own laws.

Do You Know the History of Executive Orders? Plus, Find Out Which President Has Issued the Most (Hint: Not Obama) | Video | TheBlaze.com

I think it is that Executive Orders should be few and far between. However, the bigger problem is that Congress gives too much authority to the Executive Branch to interpret its laws through the issuance of Regulations. For example the EPA has decided to regulate co2 emissions without Congressional authority. Whether or not that is a good idea is supposed to be decided by the Legislative Branch of our government.

I would suggest the OP pick up a history book sometime

EO 10340
EO 11246
EO 10925
EO 9981
EO 7034
EO 10730
EO 9066

Let's go wayyy back, the emancipation proclamation was an EO. Presidents have been using EO's to advance their agenda since, well since the beginning of our nation .

EO 10340
EO 11246
EO 10925
EO 9981
EO 7034
EO 10730
EO 9066

Let's go wayyy back, the emancipation proclamation was an EO. Presidents have been using EO's to advance their agenda since, well since the beginning of our nation .

What in your post contradicts anythign the OP wrote?

EO 10340
EO 11246
EO 10925
EO 9981
EO 7034
EO 10730
EO 9066

All of it.

EO are sometimes used to clarify laws, they are also sometimes used to hire people, fire people, free slaves, force desegregation, and add on to existing laws.

EO 10340
EO 11246
EO 10925
EO 9981
EO 7034
EO 10730
EO 9066

All of it.

EO are sometimes used to clarify laws, they are also sometimes used to hire people, fire people, free slaves, force desegregation, and add on to existing laws.

Well, that's pretty much what the OP says.

Educating my friends on the right:

Obama will have to significantly increase his pace in order to match or beat Reagan's number of executive orders.

Care to regurgitate anymore talking points OP?

How many of Reagan's orders contradicted laws passed by Congress?

If that's the case, then the Emancipation Proclamation was a Constitutional violation. Of course, when did Lincoln ever let the Constitution get in his way?

Obama will have to significantly increase his pace in order to match or beat Reagan's number of executive orders.

Trick question - none because the right agreed with them all. Did I do logic right?

DUH . . . . wrongo! EOs do not clarify laws. Only the Supreme Court has that authority.

It's pathetic how little you know about the Constitution, and how eager you are to spew your ignorance into this forum.

Trick question - none because the right agreed with them all. Did I do logic right?

I dunno. Your history sucks. So I suspect you are a low-information poster, soon to go on ignore.

After seeing how woefully uninformed our friends on the left are about government, I've decided to start a series to educate them. The first one is on Executive Orders.

Sadly, the left believes the president of the United States is the "ultimate ruler" - responsible for making all decisions/laws in the U.S.

The educated knows nothing could be further from the truth. The president belongs to the executive branch, while laws are made by the legislative branch (Congress). Which brings us to Executive Orders. Since the president cannot make laws, what are Executive Orders and what are their purpose?

Executive Orders are simply "official" declarations for the people who work for the president. So, for example, Congress passes a law that says the C.I.A. is strictly forbidden from spying domestically (as they actually did in the 1970's). That is the law - as passed by the legislative branch. The president could then issue an Executive Order giving the C.I.A. 2 weeks to remove all domestic wire taps, remove all domestic "bugs", stop all domestic operations, etc. The Executive Order supports the law passed by Congress by ordering those who report to the president to be compliant and a time frame for that compliance. It is NOT for the president to create his own laws.

Do You Know the History of Executive Orders? Plus, Find Out Which President Has Issued the Most (Hint: Not Obama) | Video | TheBlaze.com

The president DOESN'T create his own laws. By EOs he's just exercising the authority given to him in the laws Congress passes.

All of it.

Well, that's pretty much what the OP says.

NO, the OP said the president CREATES laws. That's not it at all.

Please cite the place where the OP says that. In fact he says the exact opposite. I suspect your comprehension sucks.

This is a popular strawman fallacy from which people like you suffer.

The educated knows nothing could be further from the truth.

Did anyone else get a good belly laugh from the ironically bad grammar in "The educated knows"? :lol:

The president belongs to the executive branch, while laws are made by the legislative branch (Congress). Which brings us to Executive Orders. Since the president cannot make laws, what are Executive Orders and what are their purpose?

This OP is screamingly hilarious considering it was the rabid right wingers who got confused over what EOs are about. It was the Right which got all sweaty over Obama's pending "gun grabbing EOs".

What a pathetically obvious attempt to revise recent history! BWA-HA-HA!

Last edited:
Here are some people who had to be educated on EOs: http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/271812-obama-bin-stalin-threatens-eo-on-gun-grab.html

Read that topic. Watch the retards twist when I ask them what Obama's EOs would entail.

So is it now kosher to simply use an EO to make new laws?? How about a republican Prez who uses an EO to strip away abortion rights? Would you trivialize that also?

You should have addressed this topic to the people who really need it, Rott. :lol::lol:

Last edited:
More dipshits who needed this topic:

Obama weighing executive action on guns | Political Headlines | Comcast

Obama weighing executive action on guns
Facing powerful opposition to sweeping gun regulations, President Barack Obama is weighing 19 steps he could take through executive action alone, congressional officials said.

Basically he telling America ,I do not give a shit what anyone says ,I do as I please. My fellow Americans you have re elected a Dictator.

Dictator-A person granted absolute emergency power. One holding complete autocratic control . One ruling absolutely and often oppressively. Has a fierce stranglehold on the country, keeping its people in poverty and ignorance.

View attachment 23816

And who can forget that retard Congressman Stockman: GOP congressman threatens impeachment if Obama uses executive action for gun control

How many handclap smileys did we see the piss drinkers give to Stockman? :lol:

Forum List

Back