Either stand of get the #*!$ out

No, you absolutely do not represent our dead brothers and sisters, not with that attitude. That’s your ego getting the best of your intellect. You think way to highly of yourself.

I knew it would float right over your punkin head.
I read you loud and clear... just think you’re dead wrong. And you shouldn’t speak for or try to say you represent dead soldiers... what a cheap and petty tactic. Who do you think you are? That’s just disgusting

During a 3 day period,14-17 November 1965, 237 men of my unit were killed in battle. I helped load them on choppers. If you think I don't represent them, you're crazy.
That really sucks for you and for those poor souls but in the military like in America there is a diversity of opinions and beliefs. You don’t represent them all, I’m sorry but you just dont. It was a vet that suggested to Kap to take a knee to be respectful. It was your president that politicized this issue to work towards his advantage. He’s playing you and your playing right along. This movement never had anything to do with the military. You all made it about that.

Now my personal opinion is that I don’t like it. I wouldn’t allow my kids to do it and I wouldn’t allow any team that I coach to do it. But despite my personal opinions I also see what’s going on here... don’t be a dupe and don’t be a puppet. Open your eyes
All I can say is the player and the vet were both out of line and need their respective asses kicked. I can't do it because I'm almost 80 but I carry a wicked Hurrycane.
Well unfortunately for you we don’t go kick people’s asses when they protest causes that we don’t agree with. What a shitty country we would be with that kind of attitude. The First amendment is a beautiful thing. As a vet I’d think you’d be a defender of it but I guess not.

I read you loud and clear... just think you’re dead wrong. And you shouldn’t speak for or try to say you represent dead soldiers... what a cheap and petty tactic. Who do you think you are? That’s just disgusting

During a 3 day period,14-17 November 1965, 237 men of my unit were killed in battle. I helped load them on choppers. If you think I don't represent them, you're crazy.
That really sucks for you and for those poor souls but in the military like in America there is a diversity of opinions and beliefs. You don’t represent them all, I’m sorry but you just dont. It was a vet that suggested to Kap to take a knee to be respectful. It was your president that politicized this issue to work towards his advantage. He’s playing you and your playing right along. This movement never had anything to do with the military. You all made it about that.

Now my personal opinion is that I don’t like it. I wouldn’t allow my kids to do it and I wouldn’t allow any team that I coach to do it. But despite my personal opinions I also see what’s going on here... don’t be a dupe and don’t be a puppet. Open your eyes
All I can say is the player and the vet were both out of line and need their respective asses kicked. I can't do it because I'm almost 80 but I carry a wicked Hurrycane.
Well unfortunately for you we don’t go kick people’s asses when they protest causes that we don’t agree with. What a shitty country we would be with that kind of attitude. The First amendment is a beautiful thing. As a vet I’d think you’d be a defender of it but I guess not.
I wonder if the Founding Fathers had any inkling of how conditional our First Amendment would end up being.

You should tell ANIFTA to stand down then

You should tell ANIFTA to stand down then
Ok... hey ANTIFA... stand down!

This man is an inspiration to all patriots... I hope this rubs some of the players of the U.S. Soccer team raw... And yes even some of you snowflakes who kneel should be chaffed...

Hockey Coach Goes Viral: Either STAND For the National Anthem Or 'Get the HELL OUT!'
Patriotism
"The last refuge of the scoundel?"
So stupid, the NA was only recently put on football games to raise money.
Nothing to do with the country.
Ah well, the zero college trumpies don't know that

This man is an inspiration to all patriots... I hope this rubs some of the players of the U.S. Soccer team raw... And yes even some of you snowflakes who kneel should be chaffed...

Hockey Coach Goes Viral: Either STAND For the National Anthem Or 'Get the HELL OUT!'

What a big man to tell an all white minor league team to stand for the Anthem or get the hell out.

Papa bear?

Or Vince?

View attachment 268790

The General...

636247381891004511-AP-7603290326.jpg

What a big man to tell an all white minor league team to stand for the Anthem or get the hell out.

Papa bear?

Or Vince?

View attachment 268790

The General...

636247381891004511-AP-7603290326.jpg

The General seems to be suffering from early Alzheimer's or dementia. Very sad

No, you absolutely do not represent our dead brothers and sisters, not with that attitude. That’s your ego getting the best of your intellect. You think way to highly of yourself.

All you need is a mob.

You know, like Earnest Starr got.

Hard labor, for the "crime" of refusing to kiss a flag --- not making that up, to literally KISS A FLAG --- when the mob "ordered" that he do that. Ten to twenty hard labor for refusing to obey a mob. Plus fines.

That's where this bullshit is going. Which is the direct opposite direction from the Constitution you were supposed to be defending.

Back to the original OP, the Hockey coach has a great point. The protesting is no longer issue oriented, it is just people hating their country. If your point is to say you hate your country, then go to another country. You can love your country AND want to improve it, but that is not what is going on. Just leave already. A company telling its employees to act with respect is in no way a first amendment issue. It is just sad that they have to tell people to act with respect.

Patriotism
"The last refuge of the scoundel?"
So stupid, the NA was only recently put on football games to raise money.
Nothing to do with the country.
Ah well, the zero college trumpies don't know that

The NFL only stopped playing the NA in recent years in order to stuff more commercials into the pregame.

Here's a timeline of how the national anthem became a sports tradition in the first place:
  • 1814: Francis Scott Key wrote the Star Spangled Banner, while watching the bombardment of Fort McHenry in Baltimore.
  • 1889: Secretary of the Navy Benjamin F. Tracy called for the song to be played whenever the American flag was raised.
  • 1916: President Woodrow Wilson signed an executive order declaring the "Star Spangled Banner" the American national anthem.
  • 1918: The song was played spontaneously during the seventh-inning stretch of game one of the World Series between the Cubs and Red Sox, while the country had been in World War I for a year and half. After this, the song was often played on holidays or special occasions in many baseball parks.
  • 1931: Congress passed an act officially confirming the "Star Spangled Banner" as the national anthem, and President Hebert Hoover signed it into law.

• 1941-42: Playing the national anthem before the start of regular season baseball games became the standard. And with the U.S. in World War II now, the National Football League also included the playing of the anthem before games.
  • 1945: NFL commissioner Elmer Layden said, "The playing of the national anthem should be as much a part of every game as the kickoff. We must not drop it simply because the war is over. We should never forget what it stands for."
  • 2009: NFL players began standing on the field for the national anthem before the start of primetime games. Before this, players would stay in their locker rooms except during the Super Bowl and after 9/11.

The history of singing the national anthem before NFL games

Back to the original OP, the Hockey coach has a great point. The protesting is no longer issue oriented, it is just people hating their country. If your point is to say you hate your country, then go to another country. You can love your country AND want to improve it, but that is not what is going on. Just leave already. A company telling its employees to act with respect is in no way a first amendment issue. It is just sad that they have to tell people to act with respect.
That is complete horseshit. Did you watch the parade in NY? Listen to any of their speeches? All they did was express love for country, chant USA, waive the flag. You want to think of them as the enemy so you close your eyes and ears to what they are actually saying and doing. That makes you ignorant. Do better.

All you need is a mob.

Hard labor, for the "crime" of refusing to kiss a flag --- not making that up, to literally KISS A FLAG --- when the mob "ordered" that he do that. Ten to twenty hard labor for refusing to obey a mob. Plus fines.

That's where this bullshit is going. Which is the direct opposite direction from the Constitution you were supposed to be defending.

All you need is a mob.

That was then, this is now. He's lucky the mob didn't hang his seditious ass.

All you need is a mob.

All you need is a mob.

That was then, this is now. He's lucky the mob didn't hang his seditious ass.

It is in NO WAY "sedition" to refuse to kowtow to a mob demanding worship of a graven image. On the contrary it's patriotism, in that it exercises the spirit of the First Amendment on which the nation stands

"Hanging his ass" would have been spitting on that Document. Which they had already done, and they (the mob) got off scot-free. Those who ignore their own history are condemned to repeat it.

See the difference between a mob demanding Earnest Starr kiss a piece of cloth, and a PA announcer or hockey coach demanding everybody stand up to say a prayer to the same fetish?

Yeah I don't either.

Last edited:
You didn’t answer my question. You’re making a point that his actions are on the clock making it the businesses responsibility to handle, yet you don’t respect how the business handled it. Don’t point the finger at somebody else when I ask you a direct question, that’s a cheap way to debate.

First of all, Thank you for your service. I respect ALL and any Vets that fought for this country. I am sure you are proud to be an American. I know that I am. Of course, I am not a Vet. I wished that I joined the military when I was young. But this isn't what my comment is about.

Secondly, all I am going to say is that Colin Kaepernick said what he had to. He could have said and done what he did in a more professional manner. Taking a knee during the National Anthem to protest was wrong. Whether we come to agree on this, I am sure we won't.
All I can tell you, is the fact, It is all about Respect. I am sure if you ran a business and I was to take a knee and protest in your business, I would be fired. Probably on the spot. I would understand and take responsibility for what I did. Protesting in the business such a football field, only because you (in general) disagree whatever the reason for your protest, is wrong. He could have easily protested in the locker room, and it wouldn't have been a problem. But since he chose to protest on the football field during the National Anthem, that is why he became a controversial figure.
I am sure it is one of the many reasons why you fought for your country for people like Kaepernick to do things like this. But I believe it was wrong.
I am always going to point fingers at him. He disrespected not only our National Anthem, he disrespected a lot of Veterans. If it was some other song being played during that time, and he wanted to protest whatever his cause, go have at it. But he chose the National Anthem. That to me is disrespectful.
You never saw Jerry Rice or Emmit Smith of the Dallas Cowboys ever taking a knee during the National Anthem. They knew better.
As for Roger Goodell, he is the Commissioner. He should have stepped in. Especially, when he knew it was hurting the NFL brand. As well, as the organization as a whole.

As for your question previously, I didn't answer it because, it lacks substance. So I am sure we will never agree on this. So I am sure you will respond. I don't understand why you would stand aside the SJW anyways. They mean NOTHING to this country. Only to a few.

In case you haven't noticed, people will continue to stop watching the NFL and buying the jerseys of their favorite teams. The NFL is tainted. And it has been since Kaepernick decided to taint the brand.
So, yes...I will continue to stand by what I said. And I am sure you will too.
So there is no sense of pandering down to your level.

You didn’t answer my question. You’re making a point that his actions are on the clock making it the businesses responsibility to handle, yet you don’t respect how the business handled it. Don’t point the finger at somebody else when I ask you a direct question, that’s a cheap way to debate.

First of all, Thank you for your service. I respect ALL and any Vets that fought for this country. I am sure you are proud to be an American. I know that I am. Of course, I am not a Vet. I wished that I joined the military when I was young. But this isn't what my comment is about.

Secondly, all I am going to say is that Colin Kaepernick said what he had to. He could have said and done what he did in a more professional manner. Taking a knee during the National Anthem to protest was wrong.

Yeah?

Why?

Start there. If you can't get past it, let that tell you something about the solidity of what you're not standing on.

In case you haven't noticed, people will continue to stop watching the NFL and buying the jerseys of their favorite teams. The NFL is tainted. And it has been since Kaepernick decided to taint the brand.

We've done this before too, before you were on this site. TV ratings for NFL, which like any ratings serve one purpose and one purpose only, that being to set advertising rates, are down along with baseball ratings, basketball ratings, hockey ratings, college sports ratings, even NASCAR ratings even though that's not a sport. So your cherrypicking is just that. Those ratings are down across the board simply because people like me have cut the cable years ago when it occurred to us that we can get any of that shit over the internet except live sports which we pay for anyway. Bottom line: fewer people are watching any of them on TV while more people are streaming. Inverse relationship. One rises while the other falls. TV ratings for literally EVERYTHING are on a downward trend, because of this medium we're on right now.

I've been streaming baseball games for the last dozen years that way. It's got jack shit to do with "anthems" or fake pimped patriotism or any other jackwagon contrived bullshit issue. I did that because TV is a vast wasteland that serves no purpose, and because I have an alternative.

THAT"s why NFL ratings are down, while their streaming is up, just like everybody else, so trying to cherrypick that out by itself and then on top of that ascribe a causation you have no basis for, is doubly dishonest.

And then you want to accuse somebody ELSE of "pandering". Poster please.

Last edited:

Secondly, all I am going to say is that Colin Kaepernick said what he had to. He could have said and done what he did in a more professional manner. Taking a knee during the National Anthem to protest was wrong.

Yeah?

Why?

Start there. If you can't get past it, let that tell you something about the solidity of what you're not standing on.

We've done this before too, before you were on this site. TV ratings for NFL, which like any ratings serve one purpose and one purpose only, that being to set advertising rates, are down along with baseball ratings, basketball ratings, hockey ratings, college sports ratings, even NASCAR ratings even though that's not a sport. So your cherrypicking is just that. Those ratings are down across the board simply because people like me have cut the cable years ago when it occurred to us that we can get any of that shit over the internet except live sports which we pay for anyway. Bottom line: fewer people are watching any of them on TV while more people are streaming. Inverse relationship. One rises while the other falls.

I've been streaming baseball games for the last dozen years that way. It's got jack shit to do with "anthems" or fake pimped patriotism or any other jackwagon contrived bullshit issue. I did that because TV is a vast wasteland that serves no purpose.

THAT"s why NFL ratings are down, while their streaming is up, just like everybody else, so trying to cherrypick that out by itself and then on top of that ascribe a causation you have no basis for, is doubly dishonest.

And then you want to accuse somebody ELSE of "pandering". Poster please.
Lol
And you pander to political correctness like a spineless piece of shit...

Yeah! Screw all this "free country" crap. Stand and salute or get out! No differing opinions allowed!!

Fuckin' commie bastards daring to think for themselves, what's up with that shit?
they are saying FU to America --how nice

Yeah! Screw all this "free country" crap. Stand and salute or get out! No differing opinions allowed!!

Fuckin' commie bastards daring to think for themselves, what's up with that shit?
They spent a whole day waiving flags and chanting USA during a parade in NY. You don’t know what you’re talking about

They spent a whole day waiving flags and chanting USA during a parade in NY. You don’t know what you’re talking about
YOU don't know shit
you must also HATE America

Forum List

Back